AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 18:18   Link #1781
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I just read Chapter 5's summary and this novel just keeps getting better/stranger.

It's a really good thing GW had multiple script-writers or Sumisawa may have torpedoed the entire series himself.
Old 2011-01-01, 18:21   Link #1782
wingzerosnuggles

It would have become the Treize show. xD 49 episodes of hot tub action.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 18:25   Link #1783
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
It would have become the Treize show. xD 49 episodes of hot tub action.
Don't forget about roses, capes and soliloquies.
Old 2011-01-01, 18:50   Link #1784
wingzerosnuggles

True that.

Oh look, someone did a fan coloring of Evil!Relena.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2011-01-01, 19:21   Link #1785
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
True that.

Spoiler for size:
That's good work.
Old 2011-01-01, 19:47   Link #1786
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
True that.

Spoiler for size:
/rightclick+save

Nice find!
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 19:57   Link #1787
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
True that.

Spoiler for size:
Whoa. Now THAT is Relena's hair colour. LOL. Bloody good job, whoever did that. 5/5

I think Kitsoru's analysis makes sense the most. So it was Relena Peacecraft, claiming to be Zechs Marquise, and then when she takes off the mask, she's Relena Peacecraft? Just like when Zechs Marquise [AC], took off the mask, he's Milliardo Peacecraft? Is that what you meant? LOL sorry if it isn't, that was 3 pages I missed out on so I read all the posts a bit too fast. But, if it's the mask that qualifies you to call yourself a Zechs Marquise, and that when you take it off, you're back to your previous name--I actually like that.

Anyway, if she WERE Zechs Marquise on a mask, and Relena Peacecraft without it, and Milliardo Peacecraft is dead, there's still a "blonde" fella standing behind somewhere [and "it's Zechs Marquise!"], isn't there? And there's still a Relena Darlian out there, right? Then again Bloom sees Relena Peacecraft and yet claims she's Relena Darlian, thus making Nanashi go WTF.

And me... go WTF.

God, any way I try to make sense of it, I still end up thinking there are two of each Peacecraft siblings.
Old 2011-01-01, 20:11   Link #1788
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Did I just read FT's chap 5 summary or some weird shit DBZ fanfic? A hot chick training you? In a gravity chamber? With bananas? HUH? At least he didn't have to catch a monkey.

Behold! The Manipulative Order Build and Industrial Labors Extended Suit, Sheherazade!
Spoiler for it even has a cape!:
LOL. Yeah when I was reading the summary, instead of imagining Bloom and Nanashi, Bulma and Goku kept appearing in my head! HAHA.

And OMG yes! Allen Schezar's Scherhazade! I kept thinking of that too when I read Quatre's MS being Shehera-wut? Whatever. Almost the same. LOL. Also, the first time I saw Allen and Marlene's lovechild [Prince Shid, is it?], I thought he looked like a 10 y/o Quatre. xD
Old 2011-01-01, 20:59   Link #1789
Kitsoru

@MichaelKnight That's not quite what I meant, BUT that does make sense... I guess we'll see ^^; I'm as confused as you are, honestly.
Old 2011-01-01, 23:39   Link #1790
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Well, it's part of his character. He's a rude douchebag!
As macchafrap PM'd me, I chose the incorrect word. It was kisama that she has translated as bitch. Either way, case and point in my defense, the G pilots are not potty mouthed sailors.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 10:59   Link #1791
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Isn't Wu Fei the pilots' potty mouth? From what I've heard, that is.
Anyway, I stumbled upon something interesting regarding the characters' names and I wanted to ask someone with an actual grasp on the Japanese language, seeing as it might help me out with something. My gripe lies with Middie Une, Lady Une and the possible relation between them. Because you don't just give two characters the same last name without there being something.

This is an excerpt of the GW Perfect Archives Series, which lists most if not all numerical themed characters' names.

If one looks closely Lady Une is listed as being derived from the French word for one, 'un', and as far as I can tell the Japanese also pronounce and write it as 'un' (like in nun). Yes, this is no news. What gets me is the romanization of her name. Clearly, 'une' is pronounced 'oon' and not 'un', which stylistically makes sense because the Lady is a lady but is wrong in phonetic terms. My question is simple; would the Japanese write 'une' and 'un' the same way or could there be a difference? As in, could it be Middie Une and Lady Un?
I really wish I had a raw copy of Ep0, alas it isn't the case... It bugs me because this would be a rather glaring hint if they do indeed share the same name. I have no clue how they could be related though.
also lol, Tsubarov derives from zwölf and Trant from trente?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
And OMG yes! Allen Schezar's Scherhazade! I kept thinking of that too when I read Quatre's MS being Shehera-wut? Whatever. Almost the same. LOL. Also, the first time I saw Allen and Marlene's lovechild [Prince Shid, is it?], I thought he looked like a 10 y/o Quatre. xD
lol same here! The little prince (whose name is a wonderful play on the word cheat ) looks like a carbon copy of Quatre. And Allen could pass for an adult Quatre with long hair (or Zechs). Both blond, blue-eyed, gallant fencing masters with mechas with swords and billowing capes. And now their suits even share the same name. That's cool. Although I don't like the guy I like the suit. Considering what kind of crap Quatre has been coming up with I'm glad he didn't name it Aladdin xD

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-01-02 at 17:38. Reason: wording
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 13:02   Link #1792
Kitsoru

Well, the fact that the book itself points out a connection between Middie and Lady, and yet refuses to say what it is, is enough of an obvious hint that there is one either way.

That said, huh. I'd always pegged Une to be a reference to 11 somehow. I pronounce it Uhn, not Oon... And I'm fairly certain both the Japanese AND English dub pronounced it that way as well. I'd check but my DVD's are all at school...

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-01-02 at 13:54.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:25   Link #1793
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Okay, so I tried making a coherent timeline out of everything we've learned so far to hopefully answer a few questions. Needless to say, I'm more confused now than before.

First problem is the first/next/second winter crap. Taken all the info we're given into account, mainly that one Mars year is almost double as long as an Earth year, I'm guessing it goes like this: MC (Mars time) 0022 (Mars year) First Winter (Earth season).
Meaning one Mars year has eight seasons, first spring/summer/autumn/winter and second spring/summer/autumn/winter. The reason the present is referred to as Next Winter could be just another description for second one and/or because it is the current one. Let's just roll with that, okay? Under this premise the events are as follows:

MC - 0021 First Winter:

- Relena is kept frozen at Relena City
- Milliardo Peacecraft is Mars' current president (for whatever reason)
- Milliardo Peacecraft is assassinated by No-Name (for whatever reason)
- No-Name joins Doktor T and Katrine and meets with Professor W who then all together watch Milliardo's funeral
- a young man with shades appears behind the mourning Peacecraft (?) family on the broadcast
- Catherine starts training No-Name for 500+ days (almost a Mars year?), they supposedly head for Earth (which would take 365 days)

At some point Relena is defrosted. Faulty, which has her go bad.

MC - 0022 First Spring: In the novel it says Second Spring. This doesn't make sense, so I'll pretend it's a typo like Zechs being older than Treize >_>

- Relena Peacecraft becomes Mars' new president, sporting a zechsy helmet
- Catherine and No-Name get called back because of this (if they are somewhere around Earth it would take them 365~ days to get back)

Catherine at this point calls Relena Darlian instead of Peacecraft. Considering she's been away she may not know Relena has gone evil yet. The ones to call her back obviously know though.

MC - 0022 First Winter:

- Catherine and No-Name are still heading back to Mars, finally entering its orbit, and they meet Katrine on the way, who's acting odd.

Time for a little math. If my assumption is correct one 'Mars season' ought to last about 86 days (687/8). Multiplied with four (first spring/summer/autumn/winter) it gives us 344 days. It takes Cathrine and No-Name one year (365 days) to get back, aye? So that Second Spring up there ought to be First Spring. Otherwise it's not making sense unless they count backwards.

MC - 0022 Next Winter: okay, this is f***ed up. either a whole year passed, or not

- Operation Mythos commences
- Snow White and Warlock are completed and shipped off to Wu Fei with Kathy (?)
- Katrine steals the incomplete Prometheus and runs off
- Trowa F. Phobos goes after Katrine
- Heero is defrosted and takes off with Duo Jr. to chase after Katrine, too
- they all meet in a desert

Now, there are a number of things that aren't making sense (haha, understatement of the new year).

First, the dates. If it goes MC 0021 first spring/summer/etc and then MC 0021 second spring/summer/etc and then MC 0022 first spring/blabla I have to assume that 'Second Spring 0022' is a typo by Sumisawa. If my assumptions are correct it would mean that two (or three) Earth years have passed since Milliardo was offed, and more than one Earth year since Relena was defrosted up until Heero is thawed. Meaning Trowa F. Phobos started his 500~ days training with Catherine sometime around Second Summer 0021 (give or take a few seasons, as he trains with Triton, too).
But if I take it all literally the calendar must go like this: MC 0021 first spring/second spring, first summer/second summer, etc. meaning two years pass between Relena's and Heero's defrosting, making Relena nineteen. Um, lol? It would explain why the current time is given as Next Winter but it would also mean that Trowa F. Phobos took his sweet time hauling his ass back to Mars, namely 430+ days. Plus, Relena doesn't look like she's nineteen. So yeah, any suggestions?

Next thing is this:
Quote:
So, our narrator shoots Peacecraft right between the wrinkled eye(brows if you want to get literal) and hides out in the airducts for a week. Finally, he comes out cuz its either die in the ducts or die on the dirt. He wants to see Phobos again or maybe it was Deimos, which is also apparently called FROZEN FUCKING TEARDROP!... so the dirt it is. BUT NATURALLY, there is a young girl named Katrine Wood Winner in freaking GOGGLES out there to serenade him with "Sheherazade" on the violin along with her guardian Doktor T.
[...]
So Nanashi goes with Doktor T and Katrine after the doctor explains that Milliardo Peacecraft died at the end of the Eve Wars in AC195 and he ain't got nothing to lose.
...didn't he just shoot him? In the head? HUH? Is this another 'his name is Heero Yuy, named after the great pacifist leader Heero Yuy' thing? It doesn't make sense though, because the guy was obviously old and Noin's hubby. Or at least supposed to be. Unless Noin had an affair with Zechs while being married to some old fart called Milliardo Peacecraft. ...okay, no more Escaflowne refs. Argh, the timeline already messed me up. I ain't making sense anymore. *brain fries*
Bah, you already lost me at 'Milliardo Peacecraft became Mars' first president' anyway. lolwut? Make the guy who tried to destroy Earth your leader instead of sentencing him to death?
Then again, he does die like three times. First at the siege of Cinq, then in the Eve Wars destroying Libra and then again on Mars after being shot by No-Name (because...?). Quite the Lazarus we got here. On that note, isn't the dude that is supposed to be the real Zechs standing at the back silver-haired? Anywayz.

I only got one word: confuuuuusing~
Old 2011-01-02, 15:27   Link #1794
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

It's confusing, but not necessarily in an "Omg what could it be!!???" kind of way, but just confusing :s
Just alone having about 4 Catherines in one series (two of which are alive and interacting) is... blah.

i'm still as confused as you are, the only thing I guess I can comment on is Zechs' hair- it's so light, I've more often than not heard it described as "platinum" instead of blonde. So "silver" is probably just another way of saying that. Or, are we sure the word is actually literally "silver" anyways in the text?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
At some point Relena is defrosted. Faulty, which has her go bad.
this made me laugh, it sounds as if she'd gone off. Like.... milk xD

edit: but wait, we are sort of sure there is only ONE physical body of her, right? Are we? Sorry, I got so confused...
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 16:48   Link #1795
Kitsoru

@IkuzeMinna ILU. I was just about to post that someone should write out a timeline of everything that's happened in the novel so far... You read my mind.

Now, if we can just timeline out the AC pre-series stuff....

And yeah, I'm certain that the thing with Zechs/Milliardo's hair is just in how you translate the word being used for platinum blonde. As for the 'Milliardo died in 195', it's alll about the symbolic deaths in Wing, of course.
Old 2011-01-02, 16:58   Link #1796
Elo the Blue

Great work on the timeline Ikuze!
Old 2011-01-02, 17:57   Link #1797
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks, Elo. I really pity macchafrap who has to not only make sense of this but also translate it coherently. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Now, if we can just timeline out the AC pre-series stuff....
Are you offering? lol I'm not subjecting myself to this madness again. Heck, if it's up to me, Angelina never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
It's confusing, but not necessarily in an "Omg what could it be!!???" kind of way, but just confusing :s
Just alone having about 4 Catherines in one series (two of which are alive and interacting) is... blah.
You know, I'm this close to calling Katrine/Katherine/Catherine/Quatrine/however her name is spelled 'Quatre with boobs' just to keep them apart. Because, let's face it, Quatre got gender bent xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
this made me laugh, it sounds as if she'd gone off. Like.... milk xD

edit: but wait, we are sort of sure there is only ONE physical body of her, right? Are we? Sorry, I got so confused...
First of all LOL! If Relena is anything like sour milk then of course she's unpleasant xD
And yes, if we go by my take there is only one Relena, who also got defrosted only once. Begs the question why the heck they waited 20 something years to do so. *shrug* Well, it did come in handy when Milliardo was offed and they were looking for a new president.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:08   Link #1798
wingzerosnuggles

Well, "same spelling as mother's name" and considering Quatre was also named after his mommy, I'm leaning toward Quatrine. Also keeps with the series's obsession with numbers.

EDIT: As for Relena, I wonder if she knew she was going to turn evil or if there's any trace of her former self in there. "You had better hold me now, because thirty years from now I am going to be brainwashed and evil. <3"

I also want more news on Sex and Groin Zechs and Noin.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:24   Link #1799
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Well, "same spelling as mother's name" and considering Quatre was also named after his mommy, I'm leaning toward Quatrine. Also keeps with the series's obsession with numbers.

EDIT: As for Relena, I wonder if she knew she was going to turn evil or if there's any trace of her former self in there. "You had better hold me now, because thirty years from now I am going to be brainwashed and evil. <3"

I also want more news on Sex and Groin Zechs and Noin.
"Sex and Groin"...

Nice sketches. No-Name's cap makes me laugh every time I see it for some reason.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:32   Link #1800
wingzerosnuggles

Sex and Groin is a joke from this icon. Brilliant observation by the person who made it.

Skytyne made the sketches. Definitely stalking her on DA to see if she comes up with more. This novel may not make a lot of sense but it's causing a lot of unintended hilarity. That cap is ridiculous. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to more from Asagi.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing