AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 69 14.32%
Lelouch x C.C. 272 56.43%
Lelouch x Karen 199 41.29%
Lelouch x Shirley 106 21.99%
Lelouch x Milly 43 8.92%
Lelouch x Viletta 10 2.07%
Suzaku x Euphemia 126 26.14%
Suzaku x Nunally 36 7.47%
Jeremiah x Viletta 23 4.77%
Cornelia X Guilford 34 7.05%
Nina x Euphemia 25 5.19%
Zero x Karen 123 25.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 22:57   Link #61
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I think his similarity with a certain Kira Yamato kinda make it hard not to not hate him for some peoples ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Euphie's too good for Suzaku. He needs to end up cold and alone, preferably floating around as a bunch ash particles. She needs to join Lelouch's harem.
If this include .. I demand Lulu x Cornelia as well
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-01-10, 23:04   Link #62
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Those who hate him for his similarities to Kira is blind to who he really is.

I like Kira A LOT, but I personally find it hard to like Suzaku. Actually, in a different manner, he's technically the anti-thesis of Kira in the approach in a good manner. But essentially it all goes to...Suzaku is a major hypocrite, Kira is not. Even if Kira somewhat is, he accepts and doesn't deny it. Suzaku on the other hand...*looks at Episode 10 and 12* LAWL.

Suzaku is not a bad character, mind anyone. He's okay when he's interacting with friends normally or shutting up. It's just that he doesn't come across as someone likable when he's a Britiannia soldier preaching his justice/internal change crap. If he was like...a politician or a pacifist preacher, then it'd be different..a bit.

Not to mention I can't feel the same ~umph chemistry from Suzaku/Euphie compared to Kira/Lacus.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:17   Link #63
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin
Why all the hate for Suzaku? C'mon, he's really not THAT bad. He certainly doesn't deserve all this animosity towards him. He's just too idealistic that's all. I think he'll be a character that can benefit from some development as the series progesses. I honestly think he's got his heart in the right place.
While a character like Suzaku would receive a warm reception a few years ago (allusion to Kenshin), it is impossible to separate him from Kira. After the Fukada episode, we all know that his kind ruins a good story.

Even so, the hate isn't really directed towards Suzaku, but his propensity to succeed under such naivete; we want his ass to be kicked, for the sake of the story. The other hatred came from Kira fans who saw him as an imposter to their ideal character. Obviously, Kira is basically God, but Suzaku is under a more realistic scenario. Though Suzaku epitomizes Kira, he also disgraces him.

Of course, there are some people who would make firm arguments about the flaws and hypocricy of Suzaku's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodseeker
WTF @ Lelouch X Viletta... where did that one come from? Better that she join his harem than end up in a grave next to Orange-kun though.
it isn't totally implausible . After all, if we take their scenes out of context, we would have 1. Vilette obeying Lelouch's order (under Geass) 2. Vilette studying Lelouch's picture very carefully 3. Vilette trying to remember Lelouch's face (as the one who stole her nightmare... which fits perfectly into the cliche'd drama with amnesia). Man Lelouch is a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodseeker
Euphie's too good for Suzaku. He needs to end up cold and alone, preferably floating around as a bunch ash particles. She needs to join Lelouch's harem.
*insert moment when Shinn killed Lunamaria's sister and Luna falls in love with him* It's possible all right.

The choice options need to be expanded. Though romance isn't a priority for the overall theme of Code Geass, it is fun to make groupies . Lloyd and Cecile all the way > : D
Old 2007-01-11, 03:39   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Why all the hate for Suzaku? C'mon, he's really not THAT bad. He certainly doesn't deserve all this animosity towards him. He's just too idealistic that's all.
No. See, kids who chain themselves to trees are too idealistic. Suzaku, OTOH, is no different from people who plant bombs in crowded marketplaces.

While he may talk a good talk, he supports the Britannian army. Worse, he doesn't even see how its actions are no better than the "methods" of the terrorists he so despise. They're actually worse: terrorists act that way because they're weak and serve a higher purpose. Britannians do it because they have no regard for human life and are greedy, power hungry bastards.

Kira's not the same at all. He's always known that as a soldier himself, he had little room to talk about the wrongdoings of other soldiers, even those on opposite sides. His actions were also in accordance with his goals: to protect his friends. To protect civilians. To end the war. He didn't, say, enter Blue Cosmos' service in the hopes of changing their ways from the inside.
Old 2007-01-11, 03:48   Link #65
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Why all the hate for Suzaku? C'mon, he's really not THAT bad. He certainly doesn't deserve all this animosity towards him. He's just too idealistic that's all. I think he'll be a character that can benefit from some development as the series progesses. I honestly think he's got his heart in the right place.
Heart in right place, whatever brain he has is in all the wrong places.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-01-11, 04:04   Link #66
JayF

Let's start a hate Suzaku thread if you must, but let's keep the talk here to how many of the girls will be in Lulu's harem by the show's end, or how things will go yaoi on us.
Old 2007-01-11, 04:10   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yaoi. Oh! I've got it! At the end, Lelouch will turn the emperor into his personal sex-slave-cum-human-furniture! The ultimate power-and-revenge-trip.
Old 2007-01-11, 04:28   Link #68
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Why is there no Lulu x Suzaku in the poll?

Come on, it only edges further than Lulu x C.C in terms of fansites (well, maybe L+C.C got 30, and Lulu x Suzaku, like... 500, if I recall) but give the pairing a slot in the poll. D:
Old 2007-01-11, 04:33   Link #69
Kaijin
かいじん

WOW! I didn't know my comment would cause such a big commotion. Sorry, gomen, je suis desole etc...
Old 2007-01-11, 04:36   Link #70
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i would say the most stable couple would be lelouch / shirley. he need a common girl to forget his ambition/hate/whatever teenage angst he has. especially after episode 12, it would be a big testimony of mutual forgiveness. lelouch pushing aside his hate of the british and shirley "forgiving" him for her father death. unfortunately i dont see this happen because unless the rules in anime have changed the shy girl never get anypart of the cake, and also forgiving the death of her father might be too hard to ask . maybe when LL will reveale his identity she will say something like i love LL but hate Z so blah blah impossible blah blah to wich LL would reply something like blah blah i understant blah blah was driven and blah blah ending with both of the parting with a heavy heart full of remorse for LL and broken for S.

Maybe after this episode LL will change his method as he ll have realise that even british have children familly etc etc and he actually did the same action that lead him to seek vengeance.
I must admit i would love to see him reconfort shirley but just not changing in anyway keeping his nice friendly face at school be still being as cold hearted when he is Z, just because i love character that behave like assholes instead of candy like marshmallow.
Old 2007-01-11, 13:44   Link #71
bond4154

I think so too. A lot of people say that Suzaku spews out idealistic bullshit behind an itchy trigger finger, but there are only two people that he actually killed so far. And he certainly didn't cause landslides. (He did sink a hotel, but he had assumed rescue teams would be inside to save the hostages.)
Old 2007-01-11, 13:46   Link #72
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ahem.
*points at thread title*
Let's not have xris or Catgirls locking the thread for repeated off-topicness, hm?
Old 2007-01-11, 17:05   Link #73
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Looking at this ending scene here, Millay is the ONLY choice for Queen.

Neko-Mini Mode
Yuri
and Oneesan appeal.
Old 2007-01-11, 21:50   Link #74
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, I'd vote Milly for queen for sure.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-01-11, 22:51   Link #75
Deario

Today's Subject!
Lelouch x Viletta
Heres how this could work: Viletta seeks out Lelouch who may have some relation with the Black Knights and ulitmately Zero. So she decides to get close to him by friendship and or seducement. Reveresly hes trying to get her to become a tool, and only the big G knows how geniuses work.. EX. Raito, Lelouch
In the end she betrays Britannia and joins the Knights and she Kallen are always conflicting since Viletta is closer to zero and some kind of captain/general to him and lover.

Far fetched? Maybe, but Viletta has my vote for the best looking female in Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion. But Cornelia and Millay giver her a run with personailties and bosoms.
Old 2007-01-11, 23:20   Link #76
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deario View Post
Maybe, but Viletta has my vote for the best looking female in Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion.
I'm glad someone else thinks so. Although, I couldn't see her ending up with Lelouch. I can't figure out why there aren't more Jeremiah x Viletta supporters. They have plenty in common, both having been screwed over by Zero, and seem to work well together. Considering 'orange' is the punch line to every fandom joke, I'd think people would pity Jeremiah and want him to have a solid pairing... or maybe that's just me.
Old 2007-01-12, 01:47   Link #77
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I'm guessing after episode 13, the chances for people getting the Lelouch X Shirley pairing are pretty much impossible unless something like this happens:

......nope I got nothing that pairing is screwed.
Old 2007-01-12, 02:17   Link #78
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I'm guessing after episode 13, the chances for people getting the Lelouch X Shirley pairing are pretty much impossible unless something like this happens:

Hahaha, that pairing was doomed from the start. Let's throw in Lelouch x Kaguya (newtype showed her name as Kaguya, not Sakuya) instead. I want an episode where she invites the OoBKs to tea. She'll know Zero's identity from the Kyoto Messenger. She can act all friendly with him, while Kallen gets jealous that she still doesn't know his face, and C.C gets jealous that he's acting all intimate with some other girl. She can also give one of those "fu fu fu" laughs to provoke Kallen. Then they can sit around and rag on Suzaku.
Old 2007-01-12, 03:06   Link #79
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post

Actually, it isn't that bad. Shirely is still vulnerable to geass, so her experience could still be wiped clean. There isn't any other option that allowed Shirley to survive the short term, because Lulu can't under any circumstances trust Shirley to keep her mouth shut from the government, nor could he kidnap her without raising suspicion about the school. Anything else would require her to die, so be glad Geass is still viable as a trump card.
Old 2007-01-12, 05:56   Link #80
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deario View Post
Maybe, but Viletta has my vote for the best looking female in Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion.
I prefer CC for looks, but I'll say one thing for sure: Viletta's definitely underrated. (I'd say that she ties with Karen as the second hottest CG girl) Euphie too.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance