AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 09:21   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 391 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pics and direct translations.
Summaries are ok, crops of pics are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

• Itachi collapses and Sasuke think he has won when Itachi re-appears still alive, protected into some kind of armor.
  • Sasuke is dumbfounded and forces himself in CS2, Itachi acknowledges Sasuke has indeed became stronger but he will now use his final trump card, Susanoo.
  • It does seem that Itachi is completely blind at the end of the chapter and he has thrown away his cloak.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-02-25 at 14:44.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:10   Link #2
Rahan

Unlike the last 2 monday afternoon (european time), there aren't any confirmed spoiler pic released.
Only a summary which states Sasuke's katon was directed to the sky to heat up the clouds and create lightning. (according to your play-by-play commentator Zetsu)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:21   Link #3
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
you know i kinda figured thats what he was doing because he was just randomly shooting them up in the sky. I would love to see 391 :-)
MrCapcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:39   Link #4
reloaded
skywalker

That does sound believable and seems kinda smart.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 11:23   Link #5
Mizugetsu

Global Warming Al Gore was right it is bad for you

but on a more serious note i wonder if sasuke can really handle proper lighting

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 12:06   Link #6
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizugetsu View Post
Global Warming Al Gore was right it is bad for you

but on a more serious note i wonder if sasuke can really handle proper lighting
Indeed. Unless he's practiced and used this technique before, calling forth some "real" lightning to fight your opponent seems a tad irresponsible. He might be torched, along with Itachi.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:17   Link #7
Sasuke_Bateman
No

It appears pretty damn godly!! lol
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 12:40   Link #8
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Kakashi cut lightning in half that seems like something only a demi-god can do, also Hidan is freaking immortal I bet to this chapter he is still screaming out "F@£$ GET ME OUTTA HERE"
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:00   Link #9
Rahan

Spoilers pics are out (once again a monday !)
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-25, 14:06   Link #10
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Spoilers pics are out (once again a monday !)
Spoiler:
Wow. That a quick and unpleasing battle.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:12   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Except it's not over and seems to actually end in Itachi's favor.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:16   Link #12
Rahan

Well, I am waiting for a translation of the page with Itachi's lines, but to me, the pics seem to be all Itachi. Sasuke is in CS2 mode, but doesn't seem hurt or anything while Itachi is blind.
And Itachi clearly lost the cloak and we know what it means.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:17   Link #13
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Except it's not over and seems to actually end in Itachi's favor.
What do you mean?
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-02-25, 14:17   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I'm not saying Itachi isn't going to die at the end of the fight but the fact is that Itachi countered Sasuke's last jutsu and is on the verge to use his own last trump card against a chakra-less Sasuke.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:23   Link #15
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm not saying Itachi isn't going to die at the end of the fight but the fact is that Itachi countered Sasuke's last jutsu and is on the verge to use his own last trump card against a chakra-less Sasuke.
Oh yea!!!! I had forgotten the name of the up comming chapter. Well, if everything in that spoiler is true it should be a pretty good one considering the situaltion Itachi is in right now.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:29   Link #16
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit confused about the place they are.
Weren't they supposed to fight inside of some Uchiha-building? And the Uchihas were part of Konoha, so they have to be inside of Konoha, don't they? So shouldn't anybody notice them?
The Uchiha are part of Konoha but they also predate the village. I think they are in an ancient hideout from before the creation of Konoha.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:38   Link #17
Ero-Senn1n

I hope that Itachi actually used a jutsu to escape the lightnings and not just some shitty-Uchiha-type-running-very-fast-and-dodging-everything. What element is stronger than lightning from the other 4 elements? Maybe he should use such an elemental jutsu, or summon a damn big animal and hide in it (remember Sasuke and Pein hiding in summons). It would be cool if Itachi tells that while his eyes were damaged because of the extensive use of MS but he has chakra and jutsu knowledge enough to fight the conventional way. And finally show some damn jutsu that's not Uchiha related, like summoning or elemental jutsu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:39   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

A little summary of the chapter for those who didn't understand what happened :
  • Sasuke's Dragon Fireballs exploded in the sky and heated the atmosphere creating a big cumulonimbus cloud above the hideout in order to obtain a thunderstorm.
  • The name of this jutsu is Kirin, Sasuke controls countless lightning bolts in a dragon-shaped form and makes it strike Itachi instantly.
  • Itachi collapses and Sasuke think he has won when Itachi re-appears still alive, protected into some kind of armor.
  • Sasuke is dumbfounded and forces himself in CS2, Itachi acknowledges Sasuke has indeed became stronger but he will now use his final trump card, Susanoo.
  • It does seem that Itachi is completely blind at the end of the chapter and he has thrown away his cloak.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:44   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The long-speculated Susanoo technique. I must say, I didn't think we'd see this jutsu. I'm curious to see how Itachi will perform it when he appears to have lost his Sharingan (not mention his sight) and has so little chakra left

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:47   Link #20
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
YAY Susanoo, finally! but sasuke willl somehow win if kirin was his last attact I cannot imagine what how he can be saved unless naruto and co or madara interupts

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote