AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 16:26   Link #41
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I found the art very good.
But the guy looks wierd...
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 16:29   Link #42
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Maybe you shoud just read it before spouting what if statements.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 19:25   Link #43
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Maybe you shoud just read it before spouting what if statements.
I went thru today and read the scanlation of it you did (nice job btw). It's a really funny manga. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the anime is.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 21:12   Link #44
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm. So you guys actually like the manga that much? Might have to go hunt it down myself as well. But I'm definately going to love the anime when it comes out. Strange concepts like this usually end up being really enjoyable because the writers are already in a hole from the start and can't just slack off when writing this story.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 18:59   Link #45
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

I've just watched the first episode by [^_^] ( cute fansub name ), fun, enjoyed it pretty much.. a weird version of "stuck on you"

Throughly recommended to you if you like cute gals and romance.
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:12   Link #46
mirichan

I agree...

It's not as subtle as the manga BUT it's not atrociously ecchi or anything... And whoever is Midori's voice actress, she's both good & cute...

I just hope she'll be wearing her "I love Seiji" tee-shirt soon... one breasts exposition was enough... or else I'll fear the fanboys will be happy drooling all over the fanservice...
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:21   Link #47
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I can't wait for the torrent to work again. The show looks so cute. I just hope this won't be too long cause the story would get boring after a while.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:29   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
I agree...

It's not as subtle as the manga BUT it's not atrociously ecchi or anything... And whoever is Midori's voice actress, she's both good & cute...
Her seiyuu's Mai Nakahara, who's worked on quite a few "cute" main female roles in the last year, including Rena in .hack//legend, Miina in Onegai Twins, Maia in Daphne, and Chihaya in Maburaho.
Old 2004-04-05, 19:43   Link #49
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

The torrent appears to be working for me (using newest Azureus).

It's going really slowly, though, so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I know if this series is any good.

Also, it appears to only connect to TorrentStorm and Experimental clients, but I don't know why.
Old 2004-04-05, 19:58   Link #50
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

i'm still uploading for yall ~~ at 2.6k/s wahahahah!!!!!! cant talk much about the first episode since most of u havent watched it
Old 2004-04-05, 20:05   Link #51
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I actually liked the first episode more than the first chapter of the manga. The character intros at the beginning were a nice touch to add... although I didn't see the importance of the cat...

Anyway, I haven't seen the subs from this '^_^' group, but some people that I put confidence in claim that it's a less than complete translation... meh, I can't seem to get the torrent to actually move, so I may never know.
Old 2004-04-05, 20:09   Link #52
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

OK, I've been informed by someone who's actually downloaded the whole thing that ^_^ are speedsubbers. They didn't do the song translations and the subs have terrible grammar mistakes all over the place. Also, there seem to be unresolvable playback problems for the video, and it skips in all players-- even VLC.

In short, skip this version and wait for the next group. Cancel your downloads if you've started them.
Old 2004-04-05, 20:40   Link #53
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
This anime looks hilarious but it looks a little too perverted LOL not over perverted like mahoromatic but I may give it a try LOL
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 20:42   Link #54
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
OK, I've been informed by someone who's actually downloaded the whole thing that ^_^ are speedsubbers. They didn't do the song translations and the subs have terrible grammar mistakes all over the place. Also, there seem to be unresolvable playback problems for the video, and it skips in all players-- even VLC.

In short, skip this version and wait for the next group. Cancel your downloads if you've started them.
Sorry but I will disagree with you on all your points.

I'm ANAL about typos... did not notice any or at least if there were any, they were too minimal to attract my attention as I was laughing, anyway.

The vid did NOT skip, at no time, and I only use Windows Media Player 9 with FFDshow...

Of course, I will go for a better "known" version afterwards since I do like karaoke for the opening/end themes and the songs were cute so I'd like to sang along... but I did not see any big problem justifying such comments... even more since you have NOT seen it yourself...

And BTW? I have no damn clue who the subbers were... but the quality is pretty good for speedsubbers, if that's what they are.
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 20:48   Link #55
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
Sorry but I will disagree with you on all your points.

I'm ANAL about typos... did not notice any or at least if there were any, they were too minimal to attract my attention as I was laughing, anyway.

The vid did NOT skip, at no time, and I only use Windows Media Player 9 with FFDshow...

And BTW? I have no damn clue who the subbers were... but the quality is pretty good for speedsubbers, if that's what they are.
I'm not having problems with the playback too, but i notice how some animation in the anime skipped, like how the windows opened.

and the subbing aint that bad ( i was distracted too )
Old 2004-04-05, 20:51   Link #56
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

well... the raw's been out for almost 72 hours now... assuming a speed subber's worth is in his speed, you'd have to be a crappy speed subber if it took you this long, so I wouldn't call them speed subbers.

On a side note, I've given up ever getting this version through BT. Maybe one of the guys in my channel'll pass it to me
Old 2004-04-05, 20:54   Link #57
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
this is a very disturbing anime, i've got a feeling i'll just watch it to find out why in the 17 hells of the lower abyss she's attached to him.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 21:49   Link #58
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Whoo...I just saw episode 01. It follows the manga fairly closely...so far. It has some identical scenes to the manga. Anyways, so far so good. I like Sawamura Seiji's design in the manga better than the anime though...same goes with Ayase. Darn it...I wanted to see Rin, I love her so much! Hopefully Rin is rendered exactly the way she is in the manga, otherwise I'll be ticked. Looks like I won't see her until episode 03, judging by episode 02's preview...

I was a bit weary of downloading a sub from a group called "^_^", but I couldn't resist, I had to see it . Oh well, I can always download from a fansub group that I can trust later. I'm pretty sure some more groups will pick this up.

I got a feeling this thread is going to explode into epic proportions.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 22:36   Link #59
Za Paper

^_^ didn't do a bad job. No they didnt sub the songs but if you want to watch the episode it is good enough. I didnt notice any glaring grammatical errors or any skipping as people said earlier. I watched the window opening scene and it seemed fine to me. Maybe its a codec problem for those people who say it skips.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 23:18   Link #60
K_R
also known as K!

I'd wager that there'll be at least half a dozen versions of this done by week's end (ours included).
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote