Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 18:09   Link #81
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
Athrun wanted to save his people (Coordinators) from the discriminate Earth Alliances (more specifically Blue Cosmos), he didn't want anyone else to lose their life like his mother, Lenore Zala (nobody ever mentions her name =/).

Kira wanted to save his friends initially. He is deeply touched his friends supported him, even if they were naturals and he was a coordinator. They stuck by him, sharing his pain. True, Athrun was a good friend too, but his friends on the Archangel can't defend themselves. If he didn't protect them, they would've died (Remember how sad Kira was when Tolle died? Imagine that x 4) He probably didn't have a good perspective of ZAFT either, breaking into a neutral colony to harm innocents inorder for them to Hijack killing machines, which was going to be used to hurt more innocent people.

I think Kira saw Athrun's reason to fight in ZAFT, but they were fighting out of revenge, out of rage. They're intent was to kill, not to save (like Patrick Zala). This is what Athrun questions himself later in the series too.

And the most important reason, Fllay. If not for the crew, for her. For sex, love, or whatever magical power Fllay had over Kira. His desires in life is to protect her, be it killing his former friends or not.

He wanted to stay on the Archangel because his friends were there. He was almost ready to leave and pack his bags. Lucky he didn't, because that escape pod was destroyed =/ Also, his mission was to guide the Archangel to Alaska, because he grew attached to the AA crew by then as well.

Sorry for the double post, my computer errored.

Asuran fought for the same reasons Kira did, he wanted to protect his friends and loved ones. He lost his mother in a cold blooded attack by the naturals. His people did nothing to deserve this, so he fought to prevent something like this from happening again. He didn't fight for revenge.

Zaft had every reason to fight back, thousands of their people were murdered. They could have rained nukes down on earth but chose not too, they could have killed every natural but didn't, instead they made it to where neither side could use nukes. Zaft gave the naturals a fighting chance. The naturals then start making super weapons on a neutral colony that will be used to kill hundreds of coordinators. They broke the neutral agreement not Zaft. That colony knew what they were doing, it's their own fault they were attacked.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 18:48   Link #82
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
My point isn't about Athrun's view, it's Patrick Zala's view. As you can see in Destiny Episode 6, I don't think smashing Junius 7 into Earth is... "Protecting themselves".
Old 2004-11-24, 20:01   Link #83
Char_Amuro

Char Aznabel, Amuro Ray, Camille Vidan, Appoli, & Roberto.
Char_Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 23:16   Link #84
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
My point isn't about Athrun's view, it's Patrick Zala's view. As you can see in Destiny Episode 6, I don't think smashing Junius 7 into Earth is... "Protecting themselves".
That isn't Zaft, that's a few coordinators that took it to extemes. If you didn't notice Zaft as a whole did not agree with Patrick Zala. Asuran did not agree with his father either.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 23:40   Link #85
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Patrick Zala was head chairman for a good half of Seed, and even before he was a highly influential political figure. And after Athrun realized his father's wrongs he quit ZAFT himself, so that means he doesn't affect ZAFT as a whole?
Old 2004-11-25, 08:56   Link #86
Zetrio
The Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
He could bear the thought of Asuran being killed by them though? He was willing to choose one friend over another, they chose to stay and fight why didn't he do the same as he did with Asuran and refuse to take sides. At first Kira's reason was reasonable, he felt he had to protect them from a war they were forced into, but after they chose to stay he chose to stay on their side. He said he didn't want to fight, he didn't want to fight Asuran, that he was only fighting to protect them because they didn't chose to be there and couldn't leave, if not for that he wouldn't be fighting. Asuran wanted him to fight with him, so they wouldn't not have to fight but Kira rufused, they wanted Kira to fight with them and he did. Kira betrayed Asuran there, he could have left them the same as he did Asuran, saying he doesn't want to fight, that they can fight but he doesn't want to fight his friend.
Dude even if Asuran dont fight, ZAft wont necessary lose. But if Kira dont fight for natural, they will surely lose and all of them die off...depends on lta fraga..lol
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 13:00   Link #87
Jianhan

Girubaato!!!!!!
Rey!
Shin!

so shi te

Asuran<-- Sorry Asuran but I dislike your clothes in GSD
Jianhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 23:48   Link #88
Demon-Hunter

For the GS series:

Flay

(flame away)

as for GSD

Ysak
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 06:21   Link #89
Kurosaki Ichigo

Cagalli, Kira, Athrun, Rey, Neo, Lunamaria
Kurosaki Ichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 13:51   Link #90
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Cagalli, Kira, Athrun, Rey, Neo, Lunamaria
the title says: "best character" therefore choose which character u like MOST
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 14:46   Link #91
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Talking down to the bone, it would have to be Shiro Amada. He's one of the characters that felt most human and I felt there and cared when he went through with his ordeals.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 14:50   Link #92
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Patrick Zala was head chairman for a good half of Seed, and even before he was a highly influential political figure. And after Athrun realized his father's wrongs he quit ZAFT himself, so that means he doesn't affect ZAFT as a whole?
well, then the Clyne faction started a military coup and overthrew the Zala faction. As the terrorists have said, the current PLANT and ZAFT are lead by Clyne's ideals. If you mean the ZAFT back in the war when lead by Patrick Zala, then yes back in the all out war both sides were out to wipe each other off the face of existence. I think we shouldn't mix up the ZAFT back in the war lead by Zala's ideals and the current ZAFT in Destiny lead by Clyne's ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetrio
Dude even if Asuran dont fight, ZAft wont necessary lose. But if Kira dont fight for natural, they will surely lose and all of them die off...depends on lta fraga..lol
err... if Athrun didn't fight in Jachin Due, no one will be able to self-explode inside the GENESIS, and Naturals on Earth will be wiped out...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 14:54   Link #93
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Then shouldn't Athrun be a hero to both Earth and PLANT? Or EA simply doesn't recognize the third faction involved in the final battle?
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:04   Link #94
Asuka Shinn
Leng Jai

SEED/Destiny - Shinn

Wing - Trowa

and that's all the gundams i've seen
Asuka Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 21:13   Link #95
Strike
Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, then the Clyne faction started a military coup and overthrew the Zala faction. As the terrorists have said, the current PLANT and ZAFT are lead by Clyne's ideals. If you mean the ZAFT back in the war when lead by Patrick Zala, then yes back in the all out war both sides were out to wipe each other off the face of existence. I think we shouldn't mix up the ZAFT back in the war lead by Zala's ideals and the current ZAFT in Destiny lead by Clyne's ideals.

err... if Athrun didn't fight in Jachin Due, no one will be able to self-explode inside the GENESIS, and Naturals on Earth will be wiped out...
not only the naturals but coordinators too, since there are also zaft territory on earth as well, and let not forget about orb, orb also contain coordinators

but yea if atherun wasnt there,there wouldnt be a gsd rite now

well unless they plot it in space LOL!!!
Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 18:53   Link #96
Madell

Kira Yamato, the best berserk
Mwu La Flaga, he's very cool
Rau Le Kleuze, i like the way he thinks :P
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:23   Link #97
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
I agree with Madell
I like Kira because hes not quite the whiny hero sorta like shinji from Evangelion, Kira actually has some direction to why he fights
And i Like Mwu and Rau because they micromanage the weapons system of their Weapons platform
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 21:36   Link #98
Kaede-chan

Fave Char.
Kira
Athrun
Kaede-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 21:47   Link #99
vblaze101

Well, if by "best" you mean the most well developed, endearing, captivating, ect..........I'd have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt, Char Aznable, aka Quattro Bajeena, aka Casval Deikun. The man has so many levels.......there just aren't any Gundam characters that even come close to him. But meh, as for my personal favorites: Char (of course), Heero Yui, Trowa Barton, Garrod Ran, Kamille Bidan, Shin Asuka, and Gilbert Dullindal.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 23:31   Link #100
Android raptor

Well, I bet everyone can see this from a mile away, but, GHINIUS!
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote