AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-18, 22:06   Link #881
Rin_Tohsaka

currently its Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Rin_Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 23:15   Link #882
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Info on Cotton Soft's next game came out a few days ago...

Reconquista

Talk about a 180 degree turn from their last game. ^^;
Personally, I like suspense/mystery dramas more than the all-too-common "school love ADV" genre, so this one piques my interests some.

-----
It appears the release for Narcissu 2 is getting pushed back again, due to some new content additions. Now it's looking like a mid~late March release.

-----
Kanishino's popularity contest is over.
Sumika, who got my votes, ended up in 3rd place... She did well for a branch school heroine, I guess. ^^

Interestingly, 1st and 2nd place were taken by the only characters (Tonoko and Miyabi) whose routes I haven't had the chance to complete yet. Must, find, time...

----
Not an eroge, but I came across this one a while ago from a news site, and the premise of another doujin visual novel with a mystery/suspense theme immediately got my attention.

Omegaの視界
Opening Movie

For what it's worth, the current release is really nothing more than an intro to the full story, therefore, it might be lacking in contents for some.

My first impression of the game (as I recall it now) was "...geez, this thing is hard to read ^^;".
On top of the scenario writer's rather unique writing style, the game is also filled with many difficult story-specific vocabularies. You'd need a guide just to be able to pronounce most of the character/location names . The result is something that borderlines on being denpa (incomprehensivle) at various points.

Still, as a whole, I'm very intrigued at where Nekobanana will go with this game. I'm looking forward to Spring for a more complete release.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-18 at 23:34.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 10:57   Link #883
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I was randomly surfing around, when I found this video.

Dai Banchou -Big Bang Beat-

Seems like the Melty Blood treatment went nicely on this one.. looks pretty polished for a doujin fighting game.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:43   Link #884
Spuffy
オウカ~

Still spending my time with Gekkou. Likely one of the most awesome games so far.
One of the longest as well. the first run was about as long as MLA, but here I'still have three scenarios left. Just about everything has been done right with this one. Also, having a setting in a european town (Florence) with older characters rather than your typical highschoolers is more than refreshing.

It is a shame though that Romeo isn't that talktive during certain events.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 18:54   Link #885
shadowplay
passive observer

I'm playing Gekkou aswell, and yeah it is long, haven't had my first good ending yet ;P. Though I shouldn't complain since there's hardly any boring moment in the game so far.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 04:13   Link #886
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hey, didn't know there is a thread like that on Animesuki, lucky me *G*
I'm playing Wind -a breath of heart- and working on a review for it atm, once that is done Strawberry Panic! (PS2) is my next^^
Anybody who also played a visual novel on a PS2?
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:43   Link #887
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Anybody who also played a visual novel on a PS2?
Umu, my PS2 has been gathering dust lately (lost much interest in playing video games) and most of the softhouses I like publish only in the PC format.

There are a few titles that catch my eye though like Fate/Stay Night レアルタ・ヌア, ななついろ★ドロップス Pure!!, and 夜明け前より瑠璃色な. Even though I've played them already, the new content added is something a fan will have a hard time passing up, FSN especially~ (the PS2 is the perfect platform to milk popular franchises....mooOoo)

It goes without saying... all three will probably find their way into growing list of titles I have yet to complete. *sweat*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 07:28   Link #888
-Nyu-
Yozora

I like PS2 cause there is always more content and no h-scenes. I just don't need them always, and if there are some, not too much. I.e. I like Really? Really! but Tick! Tack! is pure hentai.
I have a few visual novels for PS2, all limited editions *G*
As for F/S.N., I thought of getting it, but I have 11 games here I have to finish and to review plus a few titles which are on my list already. As for Fate/ Stay Night and Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia we have already a staff member working on the reviews.
Ah, my PS2 game list:
- Gift Prism
- We Are
- Crecent Love
- Utawarerumono
- Strawberry Panic!
- Canvas2
- Planetarian

Maybe I'll order Fate/ Stay Night in a few months, we'll see^^
I was also looking forward to Simoun, but they moved the release date until the end of this year, 1 year later! >.<
Old 2007-02-23, 17:20   Link #889
-Nyu-
Yozora

Clannad is getting a movie!^^
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...d=247&Itemid=2
Old 2007-02-23, 19:01   Link #890
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
With Toei Animation totally missing the point with their Air movie, can't say I'm looking forward to this. And if I were Key fan I'd be slightly annoyed by the recent 'whoring out' of the company, do they need the money that desperately. *rant, rant*
Also, wrong thread.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:49   Link #891
-Nyu-
Yozora

Well, Nyah^^ At least it's based on a visual novel Found the thread..
Btw, new favourite: "We Are" by KID. Someone who played one of KID's visual novels (like Ever 17)?

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2007-02-24 at 03:54.
Old 2007-02-24, 01:54   Link #892
velocity7

The site's off; we're 25% now.
Old 2007-02-24, 06:27   Link #893
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednaxela
And Hiro Suzuhira left Navel today, claiming it's caused by health reasons.
http://www.project-navel.com/
Well, haven't played any of navel's game actually, since many people around me were basically bad mouthing them
Old 2007-02-24, 08:58   Link #894
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Well, they're a bit too overrated in some ways -_-;;; .

luckyovermind: When was that said (pardon my lack of Japanese...)? If that happens that would be a pity...
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 10:40   Link #895
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Read the spoiler for Hiro-san's blog entry on her reasons to leave Navel. Taken from Nishimata Aoi's hompage.
Spoiler:

To sum it up, complications between work and Hiro-san's own physical health arose. Between the two, she chose her own health (thank you) and left Navel. There were talks of some type of work at home/rehabiliation program, but she declined them stating that 'it isn't fair for only her to recieve special treatment'.

While it is sad news, it's a good decision on her part. You only have one body to live in, best take care of it as well as you can. Hiro-san's career is still alive as she plans to take in sub-contracts with Navel in the later future.

This news doesn't mean the end of Navel (seems like quite a few people have jumped the gun here.) Aoi Nishimata is still there. Her work on Oretsuba is still continuing (though no concrete release date is up yet ;_; )

umu... since when did this thread become daily news thread?
ミステリです。
Old 2007-02-24, 13:06   Link #896
Skeithis
Von Einzbern

Send a message via MSN to Skeithis
Just finished Muvluv Alternative. The Story was amazing although some of the main characteres were annoying (like tama, thats too much of loli =( ). And I was also disappointed because there were no H-Scenes, not even at the End. I'll try Muvluv and hope there won't be any shotacon stuff if I chose Mikoto x__x
Skeithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 14:14   Link #897
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
umu... since when did this thread become daily news thread?
Makes it a more useful thread though. ^^;

But, well, I was more shocked to learn that Purple Software's Iwazaki Kouji has passed away on the 21st due to a stroke. He was only 28 years old. Iwazaki-san was one of Purple Software's main illustrator, he was responsible for character arts of games such as Majipuri and Aruto.

Majipuri was one of the few games I enjoyed years go, so it's really saddening to hear this.

May he rest in peace.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 17:02   Link #898
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post

But, well, I was more shocked to learn that Purple Software's Iwazaki Kouji has passed away on the 21st due to a stroke.
I just found that out today. Very sad news, especially for those who loved his beautiful artwork. ・゜・(つД`)・゜・ May he rest in peace.

While this isn't much of a commemeration, I just want to share some of my favorite artwork by Iwazaki-san. 本当に, 優しい描きです。

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-02-24 at 17:17.
Old 2007-02-24, 17:16   Link #899
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post

But, well, I was more shocked to learn that Purple Software's Iwazaki Kouji has passed away on the 21st due to a stroke. He was only 28 years old. Iwazaki-san was one of Purple Software's main illustrator, he was responsible for character arts of games such as Majipuri and Aruto.

Majipuri was one of the few games I enjoyed years go, so it's really saddening to hear this.

May he rest in peace.
Oh no! Iwazaki Kouji had a stroke? With 28years???! Someone tell me Japanese have a healthy life..
May he rest in peace.

Purple software is one of the less companies I want to have all titles from.
Old 2007-02-24, 17:23   Link #900
-Nyu-
Yozora

Double post due server error, please delete.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel