-Digimon
-Beyblade
-Monster Rancher
-Sailor Moon
-Many more i cant name but u ppl know em
Old 2007-06-30, 22:55   Link #622
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

Shuffle tops my crap list. I have a tolerence for bad male orented anime but you would need drugs or a mental illness to watch it all. After that I would say Kiddy Grade and Divergence Eve, since I like a little good plot with my pointless fanservice.

And of course any series that relies or exploits the loli fad. They and any of the pedo fans that wank to it deserve to be frisbees.
Old 2007-07-02, 22:35   Link #623
xerotwo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I disagree with you about Elfen Lied but I don't want to engage in an argument either.

Cardcaptors makes my ear bleed, and that's about it.
Ditto with that statement
Old 2007-07-03, 00:13   Link #624
hikariHoshino

naruto,one piece,adult swin shows,ninja animes.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:35   Link #625
BladeStone

Neon Genesis Evangelion -- before I get screamed at here are a few of my reasons:

#1: Shinji -- Emo . . . to the fullest
#2: Recurring angel battles, same thing . . over and over . . Eva gets damaged, gets repaired, possibly requiring a different eva / pilot for the next battle
#3: The story is barely fleshed out . . instead, they waste time developing characters who, in my opinion, are hard to get attached to in the first place
#4: The story itself needs to be figured out by the viewer making the series quite a bore the first time through (yes, I watched it twice)

Honestly, I don't see any reason to like the series. I suppose I'll list the very few things about this series I liked:

#1: The ending (ironically, most people hate the ending but like the series)
#2: The city design
#3: The politics (although not touched on much) -- basically the setting (nations, landsape, etc.)

I guess I was expecting a decent story and instead got a set of depressing inter-dependant relationships between characters that I found hard to have sympathy for or have empathy for.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:57   Link #626
arcadeplayer987

Astro Boy was awfull
Old 2007-07-04, 01:39   Link #627
Kenshigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
Astro Boy was awfull

The origional manga astro boy is a classic!!!
Old 2007-07-04, 06:38   Link #628
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Either that or they fall into the "don't get it" group. Some people hate Shakespeare, Douglas Adams, and Kurt Vonnegut (not that I'm implying anime is a grand masterpiece but sometimes people say something stinks because *they* don't understand it and it makes them insecure).
What one person considers a poetic masterpiece, another person considers pretentious gibberish. What one person considers excellent dialogue-driven drama, another person considers slow moving and boring. What one person considers to be a fun action show, another person considers a juvenile waste of time.

You can't say that they hate it as much as they do just because "they don't get it and it makes them feel insecure". Its very (and I do mean VERY) rarely fair to point to that. People have different tastes in what classifies as good entertainment. That means that whatever the classic literature community may think of Shakespeare, there's going to be people that think that his style of story telling is garbage for whatever reason and don't think that he deserves half of the credit that he gets as a writer. That doesn't make them insecure or too dumb to understand, it doesn't even mean that they haven't browsed fanfiction sites and seen truly terrible story telling before, that just means that they really didn't enjoy his work and strongly disagree with the widely accepted opinion that Hamlet is a masterpiece. The same deal applies to Evangelion, Ranma, and any other anime that's widely accepted as a classic.

Personally, as I stated earlier, I HATE Excel Saga and Serial Experiments Lain. I don't care if its showing up in people's top 10 list, that doesn't make Excel Saga's sense of humor any less irritating, and it doesn't make Lain's characters any more likable or its dialogue any less drowsiness-inducing. That doesn't make me insecure, it just means that I watched them and I really didn't like them. And I've watched several anime that are widely considered to be the bottom of the barrel, including Reign, and several C-shows that went relatively unnoticed, i.e. Kagehime, and I still find Lain and Excel Saga to be two of my least favorite shows ever.
Old 2007-07-04, 16:33   Link #629
russian_ninja

hamtaro should have never been released anywhere, especially the United States.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:07   Link #630
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
What one person considers a poetic masterpiece, another person considers pretentious gibberish. What one person considers excellent dialogue-driven drama, another person considers slow moving and boring. What one person considers to be a fun action show, another person considers a juvenile waste of time.

You can't say that they hate it as much as they do just because "they don't get it and it makes them feel insecure". Its very (and I do mean VERY) rarely fair to point to that. People have different tastes in what classifies as good entertainment. That means that whatever the classic literature community may think of Shakespeare, there's going to be people that think that his style of story telling is garbage for whatever reason and don't think that he deserves half of the credit that he gets as a writer. That doesn't make them insecure or too dumb to understand, it doesn't even mean that they haven't browsed fanfiction sites and seen truly terrible story telling before, that just means that they really didn't enjoy his work and strongly disagree with the widely accepted opinion that Hamlet is a masterpiece. The same deal applies to Evangelion, Ranma, and any other anime that's widely accepted as a classic.

Personally, as I stated earlier, I HATE Excel Saga and Serial Experiments Lain. I don't care if its showing up in people's top 10 list, that doesn't make Excel Saga's sense of humor any less irritating, and it doesn't make Lain's characters any more likable or its dialogue any less drowsiness-inducing. That doesn't make me insecure, it just means that I watched them and I really didn't like them. And I've watched several anime that are widely considered to be the bottom of the barrel, including Reign, and several C-shows that went relatively unnoticed, i.e. Kagehime, and I still find Lain and Excel Saga to be two of my least favorite shows ever.
Well if more people expressed themselves like you then people like Vexx would accept that, however that ain't the case...most people who diss shows others find to be intellectually challeging do so in such a juvenile or immature way it makes people think they just lack the evolution of thought it takes to understand some of the deeper expressive points about something like Lain for example...It's all about how you express yourself and if you say "This boring $hit stinks, no action..They talk too much..," then prepare for deeper thinkers to discount that as an elementary way of looking at things...Now this isn't absolute, but sometimes it's easy to get a sense of whose dissing from an area of coherency and whose dissing from lack of mental fortitude...
Old 2007-07-07, 06:00   Link #631
CoyoteNL

Pokemon, Beyblade, Digimon, B-Damon (or whatever it's called), there are so many.

Plus Love Love. That...THING...needs to be buried. At the bottom of the sea... with cement poured over it.
Old 2007-07-07, 06:01   Link #632
2Fang
The Korean Hybrid

Love Hina was shocking along with Elfen Lied. Both terrible.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:28   Link #633
Noyemi K
PC-8801 Fetishist
*Artist

Naruto- not real ninjas
B- Daman= copious toy play that sucks
Beyblade= same as above
Evangelion= the end tried to copy Ideon but failed
Inuyasha= never really finished a plot/ ran with one plot too long (also is at my #3 most hated spot)

EDIT: MAR sucks something awful due to the tired plot and utterly unimaginative character designs.
And let's not forget Digimon.... it was okay when I was, what, 6 years old and didn't know a good show when it bit me in my a$$.
Pokemon.... god, his name is Red for corn's sake!! not ash... and I'm tired of all those godforsaken new seasons... JUST GO THE HELL AWAY!! DAMN!!!
Old 2007-07-07, 14:49   Link #634
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
To be fair I thought that the first three seasons of Pokémon and the first two seasons of Digimon were excellent and exciting. Then things just went downhill faster than Haruhi having the ability to time travel.

I tried to watch Pokémon DP (and I actually watched 5 episodes) but everything just leaves my brain. Pokémon did have some good movies, such as the one with Celebi. But right now, whatever season it's at, it should be used as a frisbee. Sure new anime fans might like it, but for me, the plot lacks originality. They did try by adding competitions and contests, but it's still Ash and Brock travelling around with a girl, they always fight, Team Rocket's always there trying to capture Pikachu, Brock still hits on Joy/Jenny, and Ash is still being a dumbass starting over with new Pokémon every season and being as weak as balls.
Old 2007-07-08, 08:58   Link #635
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
1. Anime which developed kiddy games (Beyblade, Bdaman or whatever its called, Crush Gear, etc).

2. SD Gundam Force - Ruins every other Gundam out there

3. Hamtaro - Only the hamster is cute

4. Naruto - Dragging... Too dragging. It has like 489234738907438902472389074 filler episodes

5. Inuyasha - Will this ever reach a season to end this?

Personally, I think that most animes which are very long suck because of fillers and crappy storyline (with the exception of One Piece and Hunter X... Yes, Bleach included)
Old 2007-07-08, 19:55   Link #636
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Doki Doki High School Hours and Lucky Star.

DDHSH is a boring, repetitive, uncreative, predictable anime and has the most hallow character personalities I have seen in a very long time. I cannot remember the last time I have seen any show, regardless of whether or not it was animated, with so many cliché characters and recycled jokes.

Lucky Star is not so much bad as it is boring. Throwing it around with people out a sunny afternoon is about as much fun I can have with the series. Another year, another mediocre over-hyped anime.
Old 2007-07-08, 21:31   Link #637
daehan87

I really hated Samurai Deeper Kyo and GetBackers....and the oh so disappointing Dragon Ball GT....geez that sucks
Old 2007-07-08, 22:15   Link #638
Picklebrew

Elfen Leid was gratingly cliche, but not nearly as bad as another horrendous anime: Meine Liebe (and Meine Liebe Weider.) Both of those are abjectly awful.
Old 2007-07-09, 09:46   Link #639
Windspirit

Most disappointing anime ? Certainly Madlax.

What makes it lame is that it really wants to be serious, but it's just lame and stupid and dumb and everything. THe best way to enjoy Madlax is to think of it as a parody of the most clichéd american thriller storylines. Even though it was NEVER intended to be a parody...

I don't consider Pokemon, Digimon, Battle B-Daman, Beyblade and other crap as "animes", by the way.
Old 2007-07-09, 10:09   Link #640
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by daehan87 View Post
I really hated Samurai Deeper Kyo and GetBackers....and the oh so disappointing Dragon Ball GT....geez that sucks
ah yea, Samurai Deeper Kyo should be burned, then thrown into the sun then nuked with a million SUPER megaton nukes but saying that the manga pwns, its like the complete opposite

same should happen to DB GT too, I want those hours spent watching that crap back!!!

also Neon Genesis Evangelion was a watse of my time too, didn't like it.