AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 34.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-27, 02:30   Link #41
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
So they just couldn't resist adding supernatural element to any story, could they? What's next, they're giving this power to the brash and impulsive Alicia, naruto style.

Come on, stereotypical cynical/faithless believer of laws of physics. You have to win an argument for once. Of course, anime never did make Newton look good...
Old 2009-05-27, 02:32   Link #42
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You have no idea what you've just unleashed.
Old 2009-05-27, 04:04   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
She eats spinach...
Best reply in this thread yet.
Old 2009-05-27, 15:23   Link #44
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Man...whys the sub take so long for this show to come out! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man...
Old 2009-05-27, 16:14   Link #45
Judge Bao
Environmental Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Man...whys the sub take so long for this show to come out! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man...
The subber from [Ayako] got school project to complete and he/she will delay the sub for about 2 days...
Old 2009-05-27, 16:30   Link #46
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
So they just couldn't resist adding supernatural element to any story, could they? What's next, they're giving this power to the brash and impulsive Alicia, naruto style.

Come on, stereotypical cynical/faithless believer of laws of physics. You have to win an argument for once. Of course, anime never did make Newton look good...
It's anime.

The odds of anything supernatural or having characters skilled beyond all logical reasoning not appearing are so small they're not worth thinking about.

That sort of thing only occurs in obscure and barely popular manga afaik.
Old 2009-05-27, 18:01   Link #47
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It's from a game originally, though. So, complain to the people at Sega, if you don't like the way some of the characters develop certain abilities...

Old 2009-05-27, 18:11   Link #48
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
It's anime.

The odds of anything supernatural or having characters skilled beyond all logical reasoning not appearing are so small they're not worth thinking about.

That sort of thing only occurs in obscure and barely popular manga afaik.
You should have googled first before you wrote every single word.
Old 2009-05-27, 22:46   Link #49
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh as soon as they entered that temple and started talking about some of the mythology in this world I was pretty much prepared for the story to take a turn for the weird so Selv's bullet blocking wasn't that big of a deal...Plus she looked awesome doing it which helps to digest the fact she did it at all easier.

Mmm other then that suprisingly solid episode...Tsundere boy just go die already though please...No...wait...If he disappears Alicia will go back to being the requisite tsundere idiot...Damn nevermind then.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-27, 23:25   Link #50
sikvod00

Dammit, and Maximilian gets to keep dat fine Valkyrie azz all to himself. Look more happy, fool.
Old 2009-05-27, 23:57   Link #51
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Max's interests at this point do not include women. He's after power, prestige.
Old 2009-05-28, 00:02   Link #52
sikvod00

^ Well, I thought it was obvious that I wasn't being too serious.
Old 2009-05-28, 00:05   Link #53
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Personally, I thought the Imperial Army had the most Ridiculously Human Robots around, with Max, Selvaria and Gregor being so inhuman that they seem robotic.
Old 2009-05-28, 02:01   Link #54
Likely

this week and last weeks episodes were boring, objectively speaking. this is such a good show too. heres hoping they get on track soon.
Old 2009-05-28, 02:19   Link #55
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Faldio is lucky to have "that damned mole" Musaad in his squad; that makes at least one competent soldier to make up for that silly tsundere lap boy Ramal. I wish they just kill off that character already. He's pretty much ruining any character development between Isara and Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Personally, I thought the Imperial Army had the most Ridiculously Human Robots around, with Max, Selvaria and Gregor being so inhuman that they seem robotic.
It's understandable for Max. His egomania and ambition is pretty much the sole driving force of his character. Everyone else are just bugs.
I find Gregor to be an interesting character actually. He provides the perfect duo with Jaeger with their clashing personalities. And it's good for once that a show/game goes to lengths to make the enemy general look competent. In the end it just make Welkin look more awesome when he outsmarts them.

I guess I just like the cool and collected type soldier over the overly emotional ones (and overly young) usually shown in anime.
Old 2009-05-28, 02:25   Link #56
kalbron

Having just watched the episode, half way through my jaw just dropped.

Say what? You actually believe in Welkin Alicia? You haven't demonstrated any faith whatsoever for the first seven episodes yet you suddenly believe in him? O.o

Blushing... nervousness... strange excitment for Welkin's past... clear interest in Welkin...

Wait... the Real Alicia has appeared! She must have killed anime-Alicia and burried her in the rubble! Hooray!
Old 2009-05-28, 02:59   Link #57
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I watch Gregor/Jaegar with interest, because for the 3rd time at least, father and son acted alongside each other.
Old 2009-05-28, 03:45   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Hm. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why didn't Welkin and Faldio took their handgun out and started shooting with Alicia at Maximilian? Is that idea didn't crossed their mind? Do they not realize he is an important figure of a country they are waging war against?
I have no idea what sort of magic Selvaria uses, but she shouldn't be able to deflect 3 differently aimed bullets at the exact same time (and the handguns seemed semi-automatic).

I mean, if like Himmler or Heydrich would casually walk on the Eastern front in WW2, I'd bet money the russians would have sent a few bullets at him, and not just standing in a complete paralyzed awe like how Walkin and Faldio did. Honestly that was the first time I was impressed with Alicia, IMHO finally she did something "reasonable" I would have expected from her.
Old 2009-05-28, 03:54   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I have no idea what sort of magic Selvaria uses, but she shouldn't be able to deflect 3 differently aimed bullets at the exact same time (and the handguns seemed semi-automatic).
Why shouldn't she? You yourself just said that you don't know what sort of magic she is using, so you don't know what it's capable of doing.
Old 2009-05-28, 04:02   Link #60
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well, if they are so familiar with the Valkyre/Valkyrur (sp?) magic and they know the sword-deflectional capabilities of a true "specimen" of the said race, I would understand they don't try it. But are they familiar with the Valkyre abilities that much, to effectively gauge and estimate that they don't have any chance of hitting him?
I would say no, because Faldio seemed genuinely amazed she managed to slash Alicia's bullet, and that makes me think that's the first time he hears such a thing. Than why didn't he tried to do the same thing as Alicia?

Anyway, even if she's capable of deflecting multiple bullet, they could easily shoot at Maximilian if they start running in a circle around Selvaria (1 in each direction obviously) and keep the distance from her, while Alicia keeps Selvaria busy by shooting at her.