AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 12:35   Link #2621
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai View Post
Wow, did you seriously just ask that question? It seems like you're just asking obvious questions now that we have established Lulu is alive...

The whole plan is to have everybody believe that Zero rid the world of the evil entity, Lelouch, Now, you saw the episode correct? Just making sure because you don't seem to notice the important details.

They needed the stage to show that Zeraku killed Lulu, and they did exactly that. Suzaku will serve as Zero because he already has the live-on geass, which furthers the fact that Lulu has Code Geass...because if Lulu was actually dead, Suzaku wouldn't have that geass anymore and Schenizeil would be ruling Britannia no?

The more I explain it, the more I see how incapable of you to understand it lmao...if you still don't see it, you're just aren't on my level.
Please try to be respectful to other posters here.

There is no evidence that when the person who used the Geass dies then the geass fails.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:36   Link #2622
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
Ah yes, I forgot about that. You're right, that's exactly what he said to Anya.

By the way, this whole Orange joke about Jeremiah, is it something that was influenced by the fans, or was it an intentional inside joke from the start?
I have seen at least one scan where he is holding an Orange. Because I thought it was funny to see it in the actual anime after all the fanart jokes and scans.
The whole Orange scandal started from nothing :P just something Zero used last season to catch him offguard. The orange was a lie!
Old 2008-09-29, 12:37   Link #2623
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Random comment out of blue that has no relation with what ever is being discuss on this page 132.

Even if now the world is united and not at war anymore i think that humanity hasnt learn its lesson yet. At the moment they are only united because there was a greater evil. Lelouch sacrifying himself to get the wolrd to unite is noble and bold especially concidering that he will be remember as the worst scum ever but i can totally see humanity start all over again in a few years.
To me what he did was only a short term solution, like putting a band aid and temporarly curing the wound without treating the problem at the root (if you are claiming that treating the problem at the root is doing what charles had planned you are really going too far in). Humanity united only because they felt threatened not because they understood it was needed to unite in order for the world to get better. Of course now it s up to the new world leader to lead into the right direction but i m not sure mankind understood the necessity to be united
If he had actually confronted humanity to their mistake and made them take conscience of the need of being united not only because there was a greater threat then his plan would have been a success.

Meh i m overthinking and today was a bad at work.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:46   Link #2624
bran
h e a d s h o t

well here's something random i'll throw about lelouch's body

Jeremiah placed Lelouch's body in Damocles
when he was at the field he looked at the sun and we saw Democles was burning
and when CC said "right lelouch" she looked at the sky

back in the series when Shneizel was planning to blow the Democles with Lelouch he said
"it's a fabulous coffin i wonder if lelouch will be pleased"

now you see the ending was THAT open

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:48   Link #2625
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
By the way, this whole Orange joke about Jeremiah, is it something that was influenced by the fans, or was it an intentional inside joke from the start?
I have seen at least one scan where he is holding an Orange. Because I thought it was funny to see it in the actual anime after all the fanart jokes and scans.
Jeremiah wasn't planned to live this long. (If the staff didn't love him he'd probably be dead at Narita.) Back in Stage 5, this "go home and plant oranges" line was what Guilford humiliated him with. And the staff found his over-reacting on the word "orange" amusing in season 1. Who'd have thought it would be his happy end someday.
So I think it's heavily influenced by fan expectations since there has been lots of "Orange harvesting oranges" fanarts floating around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Schneizel still has his Geass (though since Schneizel may be logical in the fact Lelouch=Zero. Lelouch=Dead. Zero=Dead? he could possibly break out of it later on... maybe. XD)
The order is to "serve Zero". Lelouch only needed to show him Suzaku and say "this man is Zero MkII and you serve him starting from next week" so he can move on.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:48   Link #2626
kazumapwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Random comment out of blue that has no relation with what ever is being discuss on this page 132.

Even if now the world is united and not at war anymore i think that humanity hasnt learn its lesson yet. At the moment they are only united because there was a greater evil. Lelouch sacrifying himself to get the wolrd to unite is noble and bold especially concidering that he will be remember as the worst scum ever but i can totally see humanity start all over again in a few years.
To me what he did was only a short term solution, like putting a band aid and temporarly curing the wound without treating the problem at the root (if you are claiming that treating the problem at the root is doing what charles had planned you are really going too far in). Humanity united only because they felt threatened not because they understood it was needed to unite in order for the world to get better. Of course now it s up to the new world leader to lead into the right direction but i m not sure mankind understood the necessity to be united
If he had actually confronted humanity to their mistake and made them take conscience of the need of being united not only because there was a greater threat then his plan would have been a success.

Meh i m overthinking and today was a bad at work.
I can see where you are getting at because history does intend to repeat itself so I would give it about 20-50 yrs before the war start getting noticeable
kazumapwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:51   Link #2627
SkoolRumble4Ya

Just when I'm about to go post on the forum it already hits over 2,500 comments amazing. Anyway the ending was sad, my tears almost came out. Lelouch died for the the peace of the world. I think the world he create will eventually be at war again because you can't maintain peace forever.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:52   Link #2628
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
well here's something random i'll throw about lelouch's body

Jeremiah placed Lelouch's body in Damocles
when he was at the field he looked at the sun and we saw Democles was burning
and when CC said "right lelouch" she looked at the sky

back in the series when Shneizel was planning to blow the Democles with Lelouch he said
"it's a fabulous coffin i wonder if lelouch will be pleased"

now you see the ending was THAT open
Lol, I didn't think about that one. Nice.
Old 2008-09-29, 12:52   Link #2629
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
The order is to "serve Zero". Lelouch only needed to show him Suzaku and say "this man is Zero MkII and you serve him starting from next week" so he can move on.
Not so sure, if you check the scene again when Suzaku jumps over Schneizel there, he seemed a little confused. XD
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:53   Link #2630
reaper_unique

question: what's going on at 2chan? Since that's a japanese "forum" I figure it's interesting to see what the japanese think about the ending.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:55   Link #2631
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Remember though, Zero is an ideal, a symbol of accomplishing the impossible and of miracles. What is behind the mask is not important, only that Zero can make miracles. And Suzaku just made one, although Lelouch was the one that orchastrated the entire thing so with Kallen's line of saying that it is Zero, I think she was referring to the dieing Lelouch rather then just the one with the sword.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:00   Link #2632
Scalious
Look Behind you!

Send a message via Yahoo to Scalious
Okay, even after reading all this. I Still think Lulu is Dead

Suzaku jab a long sharp Sword Right thru his gut, and ripped it right back out, that does at more damage than bullets. Not to mention no one was rushing to get medical attention. They were too busy chanting ZERO!

The main reason I think this is because of the way code geass has treated Death

Rolo, Shirley, and Euphy were all given A proper death scence. No charactor in the series was given a death scene and was brought back to life

Nunnely, Corneila, Guilford, and Sayako's Apparent death's were not given much justice in the first place. They all got gobbled up by a pink Light, and the other was just shot down with a gun and that was it. No Death scence for any of them

They may have cheapend some deaths but I don't think the producers would go all out with a Death scence for Lulu to only bring him back. Since there is NO POINT. Granted I don't see the point of Guilford to come back other than to make Corneila happy.

You could fathem that Lulu was back to make C.C. happy. Though I'm more leaning on C.C.'s development was to actually to have a renewed sense of living, and not wanting to freaking die. Giving Lulu the code would be contradictory of that, and there is no way he was surviving as mortal from that scene

EDIT: As it was stated before, Charles still had to code sigi on his hand as he was disappering, after he grabbed Lelouch. The World of C killed Charles, not Lelouch.

EDIT NO2: Orange-kun was Loyal to Maraninie first, then Lelouch. I could see him understanding Lelouch needing to die. Since it was noble and it is of Lelouch's Will.
Scalious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:08   Link #2633
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

C.C. also appeared dead when she was shot. The physical manifestations of death can be clearly seen even in people who possess codes. However, they will not pass on. I am a staunch follower of the idea that Lelouch is alive, and the links on my signature would offer my ideas as regards that.

Cheers!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:10   Link #2634
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
C.C. also appeared dead when she was shot. The physical manifestations of death can be clearly seen even in people who possess codes. However, they will not pass on. I am a staunch follower of the idea that Lelouch is alive, and the links on my signature would offer my ideas as regards that.

Cheers!
but they regenerate very quickly
and i haven't seen an immortal with the eye shades of death till now

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:10   Link #2635
Scalious
Look Behind you!

Send a message via Yahoo to Scalious
Quote:

Cheers!
Who and How was he getting the Code?

I just stated why it was not coming from charles

and I do not think C.C. wanted to give Lelouch the code in the end
Scalious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:11   Link #2636
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Not so sure, if you check the scene again when Suzaku jumps over Schneizel there, he seemed a little confused. XD
His eyes actually looked to have the red geass eyes as well as if he was sitting there awaiting an order from Zero who was running by.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:12   Link #2637
FreezeGeass

Sorry, but the "Nunnaly just knew that Lelouch was actually good the whole time because she has a hax lie detecting ability" holds no validity. Nunnaly's ability was from making hand contact and checking vitals DURING a lie, and then being able to tell if it was true or false. Now there's two reasons why this doesn't work with what happened between her and Lelouch. One, Lelouch was not stating any lie during that time. There was nothing for her to check the truth of. Two, the vitals of a dying person are going to be going crazy, and Nunnaly would not have been able to read subtle variations to tell he was lying. I also think there's far too much argument about the specifics of the Code - it was an intentionally ambiguous area, you can't make assumptions that there was no Code transfer because X, Y, and Z conditions were not met when no conditions or requirements were ever established to begin with. This also applies to how the Code itself works. You do not know how resurrection from Death when you have the code works, so do not assume Lelouch had to have died because "lol otherwise he would have gotten up and ppl would have known!!1"

As for the people who continue trying to deny that Lelouch is alive primarily through assumptions about how other characters "would" act, none of them seem to have an answer for the intentional cameraplay done around the driver of the cart.
FreezeGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:13   Link #2638
Hamtaro623

Cool

Quote:

Cheers!
That s true, she seemed so... dead! It could be possible for lelouch to be alive... but why would he want to be? Its not like he has a reason for living anymore. Now that nunally is 'happy' with 'zero'. If he really like, loved CC he would still be alive... but im not sure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Requiem"

It was the end.

The end of fighting and struggle.

"With this the world will be able to sit around a table of dialogue, and not of military power"

The end of yesterday and today.

"Even so, I want a tomorrow!"

The end of Suzaku Kururugi.

"You will live no more as...Kururugi Suzaku..."

The song of the Zero Requiem destroyed the mask of Lelouch Vi Britannia.

"The Demon King Lelouch has died!"

And yet it is not just a song intended to destroy, listen closely to the music, and watch the composer. Lelouch Vi Britannia was destroyed but Lelouch Lamperogue was redeemed.

"The only ones who can shoot are the ones who are prepared to be shot."

And Zero was reborn once again.

"It's...Zero!"

In the end Nunally didn't smile.

"A tomorrow where you aren't there...That's..."

But Lelouch did. Did you know the meaning of his smile?

Kaguya knew because a part of her never stopped believing in him.

"Yet you did understand a part of his true nature. You really are kind."

Kallen knew the instant she saw Zero and Lelouch together.

"It can't be...What Lelouch and Suzaku tried to do was..."

And she got her answer from him.

"What am I to you?"

It was so subtle that she almost missed it within the torrent of emotions in his final smile.

"Kallen...live on."

Suzaku knew that because he was an essential instrument in this song of Requiem.

"I am his sword. I will cut down his enemies and weakness..."

Suzaku cried for Lelouch as his enemy, as his knight, as his killer, and as his friend.

"L-Lelouch..."

Nunally sobbed for the brother she just found and lost again. In the end he returned to her, her kind brother that loved her more than anything. Lelouch, the person she could always trust because he would never lie to her right?

"Brother, I love you!"

And C.C. cried because for the first time emotions flood her heart. She cried because she was the one that always saw through Lelouch's mask and to the core of his nature.

"Lelouch...as retribution for using the Geass on people...you..."

For the first time in centuries she felt attachment to a person and for the first time she feels...alive.

"It's the first time I met a man like you."

The Zero Requiem was a song that atoned for the sins of the world and gave justice a second chance. It was a song that destroyed and recreated worlds to welcome tomorrow. It was and always will be-Lelouch Lamperouge's masterpiece.

"Yes...I...will destroy...the world...and...recreate it..."
Hamtaro623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:13   Link #2639
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
His eyes actually looked to have the red geass eyes as well as if he was sitting there awaiting an order from Zero who was running by.
I know we see that the Geass is still on him, but he still appeared somewhat confused because remember, Zero to him was Lelouch. Not saying he broke the Geass, but saying he COULD because Schneizel relies on being overly logical in many cases. XD

Really though, I just want an excuse to find some closure for the character. XD
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:13   Link #2640
pokeu

Code Geass' moments from death is equivalent to having spent sleepless nights.

You get the dark eye shadows when you're close to death door, thereafter, YOU DIE.

But seriously, this series went pretty much bullshit at the end when I think over it.

The message brought across was extremely pathetic.

It failed beyond imagination.

To live so that you can die is bullshit, said Lelouche.

Die smiling? C.C. live on in eternity alone as we know is considered hell? All those that she once thought have loved her or not had passed into the flow of time? BLAH BLAH BLAH?

The time C.C. looked happy at all was when she was with Lelouche and he comforted her. (Or in her memories, with her contractor)

If all her past 'experience' amounted to restarting it all over, I believe most people would argue that it is absolute rubbish.

Hence... This episode is either totally illogical and completely rubbish, or makes sense provided C.C. makes sense, which in this case, does not?
pokeu is offline   Reply With Quote