AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 23:01   Link #1141
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Imagine Daniel's reaction: "This game...foolishnes capcom, foolishness. Might...controls...everything, that's not related to what Capcom was thinking when they made this remake. I'm motivated, to drop this controller and go home."
Old 2013-01-14, 23:06   Link #1142
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://kotaku.com/5975830/is-this-ph...s-no-man+parts

Lol
Old 2013-01-14, 23:08   Link #1143
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think tameem did good on his promise to silence the haters. The game is so mediocre many a hater just thought it wasn't even worth giving notice anymore.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:12   Link #1144
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Oh yeah btw don not forget this DmC will get a movie, I haven't forgotten a single detail they've given out the past 2 years.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...2l42wLD7woU.18

Also DLC the Bloody Palace where before it was unlockable lol, they probably planned it to be paid for, but because of the negative reception this is the sorta, kinda excuse for a sorry they have.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...alace-mode-dlc

Also the bigger issue here, besides saying haters. Tameen didn't silence anyone as seen in his product it's medicore and not at par with the hype they build up surrounding it didn't delivery anything new, but a new fanbase and pretty much he's hated because he's a damn arrogant egotistic guy in the first few interviews.

http://asia.gamespot.com/dmc-devil-m...ease-29300583/
Old 2013-01-14, 23:18   Link #1145
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm curious to see how it sells. It has to contend against Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising comes out next month.

Keep in mind they're going for 2 million. DMC is a niche series. Now think about the members of the original fanbase that don't like the reboot or feel insulted by the ways NT has treated them. Kinda like trying to run a race after stabbing yourself in the foot a few times.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:29   Link #1146
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ 2 million, huh? we'll see how that turns out. >___>

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Also DLC the Bloody Palace where before it was unlockable lol, they probably planned it to be paid for, but because of the negative reception this is the sorta, kinda excuse for a sorry they have.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...alace-mode-dlc
i'm not planning to buy their game at full price anyways, bro. they will need to do a whole lot
more to win back some fans. :P

it seems the PC version is top dog. i'll get it when it's on sales on Steam for $19.99.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:30   Link #1147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I'm curious to see how it sells. It has to contend against Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising comes out next month.

Keep in mind they're going for 2 million. DMC is a niche series. Now think about the members of the original fanbase that don't like the reboot or feel insulted by the ways NT has treated them. Kinda like trying to run a race after stabbing yourself in the foot a few times.

DMC4 sold 4 million from what I've heard, I don't think it's a niche series anymore.

CAPCOM wanted this to sell for 5 million, but 'lowered their expectations' to 2 million after the backlash.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:30   Link #1148
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I really wish I didn't call this thread "Devil May Cry 5".

I really want to change it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:32   Link #1149
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol yeah, that made zero sense whatsoever
Actually it is pretty easy to pull off. In the gif the player demon dodged before than turned around and hit two enemies with Arbiter. Because of the dodge power up and the heavy multi hits from Arbiter the style went from D to SSS. A nice example of why the style and score systems are broken. Dunno if they fixed this.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:34   Link #1150
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
DMC4 sold 4 million from what I've heard, I don't think it's a niche series anymore.

CAPCOM wanted this to sell for 5 million, but 'lowered their expectations' to 2 million after the backlash.
Sorry, I heard DMC 4 sold 2.7 million. Let me check to make sure.

Here's my source http://www.play.tm/news/31931/capcom...5-from-reboot/
Old 2013-01-15, 02:35   Link #1151
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

DMC 4 only sold 2.7 million.

DMC 3 and Special edition was the one who have sell 4 million altogether but that doesn't mean Devil may cry is that popular. I honestly expect for DmC to just sell at least 1 million but who knows.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 02:39   Link #1152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Sorry, I heard DMC 4 sold 2.7 million. Let me check to make sure.

Here's my source http://www.play.tm/news/31931/capcom...5-from-reboot/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
DMC 4 only sold 2.7 million.

DMC 3 and Special edition was the one who have sell 4 million altogether but that doesn't mean Devil may cry is that popular. I honestly expect for DmC to just sell at least 1 million but who knows.
Hmmm, I guess that's what I get from following hearsay
Old 2013-01-15, 04:05   Link #1153
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

DMC 3 Dante costume in action.
Old 2013-01-15, 04:07   Link #1154
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
You can ask the mods to change it for you. If you created this thread and what you're asking for is a more reasonable title.

Honestly you should change it to "DmC: Devil May Cry".
What I want to call it isn't allowed here. So I'll just settle for its imposter name.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:08   Link #1155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What I want to call it isn't allowed here. So I'll just settle for its imposter name.
LOL
Old 2013-01-15, 07:00   Link #1156
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Serionsly guys, are you going to keep on and on trashing the game till the end of times ?
We know you're dissapointed of this reboot.

I was in the same situation regarding the new Soul Calibur.
Though I choose not to lose time on the forum hating all over the place.

IMO, DMC4 could be as well criticized : Dante not being the lead character, having to go all the way back with him as an "after-game"... It's like a spin-off + a bonus Dante.

I'm not a fan of the franchise so I can't really complain.
But the wig scene is to me hilarious. It's pure trolling from Capcom so I do understand the hate coming from that. But let's be honest, I don't think having boots and long hair was badass to begin with. So yeah, hilarious.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:28   Link #1157
defki

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/15/dmc-...-crying-shame/

What a fucking joke. This Ninja Theory love is getting ridiculous. She is worse than all those DMC fans together. The only disgrace is this so called gaming journalism.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:46   Link #1158
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Serionsly guys, are you going to keep on and on trashing the game till the end of times ?
Not all people in this thread is trashing the game. Some people even game the game a chance. The Reboot is solid and have a lot of positive scores and a higher rating than that mediocre Devil may cry 4 whose only positive thing is the gameplay.

I can understand why some people are disappointed in this game too. Alex jones keeps saying that the gameplay is "evolved". Certainly at the basic levels, it had evolved, it had more freedom and accessibility than any Hack n' slash game but by "evolved" means toping DMC 3 or 4's Advanced combat(Which at this point, i still don't know).

Also, the Story. Ninja theory is known for it's Storytelling in Heavenly Sword and especially Enslaved. Thing is, the writer in those games and here in DmC is different. While the story in this reboot is the most understandable, it felt way too anti-climatic in the end and the pacing is draggy. I also think the character development of Dante is way too early in the game.

If there would ever be a DmC 2, i'm hoping the next developer will do better. If it only sell well and if Crapcom thinks that it's worthy enough to be a series again.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:10   Link #1159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Pointing out the flaws and major/minor errors of a game, as well as the broken promises of it's developers (not to mention their insufferable attitude) is not considered 'trashing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Not all people in this thread is trashing the game. Some people even game the game a chance. The Reboot is solid and have a lot of positive scores and a higher rating than that mediocre Devil may cry 4 whose only positive thing is the gameplay.
Wait, if the only positive thing of DMC4 is it's gameplay, pray tell what did DmC do so right that makes it a solid title while the former is only mediocre?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-15 at 08:42.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:10   Link #1160
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Original creator comments on DmC

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/291113935749398528
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/291113700071456769