AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 16:32   Link #1541
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

OMG! A clumsy Tali! ^.^
And Liara's big blue eyes are so adorable... ah, what I'm saying... they are all adorable. xD

And thanks for posting this costumization vid Lowe, this is awesome.
Old 2012-02-13, 06:01   Link #1542
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The SD poly characters are funny as heck. Tali's (> <) eyes made me giggle. And Liara's fireworks with her biotics.... just lol.

Nice find.
Old 2012-02-13, 13:20   Link #1543
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Garrus getting a rocket to the face made me chuckle.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 18:48   Link #1544
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can has demo?

Seriously is the demo up yet?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 23:29   Link #1545
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

According to the official site, the Demo is expected to come up no earlier than 12 Midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST). Which means it should hit around 3-4 hours from now.

Also was watching a live-stream of the Xbox360 MP Demo last night (those who got the demo early from Facebook plus have Battlefield 3), and Krogans smashing and headbutting Cerberus to oblivion looks incredible Unfortunately, said melee fails as soon as they ran up against Guardians with their riot shields, and those freaking Phantoms (aka Cerberus Ninjas)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:01   Link #1546
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
According to the official site, the Demo is expected to come up no earlier than 12 Midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST). Which means it should hit around 3-4 hours from now.
They said 12PM. 12PM is Noon, Midnight is 12AM.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:23   Link #1547
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Woops, my mistake Although that's irrelevant now, given their new announcement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Priestly, Bioware
Hi Everyone

Fans are eagerly awating the launch of the Mass Effect 3 demo, which comes out tomorrow.Below is some information to help you get the demo.

The Mass Effect 3 Demo is available at the following locations:
PC - Origin(note, it will appear once it is available)

Xbox 360 - Xbox Live Marketplace

Playstation 3 - Playstation Store

Expected release times. (Note, we do not have the exact times so the demo could be earlier or later than indicated.)
PC - Approximately 10am PST

Xbox 360 - Approximately 2am PST

Playstation 3 - Approximately 4pm PST

For fans with Battlefield 3 early access to the demo, please follow the below steps to activate your online Pass for early access.

1) Redeem your Battlefield 3 Online Pass on Xbox Marketplace, Origin, or in the Battlefield 3 game.
2) Launch Battlefield 3 and then start Multiplayer from the main menu.
a. This will set the Mass Effect 3 entitlement

b. The “Thanks for redeeming your Online Pass” message that displays confirms that your entitlement is active.

3) Start the Mass Effect 3 Demo and select Multiplayer to play.
a. Entitlements are platform agnostic.

We look forward to playing Mass Effect 3 with you.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-14, 02:31   Link #1548
Xion Valkyrie

Gameplay leak video is available online for people who are impatient.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:46   Link #1549
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, new CM spotted:

Old 2012-02-14, 03:13   Link #1550
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Dammit, I wasted three hours of sleep staying up for this.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:19   Link #1551
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Dammit, I wasted three hours of sleep staying up for this.
You should see the revised times though, the demo will be coming later than expected I'm awake early mornings anyway (when the demo will release on PC), but still the wait is unbearable

Old 2012-02-14, 04:25   Link #1552
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Downloading the demo on XBL now. It's er...1.76GB. Awesome. Maybe I'll go back to bed for a bit...

How many of you guys are going to be trying out the multiplayer?
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:40   Link #1553
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am most likely going to give it a day or two and see how people are reacting to the demo. I do not want the demo to ruin my expectation of the game similar to D3 beta...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 05:45   Link #1554
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Downloading the demo on XBL now. It's er...1.76GB. Awesome. Maybe I'll go back to bed for a bit...

How many of you guys are going to be trying out the multiplayer?
After seeing the gameplay vids on MP, I'll definitely be trying out MP for sure. PC player here.

So some things I gleamed from various multiplayer demo vids floating round the net:

- The unlock system for various weapon and armor customization parts, consumable equipment, new weapons and playable races are purchased through "packs". These packs can be bought from the multiplayer store using "credits" which are points earned through playing multiplayer. There are three different packages overall; the Starter Pack, which is a single free pack you're given at the beginning, the Recruit Pack and the Veteran Pack. It appears as though the rewards you get from each pack is absolutely random, with the more expensive Veteran pack providing a higher chance of giving you the best stuff like playable races and heavy weapons.

- All powers seem to work on all defenses now, unlike the specialized targets in ME2, so you can use Overload on biotic barriers. Of course, It'd still be more effective to use the proper abilities against their designed targets, i.e. using Overload on shields.

- Most enemies are unshielded, but make up for it by being somewhat smarter and more mobile along with improved variety. For example Cerberus Assault Troopers can actually DODGE powers thrown at them (seen at least a couple of instances of them rolling out of the way of a Warp), and they will use grenades to flush you out of cover. Since enemies will also spawn from all directions, sticking to a single piece of cover for an entire fight isn't advisable.

- Different races have different abilities: ex. Krogans are tough with more health, along with more powerful melee at the cost of mobility (they can't roll, but they can perform a running charge in exchange). They also have different Heavy Melee as well, like the Drell using roundhouse kicks.

- Power combos are now easier to implement. While you still have global cooldown for abilities, if you're carrying light weapons you can reduce your cooldown times dramatically.

We'll likely discover more once we get the demo ourselves

Old 2012-02-14, 06:20   Link #1555
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well the demo isn't up on Origin as of the moment.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 07:18   Link #1556
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Download done, trying it out now.

Clint Mansell music is breath-taking, as expected.

Characters look a touch uncanny valley in general, but I'll get used to it. Ashley looks great, screw the haters.

The RPG elements are back with reinforcements. Tons of new abilities (Engineer now even more broken than before) and the cooldown time on all powers seems to be waaaay down. To compensate, they've ramped the difficulty way up, may have to hold off on doing Insanity till my second playthrough.

All in all, I'm really excited now. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer in a few days time.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 07:33   Link #1557
Sides

I thought it looked great, until I replayed the demo again. The animation is sometime really awkward. The first part were Anderson leads you through the section, when you press the run button, seriously all consoles have an analogue stick!, Anderson just runs like a puppet. Hope the animations were scaled down in the demo, graphics is one thing, but if the animation suck it just make the whole package look bad.
Cannot wait to try out the PC demo, the frame-rate in the 360 version was not impressive goes from 30fps to 20s, but then again it is a demo.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:52   Link #1558
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The animation is sometime really awkward. The first part were Anderson leads you through the section, when you press the run button, seriously all consoles have an analogue stick!, Anderson just runs like a puppet.
This has sort of been a staple for me in the entire ME series. The animation has its moments but usually it's stale as hell, for some reason. (The sequence in the demo, when they run on the bridge, is just god damn hilariously bad. NICE LEGS, ANDERSON).

It really puts me off, and I wish Bioware would put more effort in it, but I can easily deflect it since it isn't the most vital factor in games for me. I'm a STALKER fan after all... In b4 crabwalk.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 10:51   Link #1559
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

MASS EFFECT 3 PC Demo Now Up!!!!

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-02-14 at 13:03.
Old 2012-02-14, 13:35   Link #1560
Aqua Knight

10 % downloaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
effect, games, mass