AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 19:24   Link #61
Dop
Mmmm....

I wonder if one of the sponsors is a backpack company?

Again, as with the sleeping bags, an episode which had some useful content in explaining different types of backpacks and their suitability for what you plan to do.
That's one of the things I like about this show, it's not just "girls do stuff", it has information which might help people go and do stuff. Tents, camping stoves and food, sleeping bags, backpacks.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was an episode about choosing stout climbing boots!!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 13:04   Link #62
Midonin
Last Engage

The old Aoi would've never been this excited for mountain climbing. She's really getting into it - even with the short running time, Aoi's growth is clear. She's still tackling the easy mountains, but every journey begins with a single step.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 17:54   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Aoi has indeed grown a lot since the beginning of the series. I bet she never imagined she would end up getting so into it back then.
Old 2013-02-21, 04:15   Link #64
Pen3

Omg I want one of them flying squirrel keychain! It's so damn cute
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 13:06   Link #65
Midonin
Last Engage

Late in the game, but Kokona finally makes her appearance. And she's going to be someone that even Aoi can wonder what's up with. No bears, but plenty of flying squirrels to be had. Even though I'm not a mountain climber, having your shoe break like that can be annoying. Good on Hinata for always coming prepared.
Old 2013-03-06, 13:09   Link #66
Midonin
Last Engage

The descent went smoothly, and a squirrel even showed up. And above all, the scenery was beautiful. If 8-bit ever wanted to do a full length show in the Tamayura vein, I'd say they'd stand more than a chance at making it a success.
Old 2013-03-06, 13:55   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The descent went smoothly, and a squirrel even showed up. And above all, the scenery was beautiful. If 8-bit ever wanted to do a full length show in the Tamayura vein, I'd say they'd stand more than a chance at making it a success.
Agreed - in fact at first this was precisely what I thought it _was_ going to be before hearing it would be in short format. :\
Old 2013-03-06, 14:00   Link #68
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Agreed - in fact at first this was precisely what I thought it _was_ going to be before hearing it would be in short format. :\
The short format isn't so bad. Just think of it as a 1-episode OVA you're getting in small installments.
Old 2013-03-06, 14:15   Link #69
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
The short format isn't so bad. Just think of it as a 1-episode OVA you're getting in small installments.
Yeah ... it isn't so bad.

I just was hoping for a fuller treatment is all. ^^
Old 2013-03-06, 14:45   Link #70
Dark Wing

Quote:
Thats pretty much how I see it too... Also when are getting more Kaede? She is so much love!
Old 2013-03-13, 12:05   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

Aoi's built up a circle of friends pretty quickly over the show's short running time. Seeing her bonding with Kokona was so fluffy and cute and a great way to show her non-mountain climbing skills. Also, Kaede's gotten a lot of underwear shots in this show, hasn't she? This on top of the bonus bath episode that's going to be included with the video release...
Old 2013-03-14, 11:30   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Aoi's built up a circle of friends pretty quickly over the show's short running time. Seeing her bonding with Kokona was so fluffy and cute and a great way to show her non-mountain climbing skills. Also, Kaede's gotten a lot of underwear shots in this show, hasn't she? This on top of the bonus bath episode that's going to be included with the video release...
That's one series I did not expect to have a bath episode. Then again, even Aria had one so it's not uncommon.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:06   Link #73
Midonin
Last Engage

That was a charming little series. When taken as an OVA, it follows a clear storyline. Aoi learns to appreciate the great outdoors, helped on by everyone else along the way. If it was just that, I'd be satisfied, but the great mountain scenery (with a lot of attention to detail), and some of the lighting and sunsets were really, really nice too. The middle stretch of episodes was even pretty educational. I feel like I learned things about mountains, even though I can't really use it since I'm from a place with no mountains to speak of. This had all the charm of a full length series, and most of the production values too, excepting the weird 3D pan at the start of the first episode. Highly enjoyable, would watch more.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:47   Link #74
garbage

hey is Ep12 the last one?
Old 2013-03-20, 12:50   Link #75
Midonin
Last Engage

There's going to be one bonus episode with the video release - featuring some bath scenes - but as far as the TV airing is concerned, this week was the last.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:53   Link #76
garbage

oh okie, thanks. too bad well it was short but nice,
Old 2013-03-20, 17:30   Link #77
Dop
Mmmm....

Marvellous. I think my only criticism of this show is that it was too short.
But now they've assembled the cast, I think they've totally set the scene, and I would really like to see a full-length anime continuing where this left off.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 17:57   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was a very charming and relaxing show. Aoi's growth over the course of the series has been impressive and highly enjoyable to watch. The staff did a marvelous job given the time restriction of the series.

I hope we'll get a second season. This time with full length episodes. I'm not a fan of the short format, even if it worked well here. I want more!
Old 2013-03-20, 19:29   Link #79
Sol Falling

I'd love a second season also. I wouldn't mind if it was another season of shorts like this one though. Though I haven't checked out the manga, I was under the impression that another reason for using this short-episode format was that the source material is relatively new. If that is the case, it might take a while for it to get long enough to support a full-length episode season, whereas another season of non-standard episodes might be more promptly feasible.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 12:40   Link #80
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I had my doubts at first, but the show turned out to be quite entertaining.

It shows you how fun climbing a mountain can be, especially if you're well-prepared and have friends who can join you.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of this, especially when the manga gets further ahead.