AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 44 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 24.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-15, 21:31   Link #81
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Great episode!
Sure as some people before me have said there wasn't much plot (or I just couldn't see it)
but the humour, fan service and hhnnngggg made up for it
Ramong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:19   Link #82
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Nadeko tries her hand on the oldest trick in the book. If it wasn't for her mom coming home late, she would have succeeded. But anime, being anime, would of course tell us she failed.

Still getting treated to Sexy Nadeko feels so rich.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:43   Link #83
teja208
Critical fanboy

I really like the BGM played during the episode intro: when Koyomi was describing his two sisters. I think it also played in the first episode when Tsukihi was introduced. Really defines their stubborn and rebellious attitude toward him. Fire Sisters theme song so to say. Has the name been revealed yet?

One more thing that I'm curious about, I'm not good at Japanese enough to read the novel, is how Koyomi describes his feelings of being raped by Kanbaru since I reckon the novel is from his POV. If it is not possible to answer that, it's ok. I understand.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:23   Link #84
sa547
*Author

I need to see this for myself; will read this thread after watching.
Old 2012-01-16, 01:08   Link #85
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

D-d-damn...

Thank you. Thank you Shaft for the Kanbaru service. Can't wait for the BD, hoping to see a little more

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:35   Link #86
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ is this going to be the pedophilia season for this series?

I mean I loved the episode as a whole but holy shit they are laying on the FUCK ME IM 14 shit pretty god damn thick here.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:59   Link #87
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Oh god, the fan service overload. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Araragi someday actually gives in and assults Nadeko. You act so shyly Nadeko, but your actions show otherwise! Almost every frame was either a perverted shot of Nadeko or piece of her clothing just daring to fall off, and as much as I liked it, I thought it might have been a bit too much. And we also had Zettai Ryoiki.

On the other hand, we have Kanbaru who just went nekkid. And that bit of Hachikuji copy scene was priceless. Talk about Karma .

As for the Karen, my current guess is that the two sisters are already in the supernatural business... I guess we will see. Can't wait to see their reaction when they find out that their brother is part vampire, and that he carries around an authentic loli vampire in his shadow.
Old 2012-01-16, 05:19   Link #88
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

I mean I loved the episode as a whole but holy shit they are laying on the FUCK ME IM 14 shit pretty god damn thick here.
Technically, the term would be ephebophilia (attraction to minors in puberty); pedophilia refers strictly to prepubescent children. Now weather this is legal or not (age of consent, and so on) is different by country.

That aside, Nadeko is sexually attracted to Koyomi, not the other way around. As well as they have what three years difference, and not thirty. So how this is perceived as pedophilia or in any way immoral eludes me
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:40   Link #89
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Technically, the term would be ephebophilia (attraction to minors in puberty); pedophilia refers strictly to prepubescent children. Now weather this is legal or not (age of consent, and so on) is different by country.

That aside, Nadeko is sexually attracted to Koyomi, not the other way around. As well as they have what three years difference, and not thirty. So how this is perceived as pedophilia or in any way immoral eludes me
You can twist your words however you want, but jailbait is still jaibait.

Never forget, that's jailbait fanservice you're watching.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:44   Link #90
Malkuth
Banned

That's because laws are made from and for lecherous old geezers that have these kind of perverted desires, supported by phobic, yet irresponsible parents, that favor punishment to prevention. The fact does not change that it is insane to consider a 14 year old girl's unrequited love for a 17 year old nice guy perverted.
Old 2012-01-16, 05:54   Link #91
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That's because laws are made from and for lecherous old geezers that have these kind of perverted desires, supported by phobic, yet irresponsible parents, that favor punishment to prevention. The fact does not change that it is insane to consider a 14 year old girl's unrequited love for a 17 year old nice guy perverted.
Uh...I think you misunderstand. I don't think the point is in what the show's context is. We're talking about what we as the audience are watching. Just trying to make a point as to how the show is pandering to lolicons.

(Seriously, Nadeko's entire scene? I don't really care whether it was Nisio who wrote it or Shaft who did it, that's fanservice pandering right there)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:56   Link #92
Qilin
Romanticist

I don't know if Koyomi is just incredibly dense or if he's honestly enjoying Nadeko's increasingly suggestive advances. I mean, locking the door? Blatant stripping? King's game? Twister? My memory is a bit hazy, but I don't think she was ever this aggressive in Bakemonogatari. I guess this is a huge step for her character-wise.

As for Karen, she seems interesting enough, but I have a bad feeling about whatever she has planned. Looks like this will be out little foreshadowing for the main plot. On the other hand, his interaction with Kanbaru was golden, particularly the part where she sexually harasses him in a perfect reversal of his position with Mayoi.

Serves him right.

All-in-all, it's still a character introduction episode, but it doesn't matter much since this show's mainly lies in its rich dialogue and character interactions. I'm enjoying every second of it.

I'm guessing Hitagi and Tsubasa are up next then?
Old 2012-01-16, 07:09   Link #93
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Quote:
I really hope Shaft will have the balls to animate this novel in all its deviant and perverted glory.

