AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-29, 17:01   Link #21
crazyXsunshine

i dunno... both are equally good, but if i was a mangaka in Arakawa-sensei's position, i'd be annoyed.

they REALLY branched off. and the timeline for the anime is slightly weirder. esp. the beginning.

however, arakawa sensei shouldn't have a problem with the animation itself. cuz it is BEAST and HAWT.
Old 2004-08-29, 20:35   Link #22
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

True, they created an entirely different storyline (at least from what's been out from the manga - and Yebyosh kindly translates for us), and she has every right to be annoyed by it. I just didn't really grasp any ill will towards the animated counterpart of her characters from that strip, is all.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2004-08-29 at 20:53.
Old 2004-09-01, 07:42   Link #23
Yoska
フランキー

Arakawa coughing out blood is probably just a sign of a good kind of suprise that a big company like BONES is producing the anime. As for I know mangakas don't usually involve in making an anime adaptation of their works. But the anime is making money and fame so at least Arakawa's wallet is happy.
Old 2004-09-01, 12:52   Link #24
Kimbley

Actually, I think this might be good for her. People watching the anime will probably hear about how different it is from the manga, get curious, and go out to read the manga.
Old 2004-09-01, 12:57   Link #25
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

But FullMetal Alchemist in both anime and manga is really good, well that's my opinion.

I'm giving them both a closer check up.
Old 2004-09-01, 16:05   Link #26
gaheris

I think they are both great but I prefer the manga because the anime seems to have some plotholes that have yet so close to the ending to be explained. I think that the manga is great and is much more dramatic, funny and interesting. The anime is real good but the story doesn't seem as tight with too many irregularities from after the manga and anime totally diverged. I will miss the anime when its gone but since we have the original work the manga I will fast get over it.
Closed Thread