AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 00:53   Link #1
gundamfans

Naruto Gc Game? Anyone Played?

AS title, anyone played the Naruto GC Game? Any good?
gundamfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:44   Link #2
[Orochimaru]

Nope, haven't played it, but do you know about any emulators to GC on PC?
[Orochimaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 04:09   Link #3
Tobumon
Ferret Trunks

I played it and it's very good. If you're planning on getting it, though, get the sequel. It has everything from the first game, plus loads more.
Tobumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 04:13   Link #4
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Funny IF you play with others (Naruto 2, haven't played part 1).
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 04:17   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

2 is a very shallow fighting game. Looks excellent though. They need a bigger selection of characters, more finishing moves, more specials, and they really, really need to get it off the GameCube so it can be on a console with a controller that supports fighting games.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 05:22   Link #6
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
very true about the game cube controllers, they suck ...but , yea it is a great game to play, really fun , the fighting and the moves are very basic. But even though it is so basic, there is still a decent amount of moves, and a really nice veriation of combo's u can do. It is realy fun when u play with friends after u have everything unlocked. if u get it though , get the second 1 ... like sum1 else said, it has everything else the 1st one had and a hole lot more, even the charactors from the 1st game . but i think the 2nd one has a very very nice size of charactors. only missing shino and choji. and that is really the only thing i dont like about it,
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 06:08   Link #7
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Naruto 2 pwns
it perfectly suits the gamecube pad with its simplicity and has got boring at all for me, me anda friend were playing it last night for aaaaaaaaaaaaages, time flew by

i agree it needs more characters, the special moves im fine with though, maybe give all the characters more moves

and yeah, there was already a thread on this and there is a game forum
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 07:28   Link #8
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
I got to play this at the recent MegaCON in Orlando.. It was flat out AWESOME.. They had a little boothe so I was hoping they would be selling it, but no dice.. They didnt have a copy for sale =( It was all in japanese, which I don't speak very well, but I didnt care. I was raedy to shell out the money on the spot.. Thats how good I thought it was. =)
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 09:31   Link #9
reymysteriojr

theres already a thread about the naruto game cube game.
reymysteriojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 13:14   Link #10
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
very true about the game cube controllers, they suck ...but , yea it is a great game to play, really fun , the fighting and the moves are very basic. But even though it is so basic, there is still a decent amount of moves, and a really nice veriation of combo's u can do. It is realy fun when u play with friends after u have everything unlocked. if u get it though , get the second 1 ... like sum1 else said, it has everything else the 1st one had and a hole lot more, even the charactors from the 1st game . but i think the 2nd one has a very very nice size of charactors. only missing shino and choji. and that is really the only thing i dont like about it,
It's not "just missing Shino and Choji".

They gave Sakura powers she doesn't have in the anime to allow her to be a selectable character. Iruka shouldn't be in the game either, and instead of adding real characters, they put in Karasu and Akamaru.

There are a decent amount of combos, yes, but there aren't enough special moves. For example, Shikamaru only has one special move...he traps you with the Kagemane, and throws a shuriken causing the enemy to hit their head into a wall...which didn't exist, and then disappears. Every character has 1 piddling Super move, and a varying amount of specials.

The next game needs Temari, Dosu, Zaku and Kin. (They're bit characters, but they're ALL combat oriented.) Choji and Shino need to appear. Sakura needs to be only used in team up animations. Jiraiya needs to appear, as do the 3rd Hokage and Asuma.

What they should really do, though, is split up the game...the 1 on 1 combat characters should be usable in the 1 on 1 game. Characters that are support, should be usable in a 2 v 2 game only. Shika and Ino...people like them are great for a 2 on 2 match...stun one guy, and the combat character unloads.

I've got a lot of beefs with the game, but that's because I like the series so much.
Old 2004-03-16, 18:03   Link #11
hyphz
Motenakute Buotoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
They gave Sakura powers she doesn't have in the anime to allow her to be a selectable character.
Drat. I played the game before I saw the show and have been anticipating the moment when Inner Sakura would pound on someone.
hyphz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:12   Link #12
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Only happens in the fight with Ino so far. She hasn't released Inner Sakura.
Old 2004-03-16, 23:28   Link #13
Tobumon
Ferret Trunks

Picky picky...Naruto 2 is waaaay better than the first game. It has over 20 characters, faaar more than the measly 8 from the first game, and you say you want even -more- characters. Isn't 20+ more than enough for you?

There's nothing wrong with light fighting games either, since people would rather jump right in and play instead of figuring out arcane button combos to unleash a move. The GCN controller is perfectly suited for these kinds of games too. I can play fine with the GCN's digital pad...it's small, I agree, but I had no problems using it.

I also agree that they wasted character slots by adding in Akamaru and Karasu, but that's just a small thing. Everything else about the game rocks.
Tobumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 08:11   Link #14
hyphz
Motenakute Buotoko

I wouldn't agree with the complaint about the number of characters, but I can sympathise far more with the complaint that the characters are too generic.

As mentioned above, most of the characters only have one or two moves that are recognizable from the anime, and it's usually their supers (which you don't see often because of the super/Kamawari-no-Jutsu balancing system). Other than that, they've just thrown in relatively dull moves to fill out the lists.

By far the worst example of this is Sasuke. About the only thing he has from the Anime is his fire breath move. Even his super isn't anything recognizable, he just hits the opponent a load of times and says "Shishi Rendan". Wow. Likewise with Haku. He gets a crippled Demonic Ice Mirrors as his super, but apart from that, there's nothing special about him except that he throws needles instead of shurikens.
Old 2004-03-17, 08:35   Link #15
Uzumaki||Demon
-»-»Kyubified«-«-

Bah I want a PC version
Uzumaki||Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 08:56   Link #16
Naruto82
The Next Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphz
I wouldn't agree with the complaint about the number of characters, but I can sympathise far more with the complaint that the characters are too generic.

As mentioned above, most of the characters only have one or two moves that are recognizable from the anime, and it's usually their supers (which you don't see often because of the super/Kamawari-no-Jutsu balancing system). Other than that, they've just thrown in relatively dull moves to fill out the lists.

By far the worst example of this is Sasuke. About the only thing he has from the Anime is his fire breath move. Even his super isn't anything recognizable, he just hits the opponent a load of times and says "Shishi Rendan". Wow. Likewise with Haku. He gets a crippled Demonic Ice Mirrors as his super, but apart from that, there's nothing special about him except that he throws needles instead of shurikens.
try unlocking Sharingan Sasuke Chidori is badass and you can Charge it

Sharingan Kakashi vs Sakura (hehe) Inner Kakashi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. unstopable with Kankuro
Naruto82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 09:03   Link #17
[Orochimaru]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki||Demon
Bah I want a PC version
me2, mate
[Orochimaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 12:02   Link #18
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
is it in english version?? if yeah, where could i get it?
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 14:47   Link #19
hyphz
Motenakute Buotoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto82
try unlocking Sharingan Sasuke Chidori is badass and you can Charge it

Sharingan Kakashi vs Sakura (hehe) Inner Kakashi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. unstopable with Kankuro
Yea, Kakashi's version of the Chidori is incredibly powerful too... if you charge it all the way, it has (apparantly) unlimited range. It's weird really.. basically it's a good skill test, 'cos the opponent has to try to hit Kakashi to stop him getting the unlimited range version, but if he does that, Kakashi can peg him with a lower range version IF his timing on the button is right. Nice touch.

It's only available in Japanese, but the import is dead easy to play. I got it from PlayAsia.
Old 2004-03-17, 15:35   Link #20
Icer

Yeah, I have both of them.
Naruto 1 was kind of a let down because it didnt have too many characters, but part 2 was great. Worth the money.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote