Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-16, 09:24   Link #61
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it was showed in a news paper when kitasan started to train, it was only a second so it was an easy miss. Dia ended in 15th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was about the 15 minute and 40 second mark. Just a quick look at the news article covering how Dia did. The picture really captured how crushed she must have felt .
Ah, gotcha. Thanks

That's brutal. Neither of our duo can catch a break.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-20, 15:41   Link #62
Dop
Mmmm....

I get you, Kitasan.

Just one race to go.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-20, 19:38   Link #63
grecefar

while cheval didn't get the rice shower treatmen it was still a really good chapter for her and I'm happy that she finally got that G1 race she dreamed.

one 1 race left for kitasan, it's going to hit hard ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-20, 21:40   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Kitasan announcing her retirement in declining performance just dosnt seem like she just hit a wall now

So Cheval finely won
Old 2023-12-21, 19:19   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze! This season is like a speed run. Most characters it felt like a reasonable amount of time has passed. How many years are we in right now with Kita? 200!? Yeah, three or so. But geeze!

Good for Cheval. Obviously there's an ideal way to win and this wasn't really it. But opponent's will have off days for any number of reasons. In the end she dug deep and pulled through. Would have been miserable for her to never score that win.

The road is just about up for Kitasan and the show itself. One last run at it. I'm sure she'll gut out a win since that would make narrative sense. Although it is following reality so...maybe not?

And man Dia just is in a state after getting wrecked overseas. But hey she cleared most of her goals anyways so I guess it's fine.

Honestly I'm surprised not to see more girls facing their mortality here. If Kitasan (who frankly doesn't look any older) is huffing and past her prime...how long do any of them have left?
Old 2023-12-27, 21:08   Link #66
grecefar

nice race and emotive ending, I liked kitasan outfit since it was based on tokai outfit, nice way to end things. I was thinking in the race "imagine if rice shower was racing there and won", the heat would be even more nuclear than when hogan turned heel.

while not the best season it was a good 7/10. There is a movie coming so there still more uma musume.

Last edited by grecefar; 2023-12-28 at 22:35.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 21:31   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kitasan Black last race and train hard and getting a new costume for her last race but at less she went all out at the end

So those 2 idiot really do live a the track know wonder they all way get the good space

8/10 Cant wait for the movie
Old 2023-12-28, 17:51   Link #68
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Nice and emotional finale. I was afraid that I wasn't gonna warm up with with our new duo, but I'm glad I was wrong. Excited for the movie and game next year!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-28, 22:27   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Solid last episode. Good for Kitasan. She got that last win. I mean you would expect that for the main character. But she definitely pulled out the best she still had for it. Not sure it was as emotional a last race as some of the others. Since the last race at the end of a reasonably successful career isn't quite the same as those "can they come back" races after serious injuries like for Teio or Suzuka. But it was still a good race .

Plus hey, they actually fit a full post race performance in.

It's kind of funny how Dia is the secondary lead (kind of) and Duramente is the rival but both barely ever actually raced against Kitasan during the show . Crown and Cheval are more the main rivals of the show since they are up there against Kitasan the most often. They just aren't often main contenders to win.

Oh, the person standing next to Dia was that team's trainer. Yeah, I just figured she was a random maid for the Satono family .

I'd say this show was fine. It was definitely a distant third for me compared to the previous two seasons. Kitasan was fine and a solid lead. Dia was ok as a secondary character. Some of the races were good. I thought the early part of the show was pretty weak. And the passage of time just felt weird with them basically covering 3 years in 13 episodes. But absolutely looks any different. Kitasan starts her career as a budding hopeful and by 13 she's a "grizzled" veteran that's left her prime. But all of the cast are just never leaving that school .

I didn't hate it. But I also can't give it more than a 6/10. Just didn't love it.
Old 2023-12-30, 21:48   Link #70
ramlaen

The flow of time was easily the most confusing part with years passing by and yet not.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-30, 21:54   Link #71
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Kinda difficult to review this without further explanation:
Old 2023-12-30, 23:30   Link #72
Kazu-kun

It's not total shit but can't compare to the first and second seasons. No decent rivals, no memorable moments, very little emotional impact.

I know having to follow real-life history makes things tough for the writers, but they could have done better with what they had.