AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-29, 11:13   Link #181
wao
OK.

So, I understand your point is that Fllay was not beneficial to Kira because she became a so-called emotional attachment to him that would cause him to find ad-hoc relief in her (which was in the long run not beneficial) and become deluded (in a minor way) and thus find it very hard to break up with her and thus get all emotional....

In comparison to Lacus who provided a long-run support and did not engage in the sort of attached love that Fllay had (i.e. they could deal with it when apart from each other, sort of thing)...

I may agree that it's at least somewhat Fllay's fault that Kira has such an attachment to her (that was not beneficial to him as the more you love someone in the way they did, the harder it is to break up) seeing how she made the moves on him and I think she was very well aware that Kira would become attached to her with that, and she did it with that in mind, even if ultimately it's Kira's will as to whether he should be attached to her or not...

But then, isn't this sort of thing natural in life? It certainly makes for a more... I shan't say realistic, but rather, more harsh plot (as in... it doesn't shy away from the shit that can happen in life, not everything is peachy)...
In real life you don't always engage in relationships that are good for you, and most of the time you don't realise what relationships are good for you or not. As an observer we can see in general what happened to Kira and so on, so it's easy for us to judge, but I don't think he could have realised it - heck, I doubt he had time to think about it, at the rate things were going!

Perhaps if Fllay didn't die and Kira got to stay with her afterwards, we could see through her interactions with Kira, if her character has truly changed or not. Actually, that would have been kind of interesting. I wonder what she felt throughout her happy trip with Cruz...

Anyway, I do also remember that Kira at least "sort-of" broke off ties with Fllay and managed nto to go mad when she was kidnapped and what not. I think he wasn't OBSESSED with her, and it's good he managed to get on without her, but in the end he was still attached enough to be very moved when she died.

Though it also may be that his attachment to her has already died down, but because of his emotions being highly stirred up due to the battles (hormones, people, hormones), and the angst factor, as well as the fact that he can be a rather dramatic/heroic sort of person, he couldn't help but go beserk over the fact that someone he knew and he remembered liking, died.
Old 2004-11-29, 11:14   Link #182
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
okay, we have a misunderstanding here, and I'll admit it's my mistake on that part, I didn't mean that shuttle in the last episode, maybe I should say escape pod, Kira was crazy when he couldn't get Fllay's pod and let EA took it.

And trying to make others look bad or calling others smart ass doesn't help your argument. if you think you know the original line better than others, then post the original here for others to see. Else you should just admit that you made a mistake. Everyone make mistakes. and I'll kindly remind you that flaming is not allowed in animesuki forum
I'm sorry to say, but if you think that that is my attempt to flame you, then you obviously haven't seen me flame someone. This is merely a normal conversation to me, and I'm sorry you took it that way. With that said, I won't say any more on the subject.

But yes, I figured you were talking about when Fllay got off'd by Klueze, my mistake.

Godtype - that's the funniest thing I've read on this entire thread.

wao - very well said, I applaud you.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:17   Link #183
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
I'm sorry to say, but if you think that that is my attempt to flame you, then you obviously haven't seen me flame someone. This is merely a normal conversation to me, and I'm sorry you took it that way. With that said, I won't say any more on the subject.
well, I'd rather you enlighten us with the original line, instead of keeping us in the dark from the truth of the original line that you have seen in SEED, as that's not a good thing is it?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:19   Link #184
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
well, I'd rather you enlighten us with the original line, instead of keeping us in the dark from the truth of the original line that you have seen in SEED
I did say the original line. He said they "shouldn't be".
Old 2004-11-29, 11:25   Link #185
dreamless

Quote:
I did say the original line. He said they "shouldn't be".
well, the original line was much longer than two words, he said "maybe... we shouldn't... maybe... we were wrong..." anyway that still doesn't count as him dumping Fllay...
Old 2004-11-29, 11:27   Link #186
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
well, the original line was much longer than two words, he said "maybe... we shouldn't... maybe... we were wrong..." anyway that still doesn't count as him dumping Fllay...
Well if you want the full line then no, I can't help you there and I'm not feeling active enough to go and get it. I just remember the words I loved the most and it keep it in my fond memories. In case it isn't obvious, I'm a rabid KiraxLacus fan, so my opinion of Fllay is biased.
Old 2004-11-29, 11:34   Link #187
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Kira loved Fllay. Fllay loved Kira. Kira cares about Lucas. Lucas loves Kira. I never seen Kira show love for Lucas.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:45   Link #188
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Kira loved Fllay. Fllay loved Kira. Kira cares about Lucas. Lucas loves Kira. I never seen Kira show love for Lucas.
I'm sorry, I know you mean Lacus with your typos, but I'm just laughing my ass off imagining some dude name Lucas. But anyway I think it was way too soon for Kira to just jump into another relationship. Lacus does care for Kira alot, but Kira didn't seem too ready to jump into another relationship. In the last SEED special (on DVD only, and you CAN quote me on this, dreamless ) she literally does say "I want to be with you" and she leans her head onto him as the float around in his room. It was a very cute scene IMO.
Old 2004-11-29, 11:58   Link #189
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
In the last SEED special (on DVD only, and you CAN quote me on this, dreamless ) she literally does say "I want to be with you" and she leans her head onto him as the float around in his room. It was a very cute scene IMO.
Yeah, Lacus only seems to reveal her true feelings in front of Kira... Like that scene where she cries about his father's death and that scene in the Special where she talks about her mother and utters those lines... Obviously she loves Kira.

But as for Kira... I'll go with what Fukuda said that he never really fell in love with anyone. He was in that relationship with Flay, but his mental state was not very right at that time, and I think he only used her for mental comfort and to ease his guilt of not being able to protect that civilian shuttle... Not to mention that he was seduced by Flay. He did have a crush on her before, but it was just a crush.
Old 2004-11-29, 12:14   Link #190
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
But as for Kira... I'll go with what Fukuda said that he never really fell in love with anyone. He was in that relationship with Flay, but his mental state was not very right at that time, and I think he only used her for mental comfort and to ease his guilt of not being able to protect that civilian shuttle... Not to mention that he was seduced by Flay. He did have a crush on her before, but it was just a crush.
The whole Fukuda interview is highly debated by fans, and not everyone thinks that what he said actually went hand in hand with what was actually aired, me being one of them. Or maybe the whole interview was just translated weird. Not only that, most of the official artworks in the books seem to say otherwise about Kira and Lacus. Either way I'm not expecting or wanting Kira to just jump into the sack with Lacus after Fllay's death so soon. I'd frankly be suprised as hell if they hooked up before Destiny started.
Old 2004-11-29, 12:30   Link #191
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Not only that, most of the official artworks in the books seem to say otherwise about Kira and Lacus.
Perhaps you should take a look at the Special Edition 3 DVD booklet then. It explicitly states the fact that Kira X Lacus is a one way thing (Lacus->Kira and not the other way around).

And as for the Fukuda interview posted on Gunota, it was taken out of context, so a lot of things don't make much sense. But that isn't Fukuda's only interview you know.
Old 2004-11-29, 12:37   Link #192
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Perhaps you should take a look at the Special Edition 3 DVD booklet then. It explicitly states the fact that Kira X Lacus is a one way thing (Lacus->Kira and not the other way around).

And as for the Fukuda interview posted on Gunota, it was taken out of context, so a lot of things don't make much sense. But that isn't Fukuda's only interview you know.
Oh I've read the whole thing, not just what Gunota posted. And yeah, I've seen the cover for the DVD, I even made an icon from it since I think it's great artwork. But like I said, most of the artwork seems to indicate it, IE the "Sweet Pea Innocence" image in the 2004 calender that is very cute, and the infamous "two inches away from kissing" picture that is also cute. The number of official images of the two outweighs the number of Kira/Fllay images also. If it's not an image insinuating canon, it's just them being around each other.
Old 2004-11-29, 12:53   Link #193
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
And yeah, I've seen the cover for the DVD, I even made an icon from it since I think it's great artwork.
No, not the cover... There's a relationship chart in the booklet with most of the relationships between characters of SEED listed... And specifically, Lacus "likes" Kira, but the reverse is not stated (unlike for Athrun and Cagalli where its "liking").

As for the artwork matter, they really don't indicate anything... It's like Heero X Relena in Gundam Wing... They are drawn together a lot too, but according to Wing creators, there's no love between them either. And Amuro X Lalah. They are Newtype "partners" but that doesn't indicate any romance.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:08   Link #194
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
No, not the cover... There's a relationship chart in the booklet with most of the relationships between characters of SEED listed... And specifically, Lacus "likes" Kira, but the reverse is not stated (unlike for Athrun and Cagalli where its "liking").

As for the artwork matter, they really don't indicate anything... It's like Heero X Relena in Gundam Wing... They are drawn together a lot too, but according to Wing creators, there's no love between them either. And Amuro X Lalah. They are Newtype "partners" but that doesn't indicate any romance.
The Wing creators also wouldn't say if the 5 boys were straight or not, so I'm not even gonna touch that. And if I remember correctly you stated it was the third DVD? The timeline booklets usually only cover up to whatever episode it is accompanied with, so I'm suprised that it even says Lacus "likes him". Lacus didn't really seem to be full blown in love with him until almost the very end of the series. Sorry, I misread what you had said, since I've been awake like 27 hours now.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:17   Link #195
dreamless

Quote:
The Wing creators also wouldn't say if the 5 boys were straight or not, so I'm not even gonna touch that. And if I remember correctly you stated it was the third DVD? The timeline booklets usually only cover up to whatever episode it is accompanied with, so I'm suprised that it even says Lacus "likes him". Lacus didn't really seem to be full blown in love with him until almost the very end of the series. Sorry, I misread what you had said, since I've been awake like 27 hours now.
It's the Special Edition 3 DVD, the last of the three-part Gundam SEED SE, 鳴動の宇宙 , so yup it indeed contains the very end of the series. And yup in that official relationship chart it shows it's only an one-way liking from Lacus to Kira, with no return arrow from Kira to Lacus.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I know you mean Lacus with your typos, but I'm just laughing my ass off imagining some dude name Lucas. But anyway I think it was way too soon for Kira to just jump into another relationship. Lacus does care for Kira alot, but Kira didn't seem too ready to jump into another relationship. In the last SEED special (on DVD only, and you CAN quote me on this, dreamless ) she literally does say "I want to be with you" and she leans her head onto him as the float around in his room. It was a very cute scene IMO.
I can quote you on what?
Old 2004-11-29, 13:21   Link #196
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
It's the Special Edition 3 DVD, the last of the three-part Gundam SEED SE, 鳴動の宇宙 , so yup it indeed contains the very end of the series. And yup in that official relationship chart it shows it's only an one-way liking from Lacus to Kira, with no return arrow from Kira to Lacus.
Well I'll be damned. Guess I'll just have to wait for their relationship to literally be canon in Destiny then.

Quote:
I can quote you on what?
Oh nothing, you just seem to have a facination with having the actual quote from the series.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:47   Link #197
dreamless

Quote:
Oh nothing, you just seem to have a facination with having the actual quote from the series.
lol, seems someone has a grudge
Old 2004-11-29, 13:49   Link #198
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
lol, seems someone has a grudge
Again, this is just normal conversation for me. You just seemed very persistant in quotes, so I figured I'd save you the trouble of asking. Sorry again if you're taking it the wrong way.
Old 2004-12-01, 07:12   Link #199
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
Flay is the most complete and well made character hands down. the others were so predictable. We already knew the mentality of both MWU and pretty much every other crew member of the Archangel.

I pretty much believe that whoever calls Flay a "bitch" either is too immature to understand her nature or just didn't pay attenttion at all.

Think about it for a second, the person she loved most and she was most dependant on was her father. And she sees this same person die with her own eyes. The NATURALLY she would be shocked and would want to get revenge. She also realised that kira was the only one would could make the Coordinators pay. If u were her guys, u would want the same thing so don't even start with the "too goodie for u" attittude ok?

Next she also realised that Kira was too weak to carry out this thing on his own and he needed emotional support. And she GAVE him that. She wasn't propting Kira to fight, nor she want prompting him to go into a homocidal rage.... Kira WAS going to fight, BUT w/o her emotional support there was NO way kira would survive past 14 GS. THINK ABOUT IT guys. Don't just go "bitch bitch bitch" because she had sex with him. Uncounciously she loved kira, even from the start. it took her a while though to understand that. Thats another reason why u should not call her a "bitch".

Really, for most of u forumers here with a few exceptions ur age must be like 12.

Hey, someone else who thinks the same way (roughly). I totally agree with you demon hunter.

IMO, Fllay was the ONLY well-developed character in the entire series. She went through the most character development of ALL the characters, matured from a bratty prom queen to a manipulative women (aren't they all? -_-) and then finally became a mature adult.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 07:47   Link #200
wao
OK.

But even thoguh she's well-developed and important and interesting to the plot and even possibly one of the defining moments of the series (gawd, if ElvenPath saw me write that... never mind)...

I still hate her! Bleah!

I decide that because if I ever had to deal with a person like her in real life I would get very pissed off very quickly. And in real life, plot and character development are irrelevent. Bah. I must be sounding like a broken record by now.

For all the Fllays that die though, there will be more born somewhere else so whats the point of worrying...