AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-19, 13:34   Link #1101
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I'd call Pikachu losing more plot convenience than the inverse. Winning just means it isn't getting the early season nerf it usually gets; I'm not sure how it living up to being how strong it should reasonably be is plot convenience (any more so than its flip-flopping strength is a product of plot convenience by default, of course).

As for Hawlucha, which of its four (that I can remember) victories are we calling its only victory?

And is there anything actually bs about Ash Greninja, or are we just complaining for the sake of complaining on this one? At worst, it's Blaze Infernape 2.0. At best, it actually does have something bigger explaining it, which is what is being implied right now (whether the anime goes deep into that or if we'll just learn about it on the side is another matter).
Pikachu should not defeat half of the things it fights, especially ground types add to it getting pregferenve and getting stuff like Surf, Fly, Meteor Mash, etc and you have the most bs Pokémon out of the 720 in existence and that's counting Mewtwo and his OP ass and M. Rayquaza and it's ability.

Hawlucha loses 90% of the time and one of those "wins" is against a pokemon that should have destroyed it, remember the moonblast it took directly that did nothing?

As for Greninja IT IS bs because the inly reasin he is getting this new form is to be able to compete with Mega evolved Pokémon (before you mention Pikachu winning against M. Lucario please explain to me how it survived a barrage of bone clubs) and possibly to have it be able to fight "on par" with Shota's pretty obvious M. Sceptile in the Pokémon League.
Old 2015-09-19, 15:21   Link #1102
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Pikachu should not defeat half of the things it fights, especially ground types add to it getting pregferenve and getting stuff like Surf, Fly, Meteor Mash, etc and you have the most bs Pokémon out of the 720 in existence and that's counting Mewtwo and his OP ass and M. Rayquaza and it's ability.

Hawlucha loses 90% of the time and one of those "wins" is against a pokemon that should have destroyed it, remember the moonblast it took directly that did nothing?

As for Greninja IT IS bs because the inly reasin he is getting this new form is to be able to compete with Mega evolved Pokémon (before you mention Pikachu winning against M. Lucario please explain to me how it survived a barrage of bone clubs) and possibly to have it be able to fight "on par" with Shota's pretty obvious M. Sceptile in the Pokémon League.
We could argue all day about whether or not Pikachu should be as strong as it is, but on a good day it is, and so it winning those fights is at least consistent. Whether it's a smart sort of consistent is more debatable. At any rate this sounds more like a combination of trying to use game logic on the anime (which has long since been proven to be a bad idea) and simple anti-Pikachu bias more than anything.

Enduring attacks that should otherwise decimate a Pokémon isn't exactly rare (another example of it being one paragraph later in your own post; there's no good explanation except that type advantage is treated as little more than a minor inconvenience at times in the anime), nor is it unique to Hawlucha. I'm not sure why we're sarcastically quoting wins here, either.

You have no grounds claiming that's the sole reason for Ash Greninja's existence when we know so little about it. That one of the only things we know about it is that it is being tied into some sort of form change that a Pokémon in the past (either Eternal Flower Floette or something else) achieved implies there's something else to it. And even if it does allow him to fight Megas, so what? I don't see why that's a problem even if it is a contributing factor. Would we still be calling it bs if the next game instead revealed a Mega Greninja and Ash got that instead?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 16:07   Link #1103
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
We could argue all day about whether or not Pikachu should be as strong as it is, but on a good day it is, and so it winning those fights is at least consistent. Whether it's a smart sort of consistent is more debatable. At any rate this sounds more like a combination of trying to use game logic on the anime (which has long since been proven to be a bad idea) and simple anti-Pikachu bias more than anything.

Enduring attacks that should otherwise decimate a Pokémon isn't exactly rare (another example of it being one paragraph later in your own post; there's no good explanation except that type advantage is treated as little more than a minor inconvenience at times in the anime), nor is it unique to Hawlucha. I'm not sure why we're sarcastically quoting wins here, either.

You have no grounds claiming that's the sole reason for Ash Greninja's existence when we know so little about it. That one of the only things we know about it is that it is being tied into some sort of form change that a Pokémon in the past (either Eternal Flower Floette or something else) achieved implies there's something else to it. And even if it does allow him to fight Megas, so what? I don't see why that's a problem even if it is a contributing factor. Would we still be calling it bs if the next game instead revealed a Mega Greninja and Ash got that instead?
Even by the animes logic where typing exists Pikachu seems to be the exception to many of the rules especially when it's trying to portray a serious battle (when they are playing it out as a joke makes more sense because... it's a joke) and that's a big oversight.

Again, if you from the beginning have a set of rules (typing, weaknesses and strenghts, abilities, etc) which the anime has shown to have and then just throw them out the window just so the MC can win is bs and makes for bad writing even if it is made to be "exciting", why have rules set in place if more than half of the time you are going to ignore them?

Fact: It is NOT a mega evolution, apart from the games director saying that the 6th gen starters WON'T be getting megas, go and take a look at the poster and tell me if you can find any kind of Mega accesory on Satoshi/Ash, why not show it if he is getting a Mega? That in turn also disqualifies the theory of his Sceptile being his Mega evolution, bow can you guess who currently has a Grovyle that has a "rivalry" with (currently) Frogadier and is acquainted to Steven Stone?... yeah.

It being the same as AZ's Floette is once again bs, because his Floette is different due to it having been revived and being given immortality, pretty sure that it was a normal Floette BEFORE it died (remember that it needs a stone to evolve so it makes sense why it was still a Floette when it died), as for Greninja does it even hint at it going through something similar? No, it just takes an appearance close to Satoshi/Ash because... friendship? (You just know this will be the reason) Another reason it's NOT a Mega, why give it one when it's already the best out of that gens starters and not give one to the others?

I'm not just spout stuff out without having put some thought into it (as you can clearly see) you don't know how my mind works to make statements of why i'm saying something abd what if I hate Pikachu? Doesn't mean that I can't give it good criticism once in a while, but for as long as I can remember anything surrounding that Pukachu is bs, both it's OPness and it's times of weakness and until I see something worth praising that makes sense and doesn't make me question the intelligence of the writers I will keep judging the inconsistencies in this anime and compare them to the games which are the basis of inspiration and are the main source for the series as a whole.

Also the statement of me comparing the anime to the games being a bad idea is pretty hypocritical when in this site you go into ANY anime thread and you see the vast majority of people comparing the anime to the source (mostly LN), pretty sure you must have done it at some point (don't deny it), so why can't I compare the anime to the source (the games)? Especially when they are the basis of how that world is structured.
Old 2015-09-19, 22:29   Link #1104
Akashin

Quote:
Even by the animes logic where typing exists Pikachu seems to be the exception to many of the rules especially when it's trying to portray a serious battle (when they are playing it out as a joke makes more sense because... it's a joke) and that's a big oversight.

Again, if you from the beginning have a set of rules (typing, weaknesses and strenghts, abilities, etc) which the anime has shown to have and then just throw them out the window just so the MC can win is bs and makes for bad writing even if it is made to be "exciting", why have rules set in place if more than half of the time you are going to ignore them?
I wasn't defending this aspect. All I said was that it's hardly unique to Hawlucha, and that last I checked it doesn't apply to all of his victories anyway.

Quote:
Fact: It is NOT a mega evolution, apart from the games director saying that the 6th gen starters WON'T be getting megas, go and take a look at the poster and tell me if you can find any kind of Mega accesory on Satoshi/Ash, why not show it if he is getting a Mega? That in turn also disqualifies the theory of his Sceptile being his Mega evolution, bow can you guess who currently has a Grovyle that has a "rivalry" with (currently) Frogadier and is acquainted to Steven Stone?... yeah.
Not sure what you're trying to get at with any of this. I didn't call it a Mega, nor did I claim that Ash had a Mega accessory or that Mega Sceptile was his. What's your point, exactly?

Quote:
It being the same as AZ's Floette is once again bs, because his Floette is different due to it having been revived and being given immortality, pretty sure that it was a normal Floette BEFORE it died (remember that it needs a stone to evolve so it makes sense why it was still a Floette when it died), as for Greninja does it even hint at it going through something similar? No, it just takes an appearance close to Satoshi/Ash because... friendship? (You just know this will be the reason) Another reason it's NOT a Mega, why give it one when it's already the best out of that gens starters and not give one to the others?
No, Eternal Flower Floette looked the way it does (I'm pretty sure) and definitely knew Light of Ruin during the war, prior to its death. And it does in fact say that Ash Greninja is going through a process a Pokemon hundreds of years ago did (the wording implying that Pokemon and Ash Greninja are the only instances of whatever the process is). Whether that's Eternal Flower Floette or something else remains to be seen (and obviously friendship will be part if not all of the reason; that it takes Ash's appearance all but confirms that by default).

And even if it was a Mega, there would be nothing stopping them from revealing Megas for the other two down the line, seeing as there isn't even an announced game to tie them to yet. Alternatively, the forerunner of a Generation's Starters being the first to get a Mega already happened with Blaziken anyway.

Quote:
I'm not just spout stuff out without having put some thought into it (as you can clearly see) you don't know how my mind works to make statements of why i'm saying something abd what if I hate Pikachu? Doesn't mean that I can't give it good criticism once in a while, but for as long as I can remember anything surrounding that Pukachu is bs, both it's OPness and it's times of weakness and until I see something worth praising that makes sense and doesn't make me question the intelligence of the writers I will keep judging the inconsistencies in this anime and compare them to the games which are the basis of inspiration and are the main source for the series as a whole.
I was referring to the veering away from anime Pikachu to complain about the various bones Pikachu as a species has been thrown over the years but, fair enough, that was a personal attack so I'll apologize for that.

Quote:
Also the statement of me comparing the anime to the games being a bad idea is pretty hypocritical when in this site you go into ANY anime thread and you see the vast majority of people comparing the anime to the source (mostly LN), pretty sure you must have done it at some point (don't deny it), so why can't I compare the anime to the source (the games)? Especially when they are the basis of how that world is structured.
Well, sure. But the anime isn't an adaptation as such; it's its own media set in (theoretically) the same world. There have been stark differences between game and anime since day one. The simple truth is that type advantages are given far less weight than they should in the anime, and judging Pikachu's feats on whether or not what it accomplishes is feasible in the games doesn't really work.

Not to say that this is a good thing, of course. But it is what it is.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 18:20   Link #1105
Chosen_Hero

@Akashin

Look, let's just agree to disagree in somethings ok? I'm not interested in starting a multiple page discussion about something we won't agree with that in the end won't matter, literally have better thing to worry about than replying to you every few minutes.
Old 2015-09-23, 20:58   Link #1106
precita

Ash's team is shaping up good in XY and I'm hoping Goodra makes a return during the league similar to Charizard/Squirtle/Gliscor in past sagas.

I also don't understand why Chosen is complaining so much, XY is a LOT better than BW and every saga has its faults including DP. Its not like DP was devoid of some bad filler, or that Ash's Pokemon evolved way too late (Chimchar didn't even evolve till after the 7th Gym for goodnesss sakes), or some of the pokemon choices weren't done properly like Ash's extremely late capture of Gible for it to not do much, or Dawn's Togekiss.

Every saga of the anime has its good and bad points, the show has always been flawed every series.

As for Serena being shipper bait, yeah I've accepted that, but at least she's not another Iris. Everyone complained about Iris so much in BW that they did the exact opposite with Serena and made her madly in love with Ash instead of Iris who always mocked Ash. Judging by the sheer mass of Serena fanart online I'd say it worked.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 21:46   Link #1107
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post
Ash's team is shaping up good in XY and I'm hoping Goodra makes a return during the league similar to Charizard/Squirtle/Gliscor in past sagas.

I also don't understand why Chosen is complaining so much, XY is a LOT better than BW and every saga has its faults including DP. Its not like DP was devoid of some bad filler, or that Ash's Pokemon evolved way too late (Chimchar didn't even evolve till after the 7th Gym for goodnesss sakes), or some of the pokemon choices weren't done properly like Ash's extremely late capture of Gible for it to not do much, or Dawn's Togekiss.

Every saga of the anime has its good and bad points, the show has always been flawed every series.

As for Serena being shipper bait, yeah I've accepted that, but at least she's not another Iris. Everyone complained about Iris so much in BW that they did the exact opposite with Serena and made her madly in love with Ash instead of Iris who always mocked Ash. Judging by the sheer mass of Serena fanart online I'd say it worked.
First of all his team is the worst he's ever had in any region, it's laughable at best.

Second, I complain because from BW to XY it went from one stupid extreme to another.

Third, as much as I like DPP season I know and admit that it has it's fair share of problems ( a lot of filler [every season has this], misuse of Gible, Satoshi/Ash still releasing/giving away his Pokémon [why is this still a thing?], etc), what i'm praising about DPP season is that it actually had it's main characters feel like they where interesting and were their own characters, Satoshi/Ash had actual growth throughout the season especially when pit against Paul, Dawn grew theough her adventure by actually learning from both Ash and Brock, Brock realized what he could do with his skill and finally decided on what he wanted to be, Paul went from complete a-hole to acceptable a-hole, from every episode (that wasn't a filler) they took away something that actually helped them in their journey, actual strategies were used in battles among many other things.

Post DPP season however they have been so caught up in trying to copy the firsr season that they have made a mess of things in the storyline especially, do you even know/realize the amount of retcon/rewriting going on especially now that they are trying to cram in the legend of Mega evolution and make it seem like it was always there? A lot of the things in this season alone have and will at some point contradict what we've seen from past seasons and all because of their insistence on keeping Satoshi/Ash as the MC when they could have started BW with a new MC and have the story take place in a different timeline/universe (Mega Evolution Universe) that alone would have fixed many of the horrendous decisions made so far in the story.

Fourth, Sure she is better Iris (dirt is better than Iris), but considering that her character is basically defined by Satoshi/Ash she isn't topping any lost for influential female characters anytime soon, I mean her reason for leaving on a journey was to follow a boy that barely remembers her that she met one time in the past and since then she has been stuck pining for him in a one sided crush while she competes in what is basically a barebones contest where cooking, fashion and being moe are the deciding factor for winning.

I mean Misty was useless to a fault during her stay and she has more character than Serena, heck (Oh god I can't believe i'm saying this) I... Ir.... that one girl as dumb and nonsensical as her first world problems were (seriously who runs away from being praised and being chosen to be the a gym leader? Who's the childish one now) it gave her stupid story a bit of levity (I'm about to punch someone for actually writing that), so it boggles my mind when people want female characters to be taken seriously yet they go crazy over moe blobs like Serena.

Either way I will be collecting the shipper tears once XYandZ ends and she gets scouted by that one old lady from her first contest (or whatever the heck the call it here), I will enjoy it to the fullest, I might even go to different sites just to troll when it happens.

I have been watching this series since I was a kid back when it originally released in the west and have been playing the games and have not missed even ine main entry game since Red/Blue, so when I have something to complain about that bothers me I will do it to the fullest backed with as much knowledge as possible and it's not stopping anytime soon, heck this isn't just a post DPP thing, I've had problems with many things over the years, the difference now being the ease of internet access.
Old 2015-09-24, 00:41   Link #1108
elior

Quote:
First of all his team is the worst he's ever had in any region, it's laughable at best.

Second, I complain because from BW to XY it went from one stupid extreme to another.

Third, as much as I like DPP season I know and admit that it has it's fair share of problems ( a lot of filler [every season has this], misuse of Gible, Satoshi/Ash still releasing/giving away his Pokémon [why is this still a thing?], etc), what i'm praising about DPP season is that it actually had it's main characters feel like they where interesting and were their own characters, Satoshi/Ash had actual growth throughout the season especially when pit against Paul, Dawn grew theough her adventure by actually learning from both Ash and Brock, Brock realized what he could do with his skill and finally decided on what he wanted to be, Paul went from complete a-hole to acceptable a-hole, from every episode (that wasn't a filler) they took away something that actually helped them in their journey, actual strategies were used in battles among many other things.

Post DPP season however they have been so caught up in trying to copy the firsr season that they have made a mess of things in the storyline especially, do you even know/realize the amount of retcon/rewriting going on especially now that they are trying to cram in the legend of Mega evolution and make it seem like it was always there? A lot of the things in this season alone have and will at some point contradict what we've seen from past seasons and all because of their insistence on keeping Satoshi/Ash as the MC when they could have started BW with a new MC and have the story take place in a different timeline/universe (Mega Evolution Universe) that alone would have fixed many of the horrendous decisions made so far in the story.

Fourth, Sure she is better Iris (dirt is better than Iris), but considering that her character is basically defined by Satoshi/Ash she isn't topping any lost for influential female characters anytime soon, I mean her reason for leaving on a journey was to follow a boy that barely remembers her that she met one time in the past and since then she has been stuck pining for him in a one sided crush while she competes in what is basically a barebones contest where cooking, fashion and being moe are the deciding factor for winning.

I mean Misty was useless to a fault during her stay and she has more character than Serena, heck (Oh god I can't believe i'm saying this) I... Ir.... that one girl as dumb and nonsensical as her first world problems were (seriously who runs away from being praised and being chosen to be the a gym leader? Who's the childish one now) it gave her stupid story a bit of levity (I'm about to punch someone for actually writing that), so it boggles my mind when people want female characters to be taken seriously yet they go crazy over moe blobs like Serena.

Either way I will be collecting the shipper tears once XYandZ ends and she gets scouted by that one old lady from her first contest (or whatever the heck the call it here), I will enjoy it to the fullest, I might even go to different sites just to troll when it happens.

I have been watching this series since I was a kid back when it originally released in the west and have been playing the games and have not missed even ine main entry game since Red/Blue, so when I have something to complain about that bothers me I will do it to the fullest backed with as much knowledge as possible and it's not stopping anytime soon, heck this isn't just a post DPP thing, I've had problems with many things over the years, the difference now being the ease of internet access.
why ash team in xy is the worst if all of his pokemon has been evolved? is it just becouse that most of them are are only relay on speed?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 04:24   Link #1109
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
why ash team in xy is the worst if all of his pokemon has been evolved? is it just becouse that most of them are are only relay on speed?
A well placed thunder can destroy the whole team, god forbid someone also throws a rock their way, how many birds will that stone kill?

Answer: All of them.

Do them same with a snowball, well there goes half the team, how about Fairies? Goodbye Greninja and Hawlucha, oh wait one of those two took a moonblast head on and treated it like it was resisted and barely had any damage done, well I guess typing ceased to exist in XY.
Old 2015-09-24, 18:34   Link #1110
elior

Quote:
A well placed thunder can destroy the whole team, god forbid someone also throws a rock their way, how many birds will that stone kill?

Answer: All of them.

Do them same with a snowball, well there goes half the team, how about Fairies? Goodbye Greninja and Hawlucha, oh wait one of those two took a moonblast head on and treated it like it was resisted and barely had any damage done, well I guess typing ceased to exist in XY.
i dont remember lot of battles in the anime that the typing was matter at all beside dp
Old 2015-09-26, 04:57   Link #1111
Idealist 99

Other XY&Z scan--

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-09-26, 12:22   Link #1112
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Satoshi's Pokemon are very resilient to electricity, regardless of their types. Throwing thunder at them would just turn them into gold saints.
I'm only half kidding.

I don't know about rocks, though.
Old 2015-09-27, 19:55   Link #1113
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Other XY&Z scan--

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
those scans suggest quite a few interesting things
Spoiler for what the scans suggest:

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 21:53   Link #1114
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I'm looking forward to see a new XY and Z series. I knew that Ash will have Greninja. But I wonder what's with the new look. Its different from the normal and shiny ones.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 15:17   Link #1115
Idealist 99

Well , This will be the animation quality of next episode--

Earring and choker , 2 thing that makes a girl cutter then usual !!!
Old 2015-10-01, 15:46   Link #1116
ImperialFlameGod8190

Maybe its just me but i dont like how they handled the contests for serena so far. Part of it might be how few of them there are but u feel as though u wanted WAY more given how grandiose Dawn's and may's contest situations are.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 18:43   Link #1117
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Maybe its just me but i dont like how they handled the contests for serena so far. Part of it might be how few of them there are but u feel as though u wanted WAY more given how grandiose Dawn's and may's contest situations are.
well it seems the this tripokalon will be much more intresting since by the preview it seems there will be not only quiz but a race as well
Old 2015-10-07, 20:53   Link #1118
Chosen_Hero

^Wow, a race... exhilarating, with the way these tripokalons have been i'm half expecting it to be one of those "find this thing written in the paper" kind of race.

I miss the old contests at least those were fun to watch.

I guess i'm gonna bite the bullet and watch the episodes that released these last few weeks considering that XYandZ will be here soon, if I feel it's a boring filler I'll just skip it.

Also, if anyone wants a Hoopa (i got two off of Wonder Trade) let me know.
Old 2015-10-08, 01:16   Link #1119
elior

Quote:
^Wow, a race... exhilarating, with the way these tripokalons have been i'm half expecting it to be one of those "find this thing written in the paper" kind of race.

I miss the old contests at least those were fun to watch.

I guess i'm gonna bite the bullet and watch the episodes that released these last few weeks considering that XYandZ will be here soon, if I feel it's a boring filler I'll just skip it.

Also, if anyone wants a Hoopa (i got two off of Wonder Trade) let me know.
i think it will be more like answer the quiz and whoever get the answer right first will advance step by step to the end and whoever got the most far will advence to the free preformance
Old 2015-10-08, 08:26   Link #1120
Chosen_Hero

^Boring tripokalon is boring.