AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-06-17, 23:51   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 681 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:02   Link #2
ranchan13

And we are once again subjected to an entire chapter of retcon
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:10   Link #3
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

so after reading the chapter, everything was [insert Aizen voice] "part of the plan"
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:13   Link #4
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^&^^
...followed by 'deus-ex-machina no sealing-jutsu'...

I really don't like this retcon. It makes me feel like none of this adventure was really worth it in the end. And that's the most depressing part.

I actually felt excited seeing a powered up Naruto and Sasuke (and potentially Sakura) take down Madara who had been established from very early on to be the main villain. I thought there was actually going to be a semi satisfying end...

EDIT: Retcon is the wrong word for this situation.

Last edited by OH&S; 2014-06-18 at 01:39.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:35   Link #5
schedmaster

After reading the chapter, I think we seen this story or parts of it to be exact many times, but in different versions. I think what we should do after each chapter is ask ourselves: "Where have I seen this before?" What we read today is what mankind has done and experienced throughout its existence. In this case, we are making copies of events and living through them all over again in some way.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:42   Link #6
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

More flashbacks...

So I'm guessing Naruto and Sasuke are going to perform BL-no-Jutsu to give Kagura a fangasm, to allow enough time to seal her.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:51   Link #7
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

ok "that jutsu", is it the 1 from jiraya or i missed something else lol
Old 2014-06-18, 02:02   Link #8
Wandering Soul

Now we finally have an explanation of Zetsu's origins. Zetsu was basically the Aizen of this series considering the fact that we now know that he was behind basically everything. Hopefully this will be the last time Kishi shows us a flashback only to reveal someone else was behind everything.
Old 2014-06-18, 02:21   Link #9
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
More flashbacks...

So I'm guessing Naruto and Sasuke are going to perform BL-no-Jutsu to give Kagura a fangasm, to allow enough time to seal her.

My thoughts exactly!

IT'S COMING!!!! ^____^
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 02:55   Link #10
akumaten

o_o
ಠ_ಠ
~insert Kira laugh~
~sigh~
I was waiting for this moment.
For fucks sake, the second I looked at the title for this chapter, I knew it was going to be bad.
ARE YOU SATISFIED, KISHIMOTO???? For a shounen, this is intelligence insulting!!!!
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 03:13   Link #11
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
ok "that jutsu", is it the 1 from jiraya or i missed something else lol
Was about to ask the same thing..
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 04:42   Link #12
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Now we finally have an explanation of Zetsu's origins. Zetsu was basically the Aizen of this series considering the fact that we now know that he was behind basically everything. Hopefully this will be the last time Kishi shows us a flashback only to reveal someone else was behind everything.
5 chapter from now, we will find out that it was actually Aizen who traveled from the Bleach dimension to this one and set everything in motion since.
Old 2014-06-18, 05:19   Link #13
JustRob

Uugggghhh. So now Black Zetsu is the big mastermind behind everything. This manga has gotten so retarded.
Old 2014-06-18, 05:59   Link #14
Tchadnis

*facepalms" for this whole chapter , smh but let be real Madara was a boss to do what he did lol
Old 2014-06-18, 06:05   Link #15
Xillais

Crap, now we have a mother who wants to become 'one' with her sons. The hell?
Xillais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 07:46   Link #16
DarkHollowIchigo

So awesome to see both Hagoromo and Hamura.
Old 2014-06-18, 08:33   Link #17
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Chapter 681: Kaguya's Tears
As I said before, the Susanoo had no effect on Kaguya. Pointless.
Woau, Naruto & Sasuke look so cool with Black Zetsu implanted in them. Black Zetsu is draining chakra from them.
This chapter answered many questions and left many confused. Black Zetsu was a mystery from the beginning, the most mysterious from Akatsuki. Obito and Madara thought they knew everything about Zetsu, but not. They also thought he was under their control, but in fact they were controlled by Zetsu in order to fulfill his plan.
Hogoromo and Hashura sealed their own mother....and Kaguya is a part of the God Tree. We know Kaguya created the God Tree, in the beginning when the Sixth Paths Priest and his brother beat their mother Kaguya, she was the Shinju. Right?
Well, this Zetsu witnessed many battles...the battle with Hashirama VS. Madara (Madara lost), the battle with Sasuke VS. Naruto (Naruto lost) and many more. He has a lot of knowledge. I must say he is really EVIL. He even rewrote the Uchiha stone table wrote by Hogoromo, all this for war. He approached Kabuto just only to resurrect Madara to use Infinite Tsukuyomi and after that to invoke Kaguya to take over his body. Madara didn't know..

Also in this chapter, we got the story how Madara was able to survive the battle with Hashirama (he bite off a piece of flesh from Hashirama, he is a vampire, lol). Tobirama thought the body he had was the Real Madara, actually a clone. Probably, that's how he learned Resurrection techniques?!
Then it was only one Zetsu, but after the incident with Madara summoning the Gedou Mazou, White Zetsu was born accidentally. Nice product
I forgot, right now Sasuke is considered to be the only remaining Uchiha alive. With Madara and Obito presumed deceased. Some people say Obito he's dead, but Naruto will save him, just wait. As for Madara that's not the end for him...he will return.
Kaguya crying, why? She is evil, although she doesn't see that.
Next week chapter: I will be gone in vacation and no more reviews from me this summer. I will be back Back in September. Or October?! Pretty late huh? Long vacation!
Next week I will predict: the sealing jutsu Hogoromo gave to Naruto and Sasuke will save them and they will be able to counterattack. The counterattack begins! The Edo Kages will come to the battlefield to battle Kaguya.
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 08:43   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... so confusing...

first it's all about Uchiha vs Senju
Madara Vs Hashirama
then spread out to Indra vs Ashura
now... it's about Hamura and Hagoromo...

what the heck is happening?? to put it simple, Uchiha is being used until the end...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 10:54   Link #19
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Totally expected someone to call out "OMG, they're going to use that jutsu!"

Interesting chapter, but...
Quote:
Uugggghhh. So now Black Zetsu is the big mastermind behind everything. This manga has gotten so retarded.
Couldn't have worded it better. Every new shocking disclosure serves to belittle generations upon generations of ninjas, only to focus on a figure that is not historical (since nobody knew about her) nor important (should be sealed forever!?). Damn black Zetsu...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 11:06   Link #20
GDB

Ever since Kaguya took over Madara's role as big bad, I've been enjoying Bleach more than Naruto.

That should be all I have to say about how bad these "twists" have gotten.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion