AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 16:08   Link #161
Dawnstorm

Llama stole the first segment: he's really a good natured dreamer, isn't he?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 18:04   Link #162
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit, for a moment I did start wondering if Polar Bear was Zoo Director (even if for a short period) and reassigning Panda for a laugh.

The second episode does open up a lot of questions over the belief that Mr Handa was marrying a badger. That was a bit of an unexpected direction in the Shirokuma Cafe world.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 19:14   Link #163
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
While with the latter it's just the complete opposite, sure Handa has crush but so far it's completely one sided. Certainly Sasako is nice to Handa-san but she's nice to everyone and sometimes being nice means just that.
That doesn't mean that Handa & Sasako is just going to stay a "one sided crush". I am pretty sure Handa's feelings for Sasako were introduced for a reason, not to go nowhere (at least I hope). I feel the scenes between them have been genuine so far.

As for the episode another cute one, it also made me wonder who the Zoo director is. Perhaps that mystery will be answered in another episode.

I really felt for Llama when he said everyone just visits the Giraffes. Next time I go to the Zoo I am making sure to visit the Llamas.
Old 2012-08-24, 00:14   Link #164
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, at least we can guess what song Mei Mei might like to sing if she got an ED all to herself...

Does anyone know how much material there still is to cover in the manga? If the show was successful enough, would they still have plenty of material to draw on for a second season; or would they have to add in more original content instead?
Old 2012-08-24, 07:40   Link #165
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I know that Handa has good sort of charm to him but he's really just... obsessively a clean freak. I can understand him cleaning his house almost every time he says he is busy but folding plastic bags into triangle is just over the line. Gosh darn it, I want to root for this guy to get Sasako, I think I need to concur with some people, she is too perfect for him. What a boring life she'd be living if she was engaged to this guy. Watching him is a bit frustrating.

At least Rinrin is entertaining every time though I cannot understand his obsession. I'd be happier if he gets more screen time to pursue his unrequited love. It's satisfying to see Panda-kun being creeped out.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 12:46   Link #166
Utsuro no Hako

Wow, I guess nobody likes penguins since last weeks episode didn't generate any comments at all.

Thankfully the first segment this week was a big improvement -- Polar Bear gets to troll someone different, we learn more about Sasako (your shoulders are fine just the way they are), and Handa realizes he has to make a move sooner than later.

Second part ... I was really hoping Panda Mama would be as cool as Mei Mei, but housewives shopping, eating and then eating some more just isn't that funny.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 14:27   Link #167
Kirarakim

Not true I loved the Penguin segment last week. Sometimes you can enjoy something but not have much to say I guess. I was really glad they brought back the Penguin trio and the little Penguins (we were only missing King Penguin last week).

And I have nothing to say this week because I still need to watch the ep.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:00   Link #168
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Second part ... I was really hoping Panda Mama would be as cool as Mei Mei, but housewives shopping, eating and then eating some more just isn't that funny.
I found that section rather amusing, though not in a 'laugh out loud' way. It's just a bit of social commentary- having worked in cafes, restaurants, and convenience stores, you see that kind of attitude and 'rules' of shopping/dining.

As for the first part, Handa-san is endearing, but he really does need to be forthright in order to have a chance.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 18:37   Link #169
kyouray
2D > 3D

I also thought second part was enjoyable specially when they bother Shirokuma-kun for the coffee price and his reaction when they were about to leave

Quote:
Wow, I guess nobody likes penguins since last weeks episode didn't generate any comments at all.
Penguin train was cute !

As Kirarakim said Shirokuma Cafe is sometimes kinda difficult to comment to my mind. Apart from saying 'this was fun', I don't really know what to comment but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the episodes.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:45   Link #170
Dop
Mmmm....

This is for me a consistently enjoyable show but just posting every week that you enjoyed the episode might get a bit repetitive!

This week the squirrel guide to packing as many nuts as possible in the bag was quite enjoyable, but the most remarkable bit was when the human woman joined the party, as that just pointed out how strange the situation was. And of course, when they outstayed their welcome I think that was the first time we saw Polar Bear looking annoyed!

In the first section I did like how Panda's mood was immediately lifted by the angry look of the Panda Roll being so cool!
Old 2012-09-14, 10:11   Link #171
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
So episode 24 turned in two good stories

Panda being so lazy that he decided to quite the laziness training from sloth and become a laziness amateur was great

Also the whole Tortoise vs Sloth race during the second part was so great in its absurdity
Old 2012-09-14, 10:58   Link #172
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Needs more Red Panda-kun.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:35   Link #173
Dop
Mmmm....

While Panda thinks he likes lazing about, he's a mere dilettante when compared to a true master of the art.

I never would have expected a sports day episode in this series, but it still worked. Sloth and Tortoise in their race, each considering the other a worthy opponent, Red Panda and Badger winning the three legged race, and Handa-san challenged to an eating contest but not wanting either seals or ants. As for Penguin's choice in the scavenger hunt - cruel irony!

Although Panda-Imouto fangirling over Handa in his presence is still a bit disturbing...
Old 2012-09-14, 14:39   Link #174
Kirarakim

What I really love about the show is we are getting to know more and more characters who are not just one offs, but have become part of the series: like the Red Panda, Mei Mei, The Mama Squirrel.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:16   Link #175
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
As for Penguin's choice in the scavenger hunt - cruel irony!
That's my favourite part. I'm sure it was Shirokuma-kun who wrote Penjolina on the paper, what a sadist
Old 2012-09-15, 01:35   Link #176
willx
Nyaaan~~

I know I'm not actually adding anything to the discussion .. but I thought I'd pop in and say I recently started watching this and.. I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing when I hear Panda's whiny/sleepy voice complain when he's getting vacuum'd! I start giggling uncontrollably to the extent that anyone around me starts looking at me funny.. I have no idea why..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 08:50   Link #177
Utsuro no Hako

My only disappointment with the episode is that Panda didn't choose Penguin as a mentor -- I really want to find out what Penguin does. I imagine something like Hugh Grant's character in About a Boy where his dad wrote a really popular Christmas song and he lives off the royalties.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 11:40   Link #178
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Penguin pretty much described everything he did - and there wasn't much to it!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:27   Link #179
Kirarakim

You wonder how Penguin makes all that money for all those cafe mocha's he drinks. Those things aren't cheap.

Unless they are on the house.

edit: I am a bit slow but I just realized when Penguin said he tweets and stands on street corners, could have a double meaning.

Well I guess Penguins don't exactly tweet but he is a bird after all.
Old 2012-09-15, 21:05   Link #180
kyouray
2D > 3D

I wonder too... he may be a NEET spending Mama's money !
Quote:
My only disappointment with the episode is that Panda didn't choose Penguin as a mentor -- I really want to find out what Penguin does..
We will figure out next episode I guess since one of the title previewed is 'Mr. Penguin's Hobbies'.

Tags
comedy, josei