AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 21:32   Link #341
tsunade666

tokimi did say "s-e-c-r-e-t" when their asking why did she came their. I'm not surprised if isekai isn't from the same plain of universe as tenchi and the others.

Tokimi's realm of universe are divided into lots of section. It's possible theirs been an abnormality on one of the sectors and they send kenchi on it. Or maybe tokimi already knows about reia's past or origin. And isn't reia a member or offspring from the masaki family too? though I'm not sure but airi and yosho said something to their other daughter. The older sister of kiyone. And they pointing on reia. So I think they might be connected or something.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 05:36   Link #342
SemperMalum

So, I just sat down and watched the entire thing. If it wasn't for the fact that he kept running away like a pussy, I woulda liked Kenshi/Kenchi/Whatever a lot more. Even though a lot of the women want to monopolize him, there is no doubt he should have ended up with a harem.

Now, I only remember bits and pieces of Tenchi Muyo stuff, so I can't comment on all the references that they put in, but as a stand a lone, it was decent. The BGM was terrible, though. If there was one thing that made it hard for me to power through this, it was the music. I felt like my ears were getting acid poured into them.

That said, Aura and Yukine are definitely the most awesome from this. Especially Aura. My god. I just... yeah. I would marry that in a second.

Also, all the episodes with him at that school felt... like unnecessary fan service. Not that it wasn't nice, but it just felt tacked on for no real reason. Like, "Let's make this last as long as possible and then cram as much action in the last few episodes."
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:53   Link #343
ReddyRedWolf

Question Kenshi knows his half-brother Tenchi and his harem but does he know Tennyo?

The Masaki family having a policy of not telling Earther's they're part alien while not telling their youngest member. I feel sorry for Kenshi being Washu's experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And isn't reia a member or offspring from the masaki family too? though I'm not sure but airi and yosho said something to their other daughter. The older sister of kiyone. And they pointing on reia. So I think they might be connected or something.
Here is a family tree I found. Tenchi is a product of well...incest. Reia is from the other world sent to procreate with humans.... Human and Juraian Noboyuki Masaki that is. Babalun's mind control plan went out the window probably due to Kenshi's heritage.

Spoiler for Family Tree:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:37   Link #344
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Being that is an older tree listing, I'm sure that there would be some changes in there once it's revised, and we'd see the new branch between Reia and Nobuyuki. But only if that branch is indeed Kenshi....
Old 2010-08-09, 14:27   Link #345
tsunade666

kenchi would probably know tennyo because it's not like he knows kiyone. So their wouldn't be a mix up on it.

I feel that the first 7 episode of isekai are wasted. They should show the old gang too. The story just start to kick of when episode 8. When the holy land been attacked.

If it's the girls I think maria and lashara.

Lashara reminsd me of washu when washu and tenchi first meet. The words of lashara towards kenchi really reminds me of that part. Plus she's interesting with her money hunger.

maria is just cute for me

The first episode is good though but the others can be really compressed into smaller episodes than just having tons of fan service stuff.
Old 2010-08-09, 16:57   Link #346
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, fanservice sells well there, and that's what everybody in the industry is focusing on. The japanese only wish they could have blatant sex on TV, but the anal retentive self-proclaimed "moralists" within and internationally wouldn't have that. So you're stuck with the borderline stuff.
Old 2010-08-09, 23:35   Link #347
ReddyRedWolf

You know I do have to wonder. There is a saying a lion to strengthen it's young will push his cubs off a cliff.

The Masaki family are notorious for running away from their royal responsibilities. Which makes Seina Yamada, despite being not a Juraian, potentially the next emperor being the third one in succession.

Here in this world Kenshi does become king. Now one would think it would be grooming him for royal responsibility. Course here he is playing hard to get for the girls.

You know I am amused at the start of the series Kenshi is viewed as Lashara's super man servant then later a hero stud. Little do they know Kenshi is a prince of a stellar spanning empire. (Though even he doesn't know that.) The other worlders they typically get are from Earth. I don't think they've had one who is part alien. Wonder how the girls will react to that particular information.
Old 2010-08-10, 02:01   Link #348
tsunade666

Seina Yamada did become a candidate because he owns a first generation which is one of the requirements for a king is POWER!!!

higher rank tends to have higher respects.

I wonder when would kenchi's family start searching for him. Theirs been no update on it plus their problems posing in the near end with Gaia still alive and the next generation would be most likely babalun's son and then theirs the words in the end like a major cliffhanger thing.
Old 2010-08-10, 09:16   Link #349
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I wonder when would kenchi's family start searching for him.
Which reminds me Kenchi considers himself weak compared to his Oneesans.

He really needs to clarify those girls are his brother's harem. Often compared to a Koro it wouldn't surprise me if the developmental years of Kenchi are around cabbits. In his case digging for crystals instead of carrots.
Old 2010-08-10, 11:40   Link #350
tsunade666

I'm sure he would eventually get his ship. For now he needs more training. But his training ground is full of weaklings. He wouldn't reach maximum potential their.

Tenchi grew stronger because all the girls are stronger than him at first. So as the story progress he becomes monstrous than before.

As for Kenchi.... his practically the already the strongest their. Even gaia is no match at him in frontal battle. If the gaia can be pierce easily that wouldn't be a challenging fight at all.

His really weak if you consider his big bros harem but it appears he can also use a light hawk wing despite being only one wing. Unless some major anomaly probably cause by the goddess I doubt that one wing would grew into two or more wings.

Tenchi's wing did grow into six wings after almost destroying the universe once
Old 2010-08-15, 04:00   Link #351
ReddyRedWolf

Just watched Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki ep 7 and anybody else thinking Tokimi has something to do with sending Kenshi to Geminar?

Her hovering over Noboyuki and Reia's marriage ceremony is indeed suspicious.

On another note just watched ep 8 of the OVA and I must say if Baby Taro got this treatment from Ryoko flying him around then what more of Kenshi? We know that Kenshi even rode on Ryo-Ohki.

No wonder the kid has nerves of steel jumping and leaping around. He was already been conditioned since childhood. Tenchi's household is pretty much Sparta.

As for food foraging I wonder who taught him that.
Old 2010-08-18, 07:44   Link #352
tsunade666

food foraging can come from noike or tenchi

cooking from sasami and also house hold

ayeka might teach him about manners but kenchi really lacks that so I doubt it.

ryoko...... I don't know if she can teach kenchi useful stuff

swordsmanship from grandpa

sparta? no I think his been spoiled in a way but it's his decision to become stronger in some point. He did say that his the weakest among his family and when his young his body is weak. He said that when the student president is sick to comfort her but it backfired

tenchi household is just to much abnormal.
Old 2010-08-18, 13:33   Link #353
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

tenchi household is just to much abnormal.
Yeah whatever happened to the "Live normally till you become an adult" tradition of the Masaki family. To be fair that tradition got broken twice.

Tenchi is inevitable given his circumstances. Kai on the other hand his sister and best friend are getting married, both are galaxy police, and his girlfriend who is Seina's little sister already knows her brother joining , by force with her mother, galaxy police.

Poor boy had to be hypnotized to stop him from blabbing about all the spaceships under the family lake.
Old 2010-08-19, 07:00   Link #354
tsunade666

well seina's friend is kai is mostly likely to be 15 too. Tenchi encounter troubles in age 15 so maybe the "adult" age had been lowered too age 15. Though how old is seina's little sister? well aside from that I see no problem about their traditions to wait until they are old enough to take care of themselves.

Kenchi on the other hand probably been a playful child since his totally unlike tenchi in a way. The tenchi before he met ryoko a 15 year old tenchi looks a lot more normal than a 15 year old kenchi. So kenchi might have sneak a tons of time inside ryo-ohki or even went inside washu's lab. But why hypnotized? ..... well kenchi is the type on not to kept secret from what I observe in isekai. His just too much innocent or spoiled in outside world.

Being thrown in a complete different world really could help him to evolve but it didn't. Isekai settings are just too low for a jurian royal blood.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:26   Link #355
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
well kenchi is the type on not to kept secret from what I observe in isekai. His just too much innocent or spoiled in outside world.
Well he does talk too much about his family. When locked it room with Mexicah fear is running through his spine as he said he seen that look before from his Sisters, Aunt, Grandmother and other people.

Yeah he is witness to the girls trying to jump Tenchi and probably Seina if he was around on Earth.

As for Grandmother or Aunt I can only think of Airi , though you shouldn't call her that in your presence. Oh probably Misaki too she'll suffocate anybody she finds too cute.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:33   Link #356
tsunade666

I wonder how old is nobuyuki.... His also a descendant of masaki family to begin with. And the age of tenyo is about 80 and what makes kiyone is 200+. hmmm

well aside that is their a news on isekai getting another ova? or just tenchi verse getting an ova. The isekai just ended with lots of question that's not even answered with.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:21   Link #357
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I wonder how old is nobuyuki.... His also a descendant of masaki family to begin with. And the age of tenyo is about 80 and what makes kiyone is 200+. hmmm

well aside that is their a news on isekai getting another ova? or just tenchi verse getting an ova. The isekai just ended with lots of question that's not even answered with.
I think some say he is 200 plus as well. Just learned this but according Masaki Kajishima's family tree Mihoshi is even related to Tenchi by by blood.

Quote:
She is related to Tenchi through Miyuki Kuramitsu, wife and cousin of Mikumo Kuramitsu according to a family tree made by Masaki Kajishima. It states that Kiyone, Tenchi's mother, had a brief affair with Koyori, half-brother of Mikamo Kuramitsu (Washu's son). Mikumo and Miyuki had Mikami and Minami.
Dammit half of Tenchi's harem are blood related.

Quote:

Not sure but given Masaki Kajishima left it open ended I think we'll see a sequel. He pretty much did the same with Tenchi OVA 2 with Tokimi and Z foreshadowing.

Not to mention Tokimi answering Ryoko and Ayeka that its a S-E-C-R-E-T why she's hanging around Noboyuki and Rea getting married. Its as if she knows something. Then 15 years later their offspring ends up in an alternate reality.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2010-08-20 at 02:17.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:41   Link #358
tsunade666

mihoshi related to tenchi? I think mihoshi is related to washu but not sure on a masaki family?

Well what's the problem if most of his harem are blood related. Well he treats them everyone as family so no harm.

Though for seina she's really in luck. Heck he got 8 wives in one go

I wonder about kenchi. Aura sure is pressing on the matters and maria wouldn't let yukine be left out. And then their are tons of girls aside from the main girls. Its like kenchi's whole harem is equal to the school or rather almost all of seikishi girls.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:08   Link #359
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Though for seina she's really in luck. Heck he got 8 wives in one go
Nine actually don't forget Fuku. Heck Fuku joined Noike in making sure the timeline doesn't change.

Quote:
I wonder about kenchi. Aura sure is pressing on the matters and maria wouldn't let yukine be left out. And then their are tons of girls aside from the main girls. Its like kenchi's whole harem is equal to the school or rather almost all of seikishi girls
Wouldn't it be cracking fun if Oni-hime Seto shows up and makes a commotion. Like what she did for Tenchi and Seina. Seto always gets the last laugh.

Matchmaking is after all her hobby.

edit:

Now I'm starting to realize we've likely seen Geminar before. Around Tokimi's realm where there are frequent battles in her search for a higher being there is planet with a huge tree like a World Tree with its roots covering the planet. In episode 6 it is said those plants used to cover the planet till some environmental change. The giant roots may indicate it was that planet. But likely further in the timeline where for some reason the tree isn't there anymore.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2010-08-20 at 14:32.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:19   Link #360
tsunade666

plus that place is divided by bodies of water and divided into smaller lands. The one Z's guarding sure looks like an earth. But if you look at it. Its more like colonies and not a planet.

Hell would fall in Geminar if seto comes forth though it would be funny if tenchi and the gang shows up the moment when Kenichi is running in the woods to get away from man hungry mobs of girls wanting to marry him.