AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-23, 23:53   Link #13601
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anihilatus has been weakened a lot after the strongest magician of the group curbstomped all of them during the war, I doubt they'll be sending their few members like that.
Considering the mortality rate of the series + the fact that Vasilissa herself referred to "her men" as writhing childishly in agony with silly tears in their eyes, it's quite likely that the immortal witch just settled herself with spanking everyone into submission

Nikolai Tolstoy is the only likely "death" on that raid, but even then I wouldn't count on it until I see the corpse, who knows? He might be kept as an interrogation pet for further purposes like Biagio was.

I loved how Vasilissa was in danger of suffering severe blood loss when she saw live the Patriarch's facial expressions, while thinking that something like that shouldn't happen to her because of anyone but Sasha
Old 2011-08-24, 00:23   Link #13602
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, the mortality rate of the series is pretty high for the nameless and faceless.

Named characters may get a free pass, but there's plenty of Hound Dogs, Russian Soldiers, Roman Knights, English Knights, Child Errors etc to make up for it.

In that sense, I guess despite all the happy endings, Toaruverse is still a pretty dark world I guess?
Old 2011-08-24, 00:45   Link #13603
mark1246

Dear To aru fan: i have a couple of question if you guys/girls can answer it please

1. OK, back when NT2 was not out yet, i heard that there was a debut over the enemy organization name. GREMLIN ALL cool and all, but i heard someone say “CRIMSON” and that name look tight. Now was CRIMSON a false name? and wouldn’t you fan agree that CRIMSON would make a more cooler bad guy organization?

2. Regarding the Mars SS: i read the summary of it and was quite puzzle, is it just a cliff hanger ending or is there going to be a SS 2?

3. I don’t want to start a fanboy war or anything, but who believe that Touma is an fallen Angel or there an Angel inside him? it bug me that the author has so many foreshadowing methods that we want him to tell us already

thank you Everyone
Old 2011-08-24, 00:48   Link #13604
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, the mortality rate of the series is pretty high for the nameless and faceless.

Named characters may get a free pass, but there's plenty of Hound Dogs, Russian Soldiers, Roman Knights, English Knights, Child Errors etc to make up for it.

In that sense, I guess despite all the happy endings, Toaruverse is still a pretty dark world I guess?
And don't forget, plenty of clones too... and probably many Skill Outs.

Anyway, Annihilatus still has a job to do, no matter how many members left they have. So there's no reason for them to not send people if the need arises.
Old 2011-08-24, 00:50   Link #13605
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
I don’t want to start a fanboy war or anything, but who believe that Touma is an fallen Angel or there an Angel inside him? it bug me that the author has so many foreshadowing methods that we want him to tell us already
Touma can't be a fallen angel for the simple fact that whatever is inside him is of the Age of Horus. As far as we know, all "divine beings" excluding Aleister and Aiwass (if you can call them that) are of the Age of Osiris.
Old 2011-08-24, 00:51   Link #13606
leukrota

Quote:
1. OK, back when NT2 was not out yet, i heard that there was a debut over the enemy organization name. GREMLIN ALL cool and all, but i heard someone say “CRIMSON” and that name look tight. Now was CRIMSON a false name? and wouldn’t you fan agree that CRIMSON would make a more cooler bad guy organization?
It's more about how fitting the name is, CRIMSON wouldn't do for GREMLIN's objectives.
Old 2011-08-24, 00:54   Link #13607
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Dear To aru fan: i have a couple of question if you guys/girls can answer it please

Yeah [Crimson] was false... Actually, it was the only false information we've got for NT2 right? What a huge improvement!

But I disagree that it would be a better name, [Gremlin] is unique while [Crimson] has become far too generic. Plus the poetic meaning for that name...

Quote:
2. Regarding the Mars SS: i read the summary of it and was quite puzzle, is it just a cliff hanger ending or is there going to be a SS 2?
No cliff hanger, just an open ending.
Old 2011-08-24, 00:57   Link #13608
leukrota

Quote:
But I disagree that it would be a better name, [Gremlin] is unique while [Crimson] has become far too generic. Plus the poetic meaning for that name...
That too... there are too many Crimson <insert name> in fiction

At least we haven't seen pygmy tarsiers gremlins for a while
Old 2011-08-24, 02:15   Link #13609
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alright, since we're entering the mulky waters of speculations...

Quote:
“It seems Gremlin’s next target is the United States,” Birdway said once Kamijou and the others had returned to his dorm. “I don’t know what they intend to do, but I have gotten ahold of information that a few magicians have already arrived on the Hawaiian Islands."
I could be wrong about Pearl Habor, Hawaii might just be a staging ground before they move in on the rest of the United States. Meaning their main objective might have nothing to do with the island, unless they intend to cripple the US naval influence from the Pacific... Then from there...

Is it too much of a stretch to think they're trying to crush all of the American's technological prowness? Or even more extreme- take over their ICBM capabilities and use it against them? Unlike the RCC, these guys aren't shy about using technology, as we saw with the giant balloons.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:26   Link #13610
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Unlike the RCC, these guys aren't shy about using technology, as we saw with the giant balloons.
Well it's not like God's Right Seat was useless.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:33   Link #13611
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well it's not like God's Right Seat was useless.
Nono I mean... RCC and GRS never include technology into their plans, they were restrictly about using their magic to defeat Academy City, but with the balloons of Radiosonde Castle, Gremlins doesn't have that restriction.

Remember how people said that Voldemort should have use nukes? Well I won't be surprise if Gremlin has that same idea in mind.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:45   Link #13612
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Nono I mean... RCC and GRS never include technology into their plans, they were restrictly about using their magic to defeat Academy City, but with the balloons of Radiosonde Castle, Gremlins doesn't have that restriction.

Remember how people said that Voldemort should have use nukes? Well I won't be surprise if Gremlin has that same idea in mind.
I know what you meant. I was just saying it probably never even occurred to them to use technology because they had the power of God's Right Seat. NT2 makes a point of saying just how much power Fiamma had access to, Acqua beat down someone who herself was described as being the Magic Side's equivalent to a tactical nuke, and Vento's power affected people on the other side of the planet.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:46   Link #13613
zaeraal

Woah the fanfare is getting really amusing.
Quote:
She even took part in the mental aspects of the 'Testament' experiment that Nunotaba Shinobu took part in. She used her mind's consciousness to rebuild her ability's calculations thoroughly, and then used the 'results' as samples to develop them further. She became a 'Kihara' radical who offered her mind and body to experiment after she wasn't able to.
What are they talking about here? Do espers can develop further as they please?

Even this part was rather interesting
Quote:
"If this 'Body Crystal' appears as an 'ability' that can 'overload other people's abilities, power, and even control their ability flow', that can't be considered an 'overload', right? Well, I can only manipulate the flow and timing, but I can't track someone down until the end of the galaxy and even take away the person's ability like Takitsubo onee-san."
Wasn't this released way before the vol. 22, where was explained what Takitsubo can really do?
Plus isn't she trying to imply here, that Takitsubo is also a child error that went through those experiments?

PS: You can really feel that the Fanfare was written by different autor. It's a nice refreshing change.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:50   Link #13614
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^It was implied offhandedly in the Railgun Manga that Takitsubo had no place to be besides ITEM -- so yeah, probably she is. The best espers have tragic childhoods it seems.

Btw, what the hell does "Marmotte" mean? I'm French, and it's just an oversized squirrel. Sure it's translated right?

And it seems Kihara Gensei disappeared mysteriously. Gee, I wonder who will troll Accelerator with the Kihara juniors during NT.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-24, 02:55   Link #13615
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, every esper has at least a slightly twisted childhood.
Those parents do not know what they are putting their children into.

Also, with the secrets of Academy City almost literally integrated into the bodies of every single student in Academy City (Yes, including Touma; remember how urgent Heaven Canceller's call was when he was admitted to an Italian hospital?), there's almost close to zero percent chance of an esper managing to return to his or her normal life.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-24, 03:08   Link #13616
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, every esper has at least a slightly twisted childhood.

Those parents do not know what they are putting their children into.
That's not true, most espers are probably like the rest of the Railgun girls leading relatively peaceful lives before and during their time in Academy City. Otherwise they wouldn't have things like the daihansensai to show off to the public.

The ones that get experimented on are the Child Errors, which are already abandon children that nobody misses and a very tiny group compared to 1.8 million students. And then a small group are like Touma who has no where else to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Also, with the secrets of Academy City almost literally integrated into the bodies of every single student in Academy City (Yes, including Touma; remember how urgent Heaven Canceller's call was when he was admitted to an Italian hospital?), there's almost close to zero percent chance of an esper managing to return to his or her normal life.
That's one direction Kamachi never talked about EVER- what happens to Espers when they grow up?

But... If they only wanted a normal life, they wouldn't be in Academy City in the first place.

These children dream of super-powers, that's the only reason.
Old 2011-08-24, 03:14   Link #13617
zaeraal

Quote:
That's one direction Kamachi never talked about EVER- what happens to Espers when they grow up?

But... If they only wanted a normal life, they wouldn't be in Academy City in the first place.

Well, we know at least what happened to some level 0's that ended up as Skill Outs, Big spider group and as other gangs in AC.
(Don't tell me that Komaba Ritoku is less than 18 years old)
Old 2011-08-24, 05:54   Link #13618
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
That's not true, most espers are probably like the rest of the Railgun girls leading relatively peaceful lives before and during their time in Academy City. Otherwise they wouldn't have things like the daihansensai to show off to the public.

The ones that get experimented on are the Child Errors, which are already abandon children that nobody misses and a very tiny group compared to 1.8 million students. And then a small group are like Touma who has no where else to go.

True, Kamachi-sensei never explicitly stated what happens to espers when they become adults. But, I'm guessing they might work for Academy City by becoming skillouts, doctors, teachers, engineers, etc.

Unless the discovery of esper abilities was fairly recent like in the last decade or two, I can partially understand why there are so few adult espers.
Another interesting question: When was Academy City first built?
Old 2011-08-24, 07:01   Link #13619
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
True, Kamachi-sensei never explicitly stated what happens to espers when they become adults. But, I'm guessing they might work for Academy City by becoming skillouts, doctors, teachers, engineers, etc.
I don't think he has come up with a plan for that yet, but it's such an obvious question that he can't keep ignoring it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Unless the discovery of esper abilities was fairly recent like in the last decade or two, I can partially understand why there are so few adult espers.
Another interesting question: When was Academy City first built?
We don't have an exact date but we know that Psychic Development started way back in the Cold War, both The US and the Soviet were in the race with Academy City.

Again, no official date, but We know that AC had Espers twenty years ago due to that incident with Sherry Cromwell, but we don't know how powerful they were... Probably just Level 1-2s.... And it might even be an early stage so this technology isn't revealed to the public yet.

So yeah, I can accept that powerful Espers like the Level 5s only appeared like half a decade ago (Accelerator), but eventually everybody grows up- and when that happens the population ratio of 80% students would change.
Old 2011-08-24, 11:21   Link #13620
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Again, no official date, but We know that AC had Espers twenty years ago due to that incident with Sherry Cromwell, but we don't know how powerful they were... Probably just Level 1-2s.... And it might even be an early stage so this technology isn't revealed to the public yet.
Didn't Aiwass said underhandedly that Accelerator was the first ESPer to show up in the last 50 years that fulfills Aleister's expectations in Academy City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Woah the fanfare is getting really amusing.

What are they talking about here? Do espers can develop further as they please?
There are things that limit espers since ESP is basically a knowledge that you improve through learning and training. I'm guessing that modifying her brain patterns to achieve different results with her ability was something that is referencing the Dark May Project; basically since esp is something that you use with "data that your brain produces" if you forcefully add better data or better parameters to produce data in your brain through the testament there is this chance of getting improved results. Of course since it's manipulating brainwaves and whatnot on this field, there are chances of everything ending up in a mess.

Quote:
Even this part was rather interesting Wasn't this released way before the vol. 22, where was explained what Takitsubo can really do?
Plus isn't she trying to imply here, that Takitsubo is also a child error that went through those experiments?
What Rikou can do what already explained in vol 15. Also Rikou was part of an experiment for overloading abilities, that doesn't mean that it's "that" same experiment for child errors that ended up in disaster.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen