AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 17:55   Link #1281
maximilianjenus
[E]

am I the only one who is expecting chieri to suffer a terrible accident/attack and almost die just to be built back inot the new mayuyu ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 18:10   Link #1282
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
am I the only one who is expecting chieri to suffer a terrible accident/attack and almost die just to be built back inot the new mayuyu ?
You're not the only one, but it probably won't happen. After all, Chieri's original character design was nothing like Mayuyu (she looked more like a cross between Acchan and Sae), so her story probably has nothing to do with her either.

Furthermore, Mayuyu is most likely a gynoid, so if she gets damaged, they would probably just fix her instead of looking for a replacement.
Old 2012-06-07, 19:29   Link #1283
mochichan

Quote:
Even tho it might not fit her personality, since I see her more as a next Yukirin..THAT WOULD BE EPIC!
lol
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 19:37   Link #1284
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Even tho it might not fit her personality, since I see her more as a next Yukirin..THAT WOULD BE EPIC!
lol
I think Chieri's personality is bit too strong for Yukirin... or for how Yukirin is depicted in the series anyway.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:23   Link #1285
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Nobody. Is going. To hurt. My. CHIERI.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-06-07 at 22:23.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:52   Link #1286
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
I actually kinda like that theory. I remember somebody else said that she could be rebuilt by her dad's technology, which seems plausible and would be an interesting sort of backstory for the Mayuyu lineage.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:13   Link #1287
chaosprophet

As we are talking on the matter, who does everyone thinks each girls is going to succeed? I don't know much about AKB besides what I looked for because of this anime since it started airing, so I tried looking for girls that were popular (as in, was in the top of 3rd senbatsu) and see if I could see any kind of visual similarity with the characters. I did it with the guess that none of them are going to succeed the 8 current famous members:
Spoiler for list:

Anyone else tried making lists like this? Some much more knowledgeable than me about AKB is likely to make a better guess.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:35   Link #1288
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I actually kinda like that theory.
NOBODY! HURTS! MY! CHIERI!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 23:32   Link #1289
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I dunno, I kinda think Chieri might make a good Takamina, given that so far she's showing herself as a sort of leader among the kenkyuusei - of course, this needs to be tempered with more kindness and more leadership ability, as right now Chieri means well, but is too harsh, IMO.

...also she's a bit too tall to be Takamina.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 00:13   Link #1290
sa547
*Author

(a bit offtopic): from http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=33103.0

Quote:
岩田華怜15:07 (編集)+24
皆さん本当にありがとうございます(^^)
ただ、少し上にあるような、心ないコメントには、前から本当に腹がたちます。
そりゃあ私のこと嫌いなかたもたくさんいるでしょう。
でもここにいるファンの皆さんを不快な気持ちにさせることだけは、この私が許しません。
言いたいことがあるなら、握手会なりなんなりで、直接言いにきなさい!!
もう私は逃げないッて決めたんです!(^^)

Thank you everyone (^^)

But, it angers me a little that there are some who from an elevated point of view, make thoughtless comments.

I suppose there are many that don’t really like me.

But fans that only voice out their unpleasant opinions here (g+, i assume), I won’t forgive you.

If you have something to say, come say it to me at the handshake event in person!
I’ve decided I won’t run away any more! (^^)

Damn, I applaud, she's becoming her own character!
Old 2012-06-08, 00:17   Link #1291
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
This is what makes me doubt the most about Chieri becoming Takamina. Chieri could work her personality into a Takamina rather easily (the basis is there, as you said) but I just can't picture a tall Takamina. It would feel rather wrong somehow. lol

For me, if it's not Takamina, there's only one other option: Yuuko. Chieri admires Yuuko the most among the actual members I think, and I can see Yuuko kicking the bucket (or disappearing) after she becomes Center. Then the name would be up for the taking, and can't see anyone beside Chieri to take it.

Just my two cents.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Damn, I applaud, she's becoming her own character!
Need some context here. Why do they hate her?
Old 2012-06-08, 00:34   Link #1292
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is what makes me doubt the most about Chieri becoming Takamina. Chieri could work her personality into a Takamina rather easily (the basis is there, as you said) but I just can't picture a tall Takamina. It would feel rather wrong somehow. lol

For me, if it's not Takamina, there's only one other option: Yuuko. Chieri admires Yuuko the most among the actual members I think, and I can see Yuuko kicking the bucket (or disappearing) after she becomes Center. Then the name would be up for the taking, and can't see anyone beside Chieri to take it.
Considering Yuuko's cheerful and energetic personality, I don't think Chieri would fit her at all. From current kenkyuusei I think Sonata would be the one most similar to Yuuko, but still not quite there.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:47   Link #1293
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Considering Yuuko's cheerful and energetic personality, I don't think Chieri would fit her at all. From current kenkyuusei I think Sonata would be the one most similar to Yuuko, but still not quite there.
Personality isn't everything. Orine is nothing like Sashi, neither in looks or personality, but she still has a chance anyway.

Personality can be worked on, and looks can be changed. Going by episode 6, I'd say the key fanctor is how much they love and admire the person they want to succeed.

More importantly, Yuuko is too big a name to be taken by anyone but the two lead characters, Nagisa and Chieri, and since Nagisa seems fated to become Acchan... it's simple math.

But who knows, we're talking Kawamori, so anything is possible. Even Nagisa becoming Yuuko and Chieri Acchan isn't out of the question with Kawamori and Okada working on this.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:48   Link #1294
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
EDIT:
Need some context here. Why do they hate her?
The same reason some fanboys don't like Yuko Miyamura... Like any entertainment personality, it's expected of an idol to have antis who post snide, nasty comments, panning her looks (Karen's a babyface), voice (in the case of this show), performances, abilities and so on. But some fanboys tend to take it too far by posting and spamming grave threats, hence the staff managing the girls' G+ accounts will flag and block users posting such unsavory comments.

(Isn't it a coincidence that Episode 6 talked about haters?)
Old 2012-06-08, 01:02   Link #1295
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
NOBODY! HURTS! MY! CHIERI!
From a story point of view! I'm just talking from a story point of view!
Old 2012-06-08, 02:11   Link #1296
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
From a story point of view! I'm just talking from a story point of view!
You're right. Just calm down, Random Wanderer, even though you don't want your waifu getting hurt.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 05:10   Link #1297
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I dunno, I kinda think Chieri might make a good Takamina, given that so far she's showing herself as a sort of leader among the kenkyuusei - of course, this needs to be tempered with more kindness and more leadership ability, as right now Chieri means well, but is too harsh, IMO.

is it possible for 2 understudies to substitute 1 senior member? Like both Nagisa and Chieri become Takamina substitute?

because kirara followed Chieri, but only glows when Nagisa is with her
Old 2012-06-08, 05:19   Link #1298
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
is it possible for 2 understudies to substitute 1 senior member? Like both Nagisa and Chieri become Takamina substitute?
No, it's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
because kirara followed Chieri, but only glows when Nagisa is with her
Chieri will find her own glow soon enough. And she will shine the most too, you'll see.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:28   Link #1299
mechdra

From what I see from the past 6 episode, I believe all the understudies will not succed anyone. The implication is somehow there and if you look at the title, 00 is connected and turn around, it will form a 8. Team 8 might be a possible path for them. This is a Kawamori show, we will never know what will he do.

By the way, preview of Episode 7
http://akb0048.jp/story/
Can someone translate it.

Last edited by mechdra; 2012-06-08 at 08:40.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:12   Link #1300
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
From what I see from the past 6 episode, I believe all the understudies will not succed anyone. The implication is somehow there and if you look at the title, 00 is connected and turn around, it will form a 8. Team 8 might be a possible path for them. This is a Kawamori show, we will never know what will he do.

By the way, preview of Episode 7
http://akb0048.jp/story/
Can someone translate it.
That's possible o.o! That's why the show is AKB0048 instead of AKB48!!!

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime