Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-17, 16:32   Link #101
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
not IMO.

OK..Lets define the word ego. A person who only thinks of himself.
How can a person who risks his life for others he doesn't even like be an ego?
I'm using the word "ego-trip" in the sense that Sasuke is full of himself and his abilities and for the longest time keeps denying others' abilities. Which is true. He wouldn't wear the leaf headband to fight naruto because he didn't think they were equal. Soon after that when he saw the GIGANTIC whole Rasnegan created comapred to his puny Chidori (in comparison to the Rasnegan) he realized he wasn't all there. I defined Ego-trip as thinking your better then others, so it backs up my point just fine. Like I said, as of now, hes not so full of himself. He's realized in comparison to Naruto hes done nothing.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 16:38   Link #102
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel

He was on a ego-trip when he fought Rock Lee (just as Naruto was, by the way) but apart from that, name one instance where he belittled his opponent and thought he was stronger than him. Hell, he already stated he is weaker than Naruto ("How can I grow that kind of power") and he knew he was no match for Orochimaru. Now, name an instance where Naruto realized he was weaker than someone else. Can't find one? Thought so.

I hate it when people just make a statement without giving any proof whatsoever.
Ir memory serves me on the roof of the hospitol he did NOT acknowledge naruto through his action of not wearing the headband
EDIT: Also, being stubborn and fighting on is alot different from belittling someone else. The question is can you discern between the two? Yes Naruto never realized he was weaker, he stubbornly and stupidly fights on. The outcome being either a third aprty stops the fight or he loses or by luck he wins. Sasuke on the other hand deliberatley belittles others abilities and puts himself on a pedestal.

Quote:
Try to explain to a screwed up kid it has to seek help. I don't think that would go to well.
Ofcourse it would be hard. I never said it would be easy, but at age 12-13 he's no longer a kid.

[quote[
That's true, but every time we saw him after the massacre, he was all alone. Doesn't look like anyone really cared for him. And it's not to suprising you don't try to make friends if you just experienced that kind of trauma. Frankly, I think Leaf should have given some kind of guardian to him (Naruto could have needed one as well.) It's idiotic to let traumatized children live by themselves. You shouldn't be too suprised if they turn out to be psychos.[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for narutos traumatizing life, I already said you cna't comapre, there is no fine line of what could be worse, seeing your family die, and locking yourself away or having no family to see die and not having to lock yourself away in a shell because everyone built a wall around you. The lines blurry. I also agree traumatized children shouldn't be left alone. Like I said though, its a matter of character. In every story (and in life too) there are those who are of weak, and strong character.

Last edited by FearTheMullet; 2004-11-17 at 20:29.
Old 2004-11-17, 16:40   Link #103
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
I'm using the word "ego-trip" in the sense that Sasuke is full of himself and his abilities and for the longest time keeps denying others' abilities. Which is true. He wouldn't wear the leaf headband to fight naruto because he didn't think they were equal. Soon after that when he saw the GIGANTIC whole Rasnegan created comapred to his puny Chidori (in comparison to the Rasnegan) he realized he wasn't all there. I defined Ego-trip as thinking your better then others, so it backs up my point just fine. Like I said, as of now, hes not so full of himself. He's realized in comparison to Naruto hes done nothing.
well in that case I think you shouldn't use the word ego-trip.
Also, does it matters what he thinks? I justify people for what they say and do, not think.
I know he was arrogant, foolish and all when fighting naruto but like I said, He was pretty fucked up psycholigally then.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:00   Link #104
Hideki Keiji

Sasuke was opening up, becomeing 'normal', in a sense up until Itachi made him re-live the worst part of the worst day of his whole life, for 24 hours. Before this happened, he wasn't as focused on revenge, sure, it was his goal, but it was something in the future. Now, Sasuke wants revenge Now, not years down the road, Now.

Spoiler for Manga:

I don't think Sasuke's a bad person, just a little messed up at this point in the anime, courtesy of Itachi. Normally, Sasuke's a different person than he is now, in normal circumstances he'd give up his dreams just to save his teammates.

I honestly can't understand the people that like Itachi but hate Sasuke for being 'evil'.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:35   Link #105
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Sure, but I wouldn't want to hurt the guy because he worked hard to become that fast. I'd be training with him to get better.

To have been loved by your mother and father is better than never having experienced it at all.
You are just a blind fanboy. You WON'T see Sasuke's character how he is supose to be seen. Sasuke cares very much for his friends, he didn't kill Naruto even in his broken state. He didn't kill him because he couldn't kill his friend, his best friend. He NEVER attacked his old comrades, they came after him. He even tried not to fight Naruto at the waterfall, Naruto started the fight. I see no reason why he should feel loyal to the village as a whole. Where were they when his family was killed? What did they do to catch and punish Itachi? Nothing.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:44   Link #106
Anthriel
天使

err ... this thread has no manga tag at the moment. Some of you should probably use spoiler tags, before you spoil the point of the current arc for the anime vievers.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 18:37   Link #107
CyberPunk

this is why i love sasuke. all the emotion he stirs inside of us, whether good or bad, he's the most moving. you don't have to like him or what he's doing, but you have to recognize how great of a character he is for this story to have. i could give a shit how many of you guys actually like him, but i hate when those who dislike him use petty and immature insults. i just don't see what they get out of slamming him.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 19:30   Link #108
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Yeah its not like anyone is hurting Sasuke's feeling by calling him names or insulting him. Even if he were a real person he wouldn't give a damn about you and just say he's on a quest to kill his brother.
Old 2004-11-17, 20:25   Link #109
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
You are just a blind fanboy. You WON'T see Sasuke's character how he is supose to be seen. Sasuke cares very much for his friends, he didn't kill Naruto even in his broken state. He didn't kill him because he couldn't kill his friend, his best friend. He NEVER attacked his old comrades, they came after him. He even tried not to fight Naruto at the waterfall, Naruto started the fight. I see no reason why he should feel loyal to the village as a whole. Where were they when his family was killed? What did they do to catch and punish Itachi? Nothing.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-17, 20:36   Link #110
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Bronwen Stx; 2004-11-17 at 23:19.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 21:09   Link #111
dyslexic

For most of his life Sasuke was more or less perfectly fine except for his obsessive revenge which i think would be normal given his circumstances. It also did not really negatively affect him. When he met his brother again and got tortured was when Sasuke really started losing it. Also that seal Orochimaru gave him is probably adding to Sasuke's difficulty in dealing with his inferiortiy complex that was mentioned. Itachi severely damaged his brother's brain when he used the mangekyou sharingan. It was not normal torture that a very strong person could withstand. He is very lucky that he did not go completely insane after he woke up.
dyslexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 21:10   Link #112
CyberPunk

well jiraiya has been doing some detective work on the akatsuki organization, so there's no doubt he's seen or known something about itachi during his time away from konoha. plus, most of you guys seem to think that jiraiya could totally demolish itachi in a fight, so why hasn't itachi been brought to justice?
Old 2004-11-17, 21:52   Link #113
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
well jiraiya has been doing some detective work on the akatsuki organization, so there's no doubt he's seen or known something about itachi during his time away from konoha. plus, most of you guys seem to think that jiraiya could totally demolish itachi in a fight, so why hasn't itachi been brought to justice?
Even if and I say IF (I'm not going to go into Jeraiya vs Itachi because I don't care) Jeraiya can beat Itachi's ass to the ground...did you forget the other 8 Akatsuki members? Or Itachi's partner? Jeraiya might be a Sannin but that doesn't mean with a flick of his wrist he can kill Itachi, it's not that easy...
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 22:13   Link #114
Shrimpusmaximus

Spoiler:

Anyway I am sure I left out a few points but damn, come on people hasn't the whole brothers warped by individual viewpoints thing stuck in anyones heads....

PS I like sasuke as a villian as villians/ruthless people are far more interesting. Hisoka from hunter x hunter anyone? Now there is a screwed up family dynamic.

Last edited by Shrimpusmaximus; 2004-11-18 at 00:21.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 22:20   Link #115
CyberPunk

i'm totally against jiraiya beating itachi, it would be terrible for the story and ruin the dynamic of sasuke being the only one who can, but i'm arguing for the sake of arguing. :P. jiraiya knows they move in groups of two, i believe he's the one that said that to kakashi. itachi said, which might have been him just being the cautious super ninja, that in the best situation, him and his partner would be taken down in the fight to beat jiraiya. if konoha was serious, a jounin or two plus an anbu squad would be sent to aid jiraiya in taking down itachi. i mean, how could itachi and kisame possibly win that fight? i'm just trying to figure out, through discussion and speculation, why itachi is still a free man.
Old 2004-11-17, 22:36   Link #116
Zek
Eyebrows...

This is NOT a Manga thread, no spoilers outside tags. I suggest you tag a hefty portion of that post before a mod notices it Shrimp.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote