AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 08:03   Link #1
Inept Forum User

Question Questions regarding where/how to ask certain questions

I have two questions that I would like to ask, however I'm not certain as to where and whether I should ask them.

One regards the running state of a certain manga - however, this thread has no thread in the Manga section and I'm not aware of the presence of a general manga discussion thread. I wasn't sure if it was OK to start a new thread for this particular manga (since I'm not sure if it is actually still going, don't have a description & information ready, and I'm not certain if there are certain other requirements to be met).

The other question regards information on a certain video game that wasn't released outside Japan - one which I can't find enough information about to expand the page I made for it on TV Tropes. There is a thread for it, but the last post in it is several years old and I was worried that reviving it might not be tolerated.

Can someone please tell me what I should do?

(Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this)
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:06   Link #2
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
I have two questions that I would like to ask, however I'm not certain as to where and whether I should ask them.

One regards the running state of a certain manga - however, this thread has no thread in the Manga section and I'm not aware of the presence of a general manga discussion thread. I wasn't sure if it was OK to start a new thread for this particular manga (since I'm not sure if it is actually still going, don't have a description & information ready, and I'm not certain if there are certain other requirements to be met).

The other question regards information on a certain video game that wasn't released outside Japan - one which I can't find enough information about to expand the page I made for it on TV Tropes. There is a thread for it, but the last post in it is several years old and I was worried that reviving it might not be tolerated.

Can someone please tell me what I should do?

(Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this)
The admins/moderators around here don't bite1 . This is the right place to ask forum/site questions .

For the manga, so long as you ran a search for it in the manga forum, and if you didn't find anything you it's fine to start a thread. For the video game, it's okay to revive the thread, and actually it's preferred as it keeps related posts together.

1 I take no responsibility if any of the admins/mods are actually vampires .
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:38   Link #3
Inept Forum User

Smile

Thank you for your help, Fahd and Vexx.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-06-23 at 08:13. Reason: Thanking both
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 16:58   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thread necromancy isn't a problem here if you're providing information about the topic or adding your own thoughts. You might get someone amused if you answer a post that is several years old and the user long 'dead' or if its one of the "idiot silly obnoxious" long dead threads from early years.

As for starting a new thread... just take a look at the existing threads of that type for the general format (like for manga) and copy that. If an admin/mod finds an existing thread for it later, they will just merge the threads.