Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-04, 23:06   Link #8321
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Wasn't the 97tk in world von panzer too?
Was given away as a Premium Tank for Wargaming's 16th Anniversary yes.

And now that you mention it, the driver for the Te-Ke here looks more like Charlotte at a glance

Also, Bonple High School makes an appearance:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 00:08   Link #8322
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I must say that this is overdrawn compared to the anime.

But yes CHAR GA KURU @_@
Old 2014-09-05, 00:31   Link #8323
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Another one:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-09-05, 01:03   Link #8324
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...was the 97tk that small?! It's like a T1 given that scale!
Old 2014-09-05, 01:08   Link #8325
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...was the 97tk that small?! It's like a T1 given that scale!
Pretty much.

Old 2014-09-05, 01:24   Link #8326
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

If the new manga gets popular, I can see them giving it an anime. The practical advantage of Tankettes is that there are less crew, so you won't end up with dozens of people just in the main cast that needed voice acting.
Old 2014-09-05, 01:33   Link #8327
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Pretty much.
World of Tanks takes some liberties with scaling, but even so...

Images
Fascist Box Tank included for comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 02:47   Link #8328
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good God the Centurion is huge compared to what came before.
Old 2014-09-05, 03:44   Link #8329
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So the first match we see in Ribbon Warrior is vs... Anzio XD

Old 2014-09-05, 03:56   Link #8330
cupumanager

Quote:
So the first match we see in Ribbon Warrior is vs... Anzio XD
Remembering the competition, this is an inevitability...You need solid callbacks.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 05:49   Link #8331
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So awaiting translation confirmation on this one, but supposedly our Bonple girl shown at the very top of this page is named... Grandmaster Eggs? Eh?

Old 2014-09-05, 06:08   Link #8332
Top Sergeant

Quote:
First preview images for Ribbon Warrior:

So our protagonist's tank is a Type 97 Te-Ke. Also, we see a Pz.38(t) and an M2A4 as well.
That tank on the right sure looks like an M3 Stuart. It even has the round plates over the ports where the sponson machineguns were removed. The hull is the wrong shape for an M2.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2014-09-05 at 06:09. Reason: clarity
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 06:39   Link #8333
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
That tank on the right sure looks like an M3 Stuart. It even has the round plates over the ports where the sponson machineguns were removed. The hull is the wrong shape for an M2.
It's the wrong shape for the M2 Medium tank, but the correct one for the M2A4 Light tank.

The M2A4 Light tank and early model M3 Stuart do look rather similar though, and thus can be confusing (before I edited my initial post, the M3 Stuart was in fact my first choice).

Edit:

So the issue of whether it's an M2A4 or M3 Stuart comes up elsewhere, and it was pointed out that if Ribbon Warrior has a 10 ton limit to its tanks, the M3 Stuart would be a couple of tons too heavy, and the M3 deleted the MG sponsons by completely covering it up as a single plate instead of the circular bolted plates like on the M2A4.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2014-09-05 at 06:56.
Old 2014-09-05, 08:26   Link #8334
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
Remembering the competition, this is an inevitability...You need solid callbacks.
Sadly, even in such a contest, Anzio with its MG-armed CVs is still quite powerless.

And the manga author insists on his dark Anzio interpretation (look at Pepperoni's face). As for Bonple, I think after seeing that arrogant face of the Captain, everyone is substantially less sympathetic to them getting blasted vs Pravda.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 08:42   Link #8335
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Sadly, even in such a contest, Anzio with its MG-armed CVs is still quite powerless.

And the manga author insists on his dark Anzio interpretation (look at Pepperoni's face). As for Bonple, I think after seeing that arrogant face of the Captain, everyone is substantially less sympathetic to them getting blasted vs Pravda.
I dunno about Pepperoni's face, as she's always had something of a smug/arrogant look at times when she's not being a goof. Also, IIRC Pepperoni wasn't even a character in the manga adaptation.

As for our Grandmaster, not sure about less sympathetic, but she certainly has a spiffy uniform:

Old 2014-09-05, 09:01   Link #8336
arkhangelsk

The uniform is spiffy, but she looks more like a villain than Dark Manga Anchovy ever did - I think the manga author never quite got the idea that GuP is supposed to be non-offensive and fluffy.

Worse, she sounds like a moron, because a Te-Ke is armed with a 37mm gun and would actually be a decent player in the <10 ton ranks, and she herself drives a 7TP, which is right at the weight limit and is armed with another 37mm gun.

And I must wonder how this is not a sport, since I just don't see them taking off all the carbon armor (they might thin it out, though).

Nonna, you did right to shoot this little Bxxxx and her subordinates up. If this is connected to Main Continuity, we now have a possible reason why the Bonple 7TP was bashed up so badly it had to raise a manual white flag...

Quote:
I dunno about Pepperoni's face, as she's always had something of a smug/arrogant look at times when she's not being a goof
Pepperoni can be a bit stern at times, and a bit overconfident, but her eyes don't turn as icy as in the picture.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2014-09-05 at 09:32.
Old 2014-09-05, 09:35   Link #8337
cupumanager

Ha, seems like minor Senshado League commanders all have Delusions of Grandeur (Katyusha notwithstanding, since she have sheer force of Pravda to back her up...or rather, raise her up)

C'mon, let the kids play in their own playground of 10 ton restrictions...an M18 can outrun them all in Senshado League...

Yes, I agree...Te-Ke is a good choice for under 10 tonnes for its firepower, speed, and light weight; Armor would not be so important in a Race.

After another look, Other tanks like lightened M2 or Pz 35(t) have more powerful engines, AND power-to-weight ratio. The question is, do ~5tonnes give them some drawbacks not mitigated by more power?

Also, if lightened M2 is legal, so does llightened BT-5. That tank have great power/weight ratio.

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-09-05 at 09:47.
Old 2014-09-05, 09:46   Link #8338
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
Yes, I agree...Te-Ke is a good choice for under 10 tonnes for its firepower, speed, and weight; Armor would not be so important in a Race.
Armor still matters because you can still get shot at. It's just that between the 10 tonne weight restriction and the need to reach the finish line before you die of starvation, it is not much of an option to armor up more than you had to.
Old 2014-09-05, 09:51   Link #8339
arkhangelsk

Well, if they can get past the vehicle check. But a M24 also can, as can a BT.

But it is not only a race - heck it is not a race. But a fight.

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The katakana says "Tankathlon" but the kanji says "Sensya Kyougi" or Tank Competition. There's only one rule, tanks must be under 10 tons.

In the lower right corner it says "This is an 'in-the-wild' contest held independently by tankers." and the lower left says "It is still little know, but getting more popular by the year."

And we have two tankettes shooting at each other. And people watching and cheering from a horribly close range.

From what little is in the picture, I'd say the main "claim to fame" of tankathlon is that because the firepower and numbers used is low, it doesn't need all the fancy setup with Federation judges being dispatched (even to a so called friendly match), areas cleared out and all. Two sides can "just agree" to have one and the match can start with either none or at least greatly reduced need for official involvement.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2014-09-05 at 10:56. Reason: Improving work safety
Old 2014-09-05, 09:55   Link #8340
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, if they can get past the vehicle check. But a M24 also can, as can a BT.
You mean a M2A4? Shaving 1-2 tonnes is plausible, but no way you can strip 8 tonnes out of a Chaffee...

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks