AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
Perfect 10 112 41.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 102 37.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 2.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.49%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-09, 01:12   Link #561
studiocode

Yeah, your assessment is spot on. I suppose if I want to continue watching the show I will have to concede to the idea that "Sergay wanted this life for Nina." This seems to justify all her actions after that: killing Ers, attacking Arika...I'm still not buying that Nina would just go postal but whatever, I just have to accept it because it's done and over. I wish the plot was a lot less contrived.
Old 2006-02-09, 01:20   Link #562
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
Yeah, your assessment is spot on. I suppose if I want to continue watching the show I will have to concede to the idea that "Sergay wanted this life for Nina." This seems to justify all her actions after that: killing Ers, attacking Arika...I'm still not buying that Nina would just go postal but whatever, I just have to accept it because it's done and over. I wish the plot was a lot less contrived.
I think that the Ultimate Black Diamond might have had something to do with it, much as the HiME Star caused the HiME to do things they would not normaly have done.
Old 2006-02-09, 01:37   Link #563
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I think that the Ultimate Black Diamond might have had something to do with it, much as the HiME Star caused the HiME to do things they would not normaly have done.
Considering that Nina pulled a lethal technique on Arikaj ust because of her supposed relation to Rena back in Episode 3, I doubt that.

Quote:
I wish the plot was a lot less contrived.
It was never contrived to begin with. All the signs of Nina's unstable mentality towards Arika were there in plain sight, your just choosing what you want to see.
Old 2006-02-09, 02:10   Link #564
Asianknight82
Banned

Wow, there sure is alot of denial about Nina doing what she did on her own violation. Shes upset over her discovery of Sergey and Arika, and that pain activated the diamonds. Its that simple, theres no super evil jewels that controls her mind, shes doing everything out of jealousy and hatred. Busting up the jewels wont make her back to the way she was, it'll just rid her of her powers.
Old 2006-02-09, 09:21   Link #565
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82
Wow, there sure is alot of denial about Nina doing what she did on her own violation. Shes upset over her discovery of Sergey and Arika, and that pain activated the diamonds. Its that simple, theres no super evil jewels that controls her mind, shes doing everything out of jealousy and hatred. Busting up the jewels wont make her back to the way she was, it'll just rid her of her powers.
True, the diamond simply reacted with her which again begs the question exactly what are these gems and their capability?

Quote:
Yeah, your assessment is spot on. I suppose if I want to continue watching the show I will have to concede to the idea that "Sergay wanted this life for Nina." This seems to justify all her actions after that: killing Ers, attacking Arika...I'm still not buying that Nina would just go postal but whatever, I just have to accept it because it's done and over.
Well, that and add up everything that has happened ever since then. Like I said, it reopened wounds that still didn't heal completely.

Everytime she was reassured something new just happens.

Quote:
I wish the plot was a lot less contrived.
Welcome to the world of entertainment, this is an anime, not desperate housewives, if your trying to bring realism here and there, you'll end up hating everything.
Old 2006-02-09, 10:55   Link #566
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Its that simple, theres no super evil jewels that controls her mind, shes doing everything out of jealousy and hatred. Busting up the jewels wont make her back to the way she was, it'll just rid her of her powers.
Dunno about that, seems to me that this diamond serves as an amplifier of her hatred so to speak and if it is not broken she will remain Darth Nina. Not that this is bad, anyone trying to kill Arika deserves to be supported.

Quote:
Welcome to the world of entertainment, this is an anime, not desperate housewives, if your trying to bring realism here and there, you'll end up hating everything.
So that does that mean you will accept any plothole the scriptwriters come up with? It might be anime but I don't like when the scritwriters take the viewers for fools and introduce impossible and illogical twists and other plotholes. I have said it before before but I will reiterate - there is a difference between a series being entertainingly non-realistic and being ludicrously contrived non-realistic and Otome is leaning too much towards the latter category, if you ask me.
Old 2006-02-09, 11:23   Link #567
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
So that does that mean you will accept any plothole the scriptwriters come up with? It might be anime but I don't like when the scritwriters take the viewers for fools and introduce impossible and illogical twists and other plotholes. I have said it before before but I will reiterate - there is a difference between a series being entertainingly non-realistic and being ludicrously contrived non-realistic and Otome is leaning too much towards the latter category, if you ask me.
No it means I won't throw a tanturm over it and cry day and night about it. GSD got so back IMO I just stopped watching the show altogether after ~25ish.

And everyone has their own opinions about such things and people in general terms like to complain so of course they'll lean towards the latter category otherwise how will they get a chance to complain and whine? BTW please list the plotholes because I'm not getting a clear picture of what's everyone screaming about other than Nina which of course has been already explained so many times yet people ignore it.

Besides if it's as serious and your still watching then in the end you lose because your still watching the show itself.
Old 2006-02-09, 11:26   Link #568
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Dunno about that, seems to me that this diamond serves as an amplifier of her hatred so to speak and if it is not broken she will remain Darth Nina. Not that this is bad, anyone trying to kill Arika deserves to be supported.
Actually, its the other way round: Nina's emotion amplified the power of the Ultimate Black Gem. (no really, but at least it activated the gems from the pendent)

Really, whats with people saying that destroying the gem being the only way to make Nina *good* again? Plus, Nina killing Erstin's slave was unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Um...what? Nina going berserk and going after Arika's life is unrealistic? They build up the pain and emotion from episode 1, and now you're saying that it was not justified for Nina "suddenly" hate Arika?

Clearly, I didnt know that human beings and their actions are predictable. Of course, unless you're talking about someother "plothole" that wasn't discussed besides the Nina going nuts one in the last few posts...

Plus, you seem to be accepting any plothole just for the sake of seeing a character you dislike (namely Arika) getting herself beaten up by someone. So, you can do that and we cant?
Old 2006-02-09, 11:36   Link #569
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I said that Nina attacking trasformation is not a plothole at all, I don't see why you are asking me about that.

Quote:
BTW please list the plotholes because I'm not getting a clear picture of what's everyone screaming about other than Nina which of course has been already explained so many times yet people ignore it.
Check out my previous posts in this thread, I have been doing just that. As for the other episodes - I am too lazy to do it now plus it might be considered off-topic and my posts will be deleted yet again.

Quote:
Really, whats with people saying that destroying the gem being the only way to make Nina *good* again? Plus, Nina killing Erstin's slave was unintentional.
That's just a prediction, relax. And I have never said she killed anyone intentionally.

Quote:
Plus, you seem to be accepting any plothole just for the sake of seeing a character you dislike (namely Arika) getting herself beaten up by someone.
Well, it would be better if she is beaten without any plotholes getting in the way of my enjoyment but really any method will do for the achievement of this goal.
Old 2006-02-09, 11:47   Link #570
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Check out my previous posts in this thread, I have been doing just that. As for the other episodes - I am too lazy to do it now plus it might be considered off-topic and my posts will be deleted yet again.
Well then I'm too lazy to check them out anyways
Old 2006-02-09, 12:22   Link #571
Sokolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If doing his best is shameful, why even bother giving Nina the benefit of the doubt?

I certainly don't blame Nina for over-reacting, for she IS still a child. But the Sergay punchup really should stop. He is one of the most mature, responsible, caring, and just, young male characters in anime. To expect him to do anything more than his very best, which is what he is already doing, is outrageous.
HIS best. Best is a subjective term. It differs from individual to individual and situation to situation. Maybe he thought he was doing his best, but I still find many of his choices to be questionable (I can elaborate if you want me to).

I don't think he sleeps well at night. And he shouldn't, in my opinion - that's all I am saying.

(Btw, I like that many anime series have enough depth that we can actually have this kind of discussion.)

Last edited by Sokolov; 2006-02-09 at 13:06.
Old 2006-02-09, 13:14   Link #572
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov
HIS best. Best is a subjective term. It differs from individual to individual and situation to situation. Maybe he thought he was doing his best, but I still find many of his choices to be questionable (I can elaborate if you want me to).
Obviously, there are things that I would handle differently.
Though I can't vouch that the way I do things will make the end result better.

But so far, I don't think he's done anything that falls out of normal human reasoning.

Quote:
I don't think he sleeps well at night. And he shouldn't, in my opinion - that's all I am saying.
If you have a boss like Nagi, neither will you.

IMO that's his biggest mistake, working for the wrong ruler.
Old 2006-02-09, 13:57   Link #573
PastPrime

Why don't the people who seem to be watching only to complain and find plotholes, real or frequently imagined, start a plothole thread where they can complain all they want without making the episode threads almost unusable.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:01   Link #574
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Why don't the people who seem to be watching only to complain and find plotholes, real or frequently imagined, start a plothole thread where they can complain all they want without making the episode threads almost unusable.
That's a good idea.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:16   Link #575
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I'm going to lock this thread up for a few days (it will re-open) to clear out all the series whiners and complainers. I think it's a good idea to start a separate thread to complain about real or imagined My-Otome plot holes (or even the possible LACK of a plot). If nobody else starts it, I'll start it.

Call it "My-Otome Plot Holes" or something of the sort. Cheers.
Old 2006-02-28, 02:30   Link #576
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efreeta
This image seemed rather familiar to me:

... and here is why....

Sunrise doesn't seem very creative...
jesus man, how many ways can you draw two people lookig at each other?

Nothing is "creative" anymore, everybody just borrows ideas from other people and mix it in with their own.
Old 2006-02-28, 08:51   Link #577
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
*Spits out cereal.*

I LOL'D.
Old 2006-04-21, 01:39   Link #578
yankervitch

Question Historical background

Was just rewatching this episode on youtube when I noticed this (under a spoiler tag to not wonk anyone's page out):

Spoiler:

Which got me thinking about the Mukden Incident. To make a long story short: in WWII, the Japanese sabotaged part of their own railway system in China and offered the sabotage as "proof" that they needed to move in to "stabilize" the region.

Given that Ho, Wong, etc. are pretty recognizable Chinese names, as well as the flag that resembles China's modern flag - it seems like this is a reverse Mukden incident.

Something just smells fishy about all this. Just something to think about...
Closed Thread