Notices

Old 2014-06-02, 06:39   Link #1821
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As for DYRL and Comet, AMT is working on stuff
It truly takes half a year for one chapter - so maybe Comet won't be finished for the next few years?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 23:38   Link #1822
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"Listen, kid!" Makabe could not distinguish the different between Major's voice with the howling wind. "Fuck up your pride! Var is about survivink, not being a knight. Patriotism is a myth. Your country is ran by people vho don't give a shpit about you. Ze important thing is their salary, their position, their pride."

From wispered like a death one, Theodore suddenly yelled:

"AND ESHPECIALLY YOUR MATES! I've seen countless brats like you. Saving that French blue-blood today, do you think that is for ze best? Vhat if she died another day? Don't get yourself attached to anything, kid. Especially voman, ze blonde type."

He spoke like a drunken German. Little rythym, but words were nails to your ears. There was a life behind it.

"Life is as empty as this bottle. In the end, all die." Glass shattered into million when it met the ground. Major Theodore took a particular big pieces and crushed it in his palm. Blood bleed between fingers.

"Then, why are you still keep fighting?"

"Vodka! The best whore to indulge yourself in."

Who know which it more bitter: This forsaken drink, or his word?

"Oh, and one more thing. If someone advice you to add TSF fuel to alcohol, cut that bitch's tounge."

"... Then what I've been driking?"

"One part etanol, five part alcohol. Not that they are much different."
Trying to expand Adoration. Any crtic?
Old 2014-06-04, 17:31   Link #1823
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Now that's some funny shit right there. So funny yet so true of that world's short-sightedness. The part about mixing fuel and alcohol, funny as hell.
Old 2014-06-17, 05:15   Link #1824
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For the heck of it, I have a one-shot TE fanfic, entitled Finding Each Other. Yes, ye gods, I've written something new.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 08:51   Link #1825
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
For the heck of it, I have a one-shot TE fanfic, entitled Finding Each Other. Yes, ye gods, I've written something new.
Nice!. I'm getting Top Gun vibes.
Old 2014-06-17, 20:35   Link #1826
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Nice!. I'm getting Top Gun vibes.
Thanks, glad you liked it!

Just a silly little thing, but I daresay it's better than at least 80% of all Muv-Luv fanfiction out there.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-06-17, 23:52   Link #1827
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Thanks, glad you liked it!

Just a silly little thing, but I daresay it's better than at least 80% of all Muv-Luv fanfiction out there.
Pretty good, please continue if you are willing. Your works and those of sasahara and Alastor are the only ones i've ever bothered to read.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 05:32   Link #1828
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Pretty good, please continue if you are willing. Your works and those of sasahara and Alastor are the only ones i've ever bothered to read.
Thanks for the praise!

I've got a couple of potential ideas I want to follow up - either expanding Finding Each Other's verse, or my other option: Timelooping Yui. Looping the Battle of Kyoto for over 500 times.

In the end, she doesn't become an uberpowered thing like in most loop fanfics. She just becomes Rita Vrataski with more PTSD and no victories. <.<

...on the other hand, Yui eventually marries [REDACTED], and her eldest child will be in line to become the next Shogun...

...if looping doesn't terminate the pregnancy...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-06-19, 15:28   Link #1829
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Thanks for the praise!

I've got a couple of potential ideas I want to follow up - either expanding Finding Each Other's verse, or my other option: Timelooping Yui. Looping the Battle of Kyoto for over 500 times.

In the end, she doesn't become an uberpowered thing like in most loop fanfics. She just becomes Rita Vrataski with more PTSD and no victories. <.<

...on the other hand, Yui eventually marries [REDACTED], and her eldest child will be in line to become the next Shogun...

...if looping doesn't terminate the pregnancy...
continue Finding each other sounds good though for the "All you need is kill" idea, is the looping still in a one day period or longer like takeru's loops. the Pregnancy would definitely have to be terminated if the loop resets before she was impregnated.
Old 2014-06-20, 02:37   Link #1830
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For The Day Beyond Hope, we're thinking a loop length of about 30 hours, like All You Need is Kill (well, we're discussing, we haven't confirmed 24 or 30 hours). So by the time Yui finds out she's pregnant the baby's already at least a few weeks down the road, and then there's the question of if she loops, will she bring her baby with her? Part of me thinks that a loop will cause a miscarriage, Yezar suggests that since the baby shares the mother's blood & body it should survive the loop, and AMT is just rubbing his hands at the prospect of dumping more suffering on Yui.

To an extent though, at some point we do need to stop, look and go, is all of this serving a point, or are we all just torturing Yui because it pleases us?

Another concept idea that was suggested was what if Masatada had found out about Yuuya and brought him back to Japan earlier when he was a lot younger. You'd then have both father and son trying to adapt to each other, and then some sibling drama when Yui comes along. Definitely Yuuya would follow his dad into the IRG.

IRG!Yuuya wouldn't necessarily be the object of Yui's romantic affections, though they would both love each other dearly and Yuuya would be a protective older brother, who takes heart what his father said about taking care of his younger sister. In the aftermath of Kyoto, IRG Yuuya would therefore be filled with guilt that he couldn't protect his jellimouto and thus the overprotectiveness goes up to 12. (Yeah, he had a good reason for not saving Yui, he was being badass in a Zuikaku with Ikaruga, but you try convincing him of that. )

On one hand though, this kills a significant amount of drama in Episode 3-6, because Yuuya is already dialed into Japanese TSF doctrine. Although I think he'd still stall out in his Fubuki. And make the same comparisons as Canon Yuuya did.

....but of all the ideas, I think I like expanding Finding-verse the best.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-06-20, 06:54   Link #1831
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
For The Day Beyond Hope, we're thinking a loop length of about 30 hours, like All You Need is Kill (well, we're discussing, we haven't confirmed 24 or 30 hours). So by the time Yui finds out she's pregnant the baby's already at least a few weeks down the road, and then there's the question of if she loops, will she bring her baby with her? Part of me thinks that a loop will cause a miscarriage, Yezar suggests that since the baby shares the mother's blood & body it should survive the loop, and AMT is just rubbing his hands at the prospect of dumping more suffering on Yui.

To an extent though, at some point we do need to stop, look and go, is all of this serving a point, or are we all just torturing Yui because it pleases us?

Another concept idea that was suggested was what if Masatada had found out about Yuuya and brought him back to Japan earlier when he was a lot younger. You'd then have both father and son trying to adapt to each other, and then some sibling drama when Yui comes along. Definitely Yuuya would follow his dad into the IRG.

IRG!Yuuya wouldn't necessarily be the object of Yui's romantic affections, though they would both love each other dearly and Yuuya would be a protective older brother, who takes heart what his father said about taking care of his younger sister. In the aftermath of Kyoto, IRG Yuuya would therefore be filled with guilt that he couldn't protect his jellimouto and thus the overprotectiveness goes up to 12. (Yeah, he had a good reason for not saving Yui, he was being badass in a Zuikaku with Ikaruga, but you try convincing him of that. )

On one hand though, this kills a significant amount of drama in Episode 3-6, because Yuuya is already dialed into Japanese TSF doctrine. Although I think he'd still stall out in his Fubuki. And make the same comparisons as Canon Yuuya did.

How about Kazusa takes Yuuya as her role model, and that leads to further jealousy with Yui?
Old 2014-06-20, 17:00   Link #1832
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:

i think the child would be reset along the mother if its going along the route of All you need is kill. keiji in the book repeatedly mentions that nothing with him is physically changed, only mentally.

As or IRG! yuuya. you could have him and yui go along the route of
Mahouka with the sister having borderline love/ worship tendency to the older brother after the latter saving the former's life during a traumatic experience , eg kyoto or some other prior event.

Though in this particular universe, yuuya might replace yui's role completely in the the Alsaka arc. Unless Yui is still the project manager and her brother is the japanese test pilot, with the USA supplying another pilot. With TDA 0 out now in english i believe that enough is known about Wilbert to write him in character in a fanfic. Though it doesn't make sense to me to have IRG!yuuya perform poorly in a japanese machine initially or that why the japanese sent IRG officers to oversee and project meant for developing equipment for the IJA.
Old 2014-06-20, 22:19   Link #1833
Esg

I'm doing a SRW RP on another forum and I intend to have Muv Luv show up

Anyone here got any tips?

http://www.roleplayerguild.com/topics/14732/posts/ic

here is the thread feel free to offer criticism
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 22:33   Link #1834
Esg

Oh yeah i totally forgot we had the BETA show up

It's already shown up
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 01:13   Link #1835
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Or, just put Yuuya and Wilbert as co-pilot of a Hornet, and both of them joined Operation Lucifer. Instead of just a distate with Japan, he also condemned his own leader.
Old 2014-06-21, 11:25   Link #1836
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Or, just put Yuuya and Wilbert as co-pilot of a Hornet, and both of them joined Operation Lucifer. Instead of just a distate with Japan, he also condemned his own leader.
Wilbert is not old enough to have shown up for 1999. Muvluv Americans did not adopt conscription for citizens and the age for enlisting/commissioning is still 18-21+.
If Wilbert is 19-21 yo during TDA0 which is in 2005, it would mean he is 13 to 15 yo for OP Lucifer. Then again this is fan fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
I'm doing a SRW RP on another forum and I intend to have Muv Luv show up

Anyone here got any tips?

http://www.roleplayerguild.com/topics/14732/posts/ic

here is the thread feel free to offer criticism
Well, The only fanfics i ve read like that being a SRW muvluv fanfic was an Alpha 3 crossover. In that particular fanic, the author generally have the UC era gundams do good against the BETA until they run out of E-packs on their beam rifle, or when their head vulcans run out of ammo and they get swarmed by Tank classes. Seed CE era Phase-shift can survive the tanks quite well provided their batteries last. I-field are somewhat weak against lasers since BETA lasers are not Minovsky particle based beams. Wing series Gundams can survive the lasers class for a bit due to the insane heat resistance of the Gundanium alloy, it helps that their pilots are all god tier experts in hit and run. Macross Valkyries do well in there Gerwalk mode since they all have unlimited flight time plus unrivaled 3 dimensional maneuverability in tight spaces allowing them to hover over the BETAs and dance all over the place. Evangelions are pretty godlike against the BETA clasees with their AT-fields but if exposed in the open where thousands of Magnus LUX lasers can target them, then their AT-fields will collapse just like when the evas fought Ramiel.
Orginal generation units like the R-series and other OG original units also do pretty good in close quarters due to all of them using tesla-drives and other various EOT Balmar, T-link technology that lets them maneuver without obeying the laws of momentum and conservation of energy.
Also "Real men ride each other"= BETA pwnage. Zankantou that cleaves evil and Trombe over ride, I ain't gona explain shit.
There is just so much shit in this fic its ridiculous. sadly its in Japanese, though someone did translated into Chinese as well.

The fic in question is called Muvluv: to the end of the galaxy.
It crosses muvluv unlimited+TDA with Post SRW Alpha3 Cobray route. The author try to use some"realisim", such as many of the weapons and attacks are not allowed to be used while within or around earth(you can guess which ones.) its post final mission true end in @3 after fighting off Keisar Ephes. It was when The alpha numbers attempted to jump back to their original time space with the power of Irui Gun-eden and Ideon that they got sent to the Muvluv unlimited TDA verse instead . So almost all units are damaged to some degree or outright unusable and running low on ammo after the Keisar ephes fight. Of course many of these repairs and resupply will be difficult or straight up impossible to acquire in muluv earth.

