AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-21, 23:09   Link #381
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Yay I liked Busou Renkin OOOH and FINALLY they are releasing Bushilord hoe many years ago was thta 0_o?

YA where is the Kamichama Karin anime buuu Myabe it is better until the 2nd seson thing is finished or we will get a pita ten ending.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 23:23   Link #382
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So Gainax's Bushilord is finally being released, eh? It's about freaking damn time! You don't delay an anime production that has that many cute girls!!!

(unless there's a legitimate reason)
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 01:54   Link #383
NeoSam

Busou Renkin is scheduled to start in autumn 2006.

Site of manga:
http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/renkin/

And from Anime News Service:

Quote:
New Appleseed Film And PS2 Details
Just released at the end of the week, the latest issue of Famitsu reports on both the upcoming Appleseed film sequel and newly revealed PlayStation 2 game adaptation of the 2004 Appleseed anime film (which in turn was based on the Masamune Shirow manga). Sega is publishing the Dream Factory developed game. The action genre title is said to follow the movie's storyline closely. You play as Deunan and Briareos and as Deunan, you can board a Landmate mech for added speed and power. Digital Frontier, the film's staff is helping out with the project. In addition to creating an animated opening movie, the staff is creating new enemies and areas exclusively for the game. The announcement of the Appleseed PS2 adaptation has been timed to coincide with the announcement of "Appleseed Saga Ex Machina", a new full 3DCG film set in the Appleseed world and being directed by Shinji Aramaki and produced by John Woo. Production on the project is said to be in the advanced stage. The PS2 title will have some undisclosed connections to the new film. The PS2 adaptation is due in September. The new movie is set for release in 2007. You can see a first look at the Appleseed Ex Machina production art at the below Famitsu link. Sources: IGN | Famitsu
Old 2006-05-22, 03:25   Link #384
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Busou Renkin is scheduled to start in autumn 2006.
Yes. Yes! YES!!!!!!

Oh my god, I never, ever expected to see this become an anime!!

Now you've got me all excited.
Old 2006-05-22, 05:12   Link #385
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Indeed, that is some of the best anime/manga-related news I've heard in a while. Sorry that my post is so bland; all my ridiculous happiness at hearing the news went into my announcement of it on the Busou Renkin LJ community XD
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 07:16   Link #386
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Death Note is still my most expected anime - but Busou Renkin looks nice. I hope it will be shorter than RK, though - brevity IS the soul of wit.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 08:51   Link #387
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

One question about Busou Renkin:

If I remember correctly, the mangaka was asked to end the series in JUMP prematurely, but is the story continued in the tankoubon? I think in JUMP, it ended without showing the final battle. :/
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 11:48   Link #388
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker

If I remember correctly, the mangaka was asked to end the series in JUMP prematurely, but is the story continued in the tankoubon? I think in JUMP, it ended without showing the final battle. :/
Hmmm, I don't know about any of that (too long ago, I wasn't as into anime info on the net back then), but it does properly end in the volume releases.
Old 2006-05-22, 16:16   Link #389
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I don't know how much of the Rurouni Kenshin manga was originally animated, but Busou Renkin ended with a total of 10 volumes. I bet the whole story could be fit into 26 episodes.

It did get canceled due to lack of popularity. I haven't read that far, though, so I can't say whether or not the "final battle" happened. It definitely ends on a definitve note, though and the final tankoubon has one or two extra chapters that wrap everything up nicely (or so I hear).

Death Note will be fun, too, but to be honest I'm looking forward to Busou Renkin more!
Old 2006-05-22, 19:11   Link #390
ACDragonMaster

Send a message via AIM to ACDragonMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker

Yes. Effectively, some of the chapters leading up *to* the final chapters, to me at least, felt a little rushed. However, the last several chapters are very strong, and "Final" and "Period" tie things up very nicely. Then there's also the extra chapter "After", which is more of a side story reflecting on a plot point that Watsuki never got a chance to address in the main story.

Oh man, this is like the one thing I didn't dare hope for come true~

(and yes, I did just go and register an account just so I could post this here... >_>)
ACDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 19:28   Link #391
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
I don't know how much of the Rurouni Kenshin manga was originally animated, but Busou Renkin ended with a total of 10 volumes. I bet the whole story could be fit into 26 episodes.

It did get canceled due to lack of popularity. I haven't read that far, though, so I can't say whether or not the "final battle" happened. It definitely ends on a definitve note, though and the final tankoubon has one or two extra chapters that wrap everything up nicely (or so I hear).
The Rurouni Kenshin anime stopped folowing the manga from the first episode back in Tokyo (after the Shishio fight) and on. The whole final arc of the manga, the Revenge arc with enishi Yukishiro, didn't get to see animation for the TV series.

Mmmmmm, maybe 26 episodes, but I think it might take a little longer than that.

From reading the manga, I'd you'd never be able to tell that it was cancelled. :/ There's no evidence or sign of rushing, and the ending is very conclusive, with an extra chapter to wrap it up even better.

Man, ACDragonMaster's avatar reminds me just how much I love the main "bad guy" of BuRen. Not because of his fashion sense, mind you , but because of the...."impression" his fashion sense leaves on spectators...
Old 2006-05-22, 21:05   Link #392
ACDragonMaster

Send a message via AIM to ACDragonMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
From reading the manga, I'd you'd never be able to tell that it was cancelled. :/ There's no evidence or sign of rushing, and the ending is very conclusive, with an extra chapter to wrap it up even better.
Compared to the long, long, complicated sequence that was the final battle(s) in Ruroken, the first part of volume 9 did seem a little rushed to me. The last chapters (note the plural), though, were fine, just the stuff leading up to them.

Quote:
Man, ACDragonMaster's avatar reminds me just how much I love the main "bad guy" of BuRen. Not because of his fashion sense, mind you , but because of the...."impression" his fashion sense leaves on spectators...
*grins* Oh yes. I'm immensely curious to know who'll be doing his voice. And do hope that they don't do anything silly like alter characters' costumes or anything.

I'd love to see someone cosplay him sometime, though. And should probably be very glad I don't have the build to seriously consider doing so myself... >_>

Though that also reminds me- little details! I liked how when there's a character parading around in a ridiculous outfit, background characters actually react to it. One can only hope that this time, all of Watsuki's cleverness is well translated into animated form...
ACDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 21:11   Link #393
Sakuya
*Artist

Can someone give brief summaries for Bushilord and Busou Renkin? They look promising.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 22:12   Link #394
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
So Gainax's Bushilord is finally being released, eh? It's about freaking damn time! You don't delay an anime production that has that many cute girls!!!

(unless there's a legitimate reason)
I totally agrtee and don't forget the hot guys!!!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 00:11   Link #395
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Can someone give brief summaries for Bushilord and Busou Renkin? They look promising.
BuRen Summary (Anime News Network): Kazuki Mutou is mortally wounded saving a girl from a strange monster, but is given a new life through the power of the alchemically-made Core Iron. Along with a second chance, this grants him the ability to use his own Busou Renkin, or Alchemy Weapon. Joining forces with Tokiko, the Busou Renkin user he'd saved earlier and who gave him the Core Iron, he uses his newfound powers to fight the malevolent Homunculus monsters and protect his friends and the rest of mankind.

Note that that's only the starting plot of the series, the series is actually a lot deeper than that. You just can't give a good summary about the true depth of a series without giving away spoilers.
Old 2006-05-23, 00:45   Link #396
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Note that that's only the starting plot of the series, the series is actually a lot deeper than that. You just can't give a good summary about the true depth of a series without giving away spoilers.
So is the story actually really dark or have lots of angst and drama? Or is it more of an...adventure quest? I hope it doesn't not turn into a 150 episode series.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 05:04   Link #397
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
So is the story actually really dark or have lots of angst and drama? Or is it more of an...adventure quest? I hope it doesn't not turn into a 150 episode series.
There's no way it can turn into a 150-episode series because there isn't enough material for that. There's only 10 volumes' worth. Bleach animated ten of its volumes in about 26 episodes, so I'm presuming the episode count will be something like that.

It's a Nobuhiro Watsuki manga, so it has dark moments, comedic moments, and everything in between all thrown together into something more along the lines of an "adventure quest," I guess, if you want to call it that. It's awesome, though. It took me a while to get into it (I thought the whole first volume was really weak), but once it gets going, it gets GOING. Which is why I've always been really sad that Gun Blaze West got canceled. I loved the three volumes I read of it, and can only imagine what great heights it could have reached had it not been canceled...
Old 2006-05-23, 06:32   Link #398
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I thought the whole first volume was really weak, but once it gets going, it gets GOING.
I agree.

Earlier on the story is like... they're fighting the freak of the week.
But it gets alot better when...
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but just in case...:

I've only read up to the part where it ended in JUMP, which is...
Spoiler for Big spoiler, but I'll just make it really vague.:

That's why I was so annoyed.
But since the story continued in the tankoubons, I'll go read them for the real ending.

Quote:
Which is why I've always been really sad that Gun Blaze West got canceled. I loved the three volumes I read of it, and can only imagine what great heights it could have reached had it not been canceled...
Yeah, GBW is another series that was rather good but got the axe. :/

Anyways, someone should go make a Busou Renkin thread in General Anime as we're kinda going off topic.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 06:55   Link #399
NeoSam

This already got mentioned in the Bleach series discussion.

A Bleach movie got announced, and it will be released in December 2006.

From Manganews:

Quote:
Bleach Movie: According to Bleach7, Bleach will be released as a movie in Japan in December.
Old 2006-05-23, 10:18   Link #400
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
This already got mentioned in the Bleach series discussion.

A Bleach movie got announced, and it will be released in December 2006.

From Manganews:
NO WAY!

SWEET!

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers