AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 01:28   Link #61
iBeast

Can somebody refresh my memory about that scroll? I know Juugo and what's his face were looking for Sasuke all this time... I think I remember they went back to Oro's old hideout... don't remember anything about any scroll though.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 01:51   Link #62
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Any idea as to what the 3rd power in the title refers to? I was looking forward to seeing a new sharingan power but it looks more like it might refer to Oro himself.
its whatever is in the scroll. def not a sharingan tech and not susano'o. susano'o is old now. i'm more inclined to think its about the 3rd sage ability. it makes sense for sasuke to become a sage at this point and to be one we haven't seen before since we've seen the snake sennin mode now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What are the 1st and 2nd power?
frog and snake sage mode if this 3rd power goes in that direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
That would be epic, and more believable than many of the "Who is Tobi?" theories.

*Crosses fingers and hopes, against all hope, that Tobi is Orochi*
i'll give you it would be epic, but def. LESS believable for orochimaru to have slaughtered the uchiha and unleashed the kyuubi and ran akatsuki when he couldn't even last 2 seconds against itachi... i love oro and all, but it would make no sense at all for him to be tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
For starters
1>orochimaru never Got sealed off completely...see back the manga or anime..when itachi seal him with his sword..one white snake drop to the ground and slitter away..meaning he escape but only left fragment of his power and went into hiding...I won't be surprise if sasuke went back to the same spot he had the showdown with itachi to find orochimaru hiding in all that rubble..
the snakes were killed by amaterasu. none of orochimaru escaped itachi. end of story

Quote:
2>I not sure who is tobi...but my money is he is from the FUTURE!!! He saw the first hand of the future and use his space time thingy to go way back to the past to try to change it leaving him in a weaken state...time travel jutsu is possible ...he is from the future trying to change the fate of the ninja world...tobi is a good guy playing the bad guy to tried to get the five nation to team up for a better future..I am pretty sure it's possible...it makes a lot of sense as well..tobi has been controlling the ninja world since the very beginning
that's it. tobi is naruto from the future! it's so obvious now

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Can somebody refresh my memory about that scroll? I know Juugo and what's his face were looking for Sasuke all this time... I think I remember they went back to Oro's old hideout... don't remember anything about any scroll though.
it was completely random so it makes sense that you didn't remember it. juugo and suigetsu randomly found it in orochimaru's old hideout, looked at it without the readers knowing what it said, then they randomly found sasuke at the perfect time and we still don't know what it is aside from being a 3rd power. my hunch is the 3rd sage mode but there aren't many hints if any at this point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 03:35   Link #63
Lunarskylar

well actually it couldd be the white snake that escaped and got burned by amaterasu
if kishi wanted to have no possibility of orochimaru surviving itachi`s onslaught, then he wouldn`t have needed to create the small snakes in the first place, only to burn them the next chapter, which we all thought was suspicious to begin with

hpwever, now he can create a twist saying that because the snake was burnt so much, the oro remant that managed to finally escape (since the white snake represents rebirth, regeneration and etc) could have been so damaged by the black flames that it just finished regaining the power to return oro to his former glory and sasuke recently sensed it

or oro might not even be at full power or anything, he could just be a fragmented part of his riginal power, slowly trying to regain his strength

it doesn`t matter either way. i`ve always suspected orochimaru`s return after kishi continued to add his influence to various parts of the story, but I had expected kabuto to have secretly revived him after edo tenseiing itachi

that`s also a possibility, that orochi was brought back and has just been on the downlow til teh right moment
Old 2012-07-05, 06:01   Link #64
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Tobi is Orochimaru...
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:11   Link #65
Raph
Genin for ever

Guys c'mon, get it real. I know you love Oro, but he is not Tobi.
Tobi is way much more powerfull than Orochimaru, there is no way. I can't even imagine what makes you think that.

My bet is if Orochimaru comes back into his physical body, he will use Anko's Body
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:23   Link #66
ImperialFlameGod8190

Forget Orochimaru it would appear that in the next chapter Tobi is gonna finally summon the 10 tails which means a real monster beast is coming out to play
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:38   Link #67
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Even trough nothing really happened in this chapter. It's nice to have a few chapters of build up. So later chapters will actually make sense.

I really have to wander if Tobi is an idiot. During his fight with Naruto all he used is Biju's and his time space technique. And when that failed he goes immediately to Juubi. How did he planed to fight this whole war by himself and Zetsus (who were easily beaten). It really makes him look stupid. If Kabuto didn't join him, he would have been beaten fast.

Edit:
Quote:
I really *don't* have to wonder if you're a naruto fanboy. You don't know shit about what tobi can do, and you're calling him stupid
Really? I got a kick out of people telling me that. But what does that make you. I know! A Stupid (ignorant) Fanboy!!!!

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2012-07-10 at 02:30.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:28   Link #68
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post

I really have to wander if Tobi is an idiot. During his fight with Naruto all he used is Biju's and his time space technique. And when that failed he goes immediately to Juubi. How did he planed to fight this whole war by himself and Zetsus (who were easily beaten). It really makes him look stupid. If Kabuto didn't join him, he would have been beaten fast.
PLOT HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-07-05, 10:15   Link #69
christinemarie
Crazy One

Actually, that extreme plot hole before he even met Kabuto and access to the forbidden reanimation jutsu won't really won't matter since he has other ways to initiate his moon plan and with huge success using his warp something.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:17   Link #70
prakash123

The way I interpret it is the might 2 different meanings about the "third power".the first is like sasuke mentioned...the clan(both uchiha and senju)being the first power.secondly the village which is the alliance formed between the 2 clans and the formation of konoha being the 2nd power and lastly being a shin obi(an individual) is what is the 3rd power.so this might actually mean it's a decision sass has to make(is he gonna fight for is clan,his village or for himself....or something interesting that iThought of....

The bloodlines of the so6p
The uchiha and senju originated from the sage am I right?
I'm not which brother the elder or younger posess whichever bloodlines(the uchiha and senju being the 1st and 2nd power according to their age)so maybe there was a third bloodline that has yet to be revealed and that is what sasu is abt o find out?
so in summary maybe the so6p might have had a 3rd son?
Just something I was thinking of.

Last edited by prakash123; 2012-07-05 at 10:50.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:39   Link #71
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

There is another translation where the chapter is titled 'Third Force'.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:42   Link #72
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
frog and snake sage mode if this 3rd power goes in that direction
Well if it heads in that direction then there's also a possibility of a monkey sage mode.if I'm not mistaken the 5tails monkey did mention to naruto that he was some kind of a great sage monkey/ape
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:18   Link #73
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
well actually it couldd be the white snake that escaped and got burned by amaterasu
if kishi wanted to have no possibility of orochimaru surviving itachi`s onslaught, then he wouldn`t have needed to create the small snakes in the first place, only to burn them the next chapter, which we all thought was suspicious to begin with
kishi didnt need the white snakes as an out for bringing orochimaru back. like sasuke noted and was discussed a lot in previous threads here, anko still has the curse mark which shows that he is still around in some capacity. given orochimaru's genius and extensive research on ET, there were always many ways to bring him back.

I took the white snakes' failed escape vs itachi as a symbol of just how strong, smart and thorough itachi was in attempting to eliminate orochimaru. even though itachi technically failed, he still prevented any portion of orochimaru in his vicinity from escaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
Well if it heads in that direction then there's also a possibility of a monkey sage mode.if I'm not mistaken the 5tails monkey did mention to naruto that he was some kind of a great sage monkey/ape
i doubt it will be monkey for 2 reasons. 1 it's not sasuke's type, more likely hawk or possibly cat but not likely. for another reason, it would further diminish sarutobi's prestige in that he wasnt a monkey sage and a character like him really should have been if it was possible. i know sage mode wasn't even part of the story back then, but it still needs to fit together with present scenarios. (hopefully.. *cough* ..senju.. *ahem*)
Old 2012-07-05, 12:02   Link #74
Hiking_Bear

Based purely on the image from the last page, I would interpret the third power to be Sasuke, with Madara and Tobi being the other two powers that the ninja alliance has to deal with.

Orochimaru's return was sort of foreshadowed with the kidnapping of Anko. And it's not unexpected, since Kishi has brought back pretty much every villain in this war arc (including the sound four). Orochimaru was sealed by the sword, so I guess Sasuke possesses that weapon now. If he is released, he will need a host body - perhaps Anko's since she is compatible with the cursed seal?

As for the scroll, I think the hints connect it to the Six Paths Sage (i.e. the one who knows all). Although, there are other possibilities.

For example, I expect that Orochimaru would have researched how to break the Dead Demon Seal, since he wanted to reclaim the use of his arms. Maybe the scroll contains a way for that to happen. Another issue that the manga needs to address is the fact that half of the 9-tails chakra is still sealed inside the Dead Demon, as well as the souls of the four hokages who are locked in eternal battle. In order for there to be closure, I think Kishi must free the souls of the hokages as well as the rest of the 9-tails. Plus, who doesn't want to see a repeat showdown between Hashirama and Madara?
Old 2012-07-05, 12:12   Link #75
Cista

How will Tobi use the kyuubi chakra from Gin and Kin if they'll disappear as soon as they are released?
Cista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:05   Link #76
23 gundam fan

great chapter overall... but man does anyone think mei is making the kaga look bad, dont get me wrong the kaga are in all kinds of trouble, but they dont need one of there own saying it all the time. which is why the others are always telling her to shut the hell up. as far as sasuke goes i think a sage hood power up is on the way for him, we have all known that some sort of power up is coming. the question is what is to be sasuke place in the war. we already have two super all powerful bad guys, i cant see sasuke becoming the third.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:43   Link #77
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'll give you it would be epic, but def. LESS believable for orochimaru to have slaughtered the uchiha and unleashed the kyuubi and ran akatsuki when he couldn't even last 2 seconds against itachi... i love oro and all, but it would make no sense at all for him to be tobi
Which wasn't believable at all now considering the stunt Kish pulled giving Orochimaru the ability to Edo summon 1st and 2nd Hokage. I'm sure he intends for Itachi>Orochimaru (especially since Oro's strength is Ninjutsu-weak against Sharingan user), but looking at what we know of the 1st Hokage now... you have to ask yourself why didn't Oro use him to deal with Itachi.
Old 2012-07-05, 15:27   Link #78
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Which wasn't believable at all now considering the stunt Kish pulled giving Orochimaru the ability to Edo summon 1st and 2nd Hokage. I'm sure he intends for Itachi>Orochimaru (especially since Oro's strength is Ninjutsu-weak against Sharingan user), but looking at what we know of the 1st Hokage now... you have to ask yourself why didn't Oro use him to deal with Itachi.
since it happened back when oro was in akatsuki it is reasonable to assume that he didnt even know ET at that time. maybe he researched ET and got the 1st and 2nd dna because of how weak he was in that instant vs itachi and he realized he needed to use other ninja's powers to fight superninjas like itachi and sarutobi. also, itachi usually doesnt even let his opponents attack unless they are super strong. he always starts fights in control with sharingan. oro didnt have a chance from the second itachi sensed his intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Based purely on the image from the last page, I would interpret the third power to be Sasuke, with Madara and Tobi being the other two powers that the ninja alliance has to deal with.
good observation. unless the title has a dual meaning concerning the scroll, then it is just sasuke that is the third power. i tend to agree with this now. i do think it would make sense for sasuke to become a sage in order to rival naruto but perhaps there isnt enough time between now and their matchup to justify it and it will be saved for another time.

Quote:
For example, I expect that Orochimaru would have researched how to break the Dead Demon Seal, since he wanted to reclaim the use of his arms. Maybe the scroll contains a way for that to happen. Another issue that the manga needs to address is the fact that half of the 9-tails chakra is still sealed inside the Dead Demon, as well as the souls of the four hokages who are locked in eternal battle. In order for there to be closure, I think Kishi must free the souls of the hokages as well as the rest of the 9-tails. Plus, who doesn't want to see a repeat showdown between Hashirama and Madara?
i have been waiting for this to happen for a while now although i always assumed naruto would do it. i dont quite see what sasuke's motivation to unseal everyone would be unless its just for the 9tails chakra which he hasnt ever really wanted. it does make sense though that oro would have researched how to get his arms/techniques back from the death god though
Old 2012-07-05, 20:32   Link #79
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
This. If you ever doubt that power levels have changed dramatically in Naruto, go back and read from the beginning to the Destruction of Konoha. The Third was the strongest Hokage, who was once called the god of shinobi, and compared to most every Jounin and Kage-level ninja he just looks silly now. Heck, he's almost certainly now the weakest Hokage except for maybe Tsunade.

Where before he was basically a match for the First with Enma, even as an old man, we now know that the First was actually a jillion times stronger than anything he revealed in that fight. Heck, back then Orochimaru was a top-tier ninja who could paralyze Kakashi with fear from his killing intent alone.

Also, uh, how was Orochimaru planning to end Edo Tensei? Since now we know the Second invented it and if you know Edo Tensei, you can free yourself from it when the jutsu is canceled.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:19   Link #80
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
You know Oro isn't really coming back, right ? He is just chilling out at Orochimaru's Self Service Power Up Shop (whether it's a physical location or not remains to be seen though)
Trololol, true, true. But it's nice to see all the Orochimaru fans out there thinking, "But wait...could it be true? COULD IT BE TRUE?"

I really... want it to be true *sobs loudly*

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion