Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-02, 02:42   Link #181
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Rena is definitely eye-candy. Everything about her is cute, which makes me want to take her home.
Old 2007-03-04, 18:11   Link #182
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Rena wins. And I think that her "I want to take it home" is unnecessary, too. Just think what she has going for her:

1. Onikakushi-hen. Incredible bravery aside (as most other characters had the chance to show that, too), she gives the ultimate show of faith in all of Higurashi. Calmly waiting with outstretched arms (almost certainly after Keiichi had already killed Mion) as her friend prepares to finish her off. Believing in him, speaking to him until the last second. I doubt she even blinked when the strike came.

2. Tsumihoroboshi-hen. She is willing to kill two people to protect her vulnerable father. Many people here call this evil, regardless of her motives, but there is really no need to defend her. She crushes this argument herself; while it was her conscious decision, she openly declares it to be a sin ("Alone, I would not be able to bear this cross"). Her perception of good and evil isn't as bad as people seem to think.

Later on, we don't really know what she sees (think about Keiichi's visions), but you have to remember her paranoia. Even so, she sacrifices the last day of her life ("I will probably claw my throat out tonight") to protect others. Call her desperate methods despicable, if you so wish. In the end, unlike Keiichi and Shion, she is able to regain her senses (and the two did have their own last-chance talks too) before killing anyone. But even before that, she clearly avoids killing - heavily wounding both Rika and Mion, but not finishing them off despite her perfect conviction of their betrayal.

3. In other arcs, she is still a colorful heroine. Visiting waste dumps in search of treasure isn't really that weird, but very original and endearing. And her obsession with truth in Onikakushi-hen being continued with her deductive ability later on fits really well.

That is all on Rena . Second place goes to Mion, for a well balanced character who got too little screen time. Satoko and Keiichi get third place together.

I feel Rika will truly shine if they air season 2. This season sets her up to explode in our faces. Also Takano-san gets the award for the most fascinating side character, she was perfect at creeping me out.

Ooishi could very well be the one I liked least in the show. I accept that people like him are often needed, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. (Note: His mysterious "private reasons" for this case could change my mind.)
Old 2007-03-04, 21:21   Link #183
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i voted rika.. her poems rock
Old 2007-03-10, 15:36   Link #184
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Couldn't stand Mion, Satoko and Keichi (because of his bu****it Kira Yamato uggly voice)
Yeah, that was my problem with Keiichi too. He's Kira!

I voted for Rika!

But poor Satoko only got 6! That's not fair. Poor her!
Old 2007-03-18, 22:39   Link #185
Schwarzwald
Tanjuu Oserotto

Rena actually made it into AnimeOnDVD's last round of character voting:
http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...id/18426/tp/1/
I figure, maybe, just maybe, if Geneon keeps seeing fan support like they do on this board, they might keep throwing money at Higurashi...(Please Lord let the second season cover the PS2 arcs, and someday maybe Matsuribayashi-hen/Saikoroshi-hen)
Old 2007-05-21, 01:23   Link #186
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Keiiiichiii~ I just loove him. ^^

1) Keiichi
2) Rika
3) Rena
4) Satoko
5) Satoshi
6) Shion
7) Mion

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-05-24, 05:54   Link #187
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
It's pretty hard to choose. Keiichi is cool, and was pretty awsome when he used the baseball bat to kill Satoko's grandfather(?)

Satoko would be next on my list, she's spunky and really quite cute. She looks even cuter in the episode where she gets tortured to death.

Then last, the one I voted for, mainly because it's hard to choose between Keiichi and Satoko, would be Mion. There was no certain episode she looked better to me in. She was great throughout the whole series.

Last edited by Crystal Requiem; 2007-05-24 at 14:12.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:15   Link #188
Omega Zero
God of Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Omega Zero
Sonozaki Mion is my favorite.

the way that she handled the sucessor of the Sonozaki family, knowing what they do to keep Hinamizawa and Oyashiro-sama legend "safe" from others, and still manage to be herself . . .

and the girlish way that she have under that tomboy way . . . is really lovely!!!

Sonozaki Shion too!!! ^^

for similar reasons, since they weren't that different in personality anyway, Shion wasn't that much of a tomboy, but she haven't that girlish way that Mion does.
and, surprisingly, even for me, her psycho side on Satoshi "death" was . . . nice too!!!

Ryuugu Rena

i can't explain why i like her . . .
maybe it's her charisma!!!

Ps: ah . . . i have only watched the anime, i didn't played the games
Old 2007-05-26, 18:43   Link #189
rainbow_rena
*Artist

rena
rika
mion
shion
keichi
satoko
any others.
Old 2007-06-08, 22:13   Link #190
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Tomitake will always be my number one.*.* I've not seen the second season or anything, so there's still a lot I don't know, but he seems so fun and likable. So many others seem to dislike him though.;-;
Old 2007-06-11, 11:42   Link #191
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
go Rena woooo!
Old 2007-06-15, 14:48   Link #192
yami_arha
~celtic spirit~

Send a message via MSN to yami_arha
I can't decide between Rena and Rika really

but I somehow voted for Rika..
Old 2007-07-18, 20:15   Link #193
Echoes

Spoiler for episode 16+:
Old 2007-10-06, 13:39   Link #194
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Vote Mion because I felt sorry for her in Meakashi-hen, but I was converted in the second season polls, haha
Old 2007-10-06, 14:44   Link #195
Twarz

Rena.
Why ? Maybe 'cause she's the scaryest character of the Higurashi universe (at least in my point of view ^^). And I have a crush on every big axe / hatchet - wearing girls <3
Old 2007-10-07, 11:05   Link #196
LittleBuddy
Young Member

I voted for Rika because she is cute and mysterious but I like Rena too. She often seem crazy like she is going to kill all the world . I like her axe.
Old 2007-10-15, 02:20   Link #197
Sonozaki Shion
back in action ♥

Send a message via AIM to Sonozaki Shion Send a message via MSN to Sonozaki Shion
Voted Rena, I find her rather cute and she seems to have an extra sense which aided Rika a tad in Episode 13 - Higu Kai.

<33
Old 2007-10-15, 12:23   Link #198
phenom
Maebara Keiichi fan

Exclamation

Keiichi is the best character of the Higurashi universe

Charisma, value and determination and a bat XD

Go keiichi go
Old 2007-10-15, 13:56   Link #199
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Rena for me, she's so cute... even when she's psycho

Old 2007-10-16, 23:00   Link #200
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Seeing as this is also a "discussion" and not just a poll, I'd like to throw in a couple of my cents into this. I don't really like Rena. I can't say I care for her much. Her cute mode, is yes, cute, but... It just doesn't do it for me. Espescially when you have characters like Satoko and Mion on the side, losing the ime to shine in the face of Rena and Rika. Rika, by theway, is one of my favorites and despite the fact most of her cuteness is a forced facade, you can't not love her. Rena? Not so much.

And sad to say, I really which I could change my vote to Mion. At least it went to Kei-chan.
Closed Thread