Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 12:48   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
You might want something like this: http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm
They let you draw on the screen, just like a tablet pc, but this can be plugged into any computer.
Zalas, that's also a full monitor.

Something like this(http://www.wacom.com/graphire/6x8.cfm) would probably be better.
I have one of these and it is a god send. It's easy to use and is alot more portable than
a monitor. For a cheaper alternative (I got mine cheap at a bankrupcy sale ) there is
also this(http://www.wacom.com/graphire/4x5.cfm).
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 13:03   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
In my digital animation class, using the program 'Toonz', we hand drew every frame and scanned it into the computer for colouring, sequencing, layering, and rendering out into a digital movie file.

A similar method was used with the program Adobe Aftereffects in another class.

You are correct, though, that Wacom tablets could be used in this way, taking paper and pencil out of the process entirely.
That is exactly how the process works in Japan.

The genga process is done by pencil and paper on a tracebaord.
The genga then is transferred over to the douga process where they scan and colorize the frame with a computer. No more cels are used.

Tablets can be used to do this, but from my knowledge, there are no animation schools that teach the usage of drawing directly to computer via a tablet nor there are that many animation genga studios that would go to the expense of buying several computers for a genga artist (genga artists are paid very cheap and is at the bottom end of the animation hierarchy)
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 13:07   Link #23
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
You might want something like this: http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm
They let you draw on the screen, just like a tablet pc, but this can be plugged into any computer.
Woah!! now that looks promising. I love to try one of those. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 22:38   Link #24
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Help!~ Anyone know the steps to making an Anime?

Anyone know any good sites that thorougly explains the steps to making an Anime and having it broadcasted? Any help at all would be great. I need it for a paper >_<.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 13:26   Link #25
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Smile

I would also like some sites for a personal project im brainstorming on . Anywayz here is what i found:

http://www.huitula.com/productionIG2_page2.htm
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/interna...p02/index.html

To make a anime, I believe most people who create animes do a lot of brainstorming in the early process. Once they have their ideas together, they would then sketch their character designs, story board, etc. Most of these anime creators are proffesional animators, directors, and long time freelance writers. So, you would need a lot of experience with direction, production, and art. <- that is if you want to make a Anime that won't fail. In another sense, some directors and producers adapt manga into anime. For instance, in the anime Berserk, the creator was well known of his manga works.

Once a production of a anime is in work with a production team and developed its first few episodes, the producers can broadcast them on TV. Of course there are cost issues, man power, etc...I think your question is too general. Well actually, creating an anime is alot of work and there would be a lot of steps to take. There would be a lot to write about. Anywayz, I hope I helped out a bit.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:35   Link #26
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I wrote a whole bunch of things here and there on this forum from "animators are slaves are the bottom rung of society," "to how genga/douga process is carried over," etc. etc. Also, watching the anime Animation Runner Kuromi-chan is a good start to see how anime is made. Unfortunately, I can't post the links here as the search function is not working properly right now. But once it is working, feel free to do a search under my name to see what you can find.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:15   Link #27
Gundam Zero Force

Well there are many methods to making Anime . . . .many have ben posted already but here is my list . . .

1) Everything drawn . . . the old way
2) Characters drawn digital paint and effects most of the time
3) Completley digital, eveything from the characters to the backgrounds . .
4) CG . . .. MAYA can make an object anime style and pretty much it turns your CG Characters and objects into Anime . . . it is pretty cool, you just Toon shade your objects and add a few things to touch up.

As for how I make animation . . . . I draw the Characters, Scan, digital paint in After Effects, make 3D objects in Maya, and conposite it all back in after effects . . .

I just started though . . . it is time consuming but hey, it gives me something to do when free time arises when a long week of College ends
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 02:40   Link #28
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
This was a useful thread to happen upon.

For my senior art show coming up I've been wanting to do an illustration/seasonal/movement theme, and I thought it would be perfect to include a short animation or something along with the rest of the show. Currently I'm only in the planning stages with character designs and story... I'm a perfectionist so I'm afraid that alone will take forever.

All I know is that I want to go for a happy summer feel, with dramatic detailed backgrounds sort of like Makoto Shinkai's work. Or maybe I just got too inspired from watching his work recently along with the latest Higurashi MAD.

I remember reading Kj's posts about how horrible an animators job is in Japan. I'll have to search for that again, wont I...

But once I have the preliminary planning done, I'm assuming I should start working on the genga? I've never tried animating before so I only have a general idea of what to do.
Would I be using tracing paper, and changing the movements of a certain scene slightly with each paper to suggest movement then?

I'm not really asking for answers, as it just helps me to get out my ideas in words.

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 17:49   Link #29
echorev

anime creation groups !!

i'm not sure if this is the wrong section but I wanted to post this somewhere...

where are all the anime projects ?? if you do a quick search online, you will find hundreds of video game projects made by hobbyists, coders, musicians, artists, but I haven't found a single anime project that people have tried to make?

is anime too hard for a hobbyist group online to make ? i can't see how it would be harder than an MMO, and there are many groups trying to make those.

i've always been interested in trying to write music for animes, or any types of animation, but now that I search I can't find any !!

thanks for any help related to this topic
echorev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 18:32   Link #30
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One of the problems is that it takes rather a large number of frames to create an anime. For a rough idea an anime normally runs for 25 minutes = 1,500 seconds, which at 30 frames per second = 45,000 frames.

It takes a while to create that number of frames, even if you use a number of short-cuts it's rather labour intensive. It's not impossible, take Voices of a Distant Star by Makoto Shinkai for example.

Plus there is the issue of return for investment. It seems easier to get some monetary reward by creating and selling a game than selling an anime (which is not that surprising really).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 20:06   Link #31
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

i think they explain how it gets done in detail in one of the arcs of Paranoia Agent...
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 22:42   Link #32
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu^ View Post
i think they explain how it gets done in detail in one of the arcs of Paranoia Agent...
You're actually right, but an even equally good example is found in GoldenBoy around the final couple of episodes...They breakdown the entire anime making process aswell...
Old 2018-03-30, 23:11   Link #33
AnimeFan188

What Software Is Used In Anime Production?:

"Now, this is far from an exhaustive list, but most anime companies vary surprisingly
little when it comes to their choices of production software. It typically goes as
follows:

For most of the grunt work of animation, nearly the entire industry relies on the
RETAS Studio Suite. This is a suite of applications by Japanese company CELSYS that
is similar, but not quite the same as Toon Boom Animation Studio, which is used often
in the US. RETAS! PRO has four components. The first is Stylos HD, which uses a
Wacom tablet to quickly draw vector line art and then compile each frame into a pre-
set sequence. Since the software works well over a network, this allows different
teams in different countries to work on key frames and in-betweens, and for
animation directors and checkers to send notes back for tweaking. In-betweens can
also be made very quickly by averaging frames and then tweaking the lines. The
program also takes care of most of the organizational work of figuring out what cuts
are at what state of production automatically. For animators who prefer to work on
paper, there's also an app called TraceMan HD, which optimizes the chore of scanning
in and vectorizing paper line art.

Once the line art is done, it's time for coloring, and for that there's PaintMan HD.
Paintman is mostly a very streamlined Bucket-tool app, and has many of the features
of Photoshop as well -- such as gradients and alpha-channels -- though for more
specialized special effects work, Adobe Photoshop is used here too. Finally, the
finished sequences are dumped into a compositing app to combine the cel sequences
with the backgrounds, and choreograph each with the intended camera motion. The
app in RETAS! PRO is called CoreRETAS, and it's come a long way in recent years, with
easy ways to do common anime things like panning cels and moving the camera along
a large background layer. However, more advanced techniques require plug-ins,
and/or the old-standby 800 pound gorilla of the motion graphics world, Adobe After
Effects. Many of the plug-ins are proprietary and developed directly for the industry. If
there's 3D work, most of that is done in 3-D Studio Max or occasionally Maya, again,
with proprietary plug-ins, which also gets added to the composition."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ans...-03-30/.129615
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote