AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 14:11   Link #921
Iron Maw
Banned

I really doubt she's going to die before and all of the Jaegers do Soji. This doesn't really change my point since Esdese could have easily died first then her backstory told after. Flashbacks do not set anything in stone.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:16   Link #922
Soji

Iron Maw@ I don't say that. But if you don't see how the ch play out and the word said in the end. You can't really say this. We only say that this one seem more the set up for her deminse. That she die before some of the other jeaster or not. We still need to see.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:17   Link #923
Tenchi Hou Take

Like how everyone is solom over the new chapter, everything about Esdes character was a death flag, and considering how this story kis set up with villains and heroes dropping like flies it was obvious she wasn't going to be arc boss forever. Either way something was going to happen to her, either she change sides now, dies or is taken out of the story for a long period of time. This chapter doesn't doesn't rally change anything about either of those potential scenario's though if she were going to change sides it would require her to either lose her powers or get her ass kicked by a much stronger villain.

But either way her constant state of the embodiment of death flags hasn't changed. it simply means whatever is going to happen to her is gonna happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Iron Maw@ I don't say that. But if you don't see how the ch play out and the word said in the end. You can't really say this. We only say that this one seem more the set up for her deminse. That she die before some of the other jeaster or not. We still need to see.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:22   Link #924
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Like how everyone is solom over the new chapter, everything about Esdes character was a death flag, and considering how this story kis set up with villains and heroes dropping like flies it was obvious she wasn't going to be arc boss forever. Either way something was going to happen to her, either she change sides now, dies or is taken out of the story for a long period of time. This chapter doesn't doesn't rally change anything about either of those potential scenario's though if she were going to change sides it would require her to either lose her powers or get her ass kicked by a much stronger villain.

But either way her constant state of the embodiment of death flags hasn't changed. it simply means whatever is going to happen to her is gonna happen soon.
Agree. Although this ch really point out the thing even more. But honestly I can't see her change side especially after what we saw in this ch.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Tenchi Hou Take@ Well true....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-25 at 14:33.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:29   Link #925
Iron Maw
Banned

@Soji, It's true that I haven't read the chapter, but killing off Esdese now before most Jaegers sounds really silly from plot progression POV. Esdese is leader of Jaegers to begin with and the group isn't an official part of the Empire's military structure. This team was created with her initiative on request from the Emperor, so if she dies now then the group is finished. This breaks all the build up the author had setup with Jaeger being the counterparts of Nightraid.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:32   Link #926
Soji

Iron Maw@ To tell you the true. If Esdes really die I see the Jeaster become even more death set to kill NR.(if they are the one to kill her or the Jeaster think they are the one to blame)and if this happen I can see the PM gain them .Plus I'm pretty sure they have some one else to put in charge. Think about it for a second how much the Jeaster like Esdes if she die because NR will happen what I just say.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:34   Link #927
Tenchi Hou Take

Actually you just reminded me of her single life flag for her suriving beyond this arc, whatever that wing persons plan is, it's most probably not going to finished in this arc and Esdes will most probably see to some degree what that plan is and I don't really see Akame's sister dying in this arc either.

I could see her losing but not dying and in the end getting saved by her and then dissapearing for a bit. I mean unless this manga's going to end soon, which is not impossible there's going to have be another few sets of competant but also built up villains before the prime minister goes.

Quote:
Iron Maw@ To tell you the true. If Esdes really die I see the Jeaster become even more death set to kill NR.(if they are the one to kill her or the Jeaster think they are the one to blame)and if this happen I can see the PM gain them .Plus I'm pretty sure they have some one else to put in charge. Think about it for a second how much the Jeaster like Esdes if she die because NR will happen what I just say.
That would only work if someone else killed her, she's too far above her subordinates (even in character development) for her to be killed by the heroe's before her.
only Akame's sister and perhaps a small chance bird will die after her, if she is defeated by Night raid. Remember, kiling her pretty much wins the war, she has the same significance as the prime minister. Which a lot of people her seems to forget. Jaeger is useless as a organisation without her and the main villain is hugely weakened with her gone. unless a new more powerful villain is introduced she's going out near the end at least in regards to the Jaegers arc.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:44   Link #928
Iron Maw
Banned

@Soji: Again, Jaeger is Esdese's personal unit much like the Three Beasts were. Nobody else in the group has her ranking to keep them together after her death. If she, the so-called "Strongest in the Empire" fall to NR this early before most her men do, what confidence would the rest of Government have in people much weaker than her?

Like Tenchi pointed out, there's not much here to change her status from everyone other then simply fleshing out her character. This already happened many still living characters.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:47   Link #929
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I agree, killing her off this early before the war even started will off balance a great deal of things and make it rather boring without Esdese. If she is going to die which I am sure she will its going to be during the revolution. Final battle?

Maybe by that point Tatsumi will be strong enough to challenge her and kill her?
But in all honesty I do not see her being able to kill him if the final blow comes around, fight sure 1 v 1 but kill? I have my doubts and maybe he won't be able to do it either if it comes to to that.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:49   Link #930
Soji

Tenchi Hou Take ,Iron Maw @ Ok I get the point . The problem is how that would work out. I thought that Tiegu user vs Teigu user one will die. And because I cant see Tatsumi and Akame die in this one. This mean that they will not face again Esdes and Kurome(if we go with Tenchi Hou Take theory).I mean , is true that Tatsumi survive again Wawe but that one was not a fight...i mean Tatsumi was try to run away and not fight. So i don't think we see the rule broken there.

OverSeer@ Same here. Even after what will happen in the 3 meeting(that i still think will be the sink of the ship) I don't think she will really able to kill him easy. Though ,we still don't know how she will react on all the lie(even if he had not choice) and when she find out everything else.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:50   Link #931
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I also think Tatsumi will die during the final days of the war
Old 2012-06-25, 14:54   Link #932
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Tenchi Hou Take ,Iron Maw @ Ok I get the point . The problem is how that would work out. I thought that Tiegu user vs Teigu user one will die. And because I can see Tatsumi and Akame die in this one. This mean that they will not face again Esdes and Kurome(if we go with Tenchi Hou Take) theory.I mean , is true that Tatsumi survive again Wawe but that one was not a fight...i mean Tatsumi was try to run away and not fight. So i don't think we see the rule broken there.
TBF there's dozen's of way's it could turn out, the rule only says someone will die, there's a whole bunch of people in Jaeger and Nightraid that could die in such a confrontation.

Like I said Esdes death is equilavent to the prime minister's death for the rebellion, meanining unless a new more power villain is introduced who kills her, she's going out damn near last.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:00   Link #933
Iron Maw
Banned

Tatsumi also doesn't have to fight her now, If he did, he would be killed. As good as his progress has been it's not enough for such a battle.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:28   Link #934
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF there's dozen's of way's it could turn out, the rule only says someone will die, there's a whole bunch of people in Jaeger and Nightraid that could die in such a confrontation.

Like I said Esdes death is equilavent to the prime minister's death for the rebellion, meanining unless a new more power villain is introduced who kills her, she's going out damn near last.
I understand what you mean. Is was me to undersatnd wrong the rule. I thought that one will die from every battle. While the rule say one will die regadless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Tatsumi also doesn't have to fight her now, If he did, he would be killed. As good as his progress has been it's not enough for such a battle.
That's for sure. I don't think that even if both Tatsumi and Akame with Su and/or mei help like again the doctor can give them the victor this time. Esdes is too strong she totally take down the same kind of enemy alone that they have to team up to kill.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:59   Link #935
Tenchi Hou Take

I didn't see that coming
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-06-25, 17:09   Link #936
Soji

Tenchi Hou Take@ O___O
Wait
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-06-25, 17:14   Link #937
OverSeer
Inactive Member

so the images we saw of that man with someone similar to Esdese could it really be a younger her??
Old 2012-06-25, 17:20   Link #938
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Lol, whats with everyone seeing deathflags everywhere for esdes. She's not going to die anytime soon. Same with Akame. I see Akame's sister dying before Esdes as it is.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:27   Link #939
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
so the images we saw of that man with someone similar to Esdese could it really be a younger her??
No, the hair style is different. In case anyone says 'but it looks like her', I'm just going to point out a LOT of the artists characters look alike. The daughter of the general who got killed by the 3 beasts earlier on? I thought she was esdes because they looked that alike -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:32   Link #940
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
No, the hair style is different. In case anyone says 'but it looks like her', I'm just going to point out a LOT of the artists characters look alike. The daughter of the general who got killed by the 3 beasts earlier on? I thought she was esdes because they looked that alike -_-
Yeah it doesn't seem to be her.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!