AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-10, 04:59   Link #421
Nidas

I'm sure its been said already, but I'm not reading a 400+ reply topic to check so...

Imo it has to be the Carcaptor Sakura dub. People have been executed for less
Old 2006-12-10, 07:07   Link #422
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
No, and if I remember, it still sucked. I was a big Sailormoon geek when I was in junior high, but after watching more and more anime, Sailormoon was a nasty piece of poop.
Yes, actually DBZ sucked in the terms of DB canon. It just seemed like a rushed together action plot around a lot of pointless filler moments. It makes almost anything pale in comparison to the episode layout problems.

DB wasn't bad, GT just made things much more worse.

For future reference, you might not want to post so many replies instead of condensing them down to one post containing many quotes. The powers that be frown upon such things.
Old 2006-12-10, 07:50   Link #423
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha
Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha A's
Hm, this is pretty interesting. I found them quite exceptionaly well made and i liked them quite a bit. And this is coming from some one who normaly doesn't watch magical girl shows. Mind if i ask what you disliked about them so much ?
Old 2006-12-10, 08:07   Link #424
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
Quote:
OMG I forgot the worst anime productions of all time, silly me!

The following anime provoked bulimia:
SORCERER HUNTERS
EXCEL SAGA.
Pretty Sammy - in whatever flavor.

Cripes... this list is going to get HUGE....
If that's the list of the worst anime you've seen of all time, I envy you with a passion and wish upon you the evil that is Love Love?. Mwahahahaha! XD

Okay, that may be TOO evil for my standards. >_>

Personally, I love the Pretty Sammy spin-offs. I own Magical Project S (It's Mahou Shoujo Pretty Sammy, yo! XD) and I'm waiting for more of that Magical Girl Club to be subbed. XD
Old 2006-12-10, 08:29   Link #425
PastPrime

Quote:
No, and if I remember, it still sucked. I was a big Sailormoon geek when I was in junior high, but after watching more and more anime, Sailormoon was a nasty piece of poop.
The Japanese version, or the poorly dubed and censored American version.
Old 2006-12-10, 08:47   Link #426
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidas View Post
I'm sure its been said already, but I'm not reading a 400+ reply topic to check so...

Imo it has to be the Carcaptor Sakura dub. People have been executed for less
Yes, Card Captors has been mentioned, and it is the only Anime that I have watched much of that I think should be used as a frisbee. But, I can't comment on most bad anime because I stop watching what doesn't interest me. I don't have enought time to watch all the anime I like, much less watch what I don't like. I envy those people who have so much spare time that they can watch every episode of an anime that they hate just so they can complain about it in its forum.
Now some anime has disappointed me because I was expecting much more. I expected much more from NGE, Kiddy Grade, and Love Hina because of the hype, but they seemed average. Two recent series that I watched because it looked like, at anytime, it was going to get interesting were The Good Witch of the West and Dot Hack Roots. They both were a total waste of viewing time since they both basically just ended with nothing happening.
Old 2006-12-10, 08:56   Link #427
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm, this is pretty interesting. I found them quite exceptionaly well made and i liked them quite a bit. And this is coming from some one who normaly doesn't watch magical girl shows. Mind if i ask what you disliked about them so much ?
The first season was pretty lame up till the last few eps imo. Not really bad enough to be used as a frisbee though and it was a necessary evil to give the second season a backstory. The first season definitely lacked compelling characters. The Wolkenritter turned the series around imo. But Nanoha really isn't magical girl in the traditional sense, its seinen and loli fanservice more than anything else

Yeah kinda off topic I know... ah well, rant over
Old 2006-12-10, 09:14   Link #428
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, for me the first4 eps were not so good... ( at the time i was watching it out of utter boredom) ... after the introduction of Fate i was hooked on to the series. It is indeed not the typical magical girl show .... plus the characters really look like they are going at each other, instead of a friendly mock battle despite them being enemies.
Old 2006-12-10, 09:31   Link #429
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well yea...fate makes nanoha's world go round
actually i think that nanoha is the best mahou shoujo series ive seen it had everything! loli fanservice, fighting, emotion, happy times, sad times and eternal friends (but tbh guys werent given much choice in terms of friendship as nanoha wonk let them have a choice )
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5VbM6DmDY

what are you talking about?
hahaha! that has made my day but i bet bruce lee can do that IRL ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 14:50   Link #430
division
x/0

Quote:
On top of that, HELLO PEOPLE what about Soul Link...???
LOL, I entirely forgot about that and it hasn't even been that long. Although, I really get more of the feeling that watching Soul Link is akin to not doing anything for 5 hours more so than 5 hours of your life which you spent being tortured, which I'm sure some of the more winning titles people have recommended qualify as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Now some anime has disappointed me because I was expecting much more. I expected much more from NGE, Kiddy Grade, and Love Hina because of the hype, but they seemed average.
With Kiddy Grade I nearly cried after watching ep-1, I was really looking forward to it from the trailer that was released. Perhaps foolishly, I was hoping for something more than a series that consisted of only fanservice shots. I gave it a shot though and kept watching it and I was pleasantly suprised with the rest of the series. Although I'm still not sure if ep 1 just desensitized me to the rest of the episodes or if they cut back on panty-shots.
Old 2006-12-10, 16:30   Link #431
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, Soul Link is something that will definitely leave a scar in my soul for a long time... (or would, if only i had a soul )... but i did not name it because i actualy finished it, while there are shows that i dropped without finishing them, so i gues that alone places Soul Link above them.
Old 2006-12-16, 04:08   Link #432
Celes__

