AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 22:24   Link #2441
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
she doesn't need the charisma to me

in my eyes, she surpasses Fiamma in terms of 'fear'
thats what I really like about her
Yeah. She has that mysterious air to her while still inflicting fear upon the heroes/heroine's. Which is really nice. Works on the reader (at least me), as well.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:27   Link #2442
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yeah. She has that mysterious air to her while still inflicting fear upon the heroes/heroine's. Which is really nice. Works on the reader (at least me), as well.
It works on me too
I have a hard time understanding what she's thinking/going to do(its similar to the way how Kumagawa from MB is/was scary)
she's so quick to be violent
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:27   Link #2443
Phibrizzo
Honos628

There is a bit of difference here, her fear is justified but in the case of Fiamma you couldn't feel fear but impotence, everyone who try somethings vs him was crushed in a instance the power difference was so great and he didn't really give people that much time to prepare.

Vs Othinus u like it or not she had a lot of people helping her willing and of great power and at least someone was close to her level, Fiamma didn't really get an opponent till the very end.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:29   Link #2444
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Othinus is that case "never judge anyone by appearance".
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:29   Link #2445
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
There is a bit of difference here, her fear is justified but in the case of Fiamma you couldn't feel fear but impotence, everyone who try somethings vs him was crushed in a instance the power difference was so great and he didn't really give people that much time to prepare.

Vs Othinus u like it or not she had a lot of people helping her willing and of great power and at least someone was close to her level, Fiamma didn't really get an opponent till the very end.
And that was only because the author needed to put an end to it

Yeah, against Fiamma all were powerless and the moment he appears it was automatic WIN for him.

Here Othinus doesn't gives you the same impression that she will win, this is even more lampshaded with her 50-50 situation while Fiamma who, while having an imperfect power, he still had victory on his side. And at the end we nevre knew what kind of life he had but the fact he was afraid of losing the chance to save the world
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 05:07   Link #2446
hamazura
whatever

totally forgot about this novel lol
reading it right now~
Old 2013-10-18, 09:34   Link #2447
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
totally forgot about this novel lol
reading it right now~
your late to the party man.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 10:32   Link #2448
Javiersansano

Could someone tell me how did Othinus became a full magic God?

This is the oversimplified explanation I tried to make.

Othinus is at 0% on average only. Fimma, using Ollerus spell "multiplied" Othinus by -100%, something Othinus herself could not do because she wasn't sure in which direction walk to to become a perfect magic God. But by being multiplied by -100%, she simply multiplied it by -100% again, thus... becoming a PERFECT ONE.

Is that a good way to understand it. Could omeone explain the mechanism a little better?

Not Ollerus spell, because it was clear enough that he used the "Icon Theory" just like any other magicina, and that he used a legend of reference in which the Gods actually became lessed beings. But I still don't get how Othinus "reversed" it

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2013-10-18 at 10:32. Reason: I forgot to suscribe to the thread
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 12:46   Link #2449
LazyHunter

I'll try to explain it as I see it:

Othinus is a magic god and as such embodies infinite possibilities; every last one of them (both the good and the bad ones). Thus for everything she tries to do she has equal chances of succeeding and failing;50% each. She doesn't like this and wants to become a complete magic god.

To stop her from using Gungnir Ollerus and Fiamma turn her into a fairy and render her possibilities as a magic god as 0% succes and 100% failure. But it turns out Othinus didn't specifically want 100% success; she just wanted to get out of that 50% situation where she doesn't know the consequences of her actions. Either 100% success (through Gungnir) or 100% failure (turned into a fairy) tilt the probabilities in one direction allowing Othinus to predict the consequences of her actions and through doing the opposite of what she wants she can still succeed.
Spoiler for Othinus Explanation:

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-10-18 at 13:37.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 13:00   Link #2450
Javiersansano

Ok. Then, she basically acts with the intent of failing, and because of ollerus and fimma, what was supposed to fail, has success?
Old 2013-10-18, 13:44   Link #2451
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Ok. Then, she basically acts with the intent of failing, and because of ollerus and fimma, what was supposed to fail, has success?
I think that's what it means, basically she can achieve success by failing. Not that it matters much since she used this to get Gungnir and the 100% success anyway.
Old 2013-10-18, 14:30   Link #2452
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I think that's what it means, basically she can achieve success by failing. Not that it matters much since she used this to get Gungnir and the 100% success anyway.
The thing I still don't get is that failing and succeding is not sobre simple. It is like, the only right answer for 1+1 is 2, so no very other answer is failure.

1 specifc failure should have multiple opposing successes, and 1 speciffic success should have multiple opposing failures.

Not every action (heads) has a unique tails. Whether she is bound to the fifty-fifty rule, in which there is a fifty percent chance of her getting her desired result on a dice or aa fifty percent chance of gwtting any if the remaining results.

Or whether she has a 100% chance of getting any of the undesired results on the dice, and a 0% chance of getting her desired result.
Old 2013-10-18, 14:51   Link #2453
Ilidsor
Angelerator

If she casts a spell that doesn't create Gungir, then the only way for a 100% failure is for the spell to create Gungir. Similarly if she casts a spell with the goal of not destroying the world, the 100% means that she has destroyed the world.

To use the dice example, she would just have to roll her dice with the intention of not getting a 3 and then she would get a three.
Old 2013-10-18, 15:03   Link #2454
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Quote:
The thing I still don't get is that failing and succeding is not sobre simple. It is like, the only right answer for 1+1 is 2, so no very other answer is failure.

1 specifc failure should have multiple opposing successes, and 1 speciffic success should have multiple opposing failures.

Not every action (heads) has a unique tails. Whether she is bound to the fifty-fifty rule, in which there is a fifty percent chance of her getting her desired result on a dice or aa fifty percent chance of gwtting any if the remaining results.

Or whether she has a 100% chance of getting any of the undesired results on the dice, and a 0% chance of getting her desired result.

It kinda depends on what you view the success and failure. When you break all events down to the smallest level, you see that for each failure, there is a corresponding success, hence in the end it comes down to 50/50 choice.
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 16:06   Link #2455
Javiersansano

With a 100% chances of successIf she casts a spell with the intent of painting a canvas with blue, whats the counterpart? What would be a failure?

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2013-10-18 at 16:10. Reason: made a mistake
Old 2013-10-18, 16:15   Link #2456
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
With a 100% chances of successIf she casts a spell with the intent of painting a canvas with blue, whats the counterpart? What would be a failure?
In probability, a success would be defined as the event occurring (in this case, the canvas being painted blue). A failure would be anything but the event occurring (such as the canvas being painted red instead of blue, her being painted blue instead of the canvas, nothing being painted at all, etc.)
Old 2013-10-18, 16:31   Link #2457
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
In probability, a success would be defined as the event occurring (in this case, the canvas being painted blue). A failure would be anything but the event occurring (such as the canvas being painted red instead of blue, her being painted blue instead of the canvas, nothing being painted at all, etc.)
Thank you! Then, is world destruction the only remaining event among all the possibilities? Now, if you tell me she used Ollerus to know what was the result of he downgrading, thus, knowing that the upgrading result would be the exact opposite, and she simultaneously jumped in that direction, that would mean that after her clash with Ollerus, she became a perfect magic god with 100% chance of sccess, thus, she did not try to NOT destroy the worl. Instead, she tried to, and it seeks she pulled it off.
Old 2013-10-18, 17:14   Link #2458
LazyHunter

Quote:
Thank you! Then, is world destruction the only remaining event among all the possibilities? Now, if you tell me she used Ollerus to know what was the result of he downgrading, thus, knowing that the upgrading result would be the exact opposite, and she simultaneously jumped in that direction, that would mean that after her clash with Ollerus, she became a perfect magic god with 100% chance of sccess, thus, she did not try to NOT destroy the worl. Instead, she tried to, and it seeks she pulled it off.
She achieved 100% success because she used her powers to create Gungnir. After creating it she supossedly can do anything she wants.
Old 2013-10-21, 03:48   Link #2459
Marina2

>>> Fiamma of the right penetrated Othinus with his spear and destroy her pure Majin status

H...How tragic....
Old 2013-10-21, 04:10   Link #2460
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be honest, the romcom segment in the beginning sort of worn out it's welcome- that's why it took me so long to get back into the story (That, and it's been a very busy month) But once the attack on Tokyo kicked off and things shift into high gear is where it pulled me back in.

I don't know if it's jut part of the narrative he has created, or this is his own feelings slipping through, but Kamachi doesn't seem to have a good impression of the Japanese Government huh. He didn't even give them a charismatic figurehead. I guess all the 'good' people all move to Academy City... (I didn't use 'good' in terms of morals)

P.S - As I've expected, Freyja (mother) looked way too young and the narrative certainly supports it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus