AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 22:20   Link #401
ani_d

Hmm...I was first exposed to the manga and for some reason, I dropped it after like--7(?) chapters. I just didn't feel motivated to continue. However, the anime made me love it back and stick with it, actually. I didn't expect Takishima to have Jun Fukuyama's voice and I can appreciate the comedy better in live color and voices. The manga didn't make me laugh At All, the anime did. The members of Special A (even the school president) have more impact here than in the manga in my humble opinion. So I'm going to continue watching this show even if the plot goes outer space haha I'm here for the character interactions and for the laughs.

I must admit though, they changed something in episode 4 (which I'm still trying to comprehend why) since I didn't find anything wrong with it. The way they showed Takishima desperately running to Kei was a complete WTF compared to the manga where

Spoiler for manga:

Also, I find Takishima's father amusing. Imagine a 36 year old father sounding like that and acting like that. I'd videotape his daily life and post it on youtube.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 22:37   Link #402
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
The way they showed Takishima desperately running to Kei was a complete WTF compared to the manga where

Spoiler for manga:
That's close, but a little off.
Spoiler for manga version:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 00:20   Link #403
ani_d

Yes! That's exactly it. ^_^ Why the heck did they change that? :| That's my only peeve in this episode. Maybe they ran out of time. I still think they could've done something better with that scene.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 01:40   Link #404
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, that scene shows that kei is human. i'll bitch all i want about them changing that because it was a very important development scene that they screwed up
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 02:58   Link #405
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Also, I find Takishima's father amusing. Imagine a 36 year old father sounding like that and acting like that. I'd videotape his daily life and post it on youtube.
Well, Ogata-san is 42 this year. A 42 year old mother voicing a 36 year old father who sounds at least 5 years younger...... Somehow, it worked out .
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 09:57   Link #406
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Hmm...I was first exposed to the manga and for some reason, I dropped it after like--7(?) chapters. I just didn't feel motivated to continue. However, the anime made me love it back and stick with it, actually. I didn't expect Takishima to have Jun Fukuyama's voice and I can appreciate the comedy better in live color and voices. The manga didn't make me laugh At All, the anime did. The members of Special A (even the school president) have more impact here than in the manga in my humble opinion. So I'm going to continue watching this show even if the plot goes outer space haha I'm here for the character interactions and for the laughs.

I must admit though, they changed something in episode 4 (which I'm still trying to comprehend why) since I didn't find anything wrong with it. The way they showed Takishima desperately running to Kei was a complete WTF compared to the manga where

Spoiler for manga:

I wish i could laugh about it. I might sound like a person bitter due to the manga reading, but the show has been devoid of laughs. I am someone who laughs easily, and it has been downright disappointing, from design, voice seiyuu assignment and the change of plots that make no sense.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 20:24   Link #407
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

Well, that was rather predictable, and not terribly funny, but I enjoyed it somewhat. A random thought entered my head while watching the dragonfly scene. Something along the lines of: "man, these two would have the most violent sex". They're so competitive and violent, I just can't help but think that evil things would happen between them in the bedroom.

Anyway, that's where I derived my most mirth from in this episode. Takishima continues to be boring except when the script calls for it, so it feels forced when he suddenly 'becomes human'. (At least the show had a certain self-awareness about this, but I really don't think it works all that well when you have one of the leads in a romance series be as robotic as Takishima).

Nonetheless, I don't mind this, and I certainly won't be dropping it. It's not terrible, it's just "meh". I think if it makes certain, minor changes (like the male lead growing a personality and the female lead not having extreme tunnel vision), it could be a lot more enjoyable. I'm not going to discount the possibility that this could eventually get better, because there's no obvious reason why it can't.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 20:33   Link #408
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
A random thought entered my head while watching the dragonfly scene. Something along the lines of: "man, these two would have the most violent sex". They're so competitive and violent, I just can't help but think that evil things would happen between them in the bedroom.
oh my I ... I hadn't ever thought of what their sex life might be like. I don't think I want to think about that because I fear you may be right.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 01:14   Link #409
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... THAT would be interesting --- it'd be like Klingon sex or something; alas not to be animated.
Old 2008-05-03, 05:05   Link #410
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
I wish i could laugh about it. I might sound like a person bitter due to the manga reading, but the show has been devoid of laughs. I am someone who laughs easily, and it has been downright disappointing, from design, voice seiyuu assignment and the change of plots that make no sense.
Well, the drama CD cast was different. Imagine SuzuKen as Kei.

I must point out that the seiyu for Jun and Megumi are newcomers.
Old 2008-05-03, 05:29   Link #411
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Actually.. Kei is only competitive to amuse the girl he loves, he's obviously very "gentle" with her, and I'm sure he'll treat her preciously in the bedroom
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 14:05   Link #412
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

probably they would compete on how much orgasm they could pull off i think that Kei would be defeated
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 14:15   Link #413
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually.. Kei is only competitive to amuse the girl he loves, he's obviously very "gentle" with her, and I'm sure he'll treat her preciously in the bedroom
I beg to differ for Hikari...she would still want to be number 1 (ie "on top of things") which would trigger Kei's "pff...lets see if you can" side.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 16:13   Link #414
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
This is my favroite show for this season

but does the anime follows the manga ??
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 18:41   Link #415
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
This is my favroite show for this season

but does the anime follows the manga ??
I think the best way to find out is to read it .
Old 2008-05-03, 20:43   Link #416
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
oh my I ... I hadn't ever thought of what their sex life might be like. I don't think I want to think about that because I fear you may be right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay... THAT would be interesting --- it'd be like Klingon sex or something; alas not to be animated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
probably they would compete on how much orgasm they could pull off i think that Kei would be defeated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I beg to differ for Hikari...she would still want to be number 1 (ie "on top of things") which would trigger Kei's "pff...lets see if you can" side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
A random thought entered my head while watching the dragonfly scene. Something along the lines of: "man, these two would have the most violent sex". They're so competitive and violent, I just can't help but think that evil things would happen between them in the bedroom.
You're all sickos. You guys need to get your mind out of the gutter.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 20:59   Link #417
Midonin
Last Engage

I find it rather amusing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:25   Link #418
FuzzyWuzzy

K every episode, there will be some one that will say "I hate this anime because it's different from the manga". Let's face it, this anime won't be 100% devoted to the manga every episode. They will make changes every episode. Ok!?!?!

It's not that I hate you guys for saying those things but they are illogical. The statements "it's different so I hate it" is worthless. So what if it's different. It doesn't mean that it's not better. You have to think first. Why is it different? Why did they make it differently? Maybe they are trying to stress some key developmental points, add humor, add romance or emotional scenes, improve emotional bonds, and maybe they are trying to set up something grand in the future episodes.

The statement "if you don't like it then don't watch it is true" for most of you guys. Think about it. The reason you guys hate the anime is because it is different from the manga or it diverges from it. Isn't that correct? If you guys look at your posts, you guys offer no reasons or logical statements other than "the anime sucks because it's different from the manga". By your logic, this anime will never get better. There's no more hope for you guys. The anime has already stepped on a new path that is different from the manga. The more episodes that this anime shows, the more it will be different from the manga and the more you guys will hate it. So there's no point in watching something that you guys hate.

IMHO this anime kicks butt. Of course, I didn't read the manga. I don't read manga in the computer. Reading manga in the computer kind of sucks. Manga is supposed to be read like a book that you hold in your hand.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:37   Link #419
ZODDGUTS

Nah most people are saying it sucks because well it sucks not because it's isn't 100% true to the manga. I can deal with the changes as long it's still good but so far it's been below average the director has done a pretty crappy job with the comedy and the drama in this series.

Pretty damn dissapointing work between GonzoXAIC because I enjoyed their previous shows that they worked together on but this one is just a piss poor attempt by them.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 23:23   Link #420
FuzzyWuzzy

Like I've been saying all along, if you don't like then don't watch it. Some of us do like the anime. We are not here to defend this anime against people that hate it. If you guys don't like it then don't watch it. We don't really care whether you guys put yourselves through the same agonizing torture of watching a show that you hate every week.

What I care about is if you can find it in your heart to relieve us of the details or complaints of your agonizing event that you force yourself to go through every week since some of us are enjoying the story and we don't want any spoilers coming out of pro-manga people.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, school life