AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-09, 21:03   Link #14021
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Oi now, even in MY fic Touma's school still got their collective backsides kicked by Tokiwadai after their trump cards bullet magnets (Touma and Aogami) was neutralized. >.>

It's not like I made it like Touma's school won - just that they put up a fight before thoroughly defeated

Hmmmmm... Must be nice to have people mistaking your fic for canon... I'm so happy for you... >.>

Old 2011-09-09, 21:44   Link #14022
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you guys ^^
Welcome. Unfortunately, you've picked one of the rare few moments when we're in the middle of an actual debate to introduce yourself, so no one's actually welcomed you yet.
Old 2011-09-10, 06:10   Link #14023
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou
Welcome
thanks!! *bow down*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou
Unfortunately, you've picked one of the rare few moments when we're in the middle of an actual debate to introduce yourself, so no one's actually welcomed you yet.
yeah I know, it's quite the fuss here since page 650-ish (and I've been in this forum for 3 months but I forgot my password I was waiting for the right time which didn't seems to come ... )
Old 2011-09-10, 11:42   Link #14024
ToumaCrowley

Time to stop lurking for me too
I shall ask a question: why was someone concerned with Mikoto breaking physics if her Railgun didn't have recoil, when it's obviously so for Accelerator?
And to add to the ongoing topic: why can't Aogami just be a "normal" badass Level 0 like Tokiwadai dorm mother? Maybe Touma recalled him because they were in a fight and he was much stronger, when we know already Touma is very good at street fighting.

Please Kamachi, if you make Touma become Higher Than God, expand his harem to Gensokyou

Aleister Crowley VS Yukari Yakumo, the final battle
Old 2011-09-10, 11:51   Link #14025
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToumaCrowley View Post
Time to stop lurking for me too
I shall ask a question: why was someone concerned with Mikoto breaking physics if her Railgun didn't have recoil, when it's obviously so for Accelerator?
And to add to the ongoing topic: why can't Aogami just be a "normal" badass Level 0 like Tokiwadai dorm mother? Maybe Touma recalled him because they were in a fight and he was much stronger, when we know already Touma is very good at street fighting.
Well the point with Aogami is that in Volume 1 Touma likened him to be as tough as Mikoto. I'm sorry, but I have to interpret this as him having a really good esper power to be put in the same rank as the Tsun-Tsun Pikachu who's been tormenting poor Kamijou with incesant attacks. You can't even say Hamazura is as tough as Mikoto or Mugino, because he relies on strategy and not power.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-10, 12:18   Link #14026
leukrota

I agree with the fact that a level 0 can be really badass even without superpowers. An example that comes to mind is Sugitani... remember he almost killed Accelerator (with trickery, but still...)
Old 2011-09-10, 14:21   Link #14027
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Well the point with Aogami is that in Volume 1 Touma likened him to be as tough as Mikoto.
I remember that the original line implied something like "if punches are needed I can rely on Aogami" "If ESP is needed there is biribiri" "but not them nor this useless right hand are any good heal up this dying nun". I'll probably browse up the novels (jp) later to refresh my memory.
Old 2011-09-10, 14:36   Link #14028
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I remember that the original line implied something like "if punches are needed I can rely on Aogami" "If ESP is needed there is biribiri" "but not them nor this useless right hand are any good heal up this dying nun". I'll probably browse up the novels (jp) later to refresh my memory.
Lol, the translation line isn't like that at all

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-10, 15:10   Link #14029
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToumaCrowley View Post
Isn't it that Accelerator can redirect the recoil with his ability?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-09-10 at 15:11. Reason: 'Neutralise' might not be the right word to use here.
Old 2011-09-10, 15:20   Link #14030
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Yup. There was actually a discussion on TV Tropes regarding Accelerator's ability and possible/perceived/actual issues, which I'll post here for convenience:

Spoiler for Length:
Old 2011-09-10, 17:30   Link #14031
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Subconsciously or unconsciously, he has to make a distinction between what is dangerous and what is not—but given it's reaction time via the sniper survival is just become a more blatant sign of Art Major Physics. I HATE Art Major Physics that tries to pass itself off as anything else.
To answer that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakine Teitoku
“If you reflect sound then you can’t hear anything, and if you reflect physical objects you cannot hold anything. You subconsciously establish a filter that sees everything as harmful or not, and use your reflect to push away anything that could harm you.”
Old 2011-09-10, 18:03   Link #14032
LazyHunter

Accelerator's Personal Reality probably considers his clothes as part of him like Umidori's considers her cyborg arms. Otherwise he would end shirtless every time he created those wind tornadoes on his back. And bullets and other attacks would damage his clothes before being reflected by his skin. It also explains his super stomp.

Alos, it's a bit late but the Between the lines part of Chapter 3 of New Testament 1 confirms that there is at least one school full of Level 0s and probably more.
Quote:
“I found an idiot school. All the students are Level 0. It’s because of schools like that that everything is getting so violent. We need to bring a hammer to this incarnation of evil. I need people to help me take out the trash.”

The indicated school was the kind of elementary school you could find anywhere.
Old 2011-09-10, 18:25   Link #14033
Miraluka
Banned

They were just trolls wanting to pick a fight with children (child errors).

EDIT:
Chapter 4, Parts 6 & 7 updated

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-09-10 at 18:36.
Old 2011-09-10, 22:07   Link #14034
jerys

according Latest chapter To Aru Kagaku no Railgun manga. #6 ability make he/she can't be tracked.
Old 2011-09-10, 22:21   Link #14035
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay another thing from Chapter 43: the Russia Demonstration SS and the Railgun OVA is treated as events that happened within the canon of Railgun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-11, 01:42   Link #14036
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerys View Post
according Latest chapter To Aru Kagaku no Railgun manga. #6 ability make he/she can't be tracked.
You're making a HUGE assumption there. It was just said that they weren't able to find him/her. It could be just that he/she's good at hiding (maybe he/she's extremely paranoid or something.)

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-09-11 at 06:58.
Old 2011-09-11, 02:16   Link #14037
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You're making a HUGE assumption there. I was just said that they weren't able to find him/her. It could be just that he/she's good at hiding (maybe he/she's extremely paranoid or something.)
How the hell that 6th lvl 5 hide from those directors...i wonder if he/she can hide from Superintedent general Aliester Crowley.....
Old 2011-09-11, 03:27   Link #14038
ToumaCrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Please do and inform us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Must explain myself better with clear words, this is not my native language.
What i was saying is that while the Railgun having so little recoil was considered broken (wrong if we follow the article that was linked afterwards) and a major breakdown in the anime's physics, i didn't read the same for Accelerator.
In summary: the fact that you can shoot railgun manually out of thin air breaks physics, but reverting gravity, force reaction, earth rotation are not considered!
I would not make a problem if someone shoots a railgun, if in the same city someone can create plasma etc...
Let's hope i have been much clearer this time

Please Kamachi, if you make Touma become Higher Than God, expand his harem to Gensokyou

Aleister Crowley VS Yukari Yakumo, the final battle
Old 2011-09-11, 07:54   Link #14039
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerys View Post
No. They just can't find him. At least it's confirmed as a him. The power is Kamachis trolling.
Old 2011-09-11, 08:18   Link #14040
Drifting Wolf

The thing that this confirms is that Number 2 is not a complete monster that people make him out to be. Sure, he's bad tempered and arrogant but at least he seems to interact with SCHOOL like they are his comrades at least.

And he shows mercy. <.<
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen