AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-05, 01:23   Link #521
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eisen wasn't affected but he called her a sinful woman too.
The original meaning of "sinful woman" has a very negative connotation, but Japanese people seem to forgot it and used it as jokes. It has been used in Kuma Deskua anime.

The original term is derived from Bible. One Japanese writer used it as his book title. The book won the Japanese literature award. So, it was famous among Japanese literature world. The current usage is describing an attractive woman, or a prank on a female friend. So, the original insulting meaning has been altered.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by scififan; 2023-12-05 at 01:37.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-05, 06:58   Link #522
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder if this Friday's episode will be the final episode of the "Yuusha" theme song. Apparently a big story arc is bound to start in the next parts of the story
Old 2023-12-05, 17:51   Link #523
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I wonder if this Friday's episode will be the final episode of the "Yuusha" theme song. Apparently a big story arc is bound to start in the next parts of the story
Honestly I'm wondering if they'll carry "Yuusha" for the entire 2-cour and just change the ED.
Old 2023-12-05, 21:57   Link #524
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Images
Gold. I can picture Frieren with the Anya smirk in the following screen.
Old 2023-12-06, 05:53   Link #525
EroKing

NSFW
Aura
Old 2023-12-06, 14:27   Link #526
Laevatein

Is it wrong for me to imagine Aura and Mia from Tearmoon Empire hanging out together? (Along with Mami and Celty)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 05:18   Link #527
EroKing

Since it's Friday...
NSFW
Another night with Fern
Old 2023-12-08, 09:50   Link #528
Huh...?

YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 11:36   Link #529
Frontier

I feel bad for Himmel that he went out of his way to want to shop with Frieren and she never quite realized why...well, at least not then .

Stark's finally had enough of Fern's treatment of him and just up and leaves. Then again, he didn't get her a gift for her birthday. And neither did Sein. Fern's not letting go of her pouts so easily .

Though Sein knows girls well and knows how they think, and gets why Fern is so upset...but he also knows how Stark is and he didn't mean any harm by anything, and he's able to push Fern to talk to him again. Dude was like a relationship guru in this episode. He's more of an adult than Frieren is at times .

Aw! Stark just wanted to shop for a gift with Fern! Man, these two are really cute together, especially when they're being sincerely affectionate with one another. And now they have mutual bracelets they've gotten from each other .

Heiter was a corrupt priest who was drunk most of the time but he tried his best to play the perfect adult for Fern, and isn't that really what most people try to do? Play the part of what they think the ideal adult is for themselves and for others? And putting in all that work is worth praising with headpats, as Frieren is happy to oblige .

Look at the two girls comparing the similar accessories they've received from their love interests! Of course the ring came from Himmel. And of a course a sudden bird monster would totally ruin the mood .

Hey, any landing you can walk away from! Especially when Stark falls headfirst like his master would have, Eisen would approve. Also the horse just straight up floating .

"Eternal Love?" The kids might not have had any idea about in the purchasing of the bracelet, but it might mean more for their relationship and feelings for each other than they're willing to admit, especially when Fern won't part with the bracelet for anything and Sein can totally read the vibes between these two .

Oh, Himmel TOTALLY knew what he was doing giving Frieren a ring with that design. Especially because he remained a bachelor right up until his death. And the way he got down on his knees and put the ring on Frieren's fingers...Frieren was practically swooning (as much as she's emotionally capable of) .

Thank goodness their merchant guy had a convenient spell for locating lost accessories! Deep down Frieren would never want to part with that ring or forget the moment she shared with Himmel .
Old 2023-12-08, 12:00   Link #530
Shadow5YA

The animators really do a great job of expressing character emotion through body language.
Small things like the way Frieren slid down the roof right after Sein called her a kid, or all the subtle ways Stark moves his body all add up.

The sound is always on point too. Adding the church bells really drove the point home.

Also one thing I never paid close attention to was the design of the mirrored lotus - Frieren says she has the same design as Fern's bracelet, but if you look more closely, you can see that only Fern's lotus design is blooming while Frieren's ring is a closed bud:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 12:48   Link #531
scififan

After some research, I am certain that the mirror-lotus-flower is the fictional thing. First, the real life metal accessory doesn't have flower language(花言葉). kagamirenge(鏡蓮華) is out of stock on amazon.jp. It reminds me that diamond accessory's meaning is created by merchants. Nevertheless, it is said the manga's poll ranks kagamirenge chapter as the readers' favorite chapter. https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...39591492763959

Nevertheless, there is a plant(grass) called rengesou 蓮華草(レンゲソウ). Its flower language is "your presence softens my pains".

This episode's main point is probably Himmel's bitter facial expression. He realizes Frieren will never realized his feeling during his lifetime. Frieren's recollection shows she is lost in thought.

Images

It is recurring theme that Fern is tsundere, and Stark stays clueless. Fern's remark that Sein as archtype playboy, more or less, hints that why Stark cannot be as clever as Sein.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-12-08 at 12:59.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 12:51   Link #532
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe she can push one of those buttons to make it bloom. It's such a dark gray that it might not be "activated." Fern's is much more colorful and alive.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 18:44   Link #533
grecefar

first half was cute, fern and stark are OTP and we see how now sein works pretty well in the party.

second half was mor fun but with a beautiful moment in the end with that scene of himmel and freiren, maybe she realized that himmel knew what the ring meant after all.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 19:16   Link #534
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fern is the cutest when she's pouting! I love how she tries to act like a mom with Frieren but the truth is she's the most childish of the party. In case you haven't kept track, she turned 18 in this episode and is thus the same age as Stark.

The chapter about the mirrored-lotus ring was recently voted as the readers' favorite chapter of the entire manga. Easy to tell why. Everyone is a sucker for Himmel x Frieren, and it doesn't get any more romantic than buying a ring meaning eternal love, getting down on your knees, and putting it on your beloved's ring finger.
Old 2023-12-08, 19:24   Link #535
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
second half was mor fun but with a beautiful moment in the end with that scene of himmel and freiren, maybe she realized that himmel knew what the ring meant after all.
I think she just realized that at bare minimum, the ring is important because it was a gift from Himmel. Not nothing, not everything, but something.

If she understood what love is then she would be wearing that ring on her finger or at least wouldn't be asking why Fern has the bracelet. Maybe she'll get it by the end of their journey, but I don't think that time is now.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-12-08 at 19:41.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 19:47   Link #536
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm sure for Himmel it was a choice that felt destined. Frieren is the closest thing to eternal as you can get in that world. A gift that represents eternal love somehow feels truly appropriate. He didn't pick the ring, but I appreciate the flourish of him putting it on her finger.

In the end with Frieren and Himmel timing is somewhat a factor. It took until his death for her to truly come to grasp with the shortness of human life and the regrets of not spending more time with him or getting to know him better. In that sense it's probably why he didn't say anything even up to his death. I think her feelings and understanding will steadily grow as this journey goes along. Could make for a truly emotional reunion if the meeting with the spirits really does work out.

The Fern and Stark stuff remains really cute. They are building that up nicely. Fern's angry pouting remains an absolute treat. Just the near hissing reflecting how grumpy she was over it was great. Have seen her lay into Stark verbally enough to know she could go for it if she was really upset. So I'm sure his reaction was proper for whatever she said.

I like the stuff about the present shopping. It took hours, but they found the right thing. A trial for Stark since sure the "pick anything" option on the surface sounds easy, but that's a huge trial in itself! Not a bad call on his part to basically check out everything he could find until getting a visual reaction that she liked it. All the more of a tricky way to do it considering Fern's poker face .

And a good pointer by Sein that should come in handy. Fern has to push through sometimes and say how she truly feels. Especially for a fool like Stark it won't get across otherwise.

Just a good episode overall. The bracelet presents for both are cute and all the more so with the meaning behind Fern's getting revealed long after the gift has been given .
Old 2023-12-08, 22:02   Link #537
Wandering Soul

You're so used to seeing Fern be the adult of the group, it's easy to forget she still has a childish side. Her angry pouting + interactions with Stark were cute. Stark can be pretty dense but he did well picking out that bracelet.

While it was pretty obvious that Himmel was in love with Frieren, the entire flashback with the ring was the blatant display of his feelings.
Old 2023-12-08, 22:11   Link #538
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The animators really do a great job of expressing character emotion through body language.
Small things like the way Frieren slid down the roof right after Sein called her a kid, or all the subtle ways Stark moves his body all add up.

The sound is always on point too. Adding the church bells really drove the point home.

Also one thing I never paid close attention to was the design of the mirrored lotus - Frieren says she has the same design as Fern's bracelet, but if you look more closely, you can see that only Fern's lotus design is blooming while Frieren's ring is a closed bud:
wow, that's a nice detail.

Frieren sliding down the roof was too cute and funny.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 23:42   Link #539
Decel

I feel for Stark. You can see him struggling to read her when she tried the bracelet on at the end of the first part. Fern's when-not-pouting poker face is the stuff of legends.

Frieren can't seem to stay asleep in her spot. I wonder how she survived alone in the wild all those years sleeping like that.
Old 2023-12-09, 01:19   Link #540
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fern's tsundere act wore thin with me a long time ago, but that was an exquisite episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy