AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 11:30   Link #21
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

So Metroid Prime doesn't count just because it's flashy? You still can't say that it is kiddy.
Sure, their other games may look kiddy, but try to give it to a kid, and we'll see how far he gets.
And Pokemon is kiddy all-around, but we know that. Besides, kiddy or not, almost everyone has played it, eh? :P Most liked it as well.
Quote:
So, anyone want to buy a purple Gamecube, or maybe a Toybox?
That's a lame arguement, since you can choose your color.
Quote:
I'm only getting the PSP if they retain the "UMD shuriken" feature for the North American release.
LOL!
Quote:
by any chancee do you also think a game called "Lufia" would rise in that platform..
You mean ON that platform. (you made that typo twice)

I don't think so, since all Lufia games have come out for Nintendo consoles.
I'm not holding my breath either, since the last Lufia game was developed by Taito, and wasn't too good.

Last edited by Benoit; 2004-12-19 at 15:37.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 11:37   Link #22
SlugZilla
woofles

If you think playing the PSP out in public will make you seem less "kiddy", think again.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 12:07   Link #23
Ending

Gaming itself is not kiddy; playing games that look and sound like something that has been snatched from Looney Tunes is. Sony has been known for attracting more mature-themed games, thus PSP is a better choise IMO.

Quote:
That's a lame arguement, since you can choose your color.
Yes, today, but purple was the first colour they chose for it. True, Metroid Prime is generally taken for all ages, but if you compare it to Metroid 3 and you will notice that it lacks that dark, mature athmosphere. Now, even the corpses in MP look like they have just sat down and taken a break even if the log-book says that someone has just speared them against a wall and ripped to half. Bleh, I say.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 13:29   Link #24
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Gaming itself is not kiddy; playing games that look and sound like something that has been snatched from Looney Tunes is. Sony has been known for attracting more mature-themed games, thus PSP is a better choise IMO.
Playing a game itself is "kiddy." People play games to have fun, who the hell cares what it looks like? u want to feel "mature" go read a book.
i mean honestly do u think if u open up a Mature rated game sit down and play it for hours that people would go "wow that guy is so mature."
do the games look "kiddy"? OF COURSE! It's to attract little kids! Make a kid really into a game, and yrs later that kid will keep buying games from that company! Especially when a port comes out. Look how well the new pokemon game sold, and im betting most of the buyers were about 16~20 yrs old who wanted to play the game they played when they were 12. you think mario 64 DS looks "mature" hell no, but look how well it sold. again, im guessing majority of the buyers are ppl who played it back in 95.
Nintendo hits a bigger audience than sony does. nintendo games arent "mature" as u say, but it's fun. I still love Mario and Kirby, probably the most "kiddy" looking game. (kirby)
maybe u think im being biased towards nintendo, but the only nintendo system i ever owned were: Snes, DS, GBA, and Gameboy. I had a GC for a while till i decided i really didnt like that system. i own a PS2 tho.

ppl who like to say "nintendo is kiddy! sony and microsoft is a mature games!" are just afraid of other people making fun of them. They're just trying to be "cool"-nerds. Like i said before, playing any game itself isnt going to make u look mature. (in fact, same goes with anime and manga) just becuz u play GTA doesnt change the fact that ure 30 yrs old and playing games on ur free time. (just an example)

oh yea, Sony is also known for messing up hardware.
and Nintendo is known for always beating out other companies in handhelds.

Who wants a handheld that only runs for like 6 hrs max? Id get a PSP, but only to get Makkai Wars and other RPGs.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 14:27   Link #25
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshefied
n ds looks bulky, i played with it and im still not convince though, I would preferr Psp more, since well... well you'll see.. harhar..
...GREAT explination....-_-;;; both are decent, only one added useless features and one added interesting features...it's up to the end user, graphics and no battery, or new gameplay features....or for ppl like you, you choose whichever one you are a fanboy of...
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 15:41   Link #26
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Sony has been known for attracting more mature-themed games, thus PSP is a better choise IMO.
Why care? As long as it's fun. I prefer to play a fun 'kiddy' game than a lame adult one.
Scared to be laughed at by your friends?
Quote:
Yes, today, but purple was the first colour they chose for it.
OK, but I still find it silly that people have certain ideas about certain colours.
"Oh, look, it's purple, it must be gay!"
"Look, pink! GIRLY!"
Bah.
Quote:
True, Metroid Prime is generally taken for all ages, but if you compare it to Metroid 3 and you will notice that it lacks that dark, mature athmosphere.
So because a game isn't dark means that it's kiddy? Give me a break...
Quote:
Now, even the corpses in MP look like they have just sat down and taken a break even if the log-book says that someone has just speared them against a wall and ripped to half. Bleh, I say.
Not all games have to be Resident Evil, you know.
Old 2004-12-19, 16:56   Link #27
Shift_

Okay, dude HAVE you ever even BEEN in a real fight? Have you made people bleed? HAVE YOU SEEN shit like that in real life?

Until you have done that, you arn't a man, because your life isn't 'mature' enough kiddy...
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 17:22   Link #28
GG_Luna128
Far, far away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Okay, dude HAVE you ever even BEEN in a real fight? Have you made people bleed? HAVE YOU SEEN shit like that in real life?

Until you have done that, you arn't a man, because your life isn't 'mature' enough kiddy...
You also must burn a McDonalds store and play Strip Poker with three mature women (min 45 y.o.) .
GG_Luna128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 17:51   Link #29
Ending

Seems like it's useless to talk to you people; I was speaking about my opinions and if you cannot accept them, THEN DON'T. Go away, play something, have a fight, become a man/woman/alien or whatever.
Old 2004-12-19, 20:46   Link #30
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_

Rather immature outlook on life....are you REALLY 20? You sound more like a 13 year old kiddie on the net that likes to act like he's older than everyone else and "explain life" to everyone....
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:06   Link #31
arias

Funny, I always thought people who resorted to violence were childish.

Oh no, that's only in real life, and not in the movies.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:23   Link #32
testike

my vote goes for PSP
testike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 06:58   Link #33
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
Rather immature outlook on life....are you REALLY 20? You sound more like a 13 year old kiddie on the net that likes to act like he's older than everyone else and "explain life" to everyone....
I think it was sarcasm, really.

Seems most people who favor the PSP are fanboys, blind to facts, or want to be 'cool'.
The truth is rather different:
http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/000074.html
Old 2004-12-20, 10:31   Link #34
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
I think it was sarcasm, really.

Seems most people who favor the PSP are fanboys, blind to facts, or want to be 'cool'.
The truth is rather different:
http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/000074.html

No the truth is people have favorites. But when some ones favorite isn't nintendo then "people" such as yourself get on them for not siding with you.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 12:13   Link #35
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Seems like it's useless to talk to you people; I was speaking about my opinions and if you cannot accept them, THEN DON'T. Go away, play something, have a fight, become a man/woman/alien or whatever.
ur opinion is basically: "DS is immature, PSP is mature."
Yea, i dont think ppl like that.
and we're saying y ur opinion is just based on fan-boism.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 13:36   Link #36
Ending

Do not place words to my mouth that I haven't said. End of discussion.
Old 2004-12-20, 14:02   Link #37
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
No the truth is people have favorites. But when some ones favorite isn't nintendo then "people" such as yourself get on them for not siding with you.
I see that the PSP fanboy/anti-DS fanboy has reached this thread.
Now it'll be just flames...
Old 2004-12-20, 14:17   Link #38
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
You obviously missed my point completely.

I was stating, I play games for fun.

Having realistic gore and shit doesn't make games fun.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 16:29   Link #39
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
omg I love this threads

Quote:
@ Benoit

Why shouldn't I think they are a kiddy-kiddy company? Super Mario Sunshine was practically sugar-coated, Metroid Prime was made more flashy to appease younger gamers, the Wind Waker... Pfeh, do I even need to mention? Then there are, of course, those Paper Mario and Pokemon series that put the equal mark between "Nintendo" and "For Children" for sure -and it has been there for years.

So, anyone want to buy a purple Gamecube, or maybe a Toybox?
LOL, I cant believe you are serious, MP was flashy to appeal to younger gamers!? you definately have a huge issue with Nintendo. I cant wait to hear you also claiming that RE4 is also kiddie, or Eternal Darkness...

Anyway... Racheal it really depends on the games, look at them and see if they appeal to you, and of course you must first try the DS, its easy to be esceptical about the touchscreen, bu try it and see how most people have nothing but praises to the system since its just plain fun. There is no need to try the psp, is a GBA with analog control and better graphics. And also remember if you really are going to use it as a portable, because if it seems you'll most likely be playing the handheld at home then it would be wiser to buy a gaming console or just more games if you already have one.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 22:08   Link #40
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

I have a few questions, please help me out. I'm thinking of buying a PSP for my little brother, but I need to know some things. How bad is the battery life? Is it backwards compatible?
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote