AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-12, 17:20   Link #161
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Lightbulb Kaname is better, because he is more expirienced.

Ok, for all of you that are comparing Kaname and Zero. Kaname is hundreds to thousands of years old. He is a Kuran ancestor, who was resurrected. This makes him much more older, and wiser than Zero. Comparing Kaname and Zero, is like comparing an ninth grader with a university student.

Both Kaname and Zero are selfish in their own rights.

Kaname treats Yuki better, only because she is his supposed sister. He takes care of her, only because she is his family. He does not share the same feelings with Ruka, who is there for him all the time. Ruka has done, and stayed by Kaname more than Yuki. It's true that Yuki did not have her memory for the most part, but Ruka did more than just stand there. She defended Kaname, and fought to protect him. So, why did Kaname choose Yuki and took care of her? Because, she is family.

Zero is obvious. He was young when he lost his parent's to a pureblood vampire. His brother left him, and went against him because of a pureblood. He was trained from a young age, by the world's best Vampire Hunter to kill the like's of purebloods. So, why is he so arrogant towards Yuki, when she turned out to be a vampire? Because, it run's in his family to be vampire hunter's. He hate's pureblood's, because he hates what happened to his family. Zero may have issues, but he still remembered Yuki during the end of season 2 in a flashback. He will miss out on her, even though it might not look like it.

Since this is a forum about Kaname, let's go back to him. Who wouldn't want to be like him, or with him. He is old, and wise, but in a much younger body. He is a greatly respected figure, who is also much smarter than most of the character's in Vampire Knight. He barely shows any emotions, of the loss of his parent's. He is clearly one of Vampire Knight's most valuable, and strong characters, who shaped the Vampire Knight (Zero) to attack Rido. He is someone, that Zero will never be. The sad part is that he has a sinister future. The main reason why Kaname is so great is because, he was willing to let Yuki go at the end of season 2, even though he waited ten years without her.

Kaname may be a great character, but he is also selfish during times. He let Zero live, only because Zero protected Yuki. He could have saved a lot of level E vampires, before turning, but he did not care for them. His commitment is mostly to Yuki, and that's it.

Hope this explains a lot. Thank you.

I did not use spoiler's, as I summed this all up from anime.

Last edited by HollowScar; 2009-06-12 at 18:05. Reason: Just to add something.
Old 2009-06-15, 06:31   Link #162
KimmyChan

I guess even the most admired & popular of characters have their selfish sides
Old 2009-06-21, 17:04   Link #163
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I guess even the most admired & popular of characters have their selfish sides
Yeah, but Kaname had a lot of power, and respect, compared to Zero, who does not have much. Of course he is popular.
Old 2009-06-22, 04:58   Link #164
KimmyChan

Kaname's like the Prince of the Prince & The Pauper story in this series, with Zero being the Pauper
Old 2009-06-29, 06:13   Link #165
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Ok, for all of you that are comparing Kaname and Zero. Kaname is hundreds to thousands of years old. He is a Kuran ancestor, who was resurrected. This makes him much more older, and wiser than Zero. Comparing Kaname and Zero, is like comparing an ninth grader with a university student.

Kaname treats Yuki better, only because she is his supposed sister. He takes care of her, only because she is his family. He does not share the same feelings with Ruka, who is there for him all the time. Ruka has done, and stayed by Kaname more than Yuki. It's true that Yuki did not have her memory for the most part, but Ruka did more than just stand there. She defended Kaname, and fought to protect him. So, why did Kaname choose Yuki and took care of her? Because, she is family.

Zero is obvious. He was young when he lost his parent's to a pureblood vampire. His brother left him, and went against him because of a pureblood. He was trained from a young age, by the world's best Vampire Hunter to kill the like's of purebloods. So, why is he so arrogant towards Yuki, when she turned out to be a vampire? Because, it run's in his family to be vampire hunter's. He hate's pureblood's, because he hates what happened to his family. Zero may have issues, but he still remembered Yuki during the end of season 2 in a flashback. He will miss out on her, even though it might not look like it.

Since this is a forum about Kaname, let's go back to him. Who wouldn't want to be like him, or with him. He is old, and wise, but in a much younger body. He is a greatly respected figure, who is also much smarter than most of the character's in Vampire Knight. He barely shows any emotions, of the loss of his parent's. He is clearly one of Vampire Knight's most valuable, and strong characters, who shaped the Vampire Knight (Zero) to attack Rido. He is someone, that Zero will never be. The sad part is that he has a sinister future. The main reason why Kaname is so great is because, he was willing to let Yuki go at the end of season 2, even though he waited ten years without her.

Kaname may be a great character, but he is also selfish during times. He let Zero live, only because Zero protected Yuki. He could have saved a lot of level E vampires, before turning, but he did not care for them. His commitment is mostly to Yuki, and that's it.

About the Kaname-Zero comparsion you're right, but when you went to details I can't agree with you.
Kaname IS obessed by Yuki almost more than likewise. For him everything is gray or dark except her. I have a guess that without her he would break or go insane. His feelings to Yukki is not love, but obession. She is the only thing where he can act selfishly. Don't misunderstand. He cares for others to some extends(they're the grey place of mind the dark place is the people he's close to unconcerned, and the red place where his enemies reside. It's just a quick theory of mine) and he really is kind, but have little bonds with them. He really bound to his own rules and his duty, that's hwy he spared Zero's life.
In short he's seemingly an awesome incredible man(it's actually true too), but inside his state is extremely pitifull. any of Zero's suffering a broad daylight compared to Kaname's.
Old 2009-06-29, 06:41   Link #166
KimmyChan

A beautiful cover shot of Kaname looking lush as ever is featured on the front of this month's Shojo Beat magazine
Old 2009-10-17, 02:50   Link #167
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
About the Kaname-Zero comparsion you're right, but when you went to details I can't agree with you.
Kaname IS obessed by Yuki almost more than likewise. For him everything is gray or dark except her. I have a guess that without her he would break or go insane. His feelings to Yukki is not love, but obession. She is the only thing where he can act selfishly. Don't misunderstand. He cares for others to some extends(they're the grey place of mind the dark place is the people he's close to unconcerned, and the red place where his enemies reside. It's just a quick theory of mine) and he really is kind, but have little bonds with them. He really bound to his own rules and his duty, that's hwy he spared Zero's life.
In short he's seemingly an awesome incredible man(it's actually true too), but inside his state is extremely pitifull. any of Zero's suffering a broad daylight compared to Kaname's.
Well, true that Yuki is his obsession, but she is only his obsession because her parent's, raised him like their own. He has that debt to them. But look at how loyal Ruka was to him. He gave Yuki so much importance, and then that was it. Everything revolved around him and Yuki. He did let Yuki have the option to leave him, but even then he should know that there are people who are willing to give him more than Yuki ever could.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:18   Link #168
Ann4KanameandYuuki

I think kaname and Yuuki should be together. Kaname is not a bad character at all.
Regarding Sara, her fiance is Ouri not Kaname. I think, Sara is somehow related to Shizuka and came to take revenge on kaname or Ichijou, i.e, Takuma's grandfather must be alive and using sara
Old 2009-11-15, 13:28   Link #169
Ann4KanameandYuuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post

destroyed the council bcoz dey were evil. Regarding zero, kaname had no intention of killing him. Kaname is a person who is very GOOD at heart.

Kaname is never selfish. He does not hate any1. He
Old 2009-11-15, 13:33   Link #170
Ann4KanameandYuuki

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann4KanameandYuuki View Post
I believe kaname and Yuuki should be together. Kaname is not a bad character at all.
Regarding Sara, her fiance is Ouri not Kaname. I think, Sara is somehow related to Shizuka and came to take revenge on kaname or Ichijou, i.e, Takuma's grandfather must be alive and using sara
Pleas esupport Kaname and Yuuki to be together. Kaname will be lost if he does not get YUUKI
Old 2009-12-04, 00:38   Link #171
HollowScar

Let's face it. Kaname is a dark prince, but is actually dark. His conscience revolves around Yuki, whose parents raised him, and took him in, as their own. Other than that, Kaname is a very powerful being, without much struggle, whose goal is to protect Yuki. He also had his fare share of followers, who treated him like the royalty he was. The reason I like him, is because, in the end, he was willing to let go of Yuki, and go on his own way. His obsession with Yuki makes him good for Yuki, but his sinister acts may ultimately lead to a fatal loss, due to the path he chose. To him, everyone is a chess piece, and Yuki is the queen, the most precious, compare to the Knight, Zero, who was more like a powerful tool to him.

Zero, on the other hand, got it really hard. Born in a Vampire Hunter family, he did lose both of his parents, and back-stabbed by his own brother, at such an early age. His brother was like a best friend, and the only known friend in the anime, during his childhood. Imagine, losing someone so close to you at an early age, who back-stabs you, and then disappears. This is what Zero had to endure. He must have ached for revenge all those years, including controlling his Vampire hormones, which is much more tempting than lust. He could not be close to the only person that took him in due to that, and his strict status quo, heightened more by Ichiru's betrayal.

Taking both of these characters at hand, I can tell this much that, Kaname did not care much for Zero, and would have let him turn into a level-E, or even kill him before, if he had to. This was not done, mainly because Yuki's connection to Zero. Zero on the other hand, not only hated Kaname, but hated himself throughout the series. His pain is fueled by gaining the brother he lost contact with, and losing him again. Zero may not treat Yuki well, but at least he knew what good and bad was, to the point of killing himself. He would have kept Yuki the happiest, if his life were not so messed up. He could have been just a human, and lived with her happily. Kaname, will most likely treat her with luxury, but his path is clearly meant to be a tragic one, compared to Zero, who will keep hunting them one by one, until he loses, wins, or gets too old, or weak. His life is not all that glamorous, but as a character, his loss will always be the most tragic. One of the most painful characters in the anime.
Old 2009-12-17, 09:01   Link #172
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Kaname would never be able to stay alive without Yuuki ..
that is a FACT..and a fact that I cannot take..
Old 2010-01-30, 21:50   Link #173
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
I find Kaname to be a great character in VK and I respect his caring and protecting side for Yuki, and he indeed is a dark prince imo.

"All is lost."
Old 2010-06-09, 09:02   Link #174
Urusai!
Gomen

Kaname

Kaname is so amazing!
I love the character!
Old 2010-12-31, 22:01   Link #175
SpaztasticStar

Send a message via MSN to SpaztasticStar
Kaname is by far my favorite character for many reasons. :3
Spoiler for For manga:
Old 2011-07-03, 15:58   Link #176
FranyDigger

I would like to marry him *-* He's perfect T-T Well, I think that he's better in my mind xDD
I don't like the way that he uses Zero, but it's just to protect Yuki... could Zero do the same for her?

Well, in my opinion he's the best character!!!
Old 2011-12-03, 13:37   Link #177
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann4KanameandYuuki View Post
destroyed the council bcoz dey were evil. Regarding zero, kaname had no intention of killing him. Kaname is a person who is very GOOD at heart.

Kaname is never selfish. He does not hate any1. He
man i cannot go along with that .lets be real here if the entire world was burned to a crisp, kananame would not care if he and yuki could be together. everyone knows that is all he really cares about. if zero couldnt protect yuki he wouldnt care if he lived or died. THAT IS NOT A GOOD PERSON PEOPLE. zero hates vampires because theyt are a danger to humanity. in other words, one of these two cares about the world and people the other does not. its obvious here that kaname is not someone who is a good choice for yuki. kaname fans tend to want to not notice this and say hey, its ok because he cares about yuki. wrong think about a person like kaname could and would allow who knows how many terrible things to happen, with the atitude that its ok because i am all about yuki. i mean come on .
Old 2011-12-28, 16:53   Link #178
Anutza.Yuuki.Maria

I love Kaname!
Because he is smart, beautiful(this is normal, he is a pureblood) and very very powerfull
Old 2012-01-19, 20:52   Link #179
princefarsi16

Character Discussion - Kaname

Well, Kaname is cool. He is a stereotype type for me though. I like Zero better than him.
Old 2012-01-28, 19:53   Link #180
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
. zero hates vampires because they are a danger to humanity. .
So does Kaname
Spoiler for Recent chapters shows:
Closed Thread