AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 01:33   Link #41
Asleep

Cats are the best! Anime cats are always cute and I always like seeing them in any show so a show on a cat is a great idea!

Chi is so cute and I love its voice.

I have always liked cats more than dogs... cats have an individuality and pride dogs seem to lack

I am glad I downloaded it on a whim!
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:03   Link #42
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

NEKO BANZAI!!!!!!!!!
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:41   Link #43
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dam im a 19 yr old college male student and well im kinda addicted to this anime darn it soo much cuteness
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 04:10   Link #44
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

=[ i'm having chi withdrawals.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:33   Link #45
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Dissertation week = bit slower this week ;x
Old 2008-04-09, 06:15   Link #46
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

thanks for the heads up Grv.. =]
Old 2008-04-09, 13:59   Link #47
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
=[ i'm having chi withdrawals.
Concidering Grv had to stay up till like 2 am every night his time I think he deserves some sleep!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:42   Link #48
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Awesome series, especially for people like me who love cats.

Quote:
One thing that makes me twitchy is all the milk they've been feeding her. Never give cow milk to kittens, it makes them sick.
Animated cats seem to always love drinking milk as opposed to real cats.

Chi playing with shoes definitely rang true though as my cat does absolutely the same thing whenever he gets the chance.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:22   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"I peed properly!"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:35   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Cats are the best! Anime cats are always cute and I always like seeing them in any show so a show on a cat is a great idea!

Chi is so cute and I love its voice.

I have always liked cats more than dogs... cats have an individuality and pride dogs seem to lack

I am glad I downloaded it on a whim!
Oh dogs have pride, they have pride in that they return the kindness that are given to them in equal measures.

like saving you from a burning building or protect your children, friends and family, or change into a cute inumimi girl and sleep in your bed...no wait.

but lets not get into the dog/cat debate.

let's just agree anime cats are cute and that they drinking a disgusting amount of milk.
Old 2008-04-10, 02:49   Link #51
gaguri

Quote:
like saving you from a burning building or protect your children, friends and family, or change into a cute inumimi girl and sleep in your bed...no wait.
I think that's more of loyalty, which is in my opinion, infinitely better than pride as a virtue (for a pet anyway). But pride has its charm too.
As for episode 6, I didn't find it as cute as previous episodes. It was basically a rehash of episode 5.

*as for the litter, I've never trained my cat since she uses our backyard whenever she needs to go. Even in rainy days, she's kind enough to quickly do the job instead of making a mess inside our house.
And my cat prefers yoghurts and ice cream over milk : (
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:11   Link #52
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Chi is still peeing everywhere~ XD

Pity the poor bag~
Forceflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:59   Link #53
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Dad got pwned
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:48   Link #54
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Yeah, for the most part, cats learn to go to the litter box on their own. A younger kitten may very well have accidents, and Chi seems pretty little.

One thing that makes me twitchy is all the milk they've been feeding her. Never give cow milk to kittens, it makes them sick.
Most everything in this story is pretty true to the experiences of raising a cat, but the thing is, cats are as varied as people. When I read my books (Kittens for Dummies, for example) about half the time, the advice is not applicable to my kitteh. I've known farm cats who get a squirt of milk all the time while milking and it's fine with them. But when I brought home my little rescued kitten and gave her some milk -- WOW, she was terribly sick, vomiting and diarrhea all over the place. Of course, the stress probably contributed to that. But aside from that, she took to the litter box very well.

Still, with little Chii, in the manga anyway, they make a point of saying that Mama Yamada bought some actual cat's milk to give the kitty. (how they milked the cats, I don't wanna know [yes, thats a joke]).

I would still like to see the friday segments (the home vids of people's kittehs) even if it isn't subbed. ^_^
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:56   Link #55
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

To be fair, my dog had the same problem for a bit. But all fine after I touched their weewee to let them know where to actually pee. They're like little babies.

And animals really love digging to hide their waste. Dogs, cats, they all do that. Cute but a bit dirty when there is no sand to actually hide it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:57   Link #56
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
as for the litter, I've never trained my cat since she uses our backyard whenever she needs to go. Even in rainy days, she's kind enough to quickly do the job instead of making a mess inside our house.

Well there usually isn't any training needed. You put the kitten in the litter and it just knows that is where it goes. Of course they used newspaper instead of kitty litter so maybe that was the issue here.

And I agree with Jiji cats (and dogs for that matter) are not all the same. They all have different personalities and quirks. I consider my cat Midnight very loyal. She always comes when I call her name and she follows us around the house.

Although my other cat Sami is more independent.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 17:56   Link #57
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
Still, with little Chii, in the manga anyway, they make a point of saying that Mama Yamada bought some actual cat's milk to give the kitty. (how they milked the cats, I don't wanna know [yes, thats a joke]).

I would still like to see the friday segments (the home vids of people's kittehs) even if it isn't subbed. ^_^
Are you sure they meant cat's milk as in milk from cats or cat's milk as in milk that's been treated so that cats can drink it? They sell 'cat milk' in the UK and the US that's had the lactose reduced so cats can tolerate it, and you can buy it in most stores. Our cat didn't like it (though she's tried a bit of oat milk and liked it, weird kitty).

And I agree with you that I'd love to find the Friday segments as well!
lilitu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:39   Link #58
gaguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim
Well there usually isn't any training needed. You put the kitten in the litter and it just knows that is where it goes. Of course they used newspaper instead of kitty litter so maybe that was the issue here.
Is there any issues with keeping litterbox inside home? I am THIS close to just locking our cat inside the house because few months ago, part of her ear got bitten off by something at night (that's Australian backyard for you). Not to mention her memorable return to home with an ALIVE mouse. It kills her freedom, I mean, she loves to roll around our sandy tennis coat, and just fooling around in backyard, but I think it's for the best in a way ;_;
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:52   Link #59
Joni3Nyo
☆ ポンポンら~♪

Chi needs to have her own section in AS heehe.. also I wish there was more art or her. Here is my contribution:

Joni3Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:57   Link #60
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri
Is there any issues with keeping litterbox inside home? I am THIS close to just locking our cat inside the house because few months ago, part of her ear got bitten off by something at night (that's Australian backyard for you). Not to mention her memorable return to home with an ALIVE mouse. It kills her freedom, I mean, she loves to roll around our sandy tennis coat, and just fooling around in backyard, but I think it's for the best in a way ;_;
Aww poor kitty

We keep our litter box in the house. I guess the only issue is you have to keep up with the cleaning. I am guessing this is not an issue for a cat who does her duty outside.

Although I am not sure how a cat who is used to going outside will take to the litter box. Just put her in there and see what she does. Maybe try it after she eats.

And I have a feeling your cat is going to beg you to let her outside. Both my cats were inside cats to begin with. In fact if I take them outside they stay on our step.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children, comedy, family, seinen