AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-15, 21:03   Link #21
kakakka

The point of this series is not action though....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 21:14   Link #22
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The point of this series is not action though....
I know that, but, back when I first watched it in 8th grade, I was use to all action all the time. So I was left with a sour taste in my mouth when I watched 0080.

Just not a fan is all.

I will say that Gundam Alex is one of my favorite Gundams ever though.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 05:04   Link #23
elindir
Overreacher

I really liked War in the Pocket. It is pretty unique, I think, as it depicts war from the point of view of an innocent kid who at first thinks it is cool, but later realizes that it is actually on the contrary. It is definitely worth watching.
Old 2009-05-06, 14:00   Link #24
Karnot
Banned

This series...artwork for anything thats not a mech is pretty atrocius. Main kids, for example, have their proportions changed about every other scene. And their designs, OMG...
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:36   Link #25
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
This series...artwork for anything thats not a mech is pretty atrocius. Main kids, for example, have their proportions changed about every other scene. And their designs, OMG...
Its certainly not the strongest part of this show, but it is still one of the best Gundam series, nevertheless. This is only my opinion, but I really liked the unique way it depicted the One Year War era.
Old 2009-05-06, 18:57   Link #26
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well.. how many years old is it now? You can't compare something old to something new. Its like comparing the original Star Wars movies to the currents ones. The original used small models while the new ones used high tech CG.
Old 2009-05-06, 18:58   Link #27
kakakka

Uhmm....when a person started to cry how bad animation is from almost 3 decades ago, the others should just ignore it...

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-05-06 at 19:13.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:03   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well.. how many years old is it now? You can't compare something old to something new. Its like comparing the original Star Wars movies to the currents ones. The original used small models while the new ones used high tech CG.
Well, comparing 0080 with 0083 though, you could really see the difference between the consistency of the character animation... And 0083 was only released two years after 0080.

Anyway, yeah, 0080 has some of that funky 80's animation, and I am no big fan of Haruhiko Mikimoto's designs myself, but it didn't really detract from the experience THAT much, I think.

Quote:
Uhmm....when a person started to cry how bad animation is from almost 3 decades ago, the others should just ignore it...
Like I said, 0083 probably remains the series with the most detailed and smooth character animation in the franchise. The age of the series doesn't really have much to do with its quality of animation, though QA has improved significantly since then in general.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:00   Link #29
4Tran

Quote:
As brightman points out, age isn't really as much of an issue unless we're talking about a TV show. It's quite fair to hold OVA series like 0080 to higher standards, especially since it was made in the '80s heydays. Even if you compare it to just other contemporary OVAs like 0083 or Gunbuster, it's fairly lacking.
Old 2009-05-08, 04:09   Link #30
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, its 3 decades, not 300 years. Not knowing the proportions of your main character is unforgivable. If you dont know how to draw a human figure properly and CONSISTENTLY - you shouldnt be an animator, much less selling your product.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:23   Link #31
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Exactly, its 3 decades, not 300 years. Not knowing the proportions of your main character is unforgivable. If you dont know how to draw a human figure properly and CONSISTENTLY - you shouldnt be an animator, much less selling your product.
You're going too far. It's far not that disastrous as you're talking about it. It's not top-notch animation, but I wouldn't say that it is a disgrace.
Old 2009-05-08, 09:38   Link #32
kakakka

300 years? Get me something to compare from 300 years

Anyway, the reason I said that...
Quote:
is because, I think during that time, animation is still developing. Well, not young, but still developing. Expecting too much from those animation from that time, I think its unfair.

Though I don't want to dig too much into this discussion. 4Tran and brightman already give their thoughts. That's enough for me...

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-05-08 at 09:52.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:29   Link #33
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Well i like this show,show the reality of war.Oh man this show really make me shed tears when I first watched it.The mecha are also awesome too.Like the Gundam Alex & Kampfer.I still watch the duel between it on internet...haha
Old 2009-05-08, 19:32   Link #34
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Suckers for happy endings should just find and read the obscure novel version of this series as Bernie lives in it. I think I should just leave things hanging as to whether he and Chris did get together at the end.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 05:52   Link #35
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

On this day, we of the older generation, shall not forget your heroic sacrifice 20 years back.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 11:05   Link #36
elindir
Overreacher

It is definitely worth rewatching this series around Christmas. Ii was far more enjoyable than at the first time.
Old 2010-01-08, 18:50   Link #37
China

Actually Bernie did not die
China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:59   Link #38
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by China View Post
In the novel yeah, he lived. In the OVA, he got turned into hamburger by a beam saber.
Old 2010-01-08, 22:13   Link #39
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yep, and the OVA is considered the "true" canon of the series, being the animation.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 06:20   Link #40
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by China View Post
Yeah, in our hearts.