Being aware of the hysterical situation in Japan and somewhat in here, I'm not holding my breath too much, though.

Good episode. Will watch again.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:58   Link #94
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
As far as the seemingly common novel-reader's perspective that "Nisemonogatari is the weakest, most fan-service heavy, or undirected part of the series"
Wait, wait! If someone on 4chan tells you that Nise is the weakest part you are reading a troll There is not a bad book in the whole Monogatari series. Each one has its own appeal, there is a lot of variety. There are books you may rate higher and books you may rate lower, but they are all good. Mark my words, Nise is good. Personally I would rate it even higher than Bake, and I won't say more to not give even the slightest hint.
Quote:
Regarding the Nadeko section, although I haven't even read the novels, I could really somehow feel the compression the Omimon talked about. In fact, rather than over-emphasis on fanservice, I actually feel like what SHAFT did was overemphasize the plot (rushing through the scenes to focus solely on the expositional Fire Sisters conversation) at the expense of keeping us in Araragi's mind and playing out the humour which was the real counterpoint to the fanservice.
Sadly, Araragi's inner thoughts are usually the first thing that Shaft sacrifies in the adaptation.

By the way, in the novels Araragi and Nadeko may have not had the time to actually play twister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
One more thing that I'm curious about, I'm not good at Japanese enough to read the novel, is how Koyomi describes his feelings of being raped by Kanbaru since I reckon the novel is from his POV. If it is not possible to answer that, it's ok. I understand.
He had not time for inner thoughts Basically he just states that physically he is no match for Kanbaru who had trained her body, even not considering Kanbaru's left arm.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 08:17   Link #95
iceyfw

l o l. what comes around goes around arararararararagi.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:40   Link #96
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Wait, wait! If someone on 4chan tells you that Nise is the weakest part you are reading a troll
Yea, seriously, why would you take anything on 4chan seriously? That would come across to me as even more silly than quoting Sankaku.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:59   Link #97
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Wait, wait! If someone on 4chan tells you that Nise is the weakest part you are reading a troll There is not a bad book in the whole Monogatari series. Each one has its own appeal, there is a lot of variety. There are books you may rate higher and books you may rate lower, but they are all good. Mark my words, Nise is good. Personally I would rate it even higher than Bake, and I won't say more to not give even the slightest hint.

Sadly, Araragi's inner thoughts are usually the first thing that Shaft sacrifies in the adaptation.
By the way, in the novels Araragi and Nadeko may have not had the time to actually play twister.

He had not time for inner thoughts Basically he just states that physically he is no match for Kanbaru who had trained her body, even not considering Kanbaru's left arm.
Great, I see you really are a true Monogatari Series fan. Makes me wish I'm a lot better in Japanese, and thanks for sharing the novel part I asked earlier. So he is no match for Kanbaru is he? I though he have some experience with martial arts just not as good as Karen. Seems all three siblings practice martial arts to some extent if I'm not mistaken. Does Araragi family owns a dojo or something?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:04   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

The courage to be pedo for Nadeko...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
As for the Karen, my current guess is that the two sisters are already in the supernatural business... I guess we will see. Can't wait to see their reaction when they find out that their brother is part vampire, and that he carries around an authentic loli vampire in his shadow.
Nadeko thinks otherwise though. She said they don't believe in the supernatural, and we were treated to a shot of them covering up their ears and mouths which they refuse to acknowledge it. Well, she could be wrong of course.

I'm also intrigued by what Araragi said about them being fakes. He is genuinely convinced they created the Fire Sisters duo to have fun rather than to uphold justice as they pretend to. Is he right? We can only take his word for it for now since he knows them better than we do.
Old 2012-01-16, 10:11   Link #99
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm also intrigued by what Araragi said about them being fakes. He is genuinely convinced they created the Fire Sisters duo to have fun rather than to uphold justice as they pretend to. Is he right? We can only take his word for it for now since he knows them better than we do.
Well, considering what he had to deal with in Bake/Kizu-monogatari, what his sisters are supposed to do would seem childish, if not dangerous since unlike him they can get hurt. But being fakes... I think it would be taken into many and different contexts by the end of the show.
Old 2012-01-16, 10:44   Link #100
sa547
*Author

QUOTED: "Aren't you glad that I'm such a gentleman, Sengoku?"

Close, but no cigar yet, young lady. But, Nadeko, you were so damn super that you could have blown up Humbert's mind for all time.

QUOTED: "Super-cool and perfect!"

Karen struck me more as a... combination of Sayaka's tomboyishness with that tooth and tied-back ponytail hair of Kyoko.

EDIT: Kanbaru's trying to score Araragi yet again, with hilarious results. Yet her room's a veritable sea of red, a full-blown nosebleed of books, with some convenient censoring.

I applaud at Araragi for his ability to withstand temptation, and him being armed with wit and a good reply... There's a limit, though.

I felt like I smoked a superblown reefer that I give this a 10/10. Not for anyone who's allergic to fanservice.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-01-16 at 11:14.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote