AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 16:23   Link #1721
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
It isn't as scientific and close to the actual characters as the Morphogenetic Field.
You take that back. All of Ever17's science (excluding naturally anything that is clearly fictional and which they don't even try to pass as actual science) is actual science, whereas 999's "science" is a mixture of anecdotes twisted to fit the pseudoscience (often disproved urban legends) and blatant lies. The central concept of the morphogenetic field is an unfounded bullshit theory proposed by a hack scientist who isn't taken seriously in the scientific world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Are you putting 999 over E17 because of the compact nature? Or maybe the puzzles? Or maybe something completely different altogether.
It's probably the fact that he read 999 before E17. I was seriously disappointed in 999 because it stole so much from E17. Reading 999 first and E17 second probably results in the opposite effect.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 06:02   Link #1722
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
You take that back. All of Ever17's science (excluding naturally anything that is clearly fictional and which they don't even try to pass as actual science) is actual science, whereas 999's "science" is a mixture of anecdotes twisted to fit the pseudoscience (often disproved urban legends) and blatant lies. The central concept of the morphogenetic field is an unfounded bullshit theory proposed by a hack scientist who isn't taken seriously in the scientific world.
I understand that. I was comparing only BW and morphogenetic field. BW feels more like it was mostly made up for the story, while the morphogenetic field at least "seems" to have more base on, maybe not science, but some information. It was foreshadowed, but I couldn't take it very seriously as the driving force behind it. Well, the morphogenetic field is also pushing it, and felt more like a twist for the sake of having a twist than BW. I do like BW, and think it is a fun concept.

Quote:
It's probably the fact that he read 999 before E17. I was seriously disappointed in 999 because it stole so much from E17. Reading 999 first and E17 second probably results in the opposite effect.
I think that must have been the biggest reason. But I didn't say I largely prefer 999. I think they're quite on the same level. I'm not entirely sure of all the reasons, and it's not like my last post was a complete review. My opinion might change at some point after thinking it through a couple of times more. I admit to Ever17 having a better story overall.

This should be my verdict: Ever17 was better story-wise, but 999 was a better experience.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 08:58   Link #1723
VDZ

Quote:
I understand that. I was comparing only BW and morphogenetic field. BW feels more like it was mostly made up for the story, while the morphogenetic field at least "seems" to have more base on, maybe not science, but some information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
I say BW has more basis behind it than the Morphogenetic field.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-05, 10:58   Link #1724
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
I say BW has more basis behind it than the Morphogenetic field.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ever17 and 999:

EDIT: Spoiler-tagged!

Last edited by Bluemail; 2011-10-06 at 05:47.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:28   Link #1725
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Bluemail, you probably should put your post into spoilers tag.
Spoiler for ever17 end game:

Spoiler for 999 and Ever17 end game:
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 16:46   Link #1726
SabreS

You guys actually got me to want to replay the whole of Ever 17. Well done. And good luck in the translation efforts.
SabreS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 06:08   Link #1727
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Bluemail, you probably should put your post into spoilers tag.
Spoiler for ever17 end game:
Talking with people really helps to sort these kinds of things out so I can get a clearer picture.

Spoiler for Ever17 endgame:

Quote:
Spoiler for 999 and Ever17 end game:
I guess it did come rather suddenly... Maybe that's why I said it felt like a twist just for the sake of having a twist. Can't think of more to say right now.
Spoiler for Coco:

EDIT: I have now got all the endings, but I'm missing one scene between the Kid/Sara and Coco scenes, scene number 105. Could someone give me directions how to get to that scene?

Might this CG be from that scene (aside from outfit of course)?
Spoiler for Xbox 360 screenshot:

But I already have all the CGs in the gallery. Does that mean the Xbox version actually has additional scenes/routes? Because I would remember if that CG popped up while I was playing. It could potentially be awesome if that is the case. I heard they're also going to streamline writing in some way, is that right?
I have already heard some gloomy comments of this release ruining Ever17. Is it just someone whining just because the original is being altered a bit, or is there some basis to this doubt? I don't think using 3D models warrants this.

Spoiler for LeMU Levels:

Last edited by Bluemail; 2011-10-06 at 13:39.
Old 2011-10-08, 10:32   Link #1728
4as
ForUs

Do you have a missing picture in the album or something like that? I could see what is there if that is the case. But by scenes... I have no idea.
Also the picture you posted from xbox is exclusive to it. Nothing like that in PC version.
Old 2011-10-08, 11:01   Link #1729
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Talking with people really helps to sort these kinds of things out so I can get a clearer picture.

Spoiler for Ever17 endgame:

I guess it did come rather suddenly... Maybe that's why I said it felt like a twist just for the sake of having a twist. Can't think of more to say right now.
Spoiler for Coco:

EDIT: I have now got all the endings, but I'm missing one scene between the Kid/Sara and Coco scenes, scene number 105. Could someone give me directions how to get to that scene?

Might this CG be from that scene (aside from outfit of course)?
Spoiler for Xbox 360 screenshot:

But I already have all the CGs in the gallery. Does that mean the Xbox version actually has additional scenes/routes? Because I would remember if that CG popped up while I was playing. It could potentially be awesome if that is the case. I heard they're also going to streamline writing in some way, is that right?
I have already heard some gloomy comments of this release ruining Ever17. Is it just someone whining just because the original is being altered a bit, or is there some basis to this doubt? I don't think using 3D models warrants this.

Spoiler for LeMU Levels:
I'm actually looking quite forward to the Xbox 360 remake, because I'm very interested to see what they have in store for us. And maybe the 3D models will be polished up. After all, Code_18's character models, which looked very crappy in the screenshots prior to release, were polished up a lot in the final release, so perhaps it'll be the same here. As for all the extras in the Xbox 360 remake, we listed them a while ago, but since I doubt you want to go searching through 20+ pages of topic...

-An additional ending.
-Rewritten story (basically, to remove the filler from the original)
-3D models and redone backgrounds.
-New CGs.
-Remixed soundtrack
-Entire game is re-recorded (though with all the original cast).

Speaking of the Xbox 360 remake, I just got an e-mail from Amazon JP today that my copy will be shipped on December 2nd. So we do have confirmation that December 1st is the official release date.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 11:57   Link #1730
VDZ

Quote:
The original writers aren't on the project. They're rewriting everything. You do the math.
Old 2011-10-08, 13:43   Link #1731
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
The original writers aren't on the project. They're rewriting everything. You do the math.
They never said they were rewriting everything. I mean, yeah, they're rewriting several parts of it, that's true, but they never said that they were going to be rewriting all of it. I'm sure the story will pretty much be the same.

Of course, you may be right, but until something's released, I tend to have an optimistic look on things, as I don't believe in fully judging something unless it's out.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:35   Link #1732
TJR

Quote:
Is it just someone whining just because the original is being altered a bit, or is there some basis to this doubt?
The base game is strong, so I'm fairly confident that the remake will be a good product overall. There's just some uncertainty over whether the people in charge know what they're doing in terms of story alterations. It seems like everyone's trying to lay claim to the Infinity "lineage"/fanbase, so it's hard to know who has a real vision:

- Cyberfront with code_18 (the official successor in the line but by completely new people)
- Regista's I/O and upcoming Root Double (helmed by writer/director Nakazawa)
- Chun Soft's 999 and its upcoming follow-up (helmed by writer Uchikoshi)
- 5pb's Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate (looser link but helmed by songwriter Shikura, along with a sub-writer on R11)
- 5pb's Dunamis15 and Ever17 remake (helmed by ex-KID producer Ishikawa, they signify the official return of the SDR Project brand)
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:37   Link #1733
winkel

We still don't even know the actual staff behind E17 remake yet, so I don't think it's time to be up in arms yet. We just know who isn't in it, but not everyone involved in the original has outright claimed their connection to the remake yet so it's still vague.

Point is there is still a chance, although I think the real test of how well the remake staff is will be from the new scenarios, not the rewritting of the original script, which isn't that hard to do.

EDIT: Finally some new screens. The models seemed to have improved, though still not where I'd like them. Curious to see how Robotics;Notes will turn out now, since Chiyomaru has said that E17 was the test bed for it in terms of using 3-D models in their games.

And don't know if it's been mentioned, but the site finally renewed with new stuff. Characters page especially, has the voices and CGs... man some of these voices sound weird now... perhaps because it has been so long ago...

Last edited by winkel; 2011-10-08 at 16:10.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:28   Link #1734
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
We still don't even know the actual staff behind E17 remake yet, so I don't think it's time to be up in arms yet. We just know who isn't in it, but not everyone involved in the original has outright claimed their connection to the remake yet so it's still vague.

Point is there is still a chance, although I think the real test of how well the remake staff is will be from the new scenarios, not the rewritting of the original script, which isn't that hard to do.

EDIT: Finally some new screens. The models seemed to have improved, though still not where I'd like them. Curious to see how Robotics;Notes will turn out now, since Chiyomaru has said that E17 was the test bed for it in terms of using 3-D models in their games.

And don't know if it's been mentioned, but the site finally renewed with new stuff. Characters page especially, has the voices and CGs... man some of these voices sound weird now... perhaps because it has been so long ago...
Hmm. Well, they changed the models, that's for sure, but the style they seem to be using isn't exactly what I'd like, but it'll have to do. I kinda like Sara's model, though.

Note that on the second page of the screenshots, there's an interview with all the seiyuus (except for Hoshi). I'll probably translate those tomorrow, because I'm studying for a test right now.

As for voices:

Hoshi's Takeshi sounds different now (at the very least, his voice isn't exactly the same as his Keiichi voice now), but his Kid sounds exactly the same.

Shitaya... sounds pretty much the same as You, but her voice seems slightly deeper.

It seems all those years of playing Rin Tohsaka has gotten to Ueda, because Sara doesn't quite sound as youthful as her older voice. Overall, sounds in the middle between the old Sara and Rin, I'd say.

Kasahara's Sora sounds similar, but something seems slightly different.

Hmm... Asakawa's Tsugumi is... well, it seems a little lighter in pitch. Kinda disappointing, since I thought her previous deep voice for Tsugumi was perfect. Oh well, maybe it'll be better in the actual game.

Mochizuki certainly sounds the same, that's for sure.
Old 2011-10-08, 16:36   Link #1735
VDZ

Quote:
EDIT: Finally some new screens. The models seemed to have improved, though still not where I'd like them.

No. Just no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There's just some uncertainty over whether the people in charge know what they're doing in terms of story alterations.
Old 2011-10-08, 22:30   Link #1736
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Looks fucked.

And from that video they ruined "Karma".

Unforgivable.

That was my favourite piece of music from Ever17.

With the change of clothes it seems between the incidents I think the game will really have lost it's "oh shit" feeling when everything clicks.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:29   Link #1737
Elvin

If you can get used to ryukishi07's art you can get used to those.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:40   Link #1738
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Ryukishis art at least doesn't look dead.
Old 2011-10-09, 05:13   Link #1739
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Do you have a missing picture in the album or something like that? I could see what is there if that is the case. But by scenes... I have no idea.
Also the picture you posted from xbox is exclusive to it. Nothing like that in PC version.
I said I got all the CGs, but I'm missing two from the Etc 2 section, which I guess open when I get the final scene:

oooxo
xoooo
ooooo
oo

Spoiler for Xbox scene and Sara:

Quote:

It's not because it is so long ago, it's re-recorded and they DO sound different. You seems to have deeper voice in the second clip, and Tsugumi definitely sounds younger or more exotic or something.
Spoiler for Tsugumi:
The other voices sound mostly right.

I'm not very impressed with the 3D models. Especially Coco looks really weird in some angles, though this pic looks okay enough. But it seems they got Sara right. The backgrounds look good. Rest area has been moved to Level 1... Does that mean that in this version Erste Boden isn't flooded? Or could they have switched the order somehow, that Level 1 is actually Dritte Stock (was the rest area on Dritte Stock?). I have no idea why they would do that, though. Weirdest thing is this submarine. It's probably the exploration vessel from IBF, but Sora shouldn't be able to be there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new version has to offer. If I ever get to read it, I don't think I'm going to get an Xbox 360. But a fresh take on an old story might not always be bad. At least we don't have to read the same thing twice (even if we wanted to ). They should include a retro mode or something, with the original story intact.

With the revival of the SDR brand, are they trying to start some kind of "Number"-series with Dunamis15 and put Ever17 as part of it? As it's longer Ever17 - the out of infinity -, just Ever17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Looks fucked.

And from that video they ruined "Karma".

Unforgivable.

That was my favourite piece of music from Ever17.
I don't think it was utterly ruined, but original Karma was better, I give you that. I wonder if there's going to be any new tracks besides ending and opening? The original soundtrack wasn't very varied, though it didn't bother me either.

After listening to the full version, I think I like the new opening song. It did sound bad in the trailer, but now I have a better impression of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
With the change of clothes it seems between the incidents I think the game will really have lost it's "oh shit" feeling when everything clicks.
Spoiler for Tsugumi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Ryukishis art at least doesn't look dead.
Ryukishi's characters might look weird at first, but yeah, at least they're very lively.

They should give us a proper trailer. I still need to see the game in motion before I want to doom the 3D to the depths with Lemuria.

It was probably told a long time ago, but the time limit seems to have been changed to 170 hours and 17 minutes, no longer 119 hours. Sora seems to say it in her 2nd voice clip as well. Sounds kind of unrealistic to estimate it so exactly, might be related to new plot. If not, they should have dropped the 17 minutes at least. It adds a little over 2 days to the narrative. A Lot of new content, or events have been spread more widely, resulting in shorter days in playtime.

Last edited by Bluemail; 2011-10-09 at 05:27.
Old 2011-10-09, 05:32   Link #1740
4as
ForUs

Quote:
I said I got all the CGs, but I'm missing two from the Etc 2 section, which I guess open when I get the final scene:

oooxo
xoooo
ooooo
oo
I'm sorry, I just wanted to be sure...
All that stuff in etc2 is bonus content for completing the game beyond just getting all the endings. You will have to go through all the possible choices and have the Clear List completed - that is all I know unfortunately. Your best bet is to play from the beginning and hunt for choices you missed... or just get a 100% save file.

Tags
visual novel