AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 23:49   Link #1821
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think Vick's misfortunes pale in comparison to the nightmare Manning had against the Chargers. So this bizzare streak of the Chargers coming good as of November continues...I don't think anyone wants to face them now, even with the injuries they have. They have the depth to compensate while the Colts don't.

And Atlanta knock off Green Bay...beginning to think these guys aren't pretenders anymore. They're beating good teams consistently now.

I'm still liking the Jets most. They've been fun to watch the last few weeks. And I'm getting weary of the Bears....their demolition job of the Eagles shows that superior defence can rattle even the best.
Old 2010-11-29, 00:31   Link #1822
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Green Bay sold out so hard tho'...First they fumbled from the 1 yard line, then they didn't challenge Gonzales' dropped pass on 4th down, then they face mask on the final kickoff under a minute left setting up easy FG range...Atlanta's boringa$$ to watch team is just trucking along getting every break...That's how teams get to the Superbowl when luck meets hard work...Hell if the Saints lose one more I'm almost gonna have to cheer for them since they atleast play in a dome...If Chicago, Philly, or Greenbay (which is out of the best record talk now I think) get home field its gonna be tuff for my Saints in those $hitty outdoor parks...I don't know what ATL remaining schedule looks like but the Saints have 3 tough road games left so somebody needs to step up and beat them damn birds...I'm thinking 12-4 for us ain't gonna be good enough this year...
Old 2010-11-29, 02:14   Link #1823
Samari
World's Greatest

You know one player I've enjoyed watching? Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'm not sure what the Bills are going to do this offseason...perhaps give Fitzpatrick another chance and build around him, or start all over with someone like Andrew Luck (assuming they get him). I could also seeing the Bills keeping Fitzpatrick, but also using a second round pick or so on a quarterback maybe. Fitzpatrick could also be traded.

I personally think they should trade down and get more picks and build around the guy. The entire team has problems. Especially that defense. I haven't watched that many games, so I can only go by the few instances I've seen the Bills play and what the fans have said.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 03:57   Link #1824
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Green Bay sold out so hard tho'...First they fumbled from the 1 yard line, then they didn't challenge Gonzales' dropped pass on 4th down, then they face mask on the final kickoff under a minute left setting up easy FG range...Atlanta's boringa$$ to watch team is just trucking along getting every break...That's how teams get to the Superbowl when luck meets hard work...Hell if the Saints lose one more I'm almost gonna have to cheer for them since they atleast play in a dome...If Chicago, Philly, or Greenbay (which is out of the best record talk now I think) get home field its gonna be tuff for my Saints in those $hitty outdoor parks...I don't know what ATL remaining schedule looks like but the Saints have 3 tough road games left so somebody needs to step up and beat them damn birds...I'm thinking 12-4 for us ain't gonna be good enough this year...

It was a real comedy of errors, yeah...Green Bay did as much to lose it as Atlanta did to win it. But it's hard to talk down a team that's 9-2...As for theit schedule...

Tampa Bay
Carolina
Seattle
New Orleans (in Atlanta)
Carolina (in Atlanta)

Well...Carolina TWICE in their last 5?! Along with Seattle?! This team is going at least 12-4, surely. Maybe Tampa or NO can get one off them, but things are really looking up for Atlanta. Winning that game against the Packers has put them in the driver's seat.

Yet I shiver at the thought Kansas City will qualify due to a super weak division....
Old 2010-11-29, 08:50   Link #1825
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
How about San Diego who their defense stood up the test against those flailing Colts. If you had them in Fantasy Football then sing this song proudly.

SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 08:53   Link #1826
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think Vick's misfortunes pale in comparison to the nightmare Manning had against the Chargers. So this bizzare streak of the Chargers coming good as of November continues...I don't think anyone wants to face them now, even with the injuries they have. They have the depth to compensate while the Colts don't.

And Atlanta knock off Green Bay...beginning to think these guys aren't pretenders anymore. They're beating good teams consistently now.

I'm still liking the Jets most. They've been fun to watch the last few weeks. And I'm getting weary of the Bears....their demolition job of the Eagles shows that superior defence can rattle even the best.
Jets vs Pats should be a good game plus winner has home-field advantage, let's see who will win including Steelers vs Ravens. Two powerful games and possible AFC Championship Game. AFC is stacked once again in defense and defense wins championships.
Old 2010-11-29, 09:52   Link #1827
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Unlike previous years, that Chargers defense now has a solid offense to boot. Rivers is having a good season and hardly did a thing wrong versus the Colts. He's got great energy and a good knack of making the right call when he's under pressure. Plus Tolbert's given them a running game. They are dangerous and I think even New England would be concerned - if they can do that to Manning, they could do it to Brady.
Old 2010-11-29, 10:53   Link #1828
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
You know one player I've enjoyed watching? Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'm not sure what the Bills are going to do this offseason...perhaps give Fitzpatrick another chance and build around him, or start all over with someone like Andrew Luck (assuming they get him). I could also seeing the Bills keeping Fitzpatrick, but also using a second round pick or so on a quarterback maybe. Fitzpatrick could also be traded.

