AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-12-17, 07:51   Link #1
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The One Piece - anime remake by WIT Studio & Netflix

We need a thread for The One Piece, a remake of the anime produced by Netflix and animated by WIT studio.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-12-17, 11:19   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Exciting news. I recently got into the anime again after a decade thanks to the live action adaptation.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 13:58   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I wonder if they are they trying to appeal to the live-action viewers 🤔.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 15:46   Link #4
WingedAccelerator

I will be the official heretic to suggest a new voice cast because it's a remake/reboot. No amount of good animation would be enough if I have to hear the exact same lines by the exact same cast for the fourth or fifth time.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 17:09   Link #5
Frontier

Considering how often I hear of the big barrier of entry to the original anime from it's pacing, to how dated it looks, to other issues, I can see the appeal of this remake. And Netflix probably wants their own version of the OP anime.

I'm curious to see what a Studio WIT One Piece looks like and what kind of staff they can get onboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I will be the official heretic to suggest a new voice cast because it's a remake/reboot. No amount of good animation would be enough if I have to hear the exact same lines by the exact same cast for the fourth or fifth time.
They had Mayumi Tanaka in the teaser, so I assume they're keeping much of the original cast.

It's kind of funny how they're doing the main series, the Netflix adaption dub, and now redoing their original adventures .
Old 2023-12-18, 12:19   Link #6
marvelB

Geez, wish I had caught wind of this sooner, I'd have made the thread lickety split if I did!

Anyway, I kinda wonder if this is equivalent to OP officially getting the DB Kai treatment (ie filler getting cut out, quicker pacing in general)? Either way, I find it a curious decision considering the main story (both manga and anime) aren't finished yet. I suppose I also have to concur that this is being done in response to the success of the live action adaption. Just gonna wait and see how this goes.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 12:23   Link #7
grecefar

I don't know. I mean it's cool that is getting better animation but I'm afraid of censorship.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 18:54   Link #8
Wandering Soul

I'm hoping this is pretty much a Dragon Ball Kai situation. We all like One Piece, but the pacing for the anime is terrible.
Old 2023-12-18, 19:11   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, wish I had caught wind of this sooner, I'd have made the thread lickety split if I did!

Anyway, I kinda wonder if this is equivalent to OP officially getting the DB Kai treatment (ie filler getting cut out, quicker pacing in general)? Either way, I find it a curious decision considering the main story (both manga and anime) aren't finished yet. I suppose I also have to concur that this is being done in response to the success of the live action adaption. Just gonna wait and see how this goes.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm hoping this is pretty much a Dragon Ball Kai situation. We all like One Piece, but the pacing for the anime is terrible.
It's a given they aren't remaking it from scratch just to improve the animation. They're most likely going to follow the manga to a T. Especially since there's no way they'll be able to make more than 26 episodes per year (and that's optimistic, it'll more likely be 12).
Old 2023-12-20, 18:02   Link #10
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I don't know. I mean it's cool that is getting better animation but I'm afraid of censorship.
At least 4Kids is not in control in all of this.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-22, 14:59   Link #11
Hoodspirit

On the topic of voice actors, get younger ones. Some definitely wouldn't survive this project's length.

Not sure on the rest to be honest. If they go with the Live Action approach and mix the story up to shorten it in the long run that could be more interesting, but I feel like I would find myself more at home with a faithful adaptation of the manga.

At least before they inevitably aren't covering the moments that are important to me in the way I want and start flaming the project.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 20:01   Link #12
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
The original Toei anime had a bunch of censorship, middle fingers were cut out, and Sakazuki melting off part of Whitebeard’s face was also censored.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote