AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-27, 21:20   Link #201
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder if we'll have an Orange for season 2 just like Code Geass. Maybe Senator Figaro could be revived as Cyborg Moses. That would be awesome
Old 2013-06-27, 21:20   Link #202
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
It is good that Saki didn't say yes. Because the reason he wanted to marry her is because he wants to take responsibility. And a marriage based on pity wont last long.
That's not pitying her, that is being a man and taking responsibility. They both like each other, so it wouldn't be completely devoid of love.

That is how it should happen in real life too, not just in anime. The man takes responsibility for his actions if he accidentally knocks up a girl instead of just abandoning her and running off with some other girl.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:22   Link #203
Irenesharda

OH...MY...GOSH....

This episode literally took my breath away. All the reveals, all the carnage, all the mayhem....just wow...

Cain finally showed his hand, and how! Slaughtering students left and right, using poison gas, he is serious about this. L-elf expected Cain, but we find that despite this, he still is not prepared for the onslaught of his former teacher and master. And if L-elf is scared, you had best be too.

Haruto joins up with L-elf after Cain literally kicks their buts. However, it is only when Akira takes her place as the last of the Valvrave pilots that things take a turn for the better. Well, that is until Cain truly reveals his hand. It seems VVV2 is an unfinished Valvrave, but all it needed was the missing piece that was the green crystal in his birdcage. This crystal becomes the AI entity known as "Blue", who is not only the angry shadowed image behind VVV-tan ("Red"?), but is also her elder brother, and has a hatred for humans. And for the first time, his activation, allows "VVV-tan" to speak!

Going back to Akira, we find that her agoraphobia, is a result of her being violently bullied in school (what is it with Japanese anime schools that they allow bullying of this intensity and blatancy?). Through a conversation with her, Shoko, and her brother, and then Shoko being knocked out by the oncoming drill, Akira finally finds the courage to come forth from out of the shadows in order to protect her friend. She becomes the pilot of VVV6, which seems to have the ability of "hacking" any object it touches with it's staff.

Akira is the only one able to stop the drill, just as it reaches the school, as the other 3 Valvraves have been put out of commission by Q-4 and X-1.

Saki is another amazing plot point in this episode, as we get another future shot of her with a young boy who happens to look like a wide-eyed version of L-elf! Is this her son? Is it L-elf and not Haruto that she gets together with? Was it their family photo that was in her locket and did she make her promise too him some 14 years before the last flash forward and 11 years before this one? And if so, how does he become an immortal? And if he is then that means he's not dead, so what's going on?

Also, we see that this is 3 years before the last flash forward, and the 3rd Galactic Reich has taken over the galaxy. She speaks of "The Founder" and how he was first fighting for "Module 77" in those days, and the first time he had contact with a Magius. Is the Founder Haruto? L-elf? I'm guessing the "Magius" she's referring to is Cain, but that's not clear, though we do notice that she where's the Magius symbol on her thigh.

And who are the Magius? Well, it looks as if we are delving into the "secret society that runs everything" trope, as we learn that not only Cain, but also BOTH world leaders, as well as the Fuhrer's council, are also also Magius. and that they basically run the world. Well, I can honestly say that I didn't expect that.

Haruto and his fellow pilots aren't as unique as they thought, and Haruto is a "third generation" according to Cain, and he doesn't seem too impressed. Speaking of Haruto, Saki of course denies his proposal, saying that she is an idol and is above all that, and that sexual assault is something that an idol has to live with. However, even naive Haruto sees that it's a front, and we can see that Saki is trembling from emotional pain inside her cockpit. Now whether that's because she loves Haruto, but knows that what's happened between them will only cause them misery, or because she is remembering that night, or a little bit of both? That is up for interpretation.

Well, back to the Magius, we can see they are somewhat magical vampires, as Cain speaks a spell or chant over himself to create the green bubble he uses to break into the room with VVV2. A-drei (who it seems is through with L-elf's noncooperation) and H-neun (who it seems honestly just really wanted to share tea with Kriemhild) as well as L-elf and Haruto witness his powers and discover that he is in fact not human but Magius vampire. He can use Blue to power any Valvrave he wants so, it's possible that it's the entity that allows you to pilot and not the machine. So if Haruto's vehicle was destroyed, he could, in all possibility take out VVV-tan's "crystal" and place it into another frame and create a new Valvrave!

I can hardly wait for next season, a whole 3 months or so away. This show looks like it can easily become Sunrise's next franchise. It's obvious that the Magius win and take over the galaxy, but we need to see how it is that they get there. What troubles will Haruto and his friend come across along the way? What is the nature of the 3rd Galactic Reich?

Oh, I have never hoped for October to come so soon! I give this episode a 9.98/10, only because I hoped for some named characters to die. Yet, with Cain with a Valvrave of his own, I think that the students of Module 77 aren't out of the woods yet.

I give this season a 9/10. It kept me highly entertained, and even with some rather ridiculous moments, I know I've found a keeper. I'll be awaiting the second season with high anticipation.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-27, 21:22   Link #204
~BC~

Quote:
That's not pitying her, that is being a man and taking responsibility.
He wasn't responsible for what happened. That's why Saki refused. In her eyes at least, he's as much a victim as she is.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:22   Link #205
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Cain stole 02
For all we know it could be his and he is retrieving his property.
Quote:
Have we even seen Unit 07 yet?
Nope, so far Golden Seven is all that was hinted, for all we know they could make a not-Valvrave comparable to the other six. For some reason the custom Jinrai and Apparition from Linebarrels of Iron come to mind....

Now that I think of it you guys think that the other Valvraves will have those gold plates on their armor like VVV4 in the flash forward? If so you think it will be done to prevent over heating? Because that does some logical.
Quote:
You were fine lol
YOU HEAR THAT CHRIS GUANCHE?

Seriously, thank you KxG. I thought I'd at least get some flak for being on the "it was not rape" side of the ep 10 debacle, but this is better than I expected.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:23   Link #206
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
L-Elf is going to beat Cain in the end, I want to see Cain's f#$% up face!

Also A-Drei want L-Elf's eye! He one crazy bastard. VVV-chan "Onii-chan" is cute

@blackwhite key word: first
He's so yandere.

So? That doesn't mean anything. If she was really a descendant then she would have said "them" instead of "us."

I think we're miscommunicating. How are you interpreting that phrase to assume that this Saki is a descendant?
Old 2013-06-27, 21:28   Link #207
Key Board
Carbon

the Magius in the context that future Saki speaks of refers to the shadow government of the present time

as Cain put it, those that manipulate the world from behind the shadows

the president of ARUS and fuhrer of Dorsia are also part of this group
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 21:28   Link #208
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That's not pitying her, that is being a man and taking responsibility. They both like each other, so it wouldn't be completely devoid of love.

That is how it should happen in real life too, not just in anime. The man takes responsibility for his actions if he accidentally knocks up a girl instead of just abandoning her and running off with some other girl.
Haruto's proposal, right out of gate confessed that he only willing to marry Saki because he raped her

For "responsibility" my ass, even I can propose to a girl better than that

Well hopefully next proposal, Haruto can truly fell in love with Saki.

@blackwhite that "us" she is referring is her and that boy and that boy is definitely not one of the Valvrave pilot.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:31   Link #209
Key Board
Carbon

I agree, as I've said before

if Saki accepted the proposal things would end up much less than ideal for her and Haruto

by refusing the proposal she has

gained a lot of karma points
created an event that will be in Haruto's head for a lingering time
set up the theatricals for a possible 2nd proposal

sure Haruto loves Shoko, but feelings are not static. He is becoming less and less the Haruto that Shoko knows and becoming more of Haruto, first of the founders.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 21:32   Link #210
blackwhite67
Banned

What is with these evil cult-like organizations and their tendency to meet in ominous locations with even more ominous structures? A damn hole in the ocean on what I assume to be earth.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:32   Link #211
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Haruto's proposal, right out of gate confessed that he only willing to marry Saki because he raped her

Good news is that the proposal gives Saki a lot of karma points and makes her more likable. If the preview is true, then she could easily become one of the most important characters in the entire series. Anyone who has the guts to go up against Cain with a gun in their hand deserves a lot of props.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:33   Link #212
Sakuratsuki

Quote:

That is how I Interpreted the proposal also

It is logical why Saki said no. That is why I like her even more now.

And about the kid who says he is the son of Saki?
Old 2013-06-27, 21:34   Link #213
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep 12:

So she refused....
That's my question too
Old 2013-06-27, 21:40   Link #214
Key Board
Carbon

remember that it's been 200 years

it's probably her descendant rather than her child

Assuming vampires can even reproduce
Old 2013-06-27, 21:47   Link #215
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
remember that it's been 200 years

it's probably her descendant rather than her child

Assuming vampires can even reproduce
It doesn't matter what we think about that kid. We can never guess it right till october 2013. Because let us face it: even if he looks like L-elf it doens't mean that he is the son of Saki or some descendant of Saki.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is not related to Saki at all. Sunrise could take this story the way it wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademolix View Post
Well most of our speculations will probably be off, but we will do it anyway. Its interesting to read others thoughts on the series. Might as well kill time waiting for season 2 to start.
Let us start now . Well what is your theorie on that kid?
Old 2013-06-27, 21:51   Link #216
ademolix

Well most of our speculations will probably be off, but we will do it anyway. Its interesting to read others thoughts on the series. Might as well kill time waiting for season 2 to start.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:56   Link #217
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

LOL Shoko has plot armor almost as good as being a vampire. Everyone near the drill? Breathed poison gas and died. Shoko? No poison gas to be found.

And my first impression of the kid was, "Haruto and L-Elf had a child together?! Damn, talk about putting more fuel to the BL fire XD" Then I realized its 200 years in the future, so it makes sense if at some point Haruto's and L-Elf's children got together, them being heroes of that war and all.

So I wonder, will Cain turncoat or something? Or Cain has been on the 'good side' all along and that the Valvrave pilots will join him once they learn the truth?

As for Saki's rejection, god dammit, I wish she accepted it as THAT would have been the death knell for the SakiXHaruto ship. But noo, she had to reject this 'wrong' proposal, of which makes it even more likely that the 'right' proposal will be made in the future.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-06-27, 21:56   Link #218
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Don't you people think that after the declaration of independence, Saki is eating up Shoko's spotlight? In the preview for season 2 we see every main characters but Shoko, we don't even know if Shoko have said something in preview.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:59   Link #219
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Don't you people think that after the declaration of independence, Saki is eating up Shoko's spotlight? In the preview for season 2 we see every main characters but Shoko, we don't even know if Shoko have said something in preview.
Shouko is the prime minister. She doesn't need to say anything. She just has to sit there and look awesome.
I have an idea of what might happen to her but it doesn't sound like Okouchi's style tho. :/
Old 2013-06-27, 21:59   Link #220
Reality_Breaker

My prediction this anime is going to pull a Aquarion EVOL on us with the pairings and possibly the stories I guarantee it, Saki is going to be the next Zessica. :'(

Since this anime makes me feel like i'm watching Aquarion Evol all over again, I'll watch it but with low expectations for the ending.
Closed Thread