Quote:
Fruits basket (this is for kids, I dont know why older teens and up think this is sooo great)
It's not for kids, it's for anyone who has sensibility. One thing is that you don't like it; but an anime that can make a lot of people cry in a lot of episodes can't be one of the worst. That's for sure.
Old 2006-12-16, 13:41   Link #433
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Blood+ takes the cake for me D:

"Oh no! I'm a stupid little girl that's afraid to kill monsters that killed my family and friends! I'm gonna go cry now! WAHHHHH!"
Old 2006-12-16, 13:57   Link #434
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yea, im sure you would be all over the place kicking the living crap out of the foolish monsters that were stupid enough to cross your path in a heartbeat
Old 2006-12-16, 14:33   Link #435
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes__ View Post
It's not for kids, it's for anyone who has sensibility. One thing is that you don't like it; but an anime that can make a lot of people cry in a lot of episodes can't be one of the worst. That's for sure.
oh fruits basket is so overrated. I sorta got sick of every single character have something that's tragic and then tohru tells them something about something that her mom said, it was like a routine eventually. But it's not the worst, just really overrated.
And the anime just dragged on like crazy and all for an ending that wasn't even an ending, most of the last episode is just raining sound/tohru crying
Old 2006-12-16, 15:49   Link #436
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yea, im sure you would be all over the place kicking the living crap out of the foolish monsters that were stupid enough to cross your path in a heartbeat
I wouldn't be crying like a little b**** >.>

It's funny, because even after she kills a ton of them, she STILL can't get over the fact that OMG SHE'S TAKING A MONSTER'S LIFE.

Fact is, Saya is an emo
To list some of the many ridiculously overlooked flaws...

1. Saya's blood is the only thing that kills Chiropterans. So why doesn't Red Shield take some of her blood, put it in their bullets, and shoot the fack out of Diva?
2. It's been a scientific fact for almost half a century that there are WAY more than four bases that compose your genes. Even a middle schooler knows of one that the idiots who made Blood+ forgot: Uracil.
3. There is no character development. The only thing that comes close is 5 minute long flashbacks EVERY SINGLE EPISODE about how Saya killed some people in Vietnam, how Saya's dad was so nice, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Emo more please.

Before dismissing me for picking on minutae, think about it yourself. Production IG is a good studio. They did Ghost in the Shell:SAC. So I know they can make better crap than this.
Old 2006-12-16, 16:03   Link #437
Bloodseeker

Excel Saga. So annoying...

Reign the Conqueror. That show kept tricking me into thinking that it might get interesting, only to let me down time and time again, with the biggest let down being the ending. "Destroy the world" my ass.

Super Milk-chan. It reminded me of one of the UPN sitcoms that are just so unfunny that you can't even bring yourself to force a smile.
Old 2006-12-16, 16:37   Link #438
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I wouldn't be crying like a little b**** >.>

It's funny, because even after she kills a ton of them, she STILL can't get over the fact that OMG SHE'S TAKING A MONSTER'S LIFE.

Fact is, Saya is an emo
To list some of the many ridiculously overlooked flaws...

1. Saya's blood is the only thing that kills Chiropterans. So why doesn't Red Shield take some of her blood, put it in their bullets, and shoot the fack out of Diva?
2. It's been a scientific fact for almost half a century that there are WAY more than four bases that compose your genes. Even a middle schooler knows of one that the idiots who made Blood+ forgot: Uracil.
3. There is no character development. The only thing that comes close is 5 minute long flashbacks EVERY SINGLE EPISODE about how Saya killed some people in Vietnam, how Saya's dad was so nice, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Emo more please.
Killing the monsters gets her emo... maybe, but lets not forget - she is one of those monsters, she is not a human. I do not know to what degree this affects her, but she is hunting down her own kind. You really think that some one in her shoes would be happy-go-lucky ? It is not every day you learn that monsters are all over the world, and that you are the monster queen. And her "family" was killed. And btw - when was she crying ?... can't remember that...

As for loading her blood in bullets - there is no guarantee that after mass-producing her blood it will retain the same qualities as the real deal. Or even that it does not loose its properties after a while - maybe it has to be fresh.
Old 2006-12-17, 08:47   Link #439
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Well. Pokemon?... whatever.. it sucks.
Actually there is just to many crappy animes out... Like that "Love Get Chu" *pukes*

Ya.. and its that new stuff... "Sumomo mo momo mo" or something like that...

Cookies anyone?
Old 2006-12-17, 12:37   Link #440
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Umm.. you guys forgot Meine Leibe Wieder... That evil evil show with the OP that totally threw me off. I waited for action the whole show. On top of that, HELLO PEOPLE what about Soul Link...??? That show HAD TO HAVE BEEN a mockery of Gundam. It was so horrible. I thought Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito was a piece of crap too. Did anyone else vomit at Ai Yori Yoshi... I can't be the only one.

OMG I forgot the worst anime productions of all time, silly me!

The following anime provoked bulimia:
SORCERER HUNTERS
EXCEL SAGA.
Pretty Sammy - in whatever flavor.

Cripes... this list is going to get HUGE....
That was me that negative-repped you. BTW, if you're only going off of three episodes or less of the first season of MGLN, keep watching. Its typical magical girl suckage until Fate shows up, then it turns badass.
Closed Thread