AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-27, 10:14   Link #1
ccardoso
Banned

[Manga] Ichigo's (huge) power-up in sight?

Hello guys...
in the last chapters Ichigo was owned, pawned and umiliated like never before by Grimjaw and Ulquiorra: he only managed to win against Shirosaki (Hollow Ichigo)... but that's pretty much obvious because otherwise he would be a Vastroode by now and there is a huge plot device at work here: I think evreyone here thinks that Shirosaki is still greatly stronger than Ichigo, so how Ichigo managed to win is a mystery.
Anyway I thought that, after subduing Shirosaki, his power growth would have been exponential, but I was greatly wrong: at the moment he can take his mask on only for 11 seconds, without possibilities of putting it on again immediately after it dissolves.
Shinigami Ichigo is useless again a 6th ranked espada, while Vaizard Ichigo can fight quite well against an unreleased Grimjaw... if Espada have the same huge power-up as shinigami when they release then we can safely assume that even Vaizard Ichigo would have a very hard time against a released Grimjaw.
And Grimjaw is only 6th in rank: how is Ichigo supposed to fight against the 1st Espada in these conditions? He is hopeless even with the mask: so I think there is another huge power-up near in the future.
Now that Inoue is gone Ichigo is going to get desperate about the entire situation and we know that Ichigo gives the best results when he's under pressure, especially when one of his friends is in life danger.
What do you think?
Old 2006-07-27, 10:41   Link #2
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
A new power up will come for sure
The Question is, if it is one huge Powerup (mastering the mask after Orihimes disapear)
or in small Steps while running around in Hueco Mundo, looking for Orihime
Probaly he will trash Arrancars Number 11 and higher like he did with the Fukutaicho in the end of Soul Society arc ^^

He`s the main Hero, someday he will have to defeat Vaizard Aizen, Soul Societys King, and Satan sometimes when Kubo adds another world... hell
Old 2006-07-28, 08:12   Link #3
budak

lol im not sure about the satan thing.
But ichigo will probably grow much much stronger, he is not even at his best potential yet for sure
Old 2006-07-28, 09:18   Link #4
Junni
Flip Flap

i think sooner or later Hichigo will save ichigo once again and gain some control over the body for some time.. so urahara and the others will need to stop him and turn him back to the normal ichigo
Old 2006-07-28, 09:38   Link #5
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junni
i think sooner or later Hichigo will save ichigo once again and gain some control over the body for some time.. so urahara and the others will need to stop him and turn him back to the normal ichigo
Eh this is a very nice thing I would really like to happen. Do you imagine a Shirosaki x Rukia conversation? LOOOL
Old 2006-07-28, 10:06   Link #6
Junni
Flip Flap

or you will see his dad to save his child .. ? =D
Old 2006-08-02, 10:09   Link #7
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Isn't this a strange thread. Because sofar ichigo has always needed a powerup to defeat his enemy.

Everytime ichigo couldn't defeat his enemy, my sister and i would say, powerup training.
And lordy lord there it came powerup training.
Why cann't ichigo use his powers to defeat his enemy with his brains for once.
He will probally need to powerup several time to defeat hollows and then tousen and then aizen and then whoever comes next.
And it's always ichigo who powers up, not ishida or sado or orihime. Are they on their max level?

As for ichigo saving, let kenpachi save him, kenpachi style
Old 2006-08-02, 10:43   Link #8
Junni
Flip Flap

as for ishida orihime & chad
they are not @ the max level yet

when we saw ishida vs mayuri that was a quincy's final form
so i think there are some different forms of quincy's

and at the end of the SS arch.. the 4th captain saw something strange at Orihime's ability so.. she got a special ability i think she can't make fully use of it yet.. maybe the 4th captain will train her ?? .. .or....
Spoiler:

and for Chad.. only his right arm got an armor maybe later he will get an armor on both hands..

and yea.. let kenpachi save ichigo when he's in a big trouble
noone's gonna kill ichigo only kenpachi may
Old 2006-08-03, 09:34   Link #9
Zeifear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
A new power up will come for sure
The Question is, if it is one huge Powerup (mastering the mask after Orihimes disapear)
or in small Steps while running around in Hueco Mundo, looking for Orihime
Probaly he will trash Arrancars Number 11 and higher like he did with the Fukutaicho in the end of Soul Society arc ^^

He`s the main Hero, someday he will have to defeat Vaizard Aizen, Soul Societys King, and Satan sometimes when Kubo adds another world... hell
*Pictures Ichigo vs. Satan* That would be kind of cool. =D
Old 2006-08-03, 13:26   Link #10
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I really don't want to see another power-up in a long while..

Ichigo just staying in his fully powered Vaizard mode should be enough.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:45   Link #11
Junni
Flip Flap

hope he will learn some nice new moves in bankai mode
Old 2006-08-03, 14:52   Link #12
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

New moves!
That would be nice, instead of getting so powerfull that when ichigo farts, he will destroy the planet earth
Old 2006-08-03, 15:42   Link #13
miko tian

hm more moves out of bankai certainly would be good. as of yet, most bankais have just been a weapon transformation. imagine ichigo learning to CONTROL hollow techniques while in bankai. i guess that'll be his next power up, since the manga seems to b pushing towards it.
Old 2006-08-03, 19:01   Link #14
bkzjester

hm..you think there could be something more than just the mask? maybe like new body plate or something? might be out of the blue, but possible.
Old 2006-08-03, 19:36   Link #15
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Vizards have hollow's powers like Cero :P
Ichigo isn't getting powerups all the times, it sounds dumb but he just suddenly remembers how he can be stronger and that's all (Ikkaku and Renji fight in SS)
nobody in the story reached his max in earth team
Orihime will have powerup, but we don't know will she be able to face Arrancar with it
Old 2006-08-04, 13:51   Link #16
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junni
and for Chad.. only his right arm got an armor maybe later he will get an armor on both hands..
no no no no no

I do not want to see s-CRY-ed MK.II
Old 2006-08-04, 14:15   Link #17
Biswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
no no no no no

I do not want to see s-CRY-ed MK.II
It was like scryed the second he got a powerup on his hand, and you know it. Now the only choice is to make the next step, you know. The only other option for a Chad power up would be like a modification to his already existing hand. But there is no way to make this less scryed >_<. Maybe Kubo can imagine something totally different.

I also hope for a massive Ichigo power-up... i knew all these losses after what is supposed to be "power up" seemed kind of strange. The arc is nowhere near the peak of Ichigo's strength, hopefully. But i also hope that along with a strength power-up, his personality also matures because he stills seems to act a little rash. Just leaving the vizards like that to fight on his own... that was rash, but i guess i don't blame him. I dislike the fact that he believes in his strength after just a little training. Though i like the fact that he gets this confidence in order to do what is correct, not what is sane. This is where he differs from Soul Society, i suppose.
Old 2006-08-04, 19:04   Link #18
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
Isn't this a strange thread. Because sofar ichigo has always needed a powerup to defeat his enemy.

Everytime ichigo couldn't defeat his enemy, my sister and i would say, powerup training.
And lordy lord there it came powerup training.
Why cann't ichigo use his powers to defeat his enemy with his brains for once.
He will probally need to powerup several time to defeat hollows and then tousen and then aizen and then whoever comes next.
And it's always ichigo who powers up, not ishida or sado or orihime. Are they on their max level?

As for ichigo saving, let kenpachi save him, kenpachi style
Obviously wits don't work when your enemy can beat you up with a pinky.

How many times have you seen Uryuu, Chad, or Orihime fight (Anyone decent that is)? Well Uryuu had that fight with Mayuri and guess what? he powered up.

And what is he doing now? Powering up.
Old 2006-08-05, 13:19   Link #19
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Obviously wits don't work when your enemy can beat you up with a pinky
If your enemy can beat you up with his pinky, then no matter how much you powerup, you still cann't beat him.
Like me trying to beat up kenpachi, no matter how many times i powerup, i will never beat him.
But i could try to use mine brain and find an other way to beat kenpachi.

And your right, everybody powers up these days.

Why don't the bad guys just attack the good guys right away and kill them when they are still weak.
Instead of letting them get away and get stronger.
I know that will kill the story, but now it starting to look like dragonball and that's a bad thing.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:18   Link #20
Junni
Flip Flap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
Why don't the bad guys just attack the good guys right away and kill them when they are still weak.
Instead of letting them get away and get stronger.
I know that will kill the story, but now it starting to look like dragonball and that's a bad thing.
or do you want when the enemy's get almost defeated and then escape to save the story and then he power ups ? instead of the good guys
Closed Thread