AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 17:38   Link #1021
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
So anyone thinks we might be seeing what's under Tali's suit, in ME3? I mean, talk about a cop-out...

Also, no patch for the PS3, yet, eh?
I'm still mad they didn't show it in ME2.

They created the perfect moment to show it, but they chickened out in the end.

It would have add much to the scene. Showing her face to Shepard would have made the romance scene much more intimate, because Shepard would be the only person in the galaxy (not counting her parents) that knew what she looks like under her mask. It would be a sign of how much Tali loves him and is willing to risk for their relationship.

By showing it to Shepard but not the player they also create a disconnection between the avatar and the player. Which is bad game design, because this is the only moments in the games (If I remember correctly) where Shepard knows something which the player doesn't.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 18:07   Link #1022
Tiberium Wolf

WTH are you ppl saying!? Quarians charms are that they don't show their faces. If Tali showed her face her charm would be all gone.
Old 2011-02-01, 00:23   Link #1023
Aqua Knight

I think it was good that they didn't show it because in order to to see the face you would have to pursue romancing Tali. Either the face had to be shown regardless of the romance or not shown at all.
Old 2011-02-01, 05:50   Link #1024
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
I think it was good that they didn't show it because in order to to see the face you would have to pursue romancing Tali. Either the face had to be shown regardless of the romance or not shown at all.
They could have shown it twice. Players that romanced Tali could just see it a bit earlier.
Old 2011-02-01, 09:07   Link #1025
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd have no problem with only seeing her face if she was to be romanced. That would be a big boon for the player, would it not?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 10:41   Link #1026
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I'd have no problem with only seeing her face if she was to be romanced. That would be a big boon for the player, would it not?
Exactly
Old 2011-02-01, 13:47   Link #1027
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
WTH are you ppl saying!? Quarians charms are that they don't show their faces. If Tali showed her face her charm would be all gone.
Aaaah the mystery.

Grass are always greener on the other side...best that side be other forever.

Btw anyone care to share pictures of their Shepherd? I wana make a good looking Shepherd (guy or girl) and want some designs that I can steal..i mean inspire myself from.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 14:23   Link #1028
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Aaaah the mystery.

Grass are always greener on the other side...best that side be other forever.

Btw anyone care to share pictures of their Shepherd? I wana make a good looking Shepherd (guy or girl) and want some designs that I can steal..i mean inspire myself from.
I'm not sure if I want to see a quarian's face; it would ruin some of the mystery and I don't know if there is any way they could do it that would not be even slightly disappointing.

As for my Shepard, here he is (Spoiler due to image size)...
Spoiler for Jason Shepard:

In my opinion he's pretty handsome (and I'm a guy so that's a strange opinion ) and you can feel free to nick the character code in the top left if you want. Oh--and on the subject of character codes--you can always go to this site if you want to see a database of shepards (some are creepy though).
I'm in the middle of a second play-through that I'm hoping to completely complete before ME3 gets here.
Old 2011-02-01, 15:51   Link #1029
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*taps chin* Do those codes work for the PS3 and 360 as well? I've always imported my ME1 Shep, so I never checked.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 16:14   Link #1030
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*taps chin* Do those codes work for the PS3 and 360 as well? I've always imported my ME1 Shep, so I never checked.
Hmm... I'm not sure. I would presume so as it should be the same engine (though it'd be a pain to enter if it didn't work). Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by JuGG; 2011-02-03 at 06:11.
JuGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:03   Link #1031
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Well i just beat it...that was a long time coming...
yeah that was a pretty big cop out..
Old 2011-02-09, 12:57   Link #1032
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 17:52   Link #1033
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hahaha! Oh how it's true in some occasions
Old 2011-02-09, 18:03   Link #1034
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That certainly had me laughing. Brilliant.
Old 2011-02-14, 03:41   Link #1035
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just got this game last night. Pretty addicting.

Decided to go for a sexy Femshep (Infiltrator) with a lesbian relationship with Liara, but then I unintentionally flirted with Jacob. It's like everything Femshep says to him is sexually charged.

Anyway, any tips? I'm just doing the side quests right now. Recruiting Kasumi and Zaeed, getting all the supplies my crew needs and getting that asshole that poisoned me in the bar.
Old 2011-02-14, 08:08   Link #1036
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

/facepalm of course you went for the lesbian path...........
Old 2011-02-14, 14:40   Link #1037
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
/facepalm of course you went for the lesbian path...........

Well whatever I say is just going to sound like excuses but I do have legitimate reasons why I picked Liara and Femshep.
1) I prefer Jennifer Hale's voice acting, and I wanted to see a strong woman character in video games that isn't portrayed as a super-sex-symbol like Bayonetta and Lara Croft (at least the new Lara doesnt' seem that way).
2) I chose Liara because of the Shadow Broker DLC, and the fact that Bioware intended that to be set beween ME2 and 3 even if you can choose to play it before your last mission. So this actually means that Liara is the only character that is guaranteed to be in ME3...not even Shephard is since EVERYONE can die in 2 except for those not in the squad...Liara. So I decided to have a long lasting relationship ...

I have to say that adorable Tali is really making me regret my choice.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:29   Link #1038
chaos_alfa

Quote:

Well whatever I say is just going to sound like excuses but I do have legitimate reasons why I picked Liara and Femshep.
1) I prefer Jennifer Hale's voice acting, and I wanted to see a strong woman character in video games that isn't portrayed as a super-sex-symbol like Bayonetta and Lara Croft (at least the new Lara doesnt' seem that way).
2) I chose Liara because of the Shadow Broker DLC, and the fact that Bioware intended that to be set beween ME2 and 3 even if you can choose to play it before your last mission. So this actually means that Liara is the only character that is guaranteed to be in ME3...not even Shephard is since EVERYONE can die in 2 except for those not in the squad...Liara. So I decided to have a long lasting relationship ...

I have to say that adorable Tali is really making me regret my choice.
Shepard can die in the suicide mission, but you won't be able to transfer your save file over to ME 3.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:31   Link #1039
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Shepard can die in the suicide mission, but you won't be able to transfer your save file over to ME 3.
What can lead to Sheperd dying in the suicide mission exactly?
Old 2011-02-14, 17:50   Link #1040
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
What can lead to Sheperd dying in the suicide mission exactly?
Having no friends survive to catch him (or, more precisely, pull him to safety) as he jumps toward the Normandy as the Collector base blows up.

Quote:
I just got this game last night. Pretty addicting.

Decided to go for a sexy Femshep (Infiltrator) with a lesbian relationship with Liara, but then I unintentionally flirted with Jacob. It's like everything Femshep says to him is sexually charged.
You'll eventually get to a point where Jacob will express his feelings toward you. Once there, simply choose the Renegade or Neutral option to break off the relationship (the Neutral option will keep the Loyalty, but the Renegade may cause Jacob to lose his Loyalty).

To be safe, the only way to be sure you are still in a relationship with Liara is to see if the picture of her on your Captain's Desk in your personal quarters has been turned over or not (I think that is only if you choose her for the first game, so it could be Ashley or Kaiden if you choose that character...I think (the only save file I had for MS 1 was the Liara option, so I am unclear what happens with the other options)).

p.s. you can persue a sexual relationship with the red head personal assistant (sorry, I've forgotten her name), without worrying about messing up your relationship with Liara.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-14 at 18:01.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2