AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 17:17   Link #261
lightbringer
M9000

ALI PROJECT... all their songs sound the same, as usual. They had some good songs before but this bland opening is not of that category.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:33   Link #262
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
ALI PROJECT... all their songs sound the same, as usual. They had some good songs before but this bland opening is not of that category.
I have to be honest this ALI PROJECT's latest song is *yuck* to me. It doesn't quite have the haunting-dynamic goth flair, which characterize their previous songs.

I would have preferred other artists to fit with the tone and mood of the images in the opening like:
  1. Yousei Teitoku
  2. Wakeshima Kanon
  3. ASRIEL

... instead.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:48   Link #263
PzIVf3

I noticed Sakuragi gets confused when Kouchi asking about Misaki its possible that girl w/ a eye patch pretending to be Mei Misaki who died in the past. Well lots of possibilities.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:37   Link #264
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This is a lil off-topic, but Asriel would've made a song that was way too upbeat. She's better reserved for shows with at least SOME action competent to them. Just sayin'. Same goes for Yousei Teikoku, they would've made something too upbeat.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-01-13 at 00:07.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:04   Link #265
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
This is a lil odd-topic, but Asriel would've made a song that was way too upbeat. She's better reserved for shows with at least SOME action competent to them. Just sayin'. Same goes for Yousei Teikoku, they would've made something too upbeat.
You know, you kind of read my mind because watching the dilapidated school and with those creepy dolls hanging around in the OP, then the more logical choice narrowed down would have been Wakeshima Kanon.

Listening to the ending themes for Vampire Knight really gets me on the haunting-Goth, creepy atmosphere, especially when she plays the cello.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:09   Link #266
Xaturas

I don't know any Jap artists for horror animes.
But I don't think anything could be worse than the current opening, unless you would stuff there ponies and magical shoujo girls dancing and some "pi piru piru piru pi piru pi" as song.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:06   Link #267
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
You know, you kind of read my mind because watching the dilapidated school and with those creepy dolls hanging around in the OP, then the more logical choice narrowed down would have been Wakeshima Kanon.

Listening to the ending themes for Vampire Knight really gets me on the haunting-Goth, creepy atmosphere, especially when she plays the cello.
I agree. Wakeshima would've been perfect!

Oh God, now every time I watch this show, I'm going to be head-desking thinking "Why couldn't they have gotten Kanon instead?!" T_T
Old 2012-01-13, 07:26   Link #268
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I agree. Wakeshima would've been perfect!

Oh God, now every time I watch this show, I'm going to be head-desking thinking "Why couldn't they have gotten Kanon instead?!" T_T
She would still sing something that would be more suited to a Victorian gothic horror....

This one needs something more Japanese....something with prayer bells and traditional instruments...
Old 2012-01-13, 10:35   Link #269
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I noticed Sakuragi gets confused when Kouchi asking about Misaki its possible that girl w/ a eye patch pretending to be Mei Misaki who died in the past. Well lots of possibilities.
I think that is more along the lines of: "I better make a confused face and pretend I dont know what he is talking about, so that he doesnt ask any more questions." Additionally it may well be, that she thinks he shouldnt see or know about Mei.

Quote:
But I don't think anything could be worse than the current opening, unless you would stuff there ponies and magical shoujo girls dancing and some "pi piru piru piru pi piru pi" as song.
Actually, that would be hilarious and in a ridiculous way better than the current OP. If you cant do a horror OP the right way, why not try something completely opposite?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 10:39   Link #270
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She would still sing something that would be more suited to a Victorian gothic horror....

This one needs something more Japanese....something with prayer bells and traditional instruments...
That's true, but Ali-Project loves to experiment with weird instruments (or rather, things that aren't supposed to work together), and that's why their music doesn't work here. Kanon is a lot more traditional with her instruments, so I think she'd get something that's, at the very least, fairly more appropriate than what AliPro's made.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:44   Link #271
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Actually, that would be hilarious and in a ridiculous way better than the current OP. If you cant do a horror OP the right way, why not try something completely opposite?
Ghost hound as this rather upbeat jazzy OP that at the same time is a bit haunting,works quite well
Old 2012-01-13, 12:12   Link #272
sa547
*Author

Watched this one now. The whole town, especially the school... at first I thought our boy found himself in a place downright eerie as the Bodysnatchers, but surprised that his classmates manage to get their hair down by breaktime.

Better see where this show would lead up to.
Old 2012-01-13, 13:19   Link #273
Forsaken_Infinity

I liked the episode quite a bit although I don't even remember much of the opening and the ending 10 mins after watching them oo.
Old 2012-01-13, 13:35   Link #274
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
So much hate for Ali Project

I will agree that they weren't the best fit for this show, but neither would Yousei Teikoku or Kanon, all three are too baroque, and this needs something more minimalistic, say Aku no Hana era BUCK-TICK (should we confine ourselves to J-goth)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:31   Link #275
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent first episode. Really got a spooky feel to it.

Why does he remind them all of death?
Old 2012-01-13, 17:13   Link #276
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ Because they're all dead. duh.

it probably has something to do with his mom. that's a plot line i'm really interested in, as his father is apparently "still devoted" and his grandparents still haven't moved on.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:24   Link #277
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
this needs something more minimalistic, say Aku no Hana era BUCK-TICK (should we confine ourselves to J-goth)
Ew, no. Just... no.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:54   Link #278
syke123

Jane Sa ka ki ba ra kun, there's something to that line that makes me go mad.

Really interested in how this is going to unfold, as this definitely has a lot of potential, hope the studio pulls through.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:01   Link #279
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Kismet-chan: Well, Sisters and Nephilim not available anymore; BT made a pretty decent job fixing the atmosphere of a NoitaminA show recently, so why not?

And what's the big deal with Onibara? It's just another teenage murderer, am I missing something?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:12   Link #280
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just watched this and this seems creepy like theres killers every where

Tags
horror, seinen