I personally think they should trade down and get more picks and build around the guy. The entire team has problems. Especially that defense. I haven't watched that many games, so I can only go by the few instances I've seen the Bills play and what the fans have said.
They definitely need to draft a defensive player first, especially a pass rusher or run defender. Opposing offenses are running all over them and they aren't putting nearly enough pressure on opposing quarterbacks; there were several times yesterday where Roethlisberger had literally all day to throw and that one play where he broke multiple tackles and ran over 10 yards for a first down was just sad.

I dunno if Fitzpatrick is the team's quarterback of the future but he's playing pretty damn hard and I think he's earned the shot to keep going. And again quarterback should not be the team's main concern right now. I think a good number of fans if not the majority feel the same way right now.

It's probably irrelevant though considering how their last couple drafts have gone. First-picking a running back when they already have 2 competent if not really good guys in that slot, a linebacker who has spent the entire season benched, and a guy who keeps fumbling kickoff returns and trips over his own teammate in what could have been a game-winning play...

I really think they needed to challenge that Polomalu interception yesterday. It looked questionable, they still had 3 timeouts left and that drive could have led to a touchdown that would have made overtime unnecessary. And that dropped pass...ugh. I was at the game and I think I was the first one in my section to notice that the ball had gone flying forward, was standing there facepalming while everyone else was still cheering thinking he had it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 11:55   Link #1829
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Seriously if the Eagles don't go all the way this year (which they probably won't), they REAAAAAAAAAAALLY need to brush up on the defense. The offense is looking solid with Shady/Vick/DJax/JMac tearing it up, but our defense is nowhere close to as good as our offense is.
Which is a shame considering how great our defense once was. It really didn't help us anymore that Samuel was out either. He is usually our INT creator.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:02   Link #1830
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Breaking NCAAF news: TCU to the Big East in all sports.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-29 at 13:16.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:46   Link #1831
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
TCU confirmed America's Team of College Football
Old 2010-11-29, 15:07   Link #1832
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
How about San Diego who their defense stood up the test against those flailing Colts. If you had them in Fantasy Football then sing this song proudly.

SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM
Colts always get their asses kicked by San Diego.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:31   Link #1833
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
TCU confirmed America's Team of College Football
What?

I'm glad Andre Johnson isn't going to be suspended for beating Cortland Finnegan's ass.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:21   Link #1834
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Old 2010-11-29, 20:40   Link #1835
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Unlike previous years, that Chargers defense now has a solid offense to boot. Rivers is having a good season and hardly did a thing wrong versus the Colts. He's got great energy and a good knack of making the right call when he's under pressure. Plus Tolbert's given them a running game. They are dangerous and I think even New England would be concerned - if they can do that to Manning, they could do it to Brady.
The Chargers own the Colts though. Brady has a bit better success against the Chargers than Manning does. Also, Brady handles the pressure better than Manning, he doesn't flinch before he thinks he's going to get hit.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:41   Link #1836
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Colts always get their asses kicked by San Diego.
True, but despite having injuries virtually equivalent to the Colts, the Chargers still played pretty damn well.
Old 2010-11-29, 20:55   Link #1837
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Man, TCU's decision may end up hurting them more than helping based on travel costs alone.

MWC is getting sabotaged left and right!
Old 2010-11-29, 21:18   Link #1838
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
True, but despite having injuries virtually equivalent to the Colts, the Chargers still played pretty damn well.
Since their Drew Brees and LT days, the Chargers have owned the Colts. I believe the Colts have only beaten them one or two times in the past 7 years. Just like the Patriots own the Steelers, the Chargers own the Colts.

And pardon me if I'm not quite convinced that the Chargers are the real deal. They still have to win their division to make the playoffs, and we all know how well they do in the playoffs.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:21   Link #1839
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Man, TCU's decision may end up hurting them more than helping based on travel costs alone.

MWC is getting sabotaged left and right!
Not really, by moving to a BCS conference (one were they will be a contender immediately), they are going to be set to get higher paying Bowls without having to go undefeated every year, and Big East has an ESPN TV deal so they'll get money and exposure with that. Plus, their recruiting pipeline will get stronger now that they can coax recruits with an automatic BCS bid.

Conference USA teams are fine, I'm sure TCU will be as well, regardless.

Edit: You guys know what's funny? Despite the fact Matt Cassel has been seen as a bad QB by most, he quietly has 22 TD and 4 Ints this year.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-29 at 21:52.
Old 2010-11-29, 22:15   Link #1840
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Which is a shame considering how great our defense once was. It really didn't help us anymore that Samuel was out either. He is usually our INT creator.
Problem is that we're dependent on Samuel now. Aside from Trent Cole, the rest of the defense just isn't getting it done in any way, shape, or form. Lurie was a moron to trade Dawk away several years ago, and now it's coming to bite us in the ass hard, cuz Dawk was the soul of the D.

Nowadays, Eagles have to have shootouts with everyone, and you can't just constantly demand your all-star QB get it done all the time. Brady hiccupped twice this year, and in both of those games, the D gave out on the Pats.

And if you want a case study for how a team with a super QB and a bunch of little helpers goes, look no further than the Colts. They're getting hammered this season. This is a team game, and Brady/Vick/Manning simply can't do everything.

Tags
american football, sports