For the MUVLUV side, its after the evacuation of the colony ships but before the global G-bombing phase of op Babylon. Takeru gets meiya's 00R repainted in black. the valkyries and 207 are around but disbanded and spread out all over the world. Marimo is back to being a major in the IJA and eventually gets her own battalion affiliated with the UN named "Wardog" battalion which will get many members who we are familiar with from the various TDA and chronicle side stories. Also the Americans are scheming something huge with the the arrival of the alpha numbers. Cobray and Dis Astragant choose to TIME DIVE into extra before Time diving again into Alternative.

also yuuko destroys her office in rage like 18 times from just even trying to understand the various bullshit workings and energy source of the various SRW units. The real type she could somewhat understand and rationalize their theory, but stuff like the Ide, Getter ray, J-jewel/G-stone, Tetragrammaton and other Super-Robot Not!Magictek science makes her want to blow her brains out.

Also, a teaser.
Quote:
"All right gentlemen, Imperial Japan have given us permission to enter its operational airspace. The Ra Cailum will now enter condition red. Torres,disperse Minovsky particle at combat density and time the firing of our mega-particle cannons with the Archangel's Lohengrin cannon. The eastern beach head of Sagoshima will be cleared before we deploy our Mobile suit teams. Amuro, Kamille, Burning, are your teams ready?"
-Captain Bright Noa of the Ra Calium just prior to entering the airspace of the Sadgoshima.

"Shinji the BETAs are not allowed to breach the main gate on the No.2 runway. Assist the The A-01 the best you can."
"Got it, they will not harm the Xg-70 while Unit-01 and I still stand."
-The Child of EVA 01 defending the Yokohama Runway.

"ughhhh.. this is so retarded....why does baka shinji gets to sit on his lazy ass while we are litrerally knee deep in these disgusting BETA. these beta just keep coming out of that tunnel , just how many are there and wtf is that rumbling. Ayanami? are you listening to me Ayanami? Oh God! what are you doing with that N2 Mine?! Rei Are you fucking insane?! WE ARE IN A TUNNE-------------BOOOOOOOM" (later an offical UN investagation was ordered on the alpha # for what is believed to be an unsanctioned illegal use of an nuclear weapon within the vicinity human settlement,the alpha number representative Taiga Kohtaroh was quick to point out the difference between N2 and traditional nuclear weapons.)
-The Child of EVA 02 and EVA 00. during the battle to engage the fleeing BETA from the battle of Sadgoshima.

"Mission acknowledged..... Target lock..... Magnus Lux swarm.....show me their fate Zero."
-Heeor Yuy at the battle of Hive 16.

"Tomoro 0117 activate ES-window and raise J-jewel output to 30%. Those who wish to steal the joy of soaring freely in the skies are my enemy, anti-meson cannon prepare to fire."
-Soldat J and Tomoro 117 upon engaging the BETA for their first time.

"Not bad,not bad. you guys certainly live up to the name Valkyries. "
"What do you mean Lt.... Isamu Dyson was it? Is there a unit named Valkries as well where you are from ?"
"Not exactly. This baby i m using here is called a Valkyrie type fighter. Technically This one is a VF-19"Excalibur" and Valkyries are the first or VF-1, though somehow everybody where i m from ended up calling them all Valkyries....If you want Lt Mitsuki i m sure i can teach you to be a true Valkyrie pilot after we are done here"
"Isamu! we are in combat what are you doing chitchatting!"
"Jesus, Guld can't a man have a nice conversation with a pretty lady in peace."
"I'm telling Myung...."
-Isamu Dyson flirting with member of the A-01 "Valkyries" much the the disapproval of his wingman Guld Bowman.

"Why does that TSF.. i mean Gundam remind me of Meiya?"
-Takeru upon seeing the GP-02 Gundam "Physalis" parked on the docks of Yokohama.

"What the! who just launched !? i did not give any permission to launch yet."
"I'm sorry Captain, its Basara and Sivil... we couldn't stop them. He said he wanted to sing...."
-Captain Maximilian Jenius and Advisor Excedol

"Are you telling me they have a 70KM warship parked over our heads.and that an even more insane and logic defying group of these people and their..machines.. are clearing the hives on Mars as we speak?"
"yes, they said they did something they called a route split."
-President of the United States and the Chief of Staff.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-06-21 at 12:04.
Old 2014-06-22, 09:32   Link #1837
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Oh, the only things missing are human-made Borg (produced by humans) trying to assimilate the human race and the beta, turning the Yokohama base beta reactor into a beta-girl producing factory, and humans that would be quite at home in the X-Men universe.
Old 2014-06-23, 11:01   Link #1838
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

I like the All You Need is Kill idea for Yui. From rookie to veteran.

I wonder how will Yuuya act with his time living in japan with Masatada and Yui?
Old 2014-06-25, 22:35   Link #1839
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
i think the child would be reset along the mother if its going along the route of All you need is kill. keiji in the book repeatedly mentions that nothing with him is physically changed, only mentally.

As or IRG! yuuya. you could have him and yui go along the route of
Mahouka with the sister having borderline love/ worship tendency to the older brother after the latter saving the former's life during a traumatic experience , eg kyoto or some other prior event.

Though in this particular universe, yuuya might replace yui's role completely in the the Alsaka arc. Unless Yui is still the project manager and her brother is the japanese test pilot, with the USA supplying another pilot. With TDA 0 out now in english i believe that enough is known about Wilbert to write him in character in a fanfic. Though it doesn't make sense to me to have IRG!yuuya perform poorly in a japanese machine initially or that why the japanese sent IRG officers to oversee and project meant for developing equipment for the IJA.
Good points all around. To be honest, a lot of this is still up in the air and can be cast aside if need be. I'm not deliberately trying to be Kouki...

...oh who am I kidding, my bros have been enjoying Loop!Yui's despair.

As for IRG Yuuya, the issues with the Fubuki IMO would have been that he was used to the Takemi's balance of power and maneuverability... and so was caught off guard by the Fubuki's maneuverability and useless fucking engines. On one hand, Yuuya agrees that the Fubuki is great for teaching Japanese pilots how to handle the Shiranui and move to the Takemi... but he's also had stick time in a Type-89 Kagerou, and he notes that the Americans do have a point with the teen fighters: easy to learn, easy to fly.

But being that they're both on the same side, and he and Yui mutually adore each other, they won't come to blows as badly as canon Yui and Yuuya.

And as for IRG Yuuya's relationship with Yui, I did consider 2 angles:

1) Platonic but close siblings, with Yuuya being the protective older brother towards Yui. May or may not have Yuuya ending up with Kazusa, while Yui with Ikaruga (the TE audio drama suggests that short hair Yui was not averse to this idea...).

2) Mahouka route, except that the feelings are actually consummated. Because Yuuya and Yui's frist reaction seeing each other was "dokidoki" and love at first sight.

As for a rescue... it could go either way. Scenario 1 would have Yuuya being overprotective out of guilt for not rescuing Yui at Kyoto, while in scenario 2... yeah, if they weren't lovey dovey before, they definitely would be clinging to each other after Yuuya rescues Yui at Kyoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I like the All You Need is Kill idea for Yui. From rookie to veteran.

I wonder how will Yuuya act with his time living in japan with Masatada and Yui?
See above, but I think he'd end up in the IRG (if not joining the IJA to spite his old man).

...hm. Idea. Yuuya joins the IJA instead of the IRG because he doesn't like the YAMATO DAMASHII, and so that's why he's the Shiranui's test pilot. *shrug* Could work, perhaps.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-06-25, 22:48   Link #1840
erakk
Damned Basterd

Damn, i had to login after a few months, just to ask kindly:
Goose, please, continue that, its amazing.

Tags
fanfiction, harem