AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-10-13, 15:23   Link #41
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm not sure if Toshiba changed their ways much, but I'd say that Vista is the problem in and of itself. Toshiba included a number of their own utilities that I found to be quite useful. Their power utility was incredible, as it allowed you to roughly adjust the clockrate of your processor, which led to massive battery saving. You could even adjust the "aggressiveness" of the fan.
Old 2007-10-13, 23:02   Link #42
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Vista does use quite a bit of resources, but that's mainly because of Aero. Turned off, it consumes at near XP levels and manages it much better in the process. And since last week, I haven't had a problem with Vista yet and I've been tweaking everything possible. The stability has really improved from when it was first released.

Toshiba still has the power utility, but now it's integrated into Vista's Advanced Power Settings, which is, for lack of a better word, very powerful. You can adjust CPU fanspeed, CPU power management and throttling, there's even a power saving mode for the wifi adapter. On a 4 cell battery, I average around 2.40 hours surfing. My last notebook (Dell 700m, 4 cell) couldn't last two.

The funny thing is though, that is the only Toshiba utility left on my notebook (out of 8 that was pre-installed ^^; )
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote